Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Insert name here posted:

It was a Dunk and Warspite, please do not slander us by implying that we'd div up a T6 and T7 tyvm :colbert:

Oh yeah, now I remember. I don't know 3/4 of the ships, my highest is T5 because I go up so many lines at once. Also because I play so much Bogatyr. I'm just barely more than two points from AFT and just being able to poo poo fires on everyone from out of their range. A couple nights ago I spent several minutes hammering a Nassau and a South Carolina from outside their range while dodging a DD's attempt at max range torpedoes, all while at 2,000 health. If I was better at minding my range it would just be unfair, and it should be even easier to kite BBs once I have AFT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !
Is the amount of dragon flags you get calculated on the 19th ? If I buy another T10 ship before, will I get another 50 flags ?

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Hammerstein posted:

Is the amount of dragon flags you get calculated on the 19th ? If I buy another T10 ship before, will I get another 50 flags ?

Yesterday was the cutoff on data gathering for t10s and battles played. 19th will be when they distribute what the data says.

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

How do you get to T6 as a CV and still just park in your starting position like no one knows where you are? Two matches in a row in my Zuiho, I sunk a dude in a Ryujo (same guy) who just...didn't move and had none of his fighters nearby, allowing me to put full 2 full drops of torpedoes into him AND dive bomb him.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
I'm having a miserable time in cruisers, I either have to sit in the back with my lame team and lob mortars for piddle damage or try to close in and get melted by 8 ships at once

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

This entire weekend has been terrible.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

Heartcatch posted:

Same...watch me carry a whole team kicking and screaming to a narrow victory.

JuffoWup posted:

Yesterday was the cutoff on data gathering for t10s and battles played. 19th will be when they distribute what the data says.

Thx. Guess I should have bought my next T10 sooner.

Hammerstein fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Sep 17, 2016

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

Heartcatch posted:

That's +200%xp for you. I had some good games in the Scharnhorst and Bayern, an amazing Tirpitz game, and terrible Texas games. The Texas games could have been great if it wasn't for the Pub Factor, almost no tier 7 BBs. I think there was like 1 per side across both of them.

drzrma
Dec 29, 2008

wdarkk posted:

That's +200%xp for you. I had some good games in the Scharnhorst and Bayern, an amazing Tirpitz game, and terrible Texas games. The Texas games could have been great if it wasn't for the Pub Factor, almost no tier 7 BBs. I think there was like 1 per side across both of them.

In your case I take full responsibility, I'm terrible at this game. Had a good time though.

SkySteak
Sep 9, 2010
For the ARP Ashigara I went Basics of Survivability>Expert Marksmen and now I am trying to pick the third skill. I admit I am stuck between Vigilance and Torp acceleration. Is there any opinions on which is better?

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

SkySteak posted:

For the ARP Ashigara I went Basics of Survivability>Expert Marksmen and now I am trying to pick the third skill. I admit I am stuck between Vigilance and Torp acceleration. Is there any opinions on which is better?

Why would you take torp acceleration on a cruiser? Take Vigilance (or High Alert if you get set on fire a lot).

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

SkySteak posted:

Superintendent. All planes must die.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Did I screw up getting turret rotation on my Russian DD captain rather than last stand? The traverse is just so slow. It's a super low level captain, so I can just replace him.

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Did I screw up getting turret rotation on my Russian DD captain rather than last stand? The traverse is just so slow. It's a super low level captain, so I can just replace him.

Always always always take last stand on DDs.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Based on what we saw earlier tonight, I think that you can potentially prevent the matchmaker from throwing your tier 5 into tier 7 by queueing up with 3 tier 5 battleships.

dublish
Oct 31, 2011

How bad does a team have to be for two people to each get both High Caliber and Confederate? Wouldn't that account for like 2/3 of the enemy team's health?

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

dublish posted:

How bad does a team have to be for two people to each get both High Caliber and Confederate? Wouldn't that account for like 2/3 of the enemy team's health?

Me and Hazdoc once both got Kraken in the same game. So that level of badness is just this side of totally possible.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

RN when?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

It's really funny watching Saipan drivers try to defend their ridiculous p2w ship as balanced, as they simultaneously tag 40 plane kills and 4 ship kills against either of Ranger or Hiryu, and any surface combo, without breaking a sweat

1-2 months est.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

quote:

-British cruisers will appear in mid October

-British cruisers will be something between DD and CL. Developers are still struggling with their balancing

Interview taken from here. https://thearmoredpatrol.com/

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
The Fuso is brutal. I'm not cut out for honorable battlecruiser supremacy.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Asproigerosis posted:

The Fuso is brutal. I'm not cut out for honorable battlecruiser supremacy.

Free XP to the second hull if you can, it massively improves the range.

kaesarsosei
Nov 7, 2012
Hydro-Acoustic Search, Vigilance and Target Acquisition Module. I remember reading that not all of these stack, does anyone know the details?

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

What are people thinking is gonna be the new Ranked meta? Bismarks and whatever the Tier 8 russian cruiser with radar is? Seems like there will be a lot fewer DDs.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

I'm predicting ranked will see a lot of my North Carolina, because it's the only tier 8 I have.

