Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

krursk
Sep 11, 2001

Your anguish sustains me.
I wonder what will be in the box model number wise. The GW pessimist in me thinks that it wont be a patch on the B@C.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
I'm guessing fewer models than Calth, but you'll be getting bigger dudes like the Custodes. I'm trying to think of how they'd even fit in Space Wolves, Custodes, and Sisters of Silence against just Thousand Sons unless you were getting like 5 of each of the Imperial faction's dudes, or it was a huge fuckin box.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT

SRM posted:

I'm guessing fewer models than Calth, but you'll be getting bigger dudes like the Custodes. I'm trying to think of how they'd even fit in Space Wolves, Custodes, and Sisters of Silence against just Thousand Sons unless you were getting like 5 of each of the Imperial faction's dudes, or it was a huge fuckin box.

My guess is it's only a squad of custodes, no sisters, then wolves and TS. I would put money down on the wolf with the claw on the cover is Bjorn, then you got Ahriman standing on the wolf marine.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.

krursk posted:

I wonder what will be in the box model number wise. The GW pessimist in me thinks that it wont be a patch on the B@C.

Thirty marines, five termies, five custodes and two characters. Is my guess.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
Mk3, check.
Tartaros, check.
Thousand Sons, check.
Plastic wolves I can melt, check.

What is this, why is GW hitting all my fetishes favourites.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
I hope the plastic MK3 come with shields. I'm tired to buying recast breachers and selling them as bits just so I can keep the little aquila shields.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

BULBASAUR posted:

I hope the plastic MK3 come with shields. I'm tired to buying recast breachers and selling them as bits just so I can keep the little aquila shields.

I hope you respond to your PMs soon :colbert:

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

DJ Dizzy posted:

Thirty marines, five termies, five custodes and two characters. Is my guess.

I'd say 20 marines. There's going to be sisters of silence too.

I might just wait for this instead of Calth for my Blood Angels. I'm not a huge fan of Mark IV, and they don't look great for converting into jump dudes anyway.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

I dont think it will include sisters, tbh.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

MasterSlowPoke posted:

I'd say 20 marines. There's going to be sisters of silence too.

I might just wait for this instead of Calth for my Blood Angels. I'm not a huge fan of Mark IV, and they don't look great for converting into jump dudes anyway.

I think Blood Angels look dope in Mk. IV but Mk. II or III dudes look better with jump packs.

Drake_263
Mar 31, 2010

SRM posted:

I think Blood Angels look dope in Mk. IV but Mk. II or III dudes look better with jump packs.

Personally I like MKV jump pack dudes, especially with the old double barrel-shaped packs:

Personally I'm going to use MKIVs for things like tacticals, tactical support and heavy support (the latter with destroyer helmets for hardened armor) , MKIIIs for breachers (also to represent hardened armor) and various veteran units, and MKVs for jump troops. Mostly because I dislike the MKIV big fat single thruster jump pack look. I play Death Guard anyways so 'a little slower but tough as poo poo' fits their MO perfectly.

krursk
Sep 11, 2001

drat I've had a poo poo morning with my Imperial Fists. I somehow messed up the wonder wash batch last night and my 40 MKIII tactical marines are now a rather dirty browny-yellow since drying overnight. The initial test model turned out great but the batch looks awful. I'll have to hit them with lamenters glaze to brighten them up a bit and weather the poo poo out of them. What a pain in the arse, I should have gone with Sons Of Horus.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

krursk posted:

drat I've had a poo poo morning with my Imperial Fists. I somehow messed up the wonder wash batch last night and my 40 MKIII tactical marines are now a rather dirty browny-yellow since drying overnight. The initial test model turned out great but the batch looks awful. I'll have to hit them with lamenters glaze to brighten them up a bit and weather the poo poo out of them. What a pain in the arse, I should have gone with Sons Of Horus.
??
Ah bummer, the fists you posted before were awesome. Not rescuable with some thinner and a qtip?

krursk
Sep 11, 2001

I've got about 100 more marines to get painted in the next month so I probably wont mess with these ones too much. I've stuck one on a base and quickly picked out some of the black parts to see if that helps, I'll add the pads and packs in batches later. An edge highlight and some sponge weathering should help. The next lot I think I'll just do a targeted wash , an edge highlight and then a glaze.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
Dude that hello looks great. After weathering and edge highlighting it will look even better!

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Better tear off this bar association logo.
I think the black on the visor looks really weird and distracting. Have you painted a test model to completion yet?

krursk
Sep 11, 2001

Not yet but I was thinking the same thing about the helmet. I'll finish one later on today when I get time.

krursk
Sep 11, 2001

Not so much finished since clients are taking up all my time lately but I managed to clean up another marine and add everything but the pack and ammo pouches. I want to get all my marines a little beyond this stage before I start transfers & weathering so I can start having some decent games without proxies.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

I prefer the black trim on the helmet. But looks good! IF colour scheme is so much better in 30k than it is in 40k, especially with mkIII armor. (The best armor)

What do all y'all think I should do basewise with my SoH?

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

I did grey to match my urban board but I think brown would look good too.

krursk
Sep 11, 2001

I would use an ashy grey base for Sons of Horus.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
I'd say red clay/martian. But I say that for everything.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

MasterSlowPoke posted:

I'd say red clay/martian. But I say that for everything.

I think that'd contrast really nicely with the green of the armor, while I feel like a dusty urban grey would be too close since it's kinda desaturated already.

Drake_263
Mar 31, 2010
Yeah, I agree completely. Red clay, Martian Ironearth, or just going for reddish-brown soil (or puddles of blood on the base) would provide a nice counterpoint to the blue-green armor and make it really pop.

Edit: Or you could go for a cityscape-type base and then drybrush the hell out of it with red-brown and orange, so it's all dark metal and rust?

Zhent
Oct 18, 2011

The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time.
Another vote for red/martian bases!

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Better tear off this bar association logo.
I have my SoH based on a sort of pinkish brown sandstone; I was going for a sort of New Mexico look (plus Greco-Roman ruins ofc):

Lighter in person.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
Pretty pleased with how this is turning out.

krursk
Sep 11, 2001

Interesting Sponsons, are you going to go for the all the way around treads as well?

I'm not a good converter, so I miss the old vehicle upgrade kits from FW.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
Nah, can't be that bothered with it.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Goddamnit FW! Give me my SW rules already! :argh:

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Forgeworld event this weekend. I'd expect a bunch of stuff related to prospero or the boxed set. Basically everything except Tyrants because FW.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

New IW shoulderpads. