Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

my greatest hope is that one day skyforths are completely worthless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

dangerdoom volvo posted:

do you have a link to your filter

I've been using https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1566921 (end game version)

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Awesome! posted:

my greatest hope is that one day skyforths are completely worthless

I'm also a fan of people who have nice things getting screwed over, so I'm right there with you...after I get one somehow and sell it.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
oh so that's why my item filter freaks out every time sorceror boots drop

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

Ciaphas posted:

So wait all physical damage is effectively multiplied 3.3x with that thing? :stare: How much does that bow cost
18c last I checked.

It doesn't have the strongest offensive stats on its own but the scaling on it is nuts and with flat phys on gear you turn into a goddamn monster. When I switched at 40, it was the strongest midgame build experience I'd ever had, surpassing even Facebreaker. You need to gear right for it, and reflect will seriously gently caress your poo poo up, but it's just an amazingly fun item to play with.

e: re chancing, in 2.0 I chanced a vaults of atziri, that is my one unique chance for my account ever :(

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Soothing Vapors posted:

oh so that's why my item filter freaks out every time sorceror boots drop

Oh is that what it is. I was very very confused about that yesterday.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

theshim posted:

18c last I checked.

It doesn't have the strongest offensive stats on its own but the scaling on it is nuts and with flat phys on gear you turn into a goddamn monster. When I switched at 40, it was the strongest midgame build experience I'd ever had, surpassing even Facebreaker. You need to gear right for it, and reflect will seriously gently caress your poo poo up, but it's just an amazingly fun item to play with.

e: re chancing, in 2.0 I chanced a vaults of atziri, that is my one unique chance for my account ever :(

How well does it stack up at 70+? I'm finding that the flameblast totem elementalist can do the job ok some 80% of the time, but there are situations like highly mobile bosses or odd packs where the whole thing just falls apart. Right now about T5 maps are my character's reasonable limit, so I want to try something new.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

I chanced thunderfists when they were ~14ex, sky forth last league and a loving strongbox into a strange barrel on accident the other day

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

ButtWolf posted:

I was looking at and probably going to do Ghazzy's Lich build cause I like Skeletons in genereal, but is there a reason not to take Minion Instability? I know it basically gives enemies culling strike, but with +++ to minion life, that 33% should be a lot of damage. Is leaving it out balancing your survivability (glass cannon)?

I was looking at that build myself, viable skeleton spam looks fun but good luck getting a +1 or +2 skeleton per cast enchant from the labyrinth, also would have some problem with bosses that vaporize your army, I also feel like with essences the ease of getting a +2-3 staff or bow for raging spirits might make it more viable.

For instability, do the skeletons have enough health for that 33% to do much? if they do the skeletons might become decent nukes.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
I played that build. The enchant is a huge part of it that he kind of glosses over. Summon skeletons has a long rear end cast time and is not a lot of fun without it.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Ciaphas posted:

How well does it stack up at 70+? I'm finding that the flameblast totem elementalist can do the job ok some 80% of the time, but there are situations like highly mobile bosses or odd packs where the whole thing just falls apart. Right now about T5 maps are my character's reasonable limit, so I want to try something new.

Should've gone with templar for decoy totem breaking bosses. I guess you could do it with just a single flameblast totem killing a boss, just takes a while.

Shinino Kage
Sep 5, 2008
How often and what maps should be chanced?

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Shinino Kage posted:

How often and what maps should be chanced?

Never, none.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Ultima66 posted:

Promenade map, always

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Jusupov posted:

Should've gone with templar for decoy totem breaking bosses. I guess you could do it with just a single flameblast totem killing a boss, just takes a while.

Yeah I didn't realize I was gonna be using totems when i made my Witch, or even that I was gonna be using flameblast. She was originally made for firestorming, then I respecced a little to flameblast, then I burned a lot of currency and respecced a LOT to totem flameblast

An interesting experiment but I kind of regret doing it :(

(edit) What classes/skills get the best value out of that Doomfletch thing? Ranger seems like the natural fit but I still have genuinely no idea what to do with this game's passives

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Ciaphas posted:

(edit) What classes/skills get the best value out of that Doomfletch thing? Ranger seems like the natural fit but I still have genuinely no idea what to do with this game's passives

Inquisitor for dropping resists to zero on crit.

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Soothing Vapors posted:

I played that build. The enchant is a huge part of it that he kind of glosses over. Summon skeletons has a long rear end cast time and is not a lot of fun without it.

That sucks. I am crafting a cool rear end bone helmet with minion damage.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

dis astranagant posted:

Inquisitor for dropping resists to zero on crit.

I know it's really trivial with the power of guild stash but getting green gems on templar seems like it'd be a pain in the rear end :(

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Getting gems you don't have access to is trivial.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

I meant meeting the dex requirements, but yeah, it's probably not a big deal. Hell, flametotem lady nearly has more reds than blues :v:

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

you can always grab a 30 dex node while leveling and then respec out of it when you get enough on your gear

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

El Campeon Mundial del Acordeon

Awesome! posted:

you can always grab a 30 dex node while leveling and then respec out of it when you get enough on your gear

There were 3 +50 something dex low level amulets in the gstash last I looked also.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Short of needing some outrageous requirements (like I did back in warbands, not realizing that a harb needs 212 dex, whoops) you can usually make it up pretty easily with some select gear.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

What's that site that lets you plug in uniques and it tells you a viable build?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

http://www.poeprices.info/

802.11weed
May 9, 2007

no
Rarer uniques are harder to chance than the more common ones, chancing the crap moonstone unique is probably a hundred times easier than chancing skyforths. don't feel bad

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
it kinda boggles my mind how fast prices for some items have fallen, just by the introduction of Essences some new uniqes

450pdps two handed swords for 1c after a week? was that ever a case before?

