Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

loquacius posted:

It seemed inherently nonsensical to me because optical mice don't have a trackball at all but I guess an optical trackball has the ball AND the lasers. Modern technology!

I was thinking more like a boil or like a huge blister but yeah same general idea

the trackball must have a ball to track, but the tracking is now done optically instead of with rollers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

Germstore posted:

The audience is the same audience trackballs have always had. Of course they are optical now.

Trackball people are loving weird

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

I used a trackball for years with a tiny rear end laptop desk because of limited space.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I feel like there is some potential for some sort of joke about "jacking Off" here, anyone have any ideas? wanna workshop this one with me?

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Germstore posted:

the trackball must have a ball to track, but the tracking is now done optically instead of with rollers.

They still need the rollers to physically hold the ball, but now there's a vision system as well, hah

Genderfluent
Jul 15, 2015

ConstantDelays posted:

Same but 2 buttons, ideally a scroll-wheel, and I don't care who made it.
Somehow Apple can't even meet that standard.

The apple mouse uses gestures, which actually gives you more control over what the mouse does buddy.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Something like "they are taking the headphone JACK OFF(!) of the phone" I don't know just trying to get the ball rolling here

Novo
May 13, 2003

Stercorem pro cerebro habes
Soiled Meat

Nooner posted:

I feel like there is some potential for some sort of joke about "jacking Off" here, anyone have any ideas? wanna workshop this one with me?

someone already referred to this as "jack-off gate", I think we should try to make it stick

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Nooner posted:

Something like "they are taking the headphone JACK OFF(!) of the phone" I don't know just trying to get the ball rolling here

Apple engineers are jacking off over haptic feedback!!!

ConstantDelays
Jan 1, 2013

Nooner posted:

How about 'whoever made the decision to remove the headphone jack must be a real JACK OFF'?

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Nick Cage: "I wanna take its jack...off!"

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

shouldn't it be a headphone jill? it's female after all

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Maybe it should be Headphone Jane Doe since she's missing.

a bone to pick fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Sep 16, 2016

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
Trackballs are great if your keyboard doesn't have a Trackpoint

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

blugu64 posted:

I think this guy is just a big fan of BALLS in general :grin:

personable decorum
Sep 7, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Nooner posted:

I prefer nutz, but tbh everyone needs a social worker appointment once in awhile

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
them apple boiz are all gonna go blind what with all this jacking off!!

personable decorum
Sep 7, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
it sucks when u just turn off and tune out eh people call u a robocop ;f

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

blugu64 posted:

Nooner posted:

Clitmouse best mouse

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:
Serious talk, trackballs are great for people who have trouble moving their shoulder/elbow/wrist or any combination thereof.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Mithaldu posted:

Serious talk, trackballs are great for people who have trouble moving their shoulder/elbow/wrist or any combination thereof.

Yeah, I've known a few people over the years who swore by them.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
I have a trackball for the living room computer because lol at a mouse on the couch. It works well enough considering the context.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
whats wrong with a mouse on the couch

thoughts and prayers
Apr 22, 2013

Love heals all wounds. We hope you continually carry love in your heart. Today and always, may loving memories bring you peace, comfort, and strength. We sympathize with the family of (Name). We shall never forget you in our prayers and thoughts. I am at a loss for words during this sorrowful time.

loquacius posted:

Apple could literally tell its fans they have to eat poo poo if they want a new iPhone, and they'd all be on the Internet the next day talking about how really poo poo doesn't taste that bad (have you tried it??? that's what I thought!!!), and it's not a big deal because you just swallow it in one go without chewing and then it's over and you have an awesome new iPhone, and everyone needs to stop being a drama queen about it already, etc etc etc

Yeah, no

It's one of the to 10 most valuable companies in the world, a HUGE number of people use Apple products across all ages, social strata, education levels, technical savviness, etcetera. There is no such thing as an 'Apple Fan' because you can find anyone in their user base.

You are really an idiot child that needs to make up wild stories about people that don't exist to massage your tenderhole, that's great, a literally tiny difference in a computer product is enough to make such wild value judgments, etcetera.

Do yourself a favor and read up on 'the narcissism of small differences' and grok what it means while you can, because if you really still believed all this poo poo after, say, age 28 when your brain actually fully forms, then that would be incredibly sad.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

a happy snowman posted:

Yeah, no

It's one of the to 10 most valuable companies in the world, a HUGE number of people use Apple products across all ages, social strata, education levels, technical savviness, etcetera. There is no such thing as an 'Apple Fan' because you can find anyone in their user base.

You are really an idiot child that needs to make up wild stories about people that don't exist to massage your tenderhole, that's great, a literally tiny difference in a computer product is enough to make such wild value judgments, etcetera.

Do yourself a favor and read up on 'the narcissism of small differences' and grok what it means while you can, because if you really still believed all this poo poo after, say, age 28 when your brain actually fully forms, then that would be incredibly sad.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

XMNN posted:

whats wrong with a mouse on the couch

My dick is so huge that I don't have to room to mouse it up obv

a happy snowman posted:

Yeah, no

Source your quotes otherwise I'm going to source this one but say it's from "a nice meltdown"

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

a happy snowman posted:

Yeah, no

lmao

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

a happy snowman posted:

Yeah, no

lmfao

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

a happy snowman posted:

Yeah, no

keep going im cumming

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
the narcissism of happy snowmans

Nic Cage dick cage
Jun 23, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

a happy snowman posted:

Yeah, no

You are that upset guy with the hair and sunglasses and hand over mouth from the picture aren't you? Yes.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

a happy snowman posted:

Yeah, no

How was the line up today

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

a happy snowman posted:

Yeah, no

bwahahahahahaha

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

a happy snowman posted:

Yeah, no

Yo calm down

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
grok

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
all i know is i wouldnt be caught dead texting a hot babe with green speech bubbles 😵

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

a happy snowman posted:

Yeah, no

Haha loving quoting this

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

thathonkey posted:

all i know is i wouldnt be caught dead texting a hot babe with green speech bubbles 😵

Green text bubbles mean it was sent from something other than an iPhone, right?

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Green text bubbles mean it was sent from something other than an iPhone, right?

yeah aka by a poor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

thathonkey posted:

yeah aka by a poor

genius

• Locked thread