Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

LmaoTheKid posted:

I haven't dropped Washington, so step back from the ledge a bit you surly bastard.

The fact that it was even a question posed in this thread is what's got me all frothed up.

That we've allowed you to believe he has any value means that we have failed (as usual) as a thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Bellmaker posted:

No way in hell, especially when he's playing DEN this week.

Are you starting a flan at RB?

I wouldn't be starting either of them this week. Both of my starting RBs are on bye the same week and I'm trying to sure up backups.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

BigFactory posted:

I wouldn't be starting either of them this week. Both of my starting RBs are on bye the same week and I'm trying to sure up backups.

1) don't trade a wr2 for a player you won't start.

2) don't worry about bye weeks until it is actually the bye week. I guarantee at least 1 viable player will be on the waiver wire that week.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Forever_Peace posted:

Woah some crazy facts in the Barnwell pod this week:

Dak's actual name is Rayne Dakota Prescott.

That is a rad as hell name.

He will become the best quarterback in the league.

RCarr posted:

Actually, unless you are a Mortal Kombat character, or a goofy actor, it's a pretty lovely name.

Or a professional quarterback in the National Football League.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.

BigFactory posted:

Counterpoint to Papes, Gore is a serviceable RB2 with a decent floor, whereas DJax is going to be a dart throw WR1 to WR3 every week who leans more towards the WR3 end of the spectrum if Cousins continues to regress. I think that's an even trade in a vacuum, and it's mostly up to you to decide if the makeup of your team would be better off with Gore than DJax.

I agree with Papes that if the sole reason you're going to make this trade is for bye week considerations, that's a bad reason.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

If you were WR needy who would you aim to trade Gordon for in half PPR?

I have DJ, Forte, Gordon, Crowell, and Matt Jones. WR is Dez, Cobb, Diggs, Fuller, and Tyrell Williams. Start 2RB and 3WR with a flex so I am definitely hurting there.

Anyone?

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
I'd shoot for Snead, I think he's the real deal and still being undervalued.

Other dudes: Shepard, Mo Sanu, Marvin Jones

It may be risky, but you could also wait til next week in the hopes that he looks good against the Jags. You might be able to snag Fitzgerald or someone in that tier.

Mikey Purp fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Sep 16, 2016

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

Papes posted:

It won't last because I'm in 2nd despite putting cj Anderson on the bench.

Oh it's on Papes!

Good Work You Get An HIV
Feb 22, 2016

Heads up for Ware owners. Chiefs starting OGs are out for week 2. Gonna downgrade his ceiling a bit

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!
Hahahaha the Bills are already in panic mode.

Rotoworld posted:

The Sporting News' Alex Marvez reports the Bills' front office forced coach Rex Ryan to fire OC Greg Roman as a "sacrificial lamb" following Thursday night's embarrassing home loss to the Jets.
Per Marvez, the front office "leaned on" Rex to make a "significant change" in hopes of "appeasing a disgruntled fan base." Ryan couldn't fire himself -- and certainly wouldn't fire his brother Rob -- so he fired Roman, who took the Bills' offense from No. 26 in offensive DVOA in 2014 to No. 9 in 2015, and scored 24 points Thursday night against a tough Jets defense. Meanwhile, Rex's defense finished No. 24 in DVOA in 2015 after ranking No. 2 under Jim Schwartz in 2014, and coughed up 37 points at home to the Jets. Marvez also confirms Rex himself "is feeling the heat" following an 0-2 start. The Bills are set up to start 0-4 with the Cardinals and Patriots next on the schedule.

Bills promoted Anthony Lynn to offensive coordinator.
Lynn is a Rex Ryan guy from New York, where he previously coached running backs for the Jets. His old title with Buffalo was assistant head coach/running backs. The Bills needed someone to blame for Rex's inability to stop offenses, so they fired Greg Roman and gave Lynn -- Rex's longtime buddy -- his job. All of these guys are going to get fired after the season, if not before it ends.
Greg Roman was the only capable coach on this staff and one of the run-heaviest OCs in the league and he just got replaced with Rex's buddy who has never led an offense before. I'd be looking to sell whatever shares of the Bills offense you have for as much as you can get at this point. This is going to be a trainwreck of a team and Rex and his people will wind up without jobs before season's end.

Felter Chesthard
Sep 11, 2001
Full PPR. Bell owner gives Maclin and Woodhead for Allen Robinson and Deangelo Williams. Only get Williams for week 3 and going forward but seems pretty fair? Start 2 RB 2 WR and 2 WRT.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

Tiptoes posted:

add gillislee

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

Felter Chesthard posted:

Full PPR. Bell owner gives Maclin and Woodhead for Allen Robinson and Deangelo Williams. Only get Williams for week 3 and going forward but seems pretty fair? Start 2 RB 2 WR and 2 WRT.
That is an AMAZING deal for the Bell owner.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Tiptoes posted:

That is an AMAZING deal for the Bell owner.

