Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Space Whale
Nov 6, 2014
It was a filling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Is this the loving spacewhale forum now or what? Having someone get under nsap's skin is not reason enough to pollute several threads with his inane chest-puffing horseshit.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

There are even more bad things I could tell everyone about "Space Whale"! But I don't engage in IRC gossip, unlike people from Kentucky

Plz don't give him excuses

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

There are even more bad things I could tell everyone about "Space Whale"! But I don't engage in IRC gossip, unlike people from Kentucky

This was very childish of you. "There's a thing I know but I'm not going to say, teehee."

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard

Space Whale posted:

Epinepherine from the dentist (mixed with lidocaine so your gums bleed less and you resorb the lidocaine slower, nothing special). I noticed absolutely zero fear or hesitation, just paying attention on how to do things good and smoothly. It was nice, but it didn't actually make me better at anything.

Then jitters all drat day.

No road/roid raging, just guffaws at people cutting me off.

Honestly 2 beers does the same thing

Space Whale
Nov 6, 2014

clutchpuck posted:

Honestly 2 beers does the same thing

Beer gives you jitters?

You learn something everyday :)

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
Yeah, ever had a sugar high? Beer is full of that poo poo

It also does the other things like peeling back inhibitions and anger

I only do that off public roads tho

Space Whale
Nov 6, 2014
I actually don't even drink or smoke. Coffee and tea is the extent. I only drink if I'm cooking with wine.

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

Space Whale posted:

I actually don't even drink or smoke. Coffee and tea is the extent. I only drink if I'm cooking with wine.

What is it like being boring? The rest of us want to know.

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
Whoa watch out he might take that as a personal insult.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

HotCanadianChick posted:

What is it like being boring? The rest of us want to know.

You don't need to tell us what boring is, we've all driven cars before.

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
Boring is every one of these stupid derails ya'll start with Space Whale in every thread. How bout ya'll make some content, instead of beating a dead horse.

Warning- Content ahead- You may want to skip this if you are only interested in circle jerking over new posters-

Is it just me or have drivers gotten worse over the last month? I've noticed a marked increase in people making last minute lane changes at exits, pulling into my lane where I am, almost sideswiping me in my car in corners when they decide to drift out of their lane into mine, and everything else. What on earth could be the cause of this?!

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Coydog posted:

Boring is every one of these stupid derails ya'll start with Space Whale in every thread. How bout ya'll make some content, instead of beating a dead horse.

Warning- Content ahead- You may want to skip this if you are only interested in circle jerking over new posters-

Is it just me or have drivers gotten worse over the last month? I've noticed a marked increase in people making last minute lane changes at exits, pulling into my lane where I am, almost sideswiping me in my car in corners when they decide to drift out of their lane into mine, and everything else. What on earth could be the cause of this?!

Weather changing.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Coydog posted:

School's back on

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

Heeelp meee... prevent wildfires
Pokemon update

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
Everything definitely got worse since school's started. I feel like the peace has been shattered.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

lol Coydog makes an honest attempt at getting this thread back on track and you guys make one word :effort: posts.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Linedance posted:

School's back on

Most likely. Traffic always gets worse starting in September I've found.

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

I crashed my truck so yeah drivers are getting worse

solarNativity
Nov 11, 2012

I had a new Jeep pull out right in front of me and straddle two lanes (of three each way) as I closed in at the speed limit, and since I thought they were just gonna go wide and grab the middle or left lane (as they often do) I chose the inside and slipped past as they drifted back to the right and nearly had me. I was fumbling for my horn for the duration of the encounter but I didn't find it until I was well past them, and all I could do was use hand signals to tell them they were #1 and get the gently caress away. The closest I've come to an actual accident yet.

But this was today (Saturday) so I can't really blame it on school, even though it happened right in front of one.

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
Oh, school definitely would coincide with when it started. Perhaps everyone is just that bit extra frazzled from the additional logistics, and it's infectious. It's been serious enough for me to kind of see why my friends gave up motorcycling on public roads (not that I could do such a thing).

