Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cippalippus
Mar 31, 2007

Out for a ride, chillin out w/ a couple of friends. Going to be back for dinner
holy poo poo Milan is sinking so hard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Where can I put down money that Oddo will be hired and then fired by Milan within the next 24 months?

For real though, I like Pescara a lot. They aren't bothered by the opposition maintaining possession, and take their chances when they get the opportunity. I'll be pretty surprised if they are relegated this year.

And if Inter upgraded their fullbacks, they'd be legit (with depth) in every position.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Gigi Galli posted:

That is very good.

Is it though? Because he's gonna wanna come back to Milan

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Soulex posted:

Is it though? Because he's gonna wanna come back to Milan

He already said he's never coming back to play in Italy. I don't blame him.

At the rate this Milan side is playing, I'll be happy to enter the December market outside of the relegation zone. The next few weeks are all going to be tough. Samp away, Lazio at home, Fiorentina away and then a guaranteed 5-0 loss to Sassuolo. If we get 3 points out of this I will be impressed. If Montolivo can somehow get injured soon maybe 5 or 6.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Zarate's wife was diagnosed with cancer and they removed a tumor from her boob. He might be back this week but was gone because of that

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Montella is supposedly furious at the old guys in the squad and its rumored we'll see some big changes in the lineup next week. Hopefully Montolivo and Abate get dropped, they were both trash last weekend. I'd rather have De Sciglio/Calabria in defense and literally anyone in midfield.

I'd also like to see us switch to a 4-4-2 with Bacca and Lapadula playing together and Suso and Jack moved to the wide midfielder roles. I think it could work with a competent center mid (which we don't have).

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

In more Italian news, Rolando Maran was caught swearing (blaspheming, probably a nice dio can) by the cameras so he will be suspended next week lol.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Gigi Galli posted:

In more Italian news, Rolando Maran was caught swearing (blaspheming, probably a nice dio can) by the cameras so he will be suspended next week lol.

broken italy

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Speaking of, Di Canio has been canned by Sky because they neglected to remember that he has a giant "DUX" tattoo on his arm and some people threw a fit when they saw an official Sky photo of him that showed it.

Shoulda just asked him to wear a long sleeve shirt in the first place ffs, did they not know who he was when they hired him?

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Gigi Galli posted:

Speaking of, Di Canio has been canned by Sky because they neglected to remember that he has a giant "DUX" tattoo on his arm and some people threw a fit when they saw an official Sky photo of him that showed it.

Shoulda just asked him to wear a long sleeve shirt in the first place ffs, did they not know who he was when they hired him?

What's the significance of DUX, I'm assuming its a facist thing ?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

jre posted:

What's the significance of DUX, I'm assuming its a facist thing ?

Yes, it's Latin for "duce", the title that Mussolini held.

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
Jesus, Roma can't even beat a Czech Europa league team.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Sassuolo is the best team in Italy, and hell, maybe Southern Europe imo.

Cippalippus
Mar 31, 2007

If you don't know Italian now it's the right loving time to learn it because lmao read this poo poo http://www.ilpost.it/2016/09/15/cosa-ha-scoperto-bloomberg-sul-milan/

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Cippalippus posted:

If you don't know Italian now it's the right loving time to learn it because lmao read this poo poo http://www.ilpost.it/2016/09/15/cosa-ha-scoperto-bloomberg-sul-milan/

So for anyone that doesn't care to learn Italian this is saying that a Bloomberg source (who is anonymous) is saying that the Chinese group buying Milan doesn't have all the money to close the deal and is in fact scrambling to find investors, which imo has been obvious from the beginning. The last line stuck out at me though:

quote:

ma stavolta crediamo che l’affare sia fatto e che manchino [solo i] dettagli

"This time we believe that the deal is done, all that remains is the details" - this is literally Milan.txt before everything falls apart.

For fucks sake.

Gigi Galli fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Sep 15, 2016

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Gigi Galli posted:

Sassuolo is the best team in Italy, and hell, maybe Southern Europe imo.

drat, I think you're right

Gigi Galli posted:

So for anyone that doesn't care to learn Italian this is saying that a Bloomberg source (who is anonymous) is saying that the Chinese group buying Milan doesn't have all the money to close the deal and is in fact scrambling to find investors, which imo has been obvious from the beginning. The last line stuck out at me though:

{quote}ma stavolta crediamo che l’affare sia fatto e che manchino [solo i] dettagli{/quote}

"This time we believe that the deal is done, all that remains is the details" - this is literally Milan.txt before everything falls apart.

For fucks sake.

:ughh:

Cippalippus
Mar 31, 2007

Gigi Galli posted:

For fucks sake.

Thank you Gigi. I was still in office and didn't have time to translate/sum that up.
Am I the only one thinking that they won't be able to buy AC Milan?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Cippalippus posted:

Thank you Gigi. I was still in office and didn't have time to translate/sum that up.
Am I the only one thinking that they won't be able to buy AC Milan?

