Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
suction
Jul 17, 2009
I stopped playing because I can't progress the characters that I like to play in any meaningful way. I have all heroes, but I only care enough to gear about 5 heroes. The only progression I have left is to get max rolls on artifacts/gears, and I have no control over RNG progression. Will this update keep me playing? Sure, I'll log on and gently caress around for a couple hours, but probably not more than that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

suction posted:

I stopped playing because I can't progress the characters that I like to play in any meaningful way. I have all heroes, but I only care enough to gear about 5 heroes. The only progression I have left is to get max rolls on artifacts/gears, and I have no control over RNG progression. Will this update keep me playing? Sure, I'll log on and gently caress around for a couple hours, but probably not more than that.

welcome to diablo-like games

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

There was a talk about a difficulty slider but they haven't talked about what that means. There might be a decent chance that the difficulty slider will be the new way to advance, as in they could have higher ilevel stuff drop at higher difficulties. Now that skill ranks are going away there isn't the silly concept of ilevel 75 items having +4 to all as a somewhat default for a bunch of uniques.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Where do you get builds from these days

I need to know how I should be building Squirrel Girl, Captain America, Spider-Man, and Doctor Doom. and maybe Bucky if he ever became good? actually how are all of those people doing lately

does anyone here actually play enough to know

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

why would you imagine any of them have changed since the last time you logged in

cams
Mar 28, 2003

i am pretty excited about a reason to play this again, but the itemization details are gonna decide it for me. picking poo poo up and inventory management is a godamn chore in this game.

good luck, gaz decision making team. also mad props to the new dev who realized that math is not that hard and building the numbers stuff isn't that hard when you have the assets ready.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Irony.or.Death posted:

why would you imagine any of them have changed since the last time you logged in

i stopped really playing before the rest of you did

i dont think i ever did an axis raid

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

if im being honest im mostly just hoping that someone i play as got better in some way while i was gone

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Mite check out total overhaul when it drops. Cya.

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

cams posted:

i am pretty excited about a reason to play this again, but the itemization details are gonna decide it for me. picking poo poo up and inventory management is a godamn chore in this game.

good luck, gaz decision making team. also mad props to the new dev who realized that math is not that hard and building the numbers stuff isn't that hard when you have the assets ready.

good av

jujojoh
Feb 25, 2016

:gaz:

:cosmic2day:

:gaz:
Lmao I didn't know kelp played Rock Band the game

Lux Aeterna
Feb 19, 2005

With a smaller staff and larger goals, marvel heroes trudged into the 2017th century

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

jujojoh posted:

Lmao I didn't know kelp played Rock Band the game

rock band owns, its been a staple game for hanging out with people since back when the first one came out. its the only reason i got an xbox one, because all my dlc carried over into rockband 4

that, smash bros, and the Jackbox games. all good stuff

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014

Kelp Plankton posted:

Where do you get builds from these days

I need to know how I should be building Squirrel Girl, Captain America, Spider-Man, and Doctor Doom. and maybe Bucky if he ever became good? actually how are all of those people doing lately

does anyone here actually play enough to know

squirrel girl is top tier now

NoMoneyDown
Jan 27, 2009

I've got the advantage. You've got nothing.
Started playing this game a month ago, and once I got through most of the story, I spent days on and off getting Jean Grey to level 60 to wrap up the story missions, which I finally achieved last night. Woo.

Sure wish I had more info on that redesign, so I can cry at all the ways they can make Phoenix un-fun.

NoMoneyDown fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Sep 19, 2016

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Sdoots posted:

Is that a Meowth coin on his forehead?

Playable Meowth for 2017

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Pretty sad that Mr Gaz couldn't get car rider out fast enough. loving phone game (that's amazing, of course) has unveiled the new Ghost Rider stume which, of course, has Car Rider.

Oh and Bruce Lee is playable.

https://youtu.be/Fq_YC6lWek0

Mr. Gaz, what I'm saying is I NEED that GR costume immediately. That's how you get $10 from me currently.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
When I stopped for my second BIG MOZZ burger of the day I saw that Sheetz is now selling MAC N CHEETOS which is exactly what it sounds like.

