Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.

Crimson Harvest posted:

In joystick news, Mad Katz sold Saitek to Logitech.

:gowron:

That's very interesting. Logitech has been making pretty good stuff recently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurr de la Cruz
May 21, 2007

Put the boots to him, medium style.

Hair Elf
It definitely sounds like a change for the better. But I'm still not gonna even consider buying any saitek poo poo until reviews come out and people use the logitech made stuff for a few months and their QA is proven to not be garbage anymore.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib
No twist yaw, no purchase. Getfukt Saitek. Hail Thrustmaster.

poo poo works using magnets.

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

quote:

We’re thrilled to let you know that you’ll be jumping in your ship-launched fighters, taking on passenger missions, piloting the Beluga liner and experiencing the rest of the amazing list of features coming to 2.2 The Guardians this coming Tuesday 20th September.
:woop:

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

Kurr de la Cruz posted:

That was for Europe, apparently. In the US it doesn't ship till October 1st.

I just read it over at http://www.thrustmaster.com/en_US/%...ed-new-t16000m-

quote:

The T.16000M FCS HOTAS will be available in September, at a suggested retail price of $129.99.

But yeah it sounds more like a rough estimate to be honest.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.

Paramemetic posted:

No twist yaw, no purchase. Getfukt Saitek. Hail Thrustmaster.

poo poo works using magnets.

wat? x52 has twist yaw

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

:toot:

A new round of poo poo posting imminent! What will trigger 2.2 meltdowns? Taking bets now.

:getin:

TomR
Apr 1, 2003
I both own and operate a pirate ship.
2.2 will be a good update with nothing to complain about.

Kurr de la Cruz
May 21, 2007

Put the boots to him, medium style.

Hair Elf
Gonna go with:

Ship transfer delays actually turning out to be horrible WHY DID WE VOTE FOR THIS????

Passenger missions are very boring WHY ISN'T THERE ANY NEW CONTENT INCH DEEP MILE WIDE

oh and fighters being useless

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

TomR posted:

2.2 will be a good update with nothing to complain about.

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die
when is 2.2 dropping anyways? I can't find anything about a release date anywhere (except for "summer 2016" - whoops!)

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.

Polo-Rican posted:

when is 2.2 dropping anyways? I can't find anything about a release date anywhere (except for "summer 2016" - whoops!)

Tuesday

timn
Mar 16, 2010
Is that Tuesday for a beta period or for the full release?

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

Passenger missions? Did they sneak it in last minute? I don't recall any news about it

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

:toot:

A new round of poo poo posting imminent! What will trigger 2.2 meltdowns? Taking bets now.

:getin:

2.2 won't bring anything to the table that Star Citizen doesn't already have. Not to mention the star citizen hotas blows everything else out of the space water.

Perhaps you people will understand one day. Even Kermit knows and sings Full Burn because of how much better it is than anything in E:D. He gets game development the way CIG intends it to be understood.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

grimcreaper posted:

2.2 won't bring anything to the table that Star Citizen doesn't already have. Not to mention the star citizen hotas blows everything else out of the space water.

Perhaps you people will understand one day. Even Kermit knows and sings Full Burn because of how much better it is than anything in E:D. He gets game development the way CIG intends it to be understood.

Nice troll, friend 👏

Kurr de la Cruz posted:

Gonna go with:

Ship transfer delays actually turning out to be horrible WHY DID WE VOTE FOR THIS????

Passenger missions are very boring WHY ISN'T THERE ANY NEW CONTENT INCH DEEP MILE WIDE

oh and fighters being useless

All of these will also happen :buddy:

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."

timn posted:

Is that Tuesday for a beta period or for the full release?

For beta.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Really though the "this game doesn't match the fantasy I built up in my head" meltdowns are my favorite.

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

I don't think they've nailed down a specific date for the final release yet, last I heard it was just October sometime.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer
2.2 Beta dropping 20th, so give or take 2-3 weeks for going live i guess.

Cause they actually do understand game development.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Cause they actually do understand game development.

But seriously, folks...

Snaxx
Apr 5, 2009

quote:

If you already own horizons, or buy it now, you’ll be able to pick up beta access from the store for only £6.99 you will get beta access for 2.2, and all future updates in the Elite Dangerous: Horizons season of expansions. With Passenger gameplay, the Beluga Liner, ship transfer, new station interiors, route plotter improvements, and many quality of life improvements in 2.2 alone, now is a great time to get playing the beta and contribute to the future of the Elite Dangerous galaxy.

I get that this isn't anything new, but that's the first time I've seen beta testing a patch straight up sold as DLC. Bravo!

Mike the TV
Jan 14, 2008

Ninety-nine ninety-nine ninety-nine

Pillbug

Snaxx posted:

I get that this isn't anything new, but that's the first time I've seen beta testing a patch straight up sold as DLC. Bravo!

It's something that was actually petitioned for by the user base.

wargames
Mar 16, 2008

official yospos cat censor

Mike the TV posted:

It's something that was actually petitioned for by the user base.

brown sea is so worthless.

Mike the TV
Jan 14, 2008

Ninety-nine ninety-nine ninety-nine

Pillbug

wargames posted:

brown sea is so worthless.