More broadly, I think you'll see a lot of the Atago and Kutuzov.

Pacra
Aug 5, 2004

I didn't know Chinese loved boats so much

Pacra
Aug 5, 2004

NTRabbit posted:

I'm predicting ranked will see a lot of my North Carolina, because it's the only tier 8 I have.

More broadly, I think you'll see a lot of the Atago and Kutuzov.

Kutuzov is a terrible boat for ranked, teams should and will get mad if someone brings one in

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

I'm really hoping the Bayern B hull comes with a rudder, because getting the crew to lean out the side and drag a hand in the water to steer with the A hull feels like a design flaw.

Pacra posted:

Kutuzov is a terrible boat for ranked, teams should and will get mad if someone brings one in

I'm just presuming a lot of people bought them, it's a tier 8, and pubbies love to pop smoke and sit still inside it while shooting. There'll probably be a lot of Tirpitz in ranked too, even though Bismarck is better, because one of them you actually have to grind to get.

e: basically I'm expecting to see a lot of the highest selling tier 8 premiums, and I'm suspecting the Atago is really the only one that deserves to be there, and maybe the Lo Yang? Doesn't it have a better consumable set for ranked than the Benson?

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Sep 18, 2016

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

NTRabbit posted:

I'm really hoping the Bayern B hull comes with a rudder, because getting the crew to lean out the side and drag a hand in the water to steer with the A hull feels like a design flaw.

I'm just presuming a lot of people bought them, it's a tier 8, and pubbies love to pop smoke and sit still inside it while shooting. There'll probably be a lot of Tirpitz in ranked too, even though Bismarck is better, because one of them you actually have to grind to get.

e: basically I'm expecting to see a lot of the highest selling tier 8 premiums, and I'm suspecting the Atago is really the only one that deserves to be there, and maybe the Lo Yang? Doesn't it have a better consumable set for ranked than the Benson?

It has hydro which makes it the best dd at that tier.

Blinks77
Feb 15, 2012

NTRabbit posted:

It's essentially the Benson C hull with a hydro option. Not bad, but i tend to prefer the Benson for that extra gun. Well, that and leveling up a chinese captain all by it's lonesome is kinda irritating.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Right, I knew it had something useful on it the Benson didn't, couldn't remember what

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

Blinks77 posted:

It's essentially the Benson C hull with a hydro option. Not bad, but i tend to prefer the Benson for that extra gun. Well, that and leveling up a chinese captain all by it's lonesome is kinda irritating.

If you have the Anshan, they can share captains. :eng101:

all the cool kids have the Gremy instead of the Anshan :smugdog:

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]

Devorum posted:

I deleted a New Orleans that crossed my T at about 8Km, and kited a Tirpitz that got fixated on me until I sank it. I got my first ever in-game compliment, as well. An Atago, a Cleveland and I locked down the entire Eastern flank. I think this is my 4th Dreadnought award for the day.

It's kind of weird that "crossing the T" is actually a super bad idea in this game. This is why I do so well in the Dunkerque.

If real life worked anything like World of Warships, the Nelson and Dukerque would be the absolute best design scheme and tactically you would always be aiming to have your T crossed in some variation.

Anyone one trying to transition from Warships to Fighting Steel would be in for a surprise.

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

Blinks77 posted:

Well, that and leveling up a chinese captain all by it's lonesome is kinda irritating.

Dragon flags !

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

:negative:

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

The dumbest thing about the Bismarck/Tirpitz comparison is that their AA suites really need to be switched. So, WG, the ship that sunk in 1941, after being crippled by goddamn biplanes, somehow has better AA than a ship that survived until 1944, having its AA continuously upgraded and added onto during that time. Sure.

More to the mechanical point, Bismarck has more advantages over its premium counterpart than any of the other comparisons. Significantly longer ranged secondaries as opposed to torpedoes is reasonably evened out, but then it gets both Hydroacoustic AND a significantly better AA suite on top of that. One or the other would have been fine, but both?

Pacra
Aug 5, 2004

hydro on bismarck is broke af

marxismftw
Apr 16, 2010

Lord Koth posted:

The dumbest thing about the Bismarck/Tirpitz comparison is that their AA suites really need to be switched. So, WG, the ship that sunk in 1941, after being crippled by goddamn biplanes, somehow has better AA than a ship that survived until 1944, having its AA continuously upgraded and added onto during that time. Sure.

More to the mechanical point, Bismarck has more advantages over its premium counterpart than any of the other comparisons. Significantly longer ranged secondaries as opposed to torpedoes is reasonably evened out, but then it gets both Hydroacoustic AND a significantly better AA suite on top of that. One or the other would have been fine, but both?

Sometimes the premium ship is qualitatively better, sometimes it isnt

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Lord Koth posted:

The Tirpitz existed to soak players who wanted a German BB early, I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Night10194 posted:

The Tirpitz existed to soak players who wanted a German BB early, I think.

Torpedos are still fun as gently caress :shrug: