Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

I can't get enough of Nick Mullen making GBS threads on Brandon 'copy/paste WSHH comments' Wardell.

VV Yeah, I listened. They paused twice in a 50 minute ep for him to update his snapchat/twitter/instagram.

red19fire fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Sep 16, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Huzanko
Aug 4, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

red19fire posted:

I can't get enough of Nick Mullen making GBS threads on Brandon 'copy/paste WSHH comments' Wardell.

Wasn't Brandon Wardell on an episode of Chapo? I found him really annoying and couldn't listen to the whole episode, sadly.

Literally
Jul 2, 2009

fatherboxx posted:

👏seventeen👏 seventy👏 six👏

NEW YORK CITY!

Noam Chomsky posted:

Wasn't Brandon Wardell on an episode of Chapo? I found him really annoying and couldn't listen to the whole episode, sadly.

He was on Cum Town too. Apparently Amber, Nick and Felix share an apartment and one of Amber's cats puked in front of Brandon and he started screaming.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Cornflakes posted:

i love democrat voice so much

Democrat voice is a gift.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
The TCOT letters from the war are still the funniest thing they've done.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
where the HELL is today's episode damnit!!1

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
Brandon Wardell makes me feel old. maybe I have finally reached the point where young people begin to resemble unfathomable alien creatures.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
He looks like a baby. A wee baby.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

I loved Wardell on Cum Town and hated him on Chapo.

His shtick is funnier in a confrontational environment.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Atrocious Joe posted:

I loved Wardell on Cum Town and hated him on Chapo.

His shtick is funnier in a confrontational environment.

He was alright on the Digcast, I thought.

Cornflakes
Dec 3, 2006

emdash posted:

where the HELL is today's episode damnit!!1

holy poo poo was the wait worth it

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

The music choice at the mid episode break killed me

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

The music choice at the mid episode break killed me

My favorite music insert was the intro from Natural Born Killaz in the second (freeway) Ross Douthat episode.

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers
Philip Glass/Ben Shapiro was inspired.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Are the premium episodes different in any way from the free ones?

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Ron Jeremy posted:

only by coincidence sometimes, it's the same basic format

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
They've been doing the movie dissections on the premium episodes, mostly.

Speaking of which, the epic, Oscar-worthy movie London Has Fallen is available on Netflix streaming now in case you want to be full of bourbon and bad ideas and watch it.

Okonner
Dec 11, 2008

by exmarx

Joementum posted:

They've been doing the movie dissections on the premium episodes, mostly.

Speaking of which, the epic, Oscar-worthy movie London Has Fallen is available on Netflix streaming now in case you want to be full of bourbon and bad ideas and watch it.

"A radical jihadi terrorist leads a plot where British Muslims infiltrate all levels of society secretly, including law enforcement, in an effort to assassinate the bulk of the 1st world's heads of state"

Movie exec: my God, this is offensive! This will provoke anti-Muslim hysteria!

*crosses out 'jihadi terrorist' for 'sinister arms dealer*

Movie exec: nailed it, print it.

Also super cool of them to show a wedding getting drone-struck. Liberal Hollywood trying to undermine our values again!

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Ron Jeremy posted:

They're sooooo much better it's unreal. You haven't even heard them bring the fire yet, they're quite restrained in the Kasich-level casts. There's really no comparison.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
Some of my favorite moments have been on the premium episodes so I would say they are worth it.

This includes:
1) The complete destruction of a libertarian journalist's arguments
2) David French's everything
3) 9/11 turning Adam Sandler retarded

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

uh, we may be the losers
The destruction of the libertarian's arguments were mostly an inside job tbf. He preemptively crumpled like a paper bag any time he knew he'd be be challenged, and basically started off by saying "I don't actually have an ideology like those mad von mises folks!".

He didn't even have a "you support men with guns taking my money!!" meltdown. A shameful libertarian.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
The libertarian episode is horrible or hilarious, depending on how sympathetic you feel towards people getting eaten alive.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAUY1J8KizU

Pappyland
Jun 17, 2004

There's no limit to your imagination!
College Slice

CortezFantastic posted:

Some of my favorite moments have been on the premium episodes so I would say they are worth it.

This includes:
1) The complete destruction of a libertarian journalist's arguments
2) David French's everything
3) 9/11 turning Adam Sandler retarded

Which episodes are these in?

Literally
Jul 2, 2009

Pappyland posted:

1) Ep. 17
2) Ep. 12
3) Ep. 23

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

uh, we may be the losers

Pappyland posted:

Libertarian guest is episode 17, Adam Sandler 9/11 movie dissection is episode 23.

They've covered David French a few times I think, best was episode 34 where they covered his article about weak millennials (which was mostly just him talking poo poo about his dickhead failson).

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich
David French was a dungeon and dragons teen who developed into a warcraft-playing man in his fifties but holds court about masculinity in NRO

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
Every David French article is like a lesson in projection

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Bryter posted:

The destruction of the libertarian's arguments were mostly an inside job tbf. He preemptively crumpled like a paper bag any time he knew he'd be be challenged, and basically started off by saying "I don't actually have an ideology like those mad von mises folks!".

He didn't even have a "you support men with guns taking my money!!" meltdown. A shameful libertarian.

yea it was fun but it wasn't really the total destruction you'd hope for. He instantly went for the wimp rear end 'hahaha well ya I guess I don't actually believe in anything, lol I'm made of jelly' kinda 'defense' so it was just them reminding him how stupid libertarian poo poo is and him awkwardly laughing and saying 'yea, maybe'.

It did lead to him talking about how the fact that he can have a rainbow of iphone cases was REAL freedom, and that is basically purestrain libertarian stupidity, so that was fun.

But the premium episodes will always get my love just for 'Adam Sandler: 9/11 retard'.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Corek posted:

David French was a dungeon and dragons teen who developed into a warcraft-playing man in his fifties but holds court about masculinity in NRO

What's his yospos acct

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Puppy Galaxy posted:

What's his yospos acct

Fishmech

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
smartest dad in america

goodog
Nov 3, 2007

Corek posted:

What sort of fitness standards are required for a 37 year old who joins the Army Reserve as a lawyer? Even in the brief period where he could claim any sort of hardship, he acts like he was some sort of Spartan authority on physical activity instead of a middle-aged desk jockey.

goodog fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Sep 18, 2016

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Corek posted:

I think I heard that in a plebe episode. The one where he and his son are in the same WoW guild?

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

just found out ross douthat is doing a lecture called "why america (still) needs conservatism" or something tomorrow and i'm actually thinking about it

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

Puppy Galaxy posted:

just found out ross douthat is doing a lecture called "why america (still) needs conservatism" or something tomorrow and i'm actually thinking about it

I endorse and give my blessing. Is it free? Trip report would be cool if you go.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Puppy Galaxy posted:

Lol where?

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I hope they go to Politicon next year.

Corek fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Sep 19, 2016

Literally
Jul 2, 2009

drat,about time they upgraded their audio equipment.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

Literally posted:

drat,about time they upgraded their audio equipment.

Sorry it is an elaborate troll. Please give them money so they can troll you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally
Jul 2, 2009

Mr Hootington posted:

Sorry it is an elaborate troll. Please give them money so they can troll you.

drat it. Not again.