Not sure I'd say amazing, but at least good. There's a non-negligible chance Woodhead repeats as an RB1.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

RVProfootballer posted:

Not sure I'd say amazing, but at least good. There's a non-negligible chance Woodhead repeats as an RB1.
So what? If you have a Bell/D-Will combo, you have basically the best RB1 spot in your league. AND you get A-Rob? Seems like a no brainer to me.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Tiptoes posted:

So what? If you have a Bell/D-Will combo, you have basically the best RB1 spot in your league. AND you get A-Rob? Seems like a no brainer to me.

But he's not the Bell owner, so it's not a no brainer for him.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

I was under the impression he was the one getting Williams/A-Rob in that exchange. Mentioned getting Williams for week 3 and beyond.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Felter Chesthard posted:

Seems like locking up a top 5 RB and a top 10 WR while only paying an RB2 and WR2.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Not a good trade. A very bad trade.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Tiptoes posted:

I'm confused by this reasoning. He already has Bell, he'll have the best RB1 starting week 4 anyway. And if he keeps Woodhead, he could be rolling out a top 3 and maybe top 10 RB. He's paying for two weeks of an upgrade from Woodhead to DWill, then taking the hit of ~10 weeks of downgrade from Woodhead to a handcuff. But Maclin to Robinson is a really nice upgrade, so it's still a good but not amazing deal.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Tiptoes posted:

Greg Roman was the only capable coach on this staff and one of the run-heaviest OCs in the league and he just got replaced with Rex's buddy who has never led an offense before. I'd be looking to sell whatever shares of the Bills offense you have for as much as you can get at this point. This is going to be a trainwreck of a team and Rex and his people will wind up without jobs before season's end.

https://twitter.com/PFTCommenter/status/776843702664921088

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

:drat:

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

RVProfootballer posted:

I'm confused by this reasoning. He already has Bell, he'll have the best RB1 starting week 4 anyway. And if he keeps Woodhead, he could be rolling out a top 3 and maybe top 10 RB. He's paying for two weeks of an upgrade from Woodhead to DWill, then taking the hit of ~10 weeks of downgrade from Woodhead to a handcuff. But Maclin to Robinson is a really nice upgrade, so it's still a good but not amazing deal.
Why are you confused by my reasoning? Bell has gotten injured in every season and DeAngelo Williams won championships for people last year with his production down the stretch. I know goons hate handcuffs but the insurance Williams provides is huge. I only have Bell/D-Will in one league but I will never have to worry about my RB1 spot until the Pittsburgh bye. No matter who starts for that team, you are getting elite weekly production.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
I'm currently starting Stafford. I accidentally drafted Carson Palmer and he's on the bench. Should I drop Carson Palmer for Vincent Jackson who is on the FA list. This is an 8 team .5 ppr league.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Tree Dude posted:

I'm currently starting Stafford. I accidentally drafted Carson Palmer and he's on the bench. Should I drop Carson Palmer for Vincent Jackson who is on the FA list. This is an 8 team .5 ppr league.

Are you actually hurting at WR? Palmer will be fine with 2 good mouths to feed and a solid RB.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Tree Dude posted:

Don't pick up Vjax in an 8 team league.

Who else is available on the wire?

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Are you actually hurting at WR? Palmer will be fine with 2 good mouths to feed and a solid RB.

WRs: Hopkins, Jordy, Jarvis Landry, Eric Decker, Emmanuel Sanders RBs: Peterson, Forte, DeMarco Murray, Charles, Gio Bernard (drop candidate?), Rashad Jennings

VietCampo posted:

Don't pick up Vjax in an 8 team league.

Who else is available on the wire?

I mostly just hate having 2 QBs even in my 10 team+ leagues.

Available: Enunwa, Marquise Goodwin (both hurt?). Greg Salas, Eli Rogers, Eddie Royal, Agholor, Brandon LaFell (should I get LaFell?)

Tree Dude fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Sep 16, 2016

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Tree Dude posted:

WRs: Hopkins, Jordy, Jarvis Landry, Eric Decker, Emmanuel Sanders RBs: Peterson, Forte, DeMarco Murray, Charles, Gio Bernard (drop candidate?), Rashad Jennings

You wouldn't start Vincent Jackson unless you have to start 6 WR's or 3 of yours dies. I'd just stand pat where you are.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Tree Dude posted:

Vincent Jackson shouldn't be owned in 18 team leagues with deep benches let alone an 8 team league.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Tiptoes posted:

Why are you confused by my reasoning? Bell has gotten injured in every season and DeAngelo Williams won championships for people last year with his production down the stretch. I know goons hate handcuffs but the insurance Williams provides is huge. I only have Bell/D-Will in one league but I will never have to worry about my RB1 spot until the Pittsburgh bye. No matter who starts for that team, you are getting elite weekly production.

