Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cigstomper58
Aug 17, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Whew. I showed those goons what for on the SC subreddit. Now time for a little "personal relaxation". Is it gonna be docking manga today or am I gonna continue my sounding experiments. Damnit I wish I can remember that trap manga I read last week. Let me fire up the delicious trap subreddit and see if the boys there can help me out.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Truga posted:

Also, the game owned.

Will you be my goonentine?

Jimeth
Apr 14, 2016

Lackadaisical Phraseologist
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiJ9fy1qSFI

Jason Arnold confirmed chris roberts alt

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Hi I'm just checking in as to the progress of this dead game. Apparently they're giving out keys for it with graphics cards now? My partner's friend just gifted them one and they said something about a singleplayer module coming out "in a few weeks"???? This thread is huge.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

You partner's friend is huffing pyrite because it was out in a few weeks two years ago.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

Lady Naga posted:

Hi I'm just checking in as to the progress of this dead game. Apparently they're giving out keys for it with graphics cards now? My partner's friend just gifted them one and they said something about a singleplayer module coming out "in a few weeks"???? This thread is huge.

Oh really? I think that's the first we've heard of them giving out keys with graphics cards. I wonder who covered the cost of that?

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Ghostlight posted:

You partner's friend is huffing pyrite because it was out in a few weeks two years ago.

i mean fair enough this whole sitch is just a headache.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

AlmightyPants posted:

Oh really? I think that's the first we've heard of them giving out keys with graphics cards. I wonder who covered the cost of that?

They have an AMD pixel ship in the game though?

I'm sure it has something to do with that

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Cigstomper58 posted:

Whew. I showed those goons what for on the SC subreddit. Now time for a little "personal relaxation". Is it gonna be docking manga today or am I gonna continue my sounding experiments. Damnit I wish I can remember that trap manga I read last week. Let me fire up the delicious trap subreddit and see if the boys there can help me out.

Sounding rules. Nothing can go wrong.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
My partner is now claiming that our mutual friend Robin got like four or five keys for getting a new graphics card too so I think they're literally just throwing them at people in a desperate bid to upsell them on ships lol

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

This is their strategy to get new backers after free flight weekends/weeks bombed.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Details or I shoot Kayak.

gently caress you. I will shoot you first and feed you to some of Beet's sea cattes. Kayak is too good, too fine, to suffer for your weakness. At least let ONE good thing come out of this war, this endless war that is not Legman or Babyhitler.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Lady Naga posted:

My partner is now claiming that our mutual friend Robin got like four or five keys for getting a new graphics card too so I think they're literally just throwing them at people in a desperate bid to upsell them on ships lol

Were there various referral codes to sign up as well?

I can imagine some cultist @ Newegg shipping department stuffing cards into every graphics card box with the info.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Someone link the graph about how filthy publishers pilfer 75% of your money so that the game dev only gets 25% to make a game and how according to that graph it would be the equivalent of EA spending 500 million dollars to make a game.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

D_Smart posted:

man, I just watched that COD:IW compaign trailer again, and I'm sitting here thinking that whatever F42 shits out on Oct 9th, had better be handing out Mae Demming blow jobs with it.

Yeah....no. I have been single for a long time, but IF I had any money sunk in this shitshow, that wouldn't even BEGIN to save it.

At.

All.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Decrepus posted:

Someone link the graph about how filthy publishers pilfer 75% of your money so that the game dev only gets 25% to make a game and how according to that graph it would be the equivalent of EA spending 500 million dollars to make a game.

You are right. Has there been photographic evidence of CIG spending backer funds on frivolous items? Of course not.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Colostomy Bag posted:

Were there various referral codes to sign up as well?

I can imagine some cultist @ Newegg shipping department stuffing cards into every graphics card box with the info.

I assume it was a "one for you and a bunch for your friends" sitch, Robin is claiming the card is a r9 270x (lol AMD)

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

A Neurotic Jew posted:

I'm sorry that goons and D Schmort had your account nuked, weird mental issues guy.

The name is Schmort... Dookie Schmort.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Kakarot posted:

Stay away from Dual Universe, smells like a scam

Got a link too, or has it been nuked already?

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Lady Naga posted:

I assume it was a "one for you and a bunch for your friends" sitch, Robin is claiming the card is a r9 270x (lol AMD)

Interesting. Have a pic? Considering the AMD fallout and Intel Optane technology love seems weird.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/535d6z/final_reminder_florida_bar_citzen_tomorrow_15pm/

florida goons out there with time to kill?

2 DOLLAR PATCHES!!!!!11!!!

Jimeth
Apr 14, 2016

quote:

A small bicycle pump...

*exits tab*

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
http://i.imgur.com/eAMKc5q.gifv

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Like the comments. One of them from a fire department guy. Instills confidence.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's actually kind of impressive how it keeps its shape… of sorts.

Jimeth
Apr 14, 2016

When you need a pic that says more than a thousand words, there's alway GIFs.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Lol at madcatz fireselling saitek. Logitech at least makes pretty hardy equipment so heres hoping saitek stuff goes back up in quality instead of continuing to be dumpster levels

I would love to be able to use my Eclipse III with Windows 10...

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

orcinus posted:

Refaktorierung macht frei!

Too soon :colbert:

:lol:

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

orcinus posted:

What's a gathering of Bens called again?
A waddle?

A blunder. A blunder of Bens! Hide the Oreos!

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Lady Naga posted:

Yeah, I'm pretty sure those are left over from a promotion they were doing with AMD a couple years ago and they're just trying to get rid of them. CIG hosed over AMD and bailed on E3 earlier this year so I can't imagine AMD wanting anything to do with them now.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
this is me btw

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Regrettable posted:

Yeah, I'm pretty sure those are left over from a promotion they were doing with AMD a couple years ago and they're just trying to get rid of them. CIG hosed over AMD and bailed on E3 earlier this year so I can't imagine AMD wanting anything to do with them now.

this is amazing

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Well, poo poo, here comes the blood...

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Colostomy Bag posted:

Interesting. Have a pic? Considering the AMD fallout and Intel Optane technology love seems weird.

Also no sorry these are friends of friends on the internet I'd feel weird asking them for verifiable photographic evidence of their star citizen promo cards they probably threw away.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

lol

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

kikkelivelho posted:

No one is putting their final lunch moneys into Star Citizen. Do you really think people are that stupid? It's pretty cynical to think that people are ruining their lives because they invested in Star Citizen. Nor do I think it's prudent to judge how people spent their extra wealth. I've seen people spent ungodly amounts on hifi systems and expensive cars that imo added nothing to their lives, but I didn't judge them. It's incredibly pessimistic and apathetic to say that the games we've had so far are good enough because you're afraid of taking a small risk. I'd understand your concerns if the game had like 10 backers but it doesn't, there are a MILLION citizens right now and the money keeps coming in. As far as crowdfunded projects go this is probably the safest. You have well known, skilled leads, a top tier team and a AAA class budget. Thinking that this is an incredibly risky proposition makes you look like a conspiracy theorist.

First off, I remember people (well, Reditors, but same thing, amirite?) mentioning seriously restricting their diets (aka nothing but ramen for extended periods) due to impulse spending on SC.

And you have a "skilled lead" well known for not completing projects on time without any sort of management oversight due to an inability to restrict feature creep and avoid extreme micromanagement.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

Samizdata posted:

First off, I remember people (well, Reditors, but same thing, amirite?)

Doubtful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

Tippis posted:

Got a link too, or has it been nuked already?

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/533axj/dual_universe_response_to_chris_note/

• Locked thread