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!
Well, you had a 400pdps doomsower which has unique properties that are arguably easier to make use of

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Is there anything particularly good that I can spend my Orbs of Chance on if I've never chanced for anything yet?

Lektor
May 1, 2013
Hey could i get a guild invite for Stroopwaffels! got booted at some point apparently

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
I ate a stroopwafel today

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

killstealing posted:

I ate a stroopwafel today

I want some. They're so loving good but you can't get them where I live.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
arghhh I rolled a doomfletcher

you fuckers

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Jack Trades posted:

I want some. They're so loving good but you can't get them where I live.

Bet Amazon has em. Else, sorry bud. You can make them yourself though. It's pretty easy if you know some baking

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Jack Trades posted:

Is there anything particularly good that I can spend my Orbs of Chance on if I've never chanced for anything yet?

sorcerer boots

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...

Jack Trades posted:

Zana maps i guess?

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I use my chance orbs to buy scours when I'm fresh out.

It's not a good idea but I'm an idiot so welp.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

NeverSink's filter is supposed to color good chancing items as far as I know. What exactly is the color for those?

It's supposed to be white text/green border but I've never seen an item like that.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Yep, it's that.

code:
#------------------------------------------------------------------------
# 0703 # CHANCE ORB BASES - ADD YOUR ITEMS HERE
#-------------------------------------------------------------------------
# ADD ADDITIONAL STUFF HERE IF YOU WANT
# Enable this line for improved detection of chance bases (like sorcerer boots)

# Sorcerer Boots - Skyforth

### PRIORITY CHANCE ITEMS ### THESE ITEMS PLAY A SOUND WHEN FOUND
### You can add your own items here. The items in this section have a dropsound
Show #$chancing, top
	BaseType "Sorcerer Boots"
	Rarity Normal
	SetTextColor 255 255 255 255
	SetBorderColor 0 210 0 210
	SetFontSize 38
	PlayAlertSound 7 300

# Occultists' Vestment - Shavronne's Armor
# Imperial Bow - Windripper (uncommon, rare)/Lionseye (common, cheap)
# Prophecy wand - Void Battery
# Judgement Staff - Hegemony's/Pledge of Hands
# Desert Brigandine - Can be chanced into Lightning Coil	
# Assassin's Garb - Corspri's Will

### REGULAR CHANCE BASES ###	
Show #$chancing
	BaseType "Occultist's Vestment" "Assassin's Garb" "Prophecy Wand" "Deicide Mask"
	Rarity Normal
	SetBorderColor 0 150 0 150

### LEGACY UNIQUE CHANCE BASES ###
### THESE UNIQUES CAN ONLY BE CHANCED IN THE CORRECT ZANA-LEAGUE MODS ###
# Agate Amulet - ANARCHY ONLY - can be chance to voll's in anarchy maps
# Lapi/Amber Amulet - can be sold together to creater agate amulets
# Leather belt - NEMESIS only - can be chanced into a headhunter belt!

Show #$crafting, exception
	BaseType "Sacrificial Garb"
	Rarity Normal

Translation: highlight the hell out of and play a sound for Sorcerer Boots; highlight Occultist's Vestment, Assassin's Garb, Prophecy Wand and Deicide Mask. (Not sure why the comment has Imperial Bow, Desert Brigandine and Judgement Staff but doesn't include them in the filter)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hauki
May 11, 2010

whypick1 posted:

Yep, it's that.

code:

#------------------------------------------------------------------------
# 0703 # CHANCE ORB BASES - ADD YOUR ITEMS HERE
#-------------------------------------------------------------------------
# ADD ADDITIONAL STUFF HERE IF YOU WANT
# Enable this line for improved detection of chance bases (like sorcerer boots)

# Sorcerer Boots - Skyforth

### PRIORITY CHANCE ITEMS ### THESE ITEMS PLAY A SOUND WHEN FOUND
### You can add your own items here. The items in this section have a dropsound
Show #$chancing, top
	BaseType "Sorcerer Boots"
	Rarity Normal
	SetBorderColor 0 210 0 210
	SetFontSize 38
	PlayAlertSound 7 300

# Occultists' Vestment - Shavronne's Armor
# Imperial Bow - Windripper (uncommon, rare)/Lionseye (common, cheap)
# Prophecy wand - Void Battery
# Judgement Staff - Hegemony's/Pledge of Hands
# Desert Brigandine - Can be chanced into Lightning Coil	
# Assassin's Garb - Corspri's Will

### REGULAR CHANCE BASES ###	
Show #$chancing
	BaseType "Occultist's Vestment" "Assassin's Garb" "Prophecy Wand" "Deicide Mask"
	Rarity Normal

### LEGACY UNIQUE CHANCE BASES ###
### THESE UNIQUES CAN ONLY BE CHANCED IN THE CORRECT ZANA-LEAGUE MODS ###
# Agate Amulet - ANARCHY ONLY - can be chance to voll's in anarchy maps
# Lapi/Amber Amulet - can be sold together to creater agate amulets
# Leather belt - NEMESIS only - can be chanced into a headhunter belt!

Show #$crafting, exception
	BaseType "Sacrificial Garb"
	Rarity Normal

Translation: highlight the hell out of and play a sound for Sorcerer Boots; highlight Occultist's Vestment, Assassin's Garb, Prophecy Wand and Deicide Mask. (Not sure why the comment has Imperial Bow, Desert Brigandine and Judgement Staff but doesn't include them in the filter)

Imperial bow was windripper, brigadine is lightning coil, judgement staff was hegemony/pledge of hands. They've all dropped precipitously in price, so I'm sure it was just sloppy editing when removing them. They're all worth like 5c now, if that.

• Locked thread