Unless you can only start 1 RB (and really, even then, though I think then "locking down the Steelers RB" is worth more), Woodhead is worth considerably more than DWill. Bell + Woodhead + Maclin is going to outscore Bell + waiver RB + Robinson, nevermind that DWill is eating up a bench spot. Since the latter scenario probably will have something better than a waiver RB to start alongside Bell, it'll probably end up scoring more, at the expense of worse depth in swapping Woodhead for DWill, but it's not some mash autoaccept trade. I'm not even sure I like it that much anymore after thinking it through more, haha. I'd need to think harder about how big the ARob to Maclin gap will be this year.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Anyone else notice all the shade Rotoworld has throw at LA today? It's deserved but god drat it's been a lot.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Tree Dude posted:

I mostly just hate having 2 QBs even in my 10 team+ leagues.

Sit on Palmer you don't need some target 3 on a run first team. Gio is not a drop candidate the man is PPR goodness. You're good don't drop or trade anything.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Who are realistic RB targets for Marvin Jones or Golden Tate in a 14 team league?

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
I know you're not supposed to think about Bye weeks until that week, but I realized my backup QB (Fitzpatrick) is playing Seattle on Week 4, which is when my starting QB (Rodgers) takes his BYE. I realized that Ostweiler is playing the Titans during that week so I dropped Fitz for Brock in order to make sure I had him come week 4. After last night, I think I may have made a mistake. Did I make a mistake?

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Vargo posted:

I know you're not supposed to think about Bye weeks until that week, but I realized my backup QB (Fitzpatrick) is playing Seattle on Week 4, which is when my starting QB (Rodgers) takes his BYE. I realized that Ostweiler is playing the Titans during that week so I dropped Fitz for Brock in order to make sure I had him come week 4. After last night, I think I may have made a mistake. Did I make a mistake?

I would have shopped fitz, who is white hot, around for another QB first. Perhaps you did this?

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Silly Burrito posted:

Who are realistic RB targets for Marvin Jones or Golden Tate in a 14 team league?

Right now? RB3s: Gore, henry, (if its not ppr) woodhead), etc. It's week 2, rbs are still in short supply and wrs are still abundant... a lot of owners think the shift from rb to wr at the top has erroneously affected this bottom line. Without knowing your settings or roster, I'd say wait until jones/tate has the inevitable great game and then shop them.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

Drunk Nerds posted:

I would have shopped fitz, who is white hot, around for another QB first. Perhaps you did this?

Nobody in my league likes to trade until at least week 3, and I wouldn't be surprised if by then someone had grabbed Brock or another good streamer just to gently caress with me by then.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Vargo posted:

Nobody in my league likes to trade until at least week 3, and I wouldn't be surprised if by then someone had grabbed Brock or another good streamer just to gently caress with me by then.

I understand your apprehension, then. It's hard to pass on a QB2 when you know he's going to get snatched up. I still would have risked it, since Fitz is. for all intents and purposes, in week 3, and you don't need a qb backup until week 4... If only to keep fitz off the market. But hey, Osweiler's been looking good too, and has a better core... so I don't hate the move... I would consider it like maybe 35% of optimal, which still gives you room to succeed. In other words, it's not what I would've done, but I don't hate the move.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Drunk Nerds posted:

Right now? RB3s: Gore, henry, (if its not ppr) woodhead), etc. It's week 2, rbs are still in short supply and wrs are still abundant... a lot of owners think the shift from rb to wr at the top has erroneously affected this bottom line. Without knowing your settings or roster, I'd say wait until jones/tate has the inevitable great game and then shop them.

Thanks. Hurns and Henry are on my waiver wire and I'm flipping between who to try to pick up when they clear on Sunday. Thought Hurns but might lean towards Henry for the long term gain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

If you were WR needy who would you aim to trade Gordon for in half PPR?

I have DJ, Forte, Gordon, Crowell, and Matt Jones. WR is Dez, Cobb, Diggs, Fuller, and Tyrell Williams. Start 2RB and 3WR with a flex so I am definitely hurting there.

I think Melvin Gordon for a low WR1 / high WR2 is fair. Someone like Cooper, DT, Baldwin, Tate, Landry, Maclin, Edelman.

• Locked thread