Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

kid sinister posted:

So if you're dropping a deuce and the roll is out, you either gotta waddle with your pants around your ankles outside the bathroom to get another roll if nobody's home, or waddle to the door and unlock it to beg someone to bring you one?
You're in a wet room; use the shower.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

kid sinister posted:

So if you're dropping a deuce and the roll is out, you either gotta waddle with your pants around your ankles outside the bathroom to get another roll if nobody's home, or waddle to the door and unlock it to beg someone to bring you one?

If you've got a wet room, why are you not installing a bidet instead of living like a savage.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
lol if you don’t have a manservant named “Enirque” to bring you TP.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Just lol if your lights aren't controlled by touchfree capacitive sensor relays

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Just smash the poop down the drain

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
I genuinely enjoy how easy it is to set this thread off on a random topic.

Switches have been outside the bathroom in every place we've stayed, from new hotels to old apartments. We're in the Dales now and traveling companions wanted 'folksy' so we picked a sufficiently quaint town and got a B&B. Beams and plaster, 6 1/2ft ceilings, and the switch outside the bathroom.

Don't wetrooms still have walls/curtains to contain the shower spray? How is your toilet paper going to be affected by anything more severe than muggy air?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

there wolf posted:

Don't wetrooms still have walls/curtains to contain the shower spray? How is your toilet paper going to be affected by anything more severe than muggy air?

Not always, no.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Every time you go to the bathroom in a wet room you need to get nude. Lay over the drain to poo poo or piss, then roll over and let the shower clean you off.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

When you want to be like the goon who pissed through a knothole in his floor, but more civilized.

c0ldfuse
Jun 18, 2004

The pursuit of excellence.

My Lovely Horse posted:

When you want to be like the goon who pissed through a knothole in his floor, but more civilized.

At least we know it won't mold.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Re: scrubbing grout; a steam cleaner cost me 35€ and I haven't scrubbed since. (Or before, because I bought it when I moved in here.)

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I don't know why but that steam vac looks like it was made for children

Magnus Praeda
Jul 18, 2003
The largess in the land.

moist turtleneck posted:

It's the injection-molded plastic in very saturated colors. I just bought a new drill and impact driver and they look like they were designed by LEGO.

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

I use waterproof TP in my wet bathroom

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

moist turtleneck posted:

It's because it's missing one extension bit in the pic. Very customisable. The clear bit on the front is just a place to keep all the nozzles and stuff.

e: Oh and it's not a vac. It's just a low-pressure steam cleaner.

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!

kid sinister posted:

I think the idea is that you grab the TP from the cabinet on the way in, and put it back on the way out. Or if you're lazy or have a condition that doesn't give you time to stop on the way in, just keep it in a waterproof ammo can on the floor beside the toilet.

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

moist turtleneck posted:

On first read, I parsed this as meaning "made to be used on children," like you were some kind of cartoon villain maliciously cleaning cartoon schoolkids.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Platystemon posted:

Not always, no.

Then I have a revolutionary idea...

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

kid sinister posted:

Or you replace the roll before it's completely out so you never have the problem. :)

And I don't know how the rest of you do it, if you're shaking off like a dog or doing interpretive dance in the shower or something. If you shower normally you're really not getting a lot of water in the rest of the room even without a curtain.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Collateral Damage posted:

Or you replace the roll before it's completely out so you never have the problem. :)

And I don't know how the rest of you do it, if you're shaking off like a dog or doing interpretive dance in the shower or something. If you shower normally you're really not getting a lot of water in the rest of the room even without a curtain.

Unless you are very large of course. Or the room very small.

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

This isn't crappy construction, but it sure is...something.
http://www.houseviewonline.com/Real-Estate-Listing.php?ID=28502

The Statue of Liberty in the front yard makes it special.

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007

Youth Decay posted:

Burglar bars on the outside is bad enough, but on the inside as well. . . :drat:

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Youth Decay posted:

This whole things just reeks of "Southern Brothel circa 1850"

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

What's going on with the floors in the bedrooms? Did they varnish the wood with the rug in place or something?

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
hello i am touch typing now because i havr gone blinds from that wallpaper and carpeting. i am cursed to have them bruned int my eyes

google.com search blindness curs

google why pls talk to me

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
No wonder this map takes so long to load; look how many textures it has.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007
I feel like there should be a psychic little kid pedaling around it while his dad chops doors down.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

Youth Decay posted:

Made me think of Bates Manor. This part especially...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsgDP31v2LE

kizudarake posted:

I feel like there should be a psychic little kid pedaling around it while his dad chops doors down.
The Overlook Hotel would actually fit in this thread. The architecture of the place is spatially impossible. There are doors that go nowhere and windows that couldn't possibly exist. And of course there's no way the elevator is up to code...

deoju fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Sep 17, 2016

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Youth Decay posted:

Oh....Myyy.

Dr. Klas
Sep 30, 2005
Operating.....done!

Wallpapers. On. The. Ceilings.

nmfree
Aug 15, 2001

The Greater Goon: Breaking Hearts and Chains since 2006

Sagebrush posted:

What's going on with the floors in the bedrooms? Did they varnish the wood with the rug in place or something?
It was common in older homes to save money by only finishing the outer few feet of flooring around the perimeter of rooms like the living room or dining room, since there would be a rug covering the center of the room anyway.

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

deoju posted:

Made me think of Bates Manor. This part especially...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsgDP31v2LE

The Overlook Hotel would actually fit in this thread. The architecture of the place is spatially impossible. There are doors that go nowhere and windows that couldn't possibly exist. And of course there's no way the elevator is up to code...

WARNING: BLOOD MAY FLOW AT ANY TIME; KEEP CLEAR.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

I'm into that bubble gum ceiling fan.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I'm pretty sure Ironton is known for lead production so this is just what happens to people's brains. Do as the Romans do, just gently caress my house up fam

Purple Gromit
Mar 28, 2010
When staging a house it's important to leave the Nazi helmet on the fireplace.

Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

-MOST AMMUNITION EXPENDED ON CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT
-WORST KDR VS CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT

Purple Gromit posted:

When staging a house it's important to leave the Nazi helmet on the fireplace.

:eyepop:

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

Dr. Klas posted:

Wallpapers. On. The. Ceilings.

Wallpaper on the pipes too.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Wolfsbane posted:

Wallpaper on the pipes too.

Speaking of pipes, how to fix a leak,

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

nmfree posted:

It was common in older homes to save money by only finishing the outer few feet of flooring around the perimeter of rooms like the living room or dining room, since there would be a rug covering the center of the room anyway.

Also wider/rougher finish/cheaper boards (sometimes just pine). Although I've never seen one actually still unfinished in person. They are usually stained or at least clear coated so they don't look like a hot mess and you have a story to tell your guests about old houses and why it looks like that.

FYI, people love hardwood floors now but it was considered shamefully poor to not have as much carpets as possible everywhere back in the day. The person who owned my house before me came from this school of thought and had beige "cheap rental apartment carpet" in all the rooms, which was very nice of him as it protected the absolutely beautiful cherry floors beneath it which I now get to enjoy after little more than a day's work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Crappy construction: building on the Hayward Fault: