Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

eyebeem posted:

I suspect a lot of us fall into this category. Self included.

https://socialmediaweek.org/blog/2015/04/oregon-trail-generation/

I remember a time when it was called Generation-Y.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Linedance posted:

I remember a time when it was called Generation-Y.

Millenials are Gen Y

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

fridge corn posted:

Millenials are Gen Y

Yes, but before people used the term millenials they referred to the late '70s-early' 80s kids as Gen y, and then there were millenials, and then everyone was millenials, including people who haven't been born yet and your great grandfather and they're all horrible human beings just like everyone to come before or since.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Linedance posted:

Yes, but before people used the term millenials they referred to the late '70s-early' 80s kids as Gen y, and then there were millenials, and then everyone was millenials, including people who haven't been born yet and your great grandfather and they're all horrible human beings just like everyone to come before or since.

Kids being born today and probably for the past 10 years are definitely not millenials

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I am a meat popsicle.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Rally :allears:

If you watch the very end carefully, you see he corrected and continued on without losing a second.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
November 18th
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oK0lkrtYvVs

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

So it's literally the same show with a new name, I loving love it. The BBC must be livid.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

xzzy posted:

So it's literally the same show with a new name, I loving love it. The BBC must be livid.

The BBC recently said it was a big mistake to lose Clarkson and when GT sets some massive streaming record it's gonna make them look even more foolish.

Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!

xzzy posted:

I am most erect, knowing that the old top gear will be basically unchanged.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
I can't wait for the traffic to crash Amazon.com. :dance:

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

xzzy posted:

"Amazon Original" :v:

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Rhyno posted:

The BBC recently said it was a big mistake to lose Clarkson
They said it really hurt them to lose Top Gear but that it was a last straw situation.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

xzzy posted:

I'm pretty sure they expected nothing less.

Clarkson, May and Hammond was Top Gear, the other elements of the show were merely the backdrop for their antics.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Top Gear UK will be fine now that Chris Evans is gone. It very likely may never reach the heights of the old incarnation, but it'll make for a very decent big budget car show.

stump
Jan 19, 2006

Can't see how it's a bad thing. We get to keep old top gear, but with a new name and hopefully with a few cobwebs brushed off. And we also get a new-ish BBC funded car show with an old name which will hopefully be once the figure out what they are doing.

Yeah BBC lost top gear but it's not like they could keep Clarkson around anymore considering the amount of (largely undeserved) poo poo that keeps getting flung at them, and the mostly deserved trouble he kept getting in.

MrKatharsis
Nov 29, 2003

feel the bern

iospace posted:

So, the parking lot at my school has the craziest mix of cars that I've seen in one parking lot. I've spotted a Mercedes SL AMG in the lot (probably staff, though I wouldn't put it past being a student given the area), modded cars of all stripes, and this awesome thing:

Would it still be awesome AI car poo poo if I told you that was Bella's truck from Twilight?

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

stump posted:

Can't see how it's a bad thing. We get to keep old top gear, but with a new name and hopefully with a few cobwebs brushed off. And we also get a new-ish BBC funded car show with an old name which will hopefully be once the figure out what they are doing.

Yup, lovers of car-related tv come out of this amazingly well, it's great! I'll watch both shows...

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

MrKatharsis posted:

Would it still be awesome AI car poo poo if I told you that was Bella's truck from Twilight?
Trap sprung.

And yes.

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^

geeteeslow posted:

My buddy did those, added his watermark. He is a professional drifter, much like you sir are a hater .

Here's the photgrapher's M52 turbo 325i, started life as a shell, swapped to 24V towards Senior year, and went turbo in 2013 or so. It's mighty, around 475 to the tire & pretty darn reliable.

He might be a professional drifter, but his photos are not worth putting a watermark on. :eng101:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

The bespoke 5 speed sequential transmission built for Ryan Teurck's GT458:

Makin lemonade:

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

MrKatharsis posted:

That you know this means you need to hand in your man-card and scurry over to the terrible car stuff thread (maybe the AUG thread too)

donut
Feb 4, 2001

MrKatharsis posted:

At the risk of appearing an autist, luckily it's easy to look these things up.

quote:

It's described as a 50's-60's faded red/orange truck, bought by Billy Black in the 80's and frequently repaired by both himself and Jacob. Billy didn't want to sell it, but lost his need for it when he became disabled. On Stephenie Meyer's website, it is said that her truck is a 1953 Chevy Pick-up truck.

In the movie, Bella's truck is a 1963 Chevy StepSide C-10 pickup.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

McLaren Mustang
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Mustang-/291872461634?forcerrptr=true&hash=item43f4f45342:g:F5cAAOSwnNBXZ-Zx&item=291872461634

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
That exact one was on RCR recently, right?

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Ooo, I dunno. Got a link?

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:
was ding a ding dang, my dang a long racecar.

It's a love affair. Mainly jebus, and my racecar.

Godholio posted:

I can't wait for the traffic to crash Amazon.com. :dance:

Amazon video doesn't run on the same infrastructure as Amazon retail. Sorry. :(

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^

I really like the look of it + widebody + the ducting work, but not 60k like. Not even 30k like. Maybe 10-20k?

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Agreed. I think since its the first model that's why they're adding so much to the price. Plus I think its gotten bids?

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Also not that McLaren.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Cakefool posted:

I do agree don't post your own car though.

What if my car has slicks on 12" wide wheels?

I don't have it anymore.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

The Locator posted:

What if my car has slicks on 12" wide wheels?

I don't have it anymore.

I'm going to allow this.

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005
Saw this rad 1950 Willys pickup at a Kohls in Covington. Can't park for poo poo but I will give it a pass.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

If he's handicapped he might need that space to get out of the car.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Then back in or park on the other side so the no parking zone is on the driver's side. Hash marks mean don't loving out your car here.

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005
No handicap plates or hang tag. Only older style WA state collectors plates.

AnnoyBot
May 28, 2001

HandlingByJebus posted:

Amazon video doesn't run on the same infrastructure as Amazon retail. Sorry. :(

Correct. My old employer was ramping up to deliver Amazon content right before I left. They will have no problem; barely a blip really. It's live events that stress the network the most.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!

fridge corn posted:

How old are you op

iwentdoodie posted:

Most of us are millennials.

Definitely a Gen-Yer/Millennial. But I must have graduated college just a little too early to know what's 'lit af'.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

xzzy posted:

Then back in or park on the other side so the no parking zone is on the driver's side. Hash marks mean don't loving out your car here.

Yes, and in that situation they mean "don't loving put your car here because handicapped vans with ramps need that space." Nobody's getting a ticket for going over that line, unless they're not tagged for the handicapped spot in the first place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Twitter has been a goldmine for car stuff recently.

https://twitter.com/tranquil_chaser/status/776800845027389441