Coredump posted:

lol Coydog makes an honest attempt at getting this thread back on track and you guys make one word :effort: posts.

LOL Like a bunch of old people on a porch.
"weather's changin'"
"Feels like rain."
"Hogs in the horse shed again, y'know"
"millennials"

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Coydog posted:

I live and drive/ride in Pittsburgh so all I can say is no I haven't seen a change for the worse because when you've hit rock bottom it's hard to go further.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Coydog posted:

Oh, school definitely would coincide with when it started. Perhaps everyone is just that bit extra frazzled from the additional logistics, and it's infectious. It's been serious enough for me to kind of see why my friends gave up motorcycling on public roads (not that I could do such a thing).

LOL Like a bunch of old people on a porch.
"weather's changin'"
"Feels like rain."
"Hogs in the horse shed again, y'know"
"millennials"

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

N is for Nipples posted:

I had a new Jeep pull out right in front of me and straddle two lanes (of three each way) as I closed in at the speed limit, and since I thought they were just gonna go wide and grab the middle or left lane (as they often do) I chose the inside and slipped past as they drifted back to the right and nearly had me. I was fumbling for my horn for the duration of the encounter but I didn't find it until I was well past them, and all I could do was use hand signals to tell them they were #1 and get the gently caress away. The closest I've come to an actual accident yet.

But this was today (Saturday) so I can't really blame it on school, even though it happened right in front of one.

You've probably already figured this out for yourself by now but unless you've no alternative never break inside someone when you're unsure of their intentions. Drivers are always less attentive to the side opposite them, and are more likely to break towards the kerb if startled, and ultimately the kerb side almost always has more poo poo that's going to hurt if you end up hitting it.

For more information see this complete loving idiot:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=511SLUHPmRw

For context, this isn't even his own bike, and he posted a long justification of his total lack of loving ability:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lZSC3Vu20E

Highlights include "I was unfamiliar with the bike so didn't know how good the brakes were" (it's a loving Panigale, it could have stopped from that speed in not much more than the length of the car) and how he didn't just stop or go around the other side because his experience told him not to.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

N is for Nipples posted:

Some days are just idiot days, I've found. All the morons come out at once.

Today I nearly got merged into on the freeway by a black Mustang with a custom plate. I was in the left lane, had just passed a car in the middle lane with maybe a 5 mph speed differential, and was starting to move back over to the middle lane. This Mustang was coming up in the right lane, about 20 mph faster than the guy in the middle, blew by him on the right and merged into the middle lane at the same time as I moved over. My 2-second-old shoulder check didn't catch him. I spotted him in my peripheral vision when we were about 2 feet apart, swerved back into the left lane and gave him a blast of the horn and the finger. He didn't seem to notice and continued on at about 90 miles an hour, weaving back and forth between the rest of the cars until he was out of sight.

Then, on the way home, I decided to stop in an empty mall parking lot and practice some low-speed tight turning for fun. Brapped around at under 30mph for 20 minutes or so scraping my toes until the mall security guy drove up. Apparently he had gotten a complaint that there were "a bunch of motorcycles making noise out there." The ~20 year old kid was really apologetic, saying "yeah man, a parking lot is definitely the best place to practice, I mean...your bike isn't even that loud" (note: we were talking with my engine running) "but like...I got complaints..."

solarNativity
Nov 11, 2012

goddamnedtwisto posted:

never break inside

Yeah. I referred to it as "almost C2Wing myself."

Space Whale
Nov 6, 2014

Sagebrush posted:

Some days are just idiot days, I've found. All the morons come out at once.

Today I nearly got merged into on the freeway by a black Mustang with a custom plate. I was in the left lane, had just passed a car in the middle lane with maybe a 5 mph speed differential, and was starting to move back over to the middle lane. This Mustang was coming up in the right lane, about 20 mph faster than the guy in the middle, blew by him on the right and merged into the middle lane at the same time as I moved over. My 2-second-old shoulder check didn't catch him. I spotted him in my peripheral vision when we were about 2 feet apart, swerved back into the left lane and gave him a blast of the horn and the finger. He didn't seem to notice and continued on at about 90 miles an hour, weaving back and forth between the rest of the cars until he was out of sight.

