Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Shinobu is PERFECTION

Kosaku is rocking the white suit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I'm very excited to see best girl 2016 Shinobu along with best relationship of the year. Really hope the To Be Continued is on Kosaku having to get himself out of the whole "open the safe" jam

White suit Kosaku is weird, I feel like I've gotten used to Kira with the white suit and Kosaku with the purple over the years but o well

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Kosaku looks great facially too, but he's no Shinobu.

e: Next ep is a 1'er. Rohan will own that child.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Sep 16, 2016

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Moltrey posted:

I'm very excited to see best girl 2016 Shinobu along with best relationship of the year. Really hope the To Be Continued is on Kosaku having to get himself out of the whole "open the safe" jam

White suit Kosaku is weird, I feel like I've gotten used to Kira with the white suit and Kosaku with the purple over the years but o well
It ends on Shinobu falling (back) in love with Kosaku.
Next episode: Rohan Punches a Sixth Grader

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

It ends on Shinobu falling (back) in love with Kosaku.
Next episode: Rohan Punches a Sixth Grader

*always sunny in philadelphia music plays*

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Good ep, though I had a thought while watching. Is there any reason (beyond not thinking of it/ narrative convenience) that Josuke couldn't use Crazy D on Kira's fingernails to track him down?

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Roach Warehouse posted:

Good ep, though I had a thought while watching. Is there any reason (beyond not thinking of it/ narrative convenience) that Josuke couldn't use Crazy D on Kira's fingernails to track him down?

well, they're kinda small to track. would be tough to keep your eye on one at 3 - 5 feet

Theowulv
Feb 21, 2015

My wall can now attack
Oh poo poo I didn't realize RPS was so soon. I'm really excited now.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Roach Warehouse posted:

Because Kira's nails have already grown back, those nails have nowhere to return too.

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

Roach Warehouse posted:

It wouldn't work. It didn't take long for Josuke's own dried blood to become "not him" so I would imagine those nail clippings aren't really something that can be fixed.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

it's like if someone lost a hand and the skin eventually grew back over the wrist. there's no example like it in the manga that i know of, but the assumption is that crazy diamond can't 'fix' it if there's nowhere for it to go

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Yeah that makes sense.

It's not like it would have impacted my enjoyment if there wasn't any working justification for it, just something that occurred to me. Also I like the image of Josuke fixing individual clippings until he loses track of them, then repeating until he finds Kira, freaking out over his new huge fingernails.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Something that's been bugging me for a little while; what was Kira going to do if Josuke didn't repair his severed hand? Would he try to play off Kosaku casually losing his hand in an accident? Or did he force Cinderella to tear off Kosaku's hand to graft onto his arm?

Edit: Wait, Kosaku's corpse wasn't missing a hand at all, that's how Jotaro identified it as not-Kira.

grancheater
May 1, 2013

Wine'em, dine'em, 69'em
If only they had some very tiny swarm-type stand that could help track down the healing nail clippings. If only.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

ChaosArgate posted:

Something that's been bugging me for a little while; what was Kira going to do if Josuke didn't repair his severed hand? Would he try to play off Kosaku casually losing his hand in an accident? Or did he force Cinderella to tear off Kosaku's hand to graft onto his arm?

Edit: Wait, Kosaku's corpse wasn't missing a hand at all, that's how Jotaro identified it as not-Kira.

I guess he expected them to reattach the hand.

They cut some stuff this week, nothing too important, Okuyasu and Koichi fooling around in Kira's fridge. (Motherfucker), Josuke getting hit a second time by the phone and Kira actually trying to open the safe.

Kurtofan fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Sep 16, 2016

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Kurtofan posted:

I guess he expected them to reattach the hand.

They cut some stuff this week, nothing too important, Okuyasu and Koichi fooling around in Kira's fridge. (Motherfucker), Josuke getting hit a second time by the phone and Kira actually trying to open the safe.

I think it works a lot better with Kira not bothering with the safe. The odds of him opening it are pretty slim since he hasn't had an opportunity to really learn anything about Kosaku besides from whatever the dude was carrying.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Btw I think Yoshinhiro is kind of lame but the way he died in the finale is amazing

standard owl
Jan 9, 2011

Kira Yoshihiro is the best father in the entire series.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Yoshihiro rules

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Baal posted:

Btw I think Yoshinhiro is kind of lame but the way he died in the finale is amazing

His entire purpose is just to make part 4 longer, so technically he's the best character.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Momomo posted:

His entire purpose is just to make part 4 longer, so technically he's the best character.

Without Yoshihiro we wouldn't have Highway Star, so this checks out.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I don't think he's unnecessary, I just think he sort of overstays his welcome past certain key fights and that Photo stand is just loving stupid even if it is really funny. He causes good fights though, so I'm at least very excited to see him fire an arrow at Mikataka again.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I mean he's barely there except for the end.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
He shows up to incur every fight from this point on and causes the villain's final power up, he's there in the second half more than Kira. Like I'm not even making a big deal of this, I'm just saying I think he's sort of lame.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
he's a dutiful father looking out for his dear son and making newfriends.

I kinda like the "let's see them foil this plan!!!" in a dr mad kind of way

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
And I'm glad for him

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
My favorite thing about Yoshihiro is how Kira just absolutely does not give a gently caress about him.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I don't think Kira says one word to his loving father throughout Part 4. Like he shows up in front of Kira after he kills Hayato but Kira's just freaking out and Yoshihiro's just talking at him. Even when he gets stabbed by the arrow again, Kira doesn't say loving poo poo to him, gently caress you picture ghost dad

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Yoshihiro is very supportive of his son's hobbies.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Schwarzwald posted:

My favorite thing about Yoshihiro is how Kira just absolutely does not give a gently caress about him.

typical only child

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Leaked clip of yoshihiro from a few eps from now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxHV8fVzgoM

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I think it's funny that, iirc we never actually see how the gently caress Yoshihiro finds Kira. Yoshihiro just offhandedly mentions while looking for dudes to stab that he's managed to link up with him... somehow.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I love that the only interaction we see between them is Yoshihiro flying in after Hayato is dead and yelling "yo man, they're on ONTO YOU, you need to LEA.....DID YOU MURDER THIS CHILD??? YOU ALWAYS WERE AN ANXIOUS BOY, YOSHIKAGE" and then Kira shaking his photo dad violently for being an idiot and then Kira gets stabbed

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
yoshihiro probably did that poo poo all the time when kira was growing up, so embarassing

on his first date, "oh, my poor son has developed an erection! this has always happened to my boy whenever he becomes aroused, i can only imagine the kind of elation you could be experiencing right now"

luckily it was with reimi's hand, who was unable to hear

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

New jojolion is up

https://hiwamatanoboru.com/2016/09/16/jojolion-57-version-2-and-jojolion-58/

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

Joshuu is the worst

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

I love how flashback DIO is still giant and buff, I hope if part 6 gets animated they do that. Just DIO and Pucci suddenly ripped as hell in the past

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
the ups and downs of the higashikata family continue

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Joshuu what was even the point of that