I'm not disagreeing here, but betas are a nice tool to fiddle with ships that you might not have access to otherwise. Elite has a huge variance of "feel" to the different ships and cockpits, and it would really suck to grind 100 hours to get to a ship that you realize you can't stand because of seat placement. Sure, this scenario caters to pedants, but who of us here isn't one?

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Snaxx posted:

If you're dumb enough to want (to play) a beta, you're dumb enough to pay for it.

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

Elite betas are really fun because everything is super cheap and people are testing out lots of silly ship setups and fighting right outside stations and such.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
If they put in an exclusive paint pack for all ships (a la black friday), i'm in

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Mike the TV posted:

I'm not disagreeing here, but betas are a nice tool to fiddle with ships that you might not have access to otherwise. Elite has a huge variance of "feel" to the different ships and cockpits, and it would really suck to grind 100 hours to get to a ship that you realize you can't stand because of seat placement. Sure, this scenario caters to pedants, but who of us here isn't one?

Agreed, this game desperatly needs a "testing grounds" environment.

It would have saved me going through many a hassle of upgrading weapons only to discard them after 15 minutes of actually shooting them.

CapnBry
Jul 15, 2002

I got this goin'
Grimey Drawer

Sky Shadowing posted:

HOTAS X is great, I don't know why I would need a more advanced HOTAS. With using a button as a shift button I have more than enough buttons to do everything I want.
The HOTAS X is a supreme bargain. I got one from Amazon Warehouse Deals for $30 delivered same day. It does the job without having to spend too much. I have two shift buttons, the stripey button on the stick and the low thumb button on the throttle. Everyone VRs with PVC right?

And because I have to complain about something every time I post. I went to Sol to see what our solar system looks like and was pretty disappointed to see that Moon looked WAY too small from Earth. Moon 2,159 miles across, and it is 238,900 miles away from Earf (roughly). That means it should be 0.516 degrees wide but it is a speck the size of Polaris when viewed from Earth. That makes me think that everything I see in this simulation is not at all like it would look in real life and if this owning-a-spaceship simulator doesn't even simulate what things would look like correctly, what is the point!

Fishreds99
Jul 8, 2009

Beep Boop
Paying to do QA for a cheap and lazy developer is good and dank and definitely not anything to be ashamed of!

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

CapnBry posted:

And because I have to complain about something every time I post. I went to Sol to see what our solar system looks like and was pretty disappointed to see that Moon looked WAY too small from Earth. Moon 2,159 miles across, and it is 238,900 miles away from Earf (roughly). That means it should be 0.516 degrees wide but it is a speck the size of Polaris when viewed from Earth. That makes me think that everything I see in this simulation is not at all like it would look in real life and if this owning-a-spaceship simulator doesn't even simulate what things would look like correctly, what is the point!
Yeah, this is something that's been bothering people since release. The draw distance for smaller objects is too low. The moon's the right size, it's just not being drawn properly at that distance.

Blame consoles, Frontier had to sacrifice fidelity to fit their requirements. I don't know if that's actually true, but blame them anyway.

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

Have the developers mentioned an in-game hud color thing recently? I remember a Frontier rep saying it was a possibility a long, long time ago. I'm so sick of the god drat orange and the current solution makes the radar convey less info!

Emnity
Sep 24, 2009

King of Scotland

Polo-Rican posted:

Just before Star Citizen 1.0. ( I don't take that lame rear end 'Alpha 2.0' bollocks seriously)

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!
2.2 is dropping after they believe the beta has given them enough feedback.

May 5th was when 2.1 was in beta. May 26th was when 2.1 was released to the public.

November 30th 2015 was when Horizons started beta. It entered full release on December 15th.

So, 2-3 weeks after beta starts?

They don't like giving release dates. Engineers release threw off their entire 'release' estimate of Summer, Fall...

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
Can't wait for absolutely none of the 2.2 features to be available out at Jaques

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer

Kurr de la Cruz posted:

It definitely sounds like a change for the better. But I'm still not gonna even consider buying any saitek poo poo until reviews come out and people use the logitech made stuff for a few months and their QA is proven to not be garbage anymore.

I'm hype as gently caress on the idea of saitek's love of buttons meeting up with Logitech's love of not making a poo poo product.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

Polo-Rican posted:

Have the developers mentioned an in-game hud color thing recently? I remember a Frontier rep saying it was a possibility a long, long time ago. I'm so sick of the god drat orange and the current solution makes the radar convey less info!

You can MacGyver it from the ini file: http://arkku.com/elite/hud_editor/

Edit: reading comprehension...no, haven't heard anything about official support for this.

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

You can MacGyver it from the ini file: http://arkku.com/elite/hud_editor/

I did this for a while but stopped because attacking ships on radar didn't appear red, friendlies didn't appear green, etc - a legit handicap

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib

Polo-Rican posted:

I did this for a while but stopped because attacking ships on radar didn't appear red, friendlies didn't appear green, etc - a legit handicap

The secret comes from using negative numbers which make it possible to get green friendlies and red hostiles while not having the body be borange.

• Locked thread