Then, on the way home, I decided to stop in an empty mall parking lot and practice some low-speed tight turning for fun. Brapped around at under 30mph for 20 minutes or so scraping my toes until the mall security guy drove up. Apparently he had gotten a complaint that there were "a bunch of motorcycles making noise out there." The ~20 year old kid was really apologetic, saying "yeah man, a parking lot is definitely the best place to practice, I mean...your bike isn't even that loud" (note: we were talking with my engine running) "but like...I got complaints..."

I have a hard time finding parking lots that are clean, empty, and also not cordoned off or watched over by security :(

Dirty parking lots are a great way to feel your rear slide over mud or leaves.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

goddamnedtwisto posted:

You've probably already figured this out for yourself by now but unless you've no alternative never break inside someone when you're unsure of their intentions. Drivers are always less attentive to the side opposite them, and are more likely to break towards the kerb if startled, and ultimately the kerb side almost always has more poo poo that's going to hurt if you end up hitting it.

For context, this isn't even his own bike, and he posted a long justification of his total lack of loving ability:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lZSC3Vu20E

Highlights include "I was unfamiliar with the bike so didn't know how good the brakes were" (it's a loving Panigale, it could have stopped from that speed in not much more than the length of the car) and how he didn't just stop or go around the other side because his experience told him not to.

He's got some competition:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vbl1KAdwQTM

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~
What the gently caress happened there?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

PaintVagrant posted:

He target fixated right onto a patch of green ice.

Barnsy
Jul 22, 2013

Now that was hilarious. Target fixating like a boss!

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

PaintVagrant posted:

He didn't know how to brake from 30km/h, along with the above.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~

Slavvy posted:

He didn't know how to brake from 30km/h, along with the above.

So strange. He starts yelling as he has plenty of room to either brake straight or just lean harder, and just coasts into someones back yard and oops a cliff. I just cant believe he had time to yell instead of doing something, very weird. Was it maybe darker than the video made it seem?

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

PaintVagrant posted:

So strange. He starts yelling as he has plenty of room to either brake straight or just lean harder, and just coasts into someones back yard and oops a cliff. I just cant believe he had time to yell instead of doing something, very weird. Was it maybe darker than the video made it seem?

You clearly aren't familiar with the most freedom-loving, liberty-packed licensing system in existence. I'd be astounded if that person has ever ridden something smaller than 600cc.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Slavvy posted:

You clearly aren't familiar with the most freedom-loving, liberty-packed licensing system in existence. I'd be astounded if that person has ever ridden something smaller than 600cc.

Look again, that's in New Zealand.

Barnsy
Jul 22, 2013

goddamnedtwisto posted:

He could have also just obtained his license overseas.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Barnsy posted:

He could have also just obtained his license overseas.

Crazy talk but.... he could also just be flaunting licensing laws, as you don't have to insert your license into a reader on the vehicle to start it

Here4DaGangBang
Dec 3, 2004

I beat my dick like it owes me money!
The American accent and the channel name of Eagle in NZ leads me to suspect he's a US citizen living in NZ.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

goddamnedtwisto posted:

I just watched it again on a proper screen and welp. Definitely american though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Also not his bike.

goddamnedtwisto posted:

I got myself into a similar situation driving my parents' C1 at the start of the year (foolishly attempting an uphill overtake in the last hundred yards of a disappearing passing lane on the motorway, at night, in the rain. Yeah, I know), after which I started making a concerted effort to eliminate from my brain that dumb reflex that tells you to dart into small spaces that are getting smaller.

I used to do it on foot all the time, walking faster than someone drifting across the pavement I'd always try to pass them on the side they were moving towards. There's probably a psychology paper in there somewhere.