Remember we live in a godless existence and time is short so cram as much poo poo in your mouth as possible - Sheetz, 2016

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Pretty sad that Mr Gaz couldn't get car rider out fast enough. loving phone game (that's amazing, of course) has unveiled the new Ghost Rider stume which, of course, has Car Rider.

Oh and Bruce Lee is playable.

https://youtu.be/Fq_YC6lWek0

Mr. Gaz, what I'm saying is I NEED that GR costume immediately. That's how you get $10 from me currently.

that's a car rider not the car rider

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」
It's weird too, since it's not the car rider that will be showing up on Hit TV Drama Marvel's Agents of SHIELD literally tomorrow. Their cross-brand synergy game is usually stronger than that.

You know, unlike this poo poo pile's "we have the worst Captain America costume a month late for his birthday celebration".

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

AzraelNewtype posted:

It's weird too, since it's not the car rider that will be showing up on Hit TV Drama Marvel's Agents of SHIELD literally tomorrow. Their cross-brand synergy game is usually stronger than that.

You know, unlike this poo poo pile's "we have the worst Captain America costume a month late for his birthday celebration".

"hit" lmao

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

AgentVapor posted:

One other change for this week that bears mentioning: this will be the last of the Monday Updates as they've existed thus far. Weekly updates are not going away, however these updates will be moving to the end of the week rather than the start, so next week's update will take place on Friday, September 30th.
:rip: Monday Updates, you were too Tuesday for this world.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Not enough developers to update the update.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Users will now receive updates at the same time as the game - on one of any of the four existing Thursdays of the week.

30th September Update
We have found a fifth Thursday.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

2016 the year of quality develops

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

Blockhouse posted:

that's a car rider not the car rider

it's the superior car rider though.

a big fat bunny
Oct 4, 2002

woo look at 'em gonk

Ghostlight posted:

Users will now receive updates at the same time as the game - on one of any of the four existing Thursdays of the week.

30th September Update
We have found a fifth Thursday.

Geez, no wonder Ryolnir booked it first chance he got. On the other hand, think of how many opportunities for Thursday Patch Day there are between now and December 31st! They just might be able to slam down a massive flattening of powers and power trees AND get three more heroes booted out the door!

crazy8
Aug 27, 2003

bawk bawk
I sorta want to be excited for this big update but it will probably take them 3 or 4 months to implement.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

crazy8 posted:

I sorta want to be excited for this big update but it will probably take them 3 or 4 months to admit it's never happening

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

But will they beat the probably fake Diablo 2 HD remake counter?

http://diablo2hd.com/

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012
looks interesting plus if I can get some free teamups I will play. Probably not in vision like I have been though as he seems to tear like paper.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

heres your patch notes

http://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/296398/marvel-heroes-2016-1-27-patch-notes

it's really weird to me that there's an event that lets you side with hydra in this game now

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Patch Notes: A kinda lovely tournament involving omega files and orbs.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The character's name is Roz Solomon, not Rose.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Kelp Plankton posted:

heres your patch notes

http://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/296398/marvel-heroes-2016-1-27-patch-notes

it's really weird to me that there's an event that lets you side with hydra in this game now

So the event rewards blue boxes? I am not even sure that's worth the login. drat I was kinda hoping for something cool.

Gibbering Madness
Nov 7, 2009

69 69 69 68

xyigx posted:

So the event rewards blue boxes? I am not even sure that's worth the login. drat I was kinda hoping for something cool.

It's gaz, of course they "blue" the event.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Fixed an issue that allowed Team-Up away powers to be in effect while the Team-Up Hero is active.

:a2m:

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Gibbering Madness posted:

It's gaz, of course they "blue" the event.

Would you say a Skye blue?

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

"ryolnir? amthua? it's somebody posted:

Fixed an issue where the tutorial dismiss button was always the PS4 X button when using a gamepad, regardless of whether you had a PS4 or Xbox controller plugged in.

Under no circumstances will you complete this tutorial and begin playing our game, shitlords.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baby Proof
May 16, 2009

Some items from the new event. There's also at least one good SHIELD artifact.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

• Locked thread