Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Ugh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Madcosby posted:

This is kinda unrelates, but the newest south park was a bit about kaepernick and not standing at the anthem, but the episode was p bad by south park standards so you wont miss anything if you dont see it.

The bit linked earlier wasnt even in the episode.

Thats your south park news.

Are you 13?

Coldforge posted:

Bad by south park standards. Heh.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
I haven't watched Southpark in about a decade.

I liked it in highschool.

This has been a hot take.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
South Park? Heh...I only watch high brow stuff like The Daily Show. You might have heard of it. :smug:

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
I watch CNN for the funniest poo poo on TV. Watching Orange Hitler get elected is hilarious.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Marquis de Pyro posted:

South Park? Heh...I only watch high brow stuff like The Daily Show. You might have heard of it. :smug:

I have never seen someone fail quite so frequently and consistently at trying to own someone and I own a mirror.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Hello fellow millennials, I am here to talk about how none of us watch any tv anymore except for Live sports and whatever Netflix picked up.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Just when you thought we couldn't extract anymore stupid out of this, the NY Daily News and Frank Isola come idiot galloping to the rescue.https://twitter.com/FisolaNYDN/status/776573454652993536

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Just when you thought we couldn't extract anymore stupid out of this, the NY Daily News and Frank Isola come idiot galloping to the rescue.https://twitter.com/FisolaNYDN/status/776573454652993536

hahahahahaha

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Also David Brooks wrote the David Brooksiest column about it.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Henchman of Santa posted:

Also David Brooks wrote the David Brooksiest column about it.

holy poo poo you aren't kidding

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
dear white people,

please die in a fire and shut up

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

gently caress David Brooks forever.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Hey David Brooks, when Europeans came to America, you know what their thoughts were?

What that nigga want God?
Word up, look out for the cops though Wu-Tang five finger poo poo
Cash rules-
Word up, two for fives over here baby
Word up, two for fives, niggas got garbage down the way, word up
Know what I'm saying?
Cash rules everything around me C.R.E.A.M. get-
Yeah, check this old fly poo poo out, word up
Cash rules everything around me C.R.E.A.M. get the money
Take you on a natural joint
Here we here we go
Dollar, dollar bill y'all
Check this poo poo, yo

I grew up on the crime side, the New York Times side
Staying alive was no jive
Had secondhands, Mom's bounced on old man
So then we moved to Shaolin land
A young youth, yo, rocking the gold tooth, 'Lo goose
Only way I be gettin' the G off was drug loot
And let's start it like this son, rolling with this one and that one
Pulling out Gats for fun
But it was just a dream for the teen who was a fiend
Started smoking woolas at 16
And running up in gates, and doing hits for high stakes
Making my way on fire escapes
No question I would speed for cracks and weed
The combination made my eyes bleed
No question I would flow off and try to get the dough all
Sticking up white boys in ball courts
My life got no better, same drat 'Lo sweater
Times is rough and tough like leather
Figured out I went the wrong route
So I got with a sick-rear end clique and went all out
Catching keys from across seas
Rolling in MPV's every week we made forty G's
Yo nigga respect mine or here go the TEC-9
Ch-chick-POW, move from the gate now

Cash rules everything around me:
CREAM, get the money

CREAM, get the money

It's been twenty-two long hard years of still struggling
Survival got me bugging, but I'm alive on arrival
I peep at the shape of the streets
And stay awake to the ways of the world cause poo poo is deep
A man with a dream with plans to make cream
Which failed; I went to jail at the age of fifteen
A young buck selling drugs and such who never had much
Trying to get a clutch at what I could not
The court played me short, now I face incarceration
Pacin' - going upstate's my destination
Handcuffed in the back of a bus, forty of us
Life as a shorty shouldn't be so rough
But as the world turned I learned life is hell
Living in the world no different from a cell
Every day I escape from Jakes giving chase, selling base
Smoking bones in the staircase
Though I don't know why I chose to smoke sess
I guess that's the time when I'm not depressed
But I'm still depressed and I ask what's it worth?
Ready to give up so I seek the old Earth
Who explained working hard may help you maintain
To learn to overcome the heartaches and pain
We got stickup kids, corrupt cops, and crack rocks and
Stray shots, all on the block that stays hot
Leave it up to me while I be living proof
To kick the truth to the young Black youth
But shorty's running wild, smoking sess, drinking beer
And ain't trying to hear what I'm kicking in his ear
Neglected for now, but yo, it gots to be accepted
That what? That life is hectic

