Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Tei posted:

...and the absolute best is to laugh at hunters problems with jumping puzzles.

What the gently caress is happening? What are Bones? What is quadruple jump?
Feels like lots of people here have neeeeeeever touched Hunter to think they have any issue with platforming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Roman posted:

Fortitude mentions "Guardians with flickering vision" so I actually wonder if the film grain thing isn't a bug
I was wrong, people are getting flickering vision now:

I don't want to get too into the ARG thing because it's just going to end with getting an emblem I'll never use, but it's nice they're doing something

Last_Taste
Feb 13, 2012

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Sure thing. I'll be on this evening. gt uberingram

worst case we two man both of them.

I will be trying to pry my controller from my wifes wine soaked hands tonight, so if I am playing destiny feel free to add me: cyanshow19

If I am on netflix, I lost the battle. Please pour some out for a fallen krew member.

Pinely
Jul 23, 2013
College Slice
only jumping I don't like in KF is platforms on the Oryx fight. if the runner falls at all it's a wipe on hard. nbd for daughters because you only go twice, but gently caress having the runner fall on the fourth round

really hoping that wrath of the machine has less of that "one gently caress up equals wipe" design.

edit - i need another 45k on coe and will gladly do nightfall as well tonight. gt is Pinely.

The Vinja Ninja
Mar 16, 2006

Sometimes, time beats you.

Pinely posted:

only jumping I don't like in KF is platforms on the Oryx fight. if the runner falls at all it's a wipe on hard. nbd for daughters because you only go twice, but gently caress having the runner fall on the fourth round

really hoping that wrath of the machine has less of that "one gently caress up equals wipe" design.

Imagine if on hard, you wipe on the Templar if it successfully teleports. That would take such a long time to complete.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Pinely posted:

People who have played with me, you're welcome as hell for never having to deal with any runner issues. :cool:

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Pinely posted:

We did the hard raid day one, in just a few hours, with my group of ~srs bzness~ players.

I never did it again because of exactly that reason.

I always hated the permadeath part of hard raids, but that combined with the 'you all die' failchecks in KF was enough for me to nope out.

The main issue is it simply isn't fun. I had a lot of people on my friends list who I was happy to drag along to a raid, but many of those same people would struggle massively in hard mode raids, and it just wound up being stressful and un-chill for everyone involved.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

FishBulb posted:

I just spent 1000 strange coins

:shepspends:

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

I still have 1500 but my finger got tired

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
I wish you could wear the Halloween masks over your helmet. I would never take mine off.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
I am looking forward to Rise of Iron. Thinking of taking the day after launch off work so I can check out the new content after launch day connection issues are hopefully smoothed out. Welp, ttyl.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

How do you pre-order ROI on the Xbox? Seems like only the bundle is a available. Maybe doing in store is easier?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Blind Rasputin posted:

How do you pre-order ROI on the Xbox? Seems like only the bundle is a available. Maybe doing in store is easier?

Easiest way I found is to click through the RoI site on bungie.net. I couldn't find it through the xbox store, made a pissy post about it a couple weeks ago.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Big Reaps knows his stuff- Hunters rule, Titans are bitchlords.

ohrwurm
Jun 25, 2003

poor life choice posted:

Thinking of taking the day after launch off work

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

lol wage slaves this is EXACTLY why I don't have a job

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Call of Cholula posted:

lol wage slaves this is EXACTLY why I don't have a job

Carrying out the trash after your mom spends 10 minutes yelling down the stairs for you to get your rear end moving is still technically work.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

I just realized that I've never preordered a DLC before. I bought it through the PSN store. Do I need to do anything special or will it just unlock on the 20th?

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Emron posted:

I just realized that I've never preordered a DLC before. I bought it through the PSN store. Do I need to do anything special or will it just unlock on the 20th?

It'll just unlock by itself. The most you'll have to do is probably download a small unlock patch.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

TaurusOxford posted:

It'll just unlock by itself. The most you'll have to do is probably download a small unlock patch.

After validating 20+Gb of other game files, it will download a 100k file. Still takes 3 hours.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
So the thing is still just ya get some fuzz on your head and get a buff right? Nothing else?

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Ultimate Mango posted:

After validating 20+Gb of other game files, it will download a 100k file. Still takes 3 hours.

I'll be at work, will it do this automatically if my PS4 is in rest mode?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

FishBulb posted:

So the thing is still just ya get some fuzz on your head and get a buff right? Nothing else?

So far, yeah. The web page periodically unlocks new chat logs when the counts hit milestones but no new in-game stuff yet.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

FishBulb posted:

Dunno man looks like something happens with it once levels reach their markers

http://owlsector.bungie.net/#en

Click on open records

http://owlsector.bungie.net/archive.html#en

There's write ups with all the buffs and the bullet points have been slowly filling up over time.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

It's actually an unlock quest for the exotic Fatebringer, if you don't complete all the steps before Tuesday you'll never be able to acquire the weapon.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

FishBulb posted:

people are also getting the flickering vision thing i mentioned above. that's it so far

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

I wish I could bring myself to take a day off work for 3 missions.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

^burtle posted:

Hey there's gunna be a couple exotic quests too!!

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

^burtle posted:

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
Archons Forge is gonna be sweet at least three times through.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

xzzy posted:

made a pissy post about it

You? Never.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

SA needs only two kinds of posts, comedy and crabbing. All that middle stuff is noise.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

^burtle posted:

Yeah, and it's all we're getting for a year so might as well savor it, you know?

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

^burtle posted:

I'm nearing my PTO cap. The City needs me.

Dr. Light
Dec 16, 2006

Blind Rasputin posted:

I think it's listed as a bundle on Xbox because it has the pre-order bonuses. I found different links for the 'Collection' (base game + all expansions, $60) and the ROI 'bundle' (ROI pre-order + sparrow + gjallarhorn $30).

Volcanic Vents
Mar 28, 2009
I just got cruised by a dude in the tower for the SpaceTDs I picked up Rumbling.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

poor life choice posted:

I'm nearing my PTO cap. The City needs me.

I'm at my PTO cap and being laid off in 2 months. Gonna poopsock so hard for 48 hours. :v:

Bettyspagh3tt1
Jan 24, 2009
I have a ton of time to use up, and I also just tore something in my knee, perfect timing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Bettyspagh3tt1 posted:

I have a ton of time to use up, and I also just tore something in my knee, perfect timing.

OWW gently caress MY HAMMIES

• Locked thread