Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

how much, op?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
march the fourth be with you

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I'm getting the Majora's Mask one. It's so cute!

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

and wiith your spirit

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Sam Faust posted:

So... what's in the memory card?

All the NX info you want to hear.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.
a gamecube is the one nintendo system i don't own.

i have an nes, snes, n64, and a wii u.

and i installed nintendont on my wii u

whoops

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Instant Sunrise posted:

????

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

but i have nintendont on my wii u so i can still play gamecube games with nice picture quality.

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!
***DEVASTATINGLY HANDSOME***

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

So the supposed release date is march 4th, and we know this cause of a leak about an amiibo that is supposed to launch with a game that is supposed to launch with the nx.

Yup, sounds right.

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

Instant Sunrise posted:

and i installed nintendont on my wii u

whoops

game boy, game boy pocket, game boy color, virtual boy, game boy advance, ds, 3ds?

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

Manslaughter posted:

game boy, game boy pocket, game boy color, virtual boy, game boy advance, ds, 3ds?

i have a 3ds (and thus a ds)

i have a gameboy pocket somewhere as well.

when i made that post, i was only thinking of the home consoles and not the portables.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Put a donx on it

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

Instant Sunrise posted:

but i have nintendont on my wii u so i can still play gamecube games with nice picture quality.

you can still load isos on a gamecube using some weird network adapter hack, and you should because the market prices interested consumers out right now as absurdly badly as the snes market.
want a copy of smash melee or earthbound ? enjoy paying twice what the console cost

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

I remember scoffing at paying $40 for Chrono Trigger in 2005

Little did I know

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
Cross-posting from the Steam thread, the NX is a Steam Machine

http://store.steampowered.com/app/517030/?snr=1_7_7_230_150_2

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

zolthorg posted:

you can still load isos on a gamecube using some weird network adapter hack, and you should because the market prices interested consumers out right now as absurdly badly as the snes market.
want a copy of smash melee or earthbound ? enjoy paying twice what the console cost

yeah but if i wanted to use a real gamecube i'd have to pay way too much for component cables or else use a really ugly looking HDMI hack (assuming i got a gamecube with a digital out port)

nintendont on a wii u is the same as playing on a real gamecube except no game boy player and you can use the Wii U's HDMI out.

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

Instant Sunrise posted:

yeah but if i wanted to use a real gamecube i'd have to pay way too much for component cables or else use a really ugly looking HDMI hack (assuming i got a gamecube with a digital out port)

nintendont on a wii u is the same as playing on a real gamecube except no game boy player and you can use the Wii U's HDMI out.

i have nintendont on my wii u, i meant for the guy who just bought a gamecube.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I'm getting the Majora's Mask one. It's so cute!

Really awesome figure. The LBW figure also rules.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Mercury Crusader posted:

Cross-posting from the Steam thread, the NX is a Steam Machine

http://store.steampowered.com/app/517030/?snr=1_7_7_230_150_2

cinedigm is the company with the godawful motto "Cinedigm. A new paradigm in cinema" which i hate

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
If the date has been leaked, doesn't that mean Nintendo has to announce it soon?

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Guy Goodbody posted:

If the date has been leaked, doesn't that mean Nintendo has to announce it soon?

Why does it mean they have to announce it soon? Like, they are forced to?

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Maybe the date that was leaked is the date of the announcement haha.

Some people said the current entrails point to the announcement being on the 20th, though that's really unlikely.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

a.lo posted:

Why does it mean they have to announce it soon? Like, they are forced to?

If the info starts leaking out, they'd want to announce it so they can choose how the information is first presented

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
They have to take an announcement, a ton of promotional materials, websites, images, and have them have consistent and clear information in seven languages nearly simultaneously with a media strategy worldwide. It's not something you move up on a whim.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Guy Goodbody posted:

If the info starts leaking out, they'd want to announce it so they can choose how the information is first presented

See you in October I suppose?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Guy Goodbody posted:

just went through 6 months of sony lettng everyone discuss their plans in full detail with no comment since gdc. nintendo might want to outdo that just to prove they can.

mancalamania
Oct 23, 2008
The best NX desperation is the kind that acts like its doing Nintendo a favor by giving it some valuable business advice. It's not that internet nerds are impatient, they are just warning Nintendo of the grave monetary consequences of not revealing their children's video game system within the next 48 hours.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

its the same people that think nintendo gives a poo poo about competing against other platform holders in tech

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
she got a donx.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Guy Goodbody posted:

starts leaking out? at this point so much "info" has leaked out that if any REAL information got leaked, we wouldn't be able to tell!

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

The save data is as follows

Star Fox Adventures
Catwoman TM
BAtman Begins
Legends of Wrestling 2
Smuggler's Run Warzones
Spnic Mega Collection
Mario Sunshine

It doesn't have wifi but it got the date correct and is only 13 minutes off the correct time, what the gently caress.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

that means the gamecube was approaching light speed, or a supermassive object

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Jumpingmanjim posted:

she got a donx.

a badonkadonx

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
i have applied oracle bones and geomancy to determine that the nx announcement will coincide with the next arrival of halley's comet, an auspicious sign for super mario galaxy 3

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Raserys posted:

i have applied oracle bones and geomancy to determine that the nx announcement will coincide with the next arrival of halley's comet, an auspicious sign for super mario galaxy 3

Thats in like 40years though

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

TheScott2K posted:

Good luck finding the disc it needs for a non-ridiculous price.

I have one because someone stole my GCN (with GBA player attached) but none of the games.

Chaltab
Feb 16, 2011

So shocked someone got me an avatar!

EmmyOk posted:

It doesn't have wifi but it got the date correct and is only 13 minutes off the correct time, what the gently caress.
Maybe it previously belonged to an obsessive recluse that actually replaced the clock battery.

Edit; I mean who else would have actually bought that awful Catwoman: The Movie game.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Chaltab posted:

Maybe it previously belonged to an obsessive recluse that actually replaced the clock battery.

Edit; I mean who else would have actually bought that awful Catwoman: The Movie game.

Someone who liked Catwoman the movie starring Halle Berry.

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!
***DEVASTATINGLY HANDSOME***

Jumpingmanjim posted:

Someone who liked Catwoman the movie starring Halle Berry.

like.... Halle Berry??

Quick! Check it for discarded oscars!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Jumpingmanjim posted:

Thats in like 40years though

you got a problem, take it up with the bones

• Locked thread