They've already spent 100 million and may actually go forward with it but I think that it will drag on to the end of the season rather than January.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
does berlusconi want some insane amount of money for milan because chinese billionaire's are buying second division english clubs with no problems and milan are a big club

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

https://twitter.com/tommystar55/status/776789909432598528

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

nice, nice, welcome to Italy, Polish friend.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

There's rumors floating around that Frank de Boer is going to get sacked if he doesn't have at least a draw v Juve this weekend.

(Also, La Gazzetta's English site is down right now if any of you guys read that, but there's a message saying they're going to be back soon with an expanded English-language section.)

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Learning Italian is hard and easy.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Soulex posted:

Learning Italian is hard and easy.

you can pm if you have trouble, I will teach you all the veneto stylings

Troy Queef posted:

There's rumors floating around that Frank de Boer is going to get sacked if he doesn't have at least a draw v Juve this weekend.

(Also, La Gazzetta's English site is down right now if any of you guys read that, but there's a message saying they're going to be back soon with an expanded English-language section.)

well, RIP then. I bet Mancini is having a big lol right about now.

Lapadula is replacing Bacca tonight, because that was clearly the problem and not Montolivo and Abate getting caught out every three seconds.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Christ, Donnarumma does not deserve this awful team in front of him. Top save.

E: Almost a nice assist to Muriel from Montolivo, ffs

Gigi Galli fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Sep 16, 2016

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Gigi Galli posted:

you can pm if you have trouble, I will teach you all the veneto stylings

well, RIP then. I bet Mancini is having a big lol right about now.

Lapadula is replacing Bacca tonight, because that was clearly the problem and not Montolivo and Abate getting caught out every three seconds.

Thanks. Yeah I'm gonna try to get to the point where the family and I only speak Italian on the weekends or something. And eventually do that with Albanian.

I might be going to Italy soon but not in a good way. Father in Law was just diagnosed with lung cancer. He has tumors on both lungs and had trouble breathing. The sick part, is that he could have come in a year ago and almost guaranteed walking away alive. Now he has a 30% survival rate. Poor gently caress doesn't even know. He thinks it's an infection.

So, might be going to Italy soon :negative:

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Soulex posted:

Thanks. Yeah I'm gonna try to get to the point where the family and I only speak Italian on the weekends or something. And eventually do that with Albanian.

I might be going to Italy soon but not in a good way. Father in Law was just diagnosed with lung cancer. He has tumors on both lungs and had trouble breathing. The sick part, is that he could have come in a year ago and almost guaranteed walking away alive. Now he has a 30% survival rate. Poor gently caress doesn't even know. He thinks it's an infection.

So, might be going to Italy soon :negative:

Our condolences and best wishes to your FIL.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Sorry to hear that Soulex, best of luck to your family.

This game is poo poo and Gigio is keeping it 0-0. Lapadula had one good but difficult chance. I like how he's been playing so far, at least. As usual it's the midfield holding everything back. Jack is so out of position in that role and Sosa/Montolivo are too slow and poo poo to be good at anything other than getting in the way.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Viviano just tipped a Bacca shot on to the post, gently caress!!!!!

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

2 penalties for Milan denied, and like, not bullshit ones either, dead on. This is getting ridiculous.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

THE BACC MAN COMETH MOTHERFUCKERS

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Milan would be dead without the Baccman and a literal teenager.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

I'm happy Milan won, but the refereeing in this match was absolutely atrocious. Milan had two clear penalties denied (one clear for me, biased of course, another clear for anyone but a literal blind person), Samp had a legitimate goal ruled out for offside, when the player was on by half a meter, Muriel was given a yellow for an intentional handball which was not intentional in the least, and the match went almost 4 minutes beyond the extra time for no reason. Irrati better get an absolutely terrible grade by the referees association, that was insanely bad.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Joe Hart is reading Italian translations of his statements in press conferences. Maybe he's a good lad?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vf4xazKyYsc

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

I'm glad, I like when foreign players put in an effort to integrate in to the country they're playing in. Good for him.

So a couple of things while the forums were down:

Mihajolovic has benched Maxi Lopez for being fat; he accused him of carrying around a washing machine worth of extra weight.

Lazio played a terrible first half against Pescara and then scored 3 goals in 10 minutes or so to win the game. Big Cir scored his first for them.

Now Napoli are taking apart Bologna.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Bologna are doing a halfway decent job of keeping Napoli outside of their box but that's about it. One of these shots from Hamsik or Insigne is going to make it 2-0 if this keeps up.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

where's mackintosh, the polack joke (not to be confused with the polish fraud) just scored again

e: and another one!

Troy Queef fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Sep 17, 2016

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

He's been great the past two games. Maybe Sarri told him to shape up

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Note to self: if Mackintosh hates a Polish striker, he'll score lots of goals for his club team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

trem_two posted:

Joe Hart is reading Italian translations of his statements in press conferences. Maybe he's a good lad?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vf4xazKyYsc
this almost makes me feel bad for him

• Locked thread