Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
general anime
Jan 8, 2013

by Lowtax
woah rivington seems pretty chill back in 2011 lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

general anime
Jan 8, 2013

by Lowtax
phreak was of course a dweeb back then too

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Calm posted:

Hope she's improved "a ton" as you say. I've turned off audio for games she cast in the past not because of her voice, but because her analysis was so completely wrong / focused on the unimportant parts of the game while missing big events or causes to the current state of the game. I'll remain cautiously disappointed in this news until she proves otherwise.

so does it bother you when literally all of the other casters (except monte and doa) are constantly wrong and focusing on the wrong stuff

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

rabidsquid posted:

so does it bother you when literally all of the other casters (except monte and doa) are constantly wrong and focusing on the wrong stuff

yeah listen to Riv or Pulse or Quikshot for five minutes.

Calm
Apr 7, 2006

rabidsquid posted:

Yes. I like Deficio because he is often correct, or has good insights. The rest are also bothersome to varying extents.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Froskurrin (auto corrected to Frisky Rein) is easily one of the best casters in all of league of legends and most definitely deserves a worlds invite. That people have specific targeted dislike of her is hard to base on her performance as a caster.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

rabidsquid posted:

i never got why everyone loves LS so much, i watched one of his coaching videos where he was hyper focused on micro that literally nobody in the world would be able to pull off, just hindsight of saying you need to be 1 pixel over here. that doesn't help anyone.

I don't really think he is a good caster but he definitely has some good in game knowledge and game sense. He is D1 in Korean server while being a full time caster which is pretty impressive. I would just have him analyze some of the games on the desk. Maybe his casting is good but I only watched the OGN lck commentary.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

Redmark posted:

imo Monte is being somewhat delusional with that second tweet. I cannot think of a single commentator that people truly tune in for across games (outside of maybe the fighting game community, which operates differently to esports). Like how many people followed Joe Miller and Deman that weren't already watching CS?

I dunno, there were posts in this thread saying they'd at least watch Overwatch because of Monte and Doa, and I wouldn't be surprised if Tastosis has a pretty solid following too. I wouldn't think there are many that have that cachet, but I suspect a few do.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Calm posted:

Hope she's improved "a ton" as you say. I've turned off audio for games she cast in the past not because of her voice, but because her analysis was so completely wrong / focused on the unimportant parts of the game while missing big events or causes to the current state of the game. I'll remain cautiously disappointed in this news until she proves otherwise.

Stop being sexist

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

http://esportsheaven.com/articles/view/5807

Lol Tryndamere elo boosting/account sharing in S2.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Ulio posted:

Yeah I don't really care but it's pretty loving funny, especially the email from Lyte.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Surrenders are cool and good and more teams should do them. I can get off just fine without seeing nexus turrets die.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Libertine posted:

Froskurrin (auto corrected to Frisky Rein) is easily one of the best casters in all of league of legends and most definitely deserves a worlds invite. That people have specific targeted dislike of her is hard to base on her performance as a caster.

Luna Was Here posted:

I can only remember frosk by the quote 'tristana's child bearing hips'

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

dicks assassin posted:

Surrenders are cool and good and more teams should do them. I can get off just fine without seeing nexus turrets die.

But then we wouldn't have got to see G2 lose to VIT after trying to destroy VIT's nexus twice and failing both times and then losing the game.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Ulio posted:

Yup someone I knew on Twitter had mentioned they were going to report on it ages ago but didn't have the balls to. I think someone DDoS'd the website though :v:

Beautiful

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Sep 16, 2016

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
riot has to be run by like reptiles or something, how do these people not understand basic human interactions? like hot drat

riot is the train wreck that just won't stop moving

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Do you think Ghostcrawler regrets going to Riot yet after all this PR chaos?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

are you kidding me? people arent blaming him for everything thanks to this. its probably the easiest his job has ever been

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

rabidsquid posted:

are you kidding me? people arent blaming him for everything thanks to this. its probably the easiest his job has ever been

Yeah, Tryndamere just became the easiest scapegoat for anything

stump collector
May 28, 2007
what did the site say?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

in 1992 tryndamere hosed a cat and put it up on rotten dot com

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011

Yuran M. Bazil posted:

Epicskillshot is streaming S1 Worlds and having never played or watched competitive back then it's pretty great. Doublelift is a support, I can only recognise about half the champs from thumbnails, and TheRainMan is playing Teemo for TSM.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqWLomZoKOk

"Carried by TheRainMan." :allears:

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Whoa, Rivington with brown hair.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Ulio posted:

Riot's ferocious self-owning is unsportsmanlike in its relentlessness and should warrant at least a two year competitive ban

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
Tfw ur ceo is a boosted animal

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Richard Lewis reporting that Riot refused to invite Monte to Worlds this year.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Richard Lewis reporting that Riot refused to invite Monte to Worlds this year.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
So Riot raised freelancer rates and then didn't invite Monte? Like literally went to the rest of ogn caster staff and was like 'come cast world's, we'll pay you real money this time!' except for Monte? I'd say I'm surprised at how petty Riot is, but I'm not anymore

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
I mean Monte kind of hates Riot's guts, I'm not surprised Riot wouldn't want him

It's the kind of thing that happens when both sides feel like they are completely in the right in a situation

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Dragongem posted:

I mean Monte kind of hates Riot's guts, I'm not surprised Riot wouldn't want him

Yeah I don't know that it's really "petty" to not invite to work for you someone who you have an extremely vocally negative relationship with.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
Montecristo is a goddamn baby

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Some ppl think its high school forever and no matter what they do they just get to stick around.... is monte one of those ppl? Well I don't know him. So I won't speculate.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

still not sure in what world getting pissed for not being offered a competitive wage is childish

oh wait this is america

general anime
Jan 8, 2013

by Lowtax

GreyPowerVan posted:

still not sure in what world getting pissed for not being offered a competitive wage is childish

oh wait this is america

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA

Luna Was Here posted:

So Riot raised freelancer rates and then didn't invite Monte? Like literally went to the rest of ogn caster staff and was like 'come cast world's, we'll pay you real money this time!' except for Monte? I'd say I'm surprised at how petty Riot is, but I'm not anymore

Hmm yes let me invite this guy to my party that has been making GBS threads on me for months to anyone that will listen. That seems like a normal and reasonable thing that I, a normal human, would do.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

https://twitter.com/MonteCristo/status/777034271005573120

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
Someone please shove this man into a locker.

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

This one's for you, Morph.
-Evo 2013
I like how Regi probably had a weaker case than Monte if anything, but managed to pull a huge PR victory by knowing when to talk and when to shut up. Tryndamere and Monte on the other hand...

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Monte not going to World's is probably a blessing in disguise, because all the OGN casters excluding Papa Smithy (Who's going to be at World's) are going to be casting from Monte's couch. Who's taking bets on Riot trying to DMCA him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Monte is a dumbass

• Locked thread