CREAM, get the money

CREAM, get the money

CREAM, get the money

CREAM, get the money

Niggas got to do what they got to do
To get through - know what I'm saying?
Because you can't just get by no more - word up -
You gotta get over - straight up and down

CREAM, get the money

CREAM, get the money

CREAM, get the money

CREAM, get the money

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Kalli posted:

Hello fellow millennials, I am here to talk about how none of us watch any tv anymore except for Live sports and whatever Netflix picked up.

:thurman:

My WIFE still watches TV. :shudder: I think I'm gettin' a divorce, ya'll.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

NC-17 posted:

dear white people,

please die in a fire and shut up

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

quote:

When Europeans first settled this continent they had two big thoughts. The first was that God had called them to create a good and just society on this continent. The second was that they were screwing it up.

Well I guess slavery and slaughter would be screwing it up.

quote:

The early settlers put intense moral pressure on themselves. They filled the air with angry jeremiads about how badly things were going and how much they needed to change.

Oh okay, I guess we can expand on the slaughter.

quote:

By 1776, this fusion of radical hope and radical self-criticism had become the country’s civic religion. This civic religion was based on a moral premise — that all men are created equal — and pointed toward a vision of a promised land — a place where your family or country of origin would have no bearing on your opportunities.

And definitely on the slavery.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Holy poo poo David Brooks you're a loving moron with no grasp of the history of this country stop embarrassing yourself

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Redgrendel2001 posted:

But the U.S. has human trafficking issues too! :psyduck:

Edit
I bet the LAPD kills more black men in a year than the Thai government has killed ever.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Sports Illustrated wrote a piece about Cam Newton running away from being black even faster then he does loose fumbles.

http://www.si.com/nfl/2016/09/16/cam-newton-colin-kaepernick-anthem-protests-race-panthers-49ers

quote:

Part of the shift has to do with GOP pollster and PR advisor Frank Luntz. Luntz has worked with the Panthers before—Deadspin outlined some of his work with them and Cam Newton in a piece from 2014, which included, as the article says, “a campaign to enhance the image of several players and the organization.” He was called in (by whom is unclear) this off-season to help Newton frame discussions on race among other topics, according to people close to Newton. Luntz, who declined comment on this story through a spokeswoman, is often credited with prompting the phrase “climate change” rather than global warming and helping Newt Gingrich with his 1990s “Contract With America.”

It’s also not hard to see where he stands on Kaepernick’s recent protests.

https://twitter.com/FrankLuntz/status/771555776699609089?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

quote:

Newton clearly didn’t want to talk about race in that summer interview with GQ—the interviewer himself said as much. In an interview with ESPN before last Thursday’s opener in Denver, Newton seemed baffled as to why the color of one’s skin makes us so divided despite the mountains of evidence compiled over centuries of just why that has come to be.

Stephen A. Smith, in a polished 15-minute response, deconstructed Newton’s post-racial rhetoric. Regularly controversial, Smith did so while not necessarily blaming the quarterback for saying these things, but also posited that these comments could be a matter of protecting Newton’s brand.

Newton also did an interview with Charlotte TV station WCCB before the Denver game that got much less publicity than his other comments. Here he addressed police brutality.

“It’s not just police killing black people it’s…people make mistakes. People make mistakes often,” Newton told the station. “No matter the color, no matter the age, no matter the size or what have you. In my community, it’s people that’s killing people. And that’s all across America. So it’s not a point in time where I just don’t want to fingerpoint and hold this specific entity up to a standard that we’re all not living up to.

“Do I think it’s right? No. But I just think we all, as a whole, should be better. You know? And I don’t think skin color, I don’t think culture status, should kind of alienate certain people from others. That’s just not something that I believe in. I believe in treating everybody right.”

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
South Park is still great to watch on sundays. So many different reruns

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

The Bills are the only team in New York and Tyrod is the only black quarterback.

Edit

Cam Newton posted:

So it’s not a point in time where I just don’t want to fingerpoint and hold this specific entity up to a standard that we’re all not living up to.

Look guys, if black people can't even stop shooting black people, how do you expect white cops to act differently? We can't expect cops to act differently from criminals! It would be racist to do so!

Chichevache fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Sep 16, 2016

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Chichevache posted:

The Bills are the only team in New York and Tyrod is the only black quarterback.

Edit

Look guys, if black people can't even stop shooting black people, how do you expect white cops to act differently? We can't expect cops to act differently from criminals! It would be racist to do so!

That's my favorite myth.

It's not a myth that 90% of murdered blacks are murdered by other blacks... but something like 88% of murdered whites are murdered by other whites. I have no idea why anyone ascribes relevance to that statistic.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

poo poo man, it worked for Russell Wilson, why wouldn't Newton follow that example? It honestly seems the only way to go, if you want to get good coverage.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Chilichimp posted:

That's my favorite myth.

It's not a myth that 90% of murdered blacks are murdered by other blacks... but something like 88% of murdered whites are murdered by other whites. I have no idea why anyone ascribes relevance to that statistic.

The answer is because they think black people are responsible for the ghetto.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Kalli posted:

yeeeeeeeeeeep

E: See also "Well why don't black people do something about all the drug dealers and gang bangers in their neighborhoods???"

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Kalli posted:

Racism would end if Black people would drop their victim complex, haven't you heard?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
See also: Barack Obama is DIVIDING THIS COUNTRY because we realized how garbage institutional racism is while he Presidented While Black

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I have never seen someone fail quite so frequently and consistently at trying to own someone and I own a mirror.

Lmao

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
I agree with you guys and all but I think the Brooks and Isola takes are much more harmful in this discussion than Newton. The sheer number of loving idiots out there is depressing

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Chichevache posted:

Wasn't that when he was loving Aldon Smith's ex?

wow, I didn't know this. holy poo poo, football players are some fuckin emotional children if this caused the whole locker room to turn on him.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Chichevache posted:

But the U.S. has human trafficking issues too! :psyduck:

Edit
I bet the LAPD kills more black men in a year than the Thai government has killed ever.

I'd strongly recommend against that bet.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
My latest research indicates that the police force of Grand Forks, North Dakota has killed more people in the past year than atomic bombs have in the history of earth

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

v2vian man posted:

I agree with you guys and all but I think the Brooks and Isola takes are much more harmful in this discussion than Newton. The sheer number of loving idiots out there is depressing

Yeah, Cam's attempting to protect his interests, which isn't particularly brave but whatever. Brooks and Isola aren't in danger of losing their jobs if they side with Kaepernick, they just decide against him to further other really awful people's interests.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

the stupid takes about the anthem are an entire culture bubbling up whereas cam is just one uncle cornball that is protecting his brand. obviously the former is way worse but it's easier to pick on cam for doing nothing

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Marquis de Pyro posted:

My latest research indicates that the police force of Grand Forks, North Dakota has killed more people in the past year than atomic bombs have in the history of earth

Does your research reveal that the atom bomb drops in WWII were a conspiracy and never actually happened?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/776878630765035520

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Law enforcement (especially correctional officers) unions are literally the only thing that makes me think organized labor is maybe not a good idea.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Apathy is a much more effective deterrent than the police. So meh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Redgrendel2001 posted:

I'd strongly recommend against that bet.

I didn't even know Thailand had black communities.:aaa:

• Locked thread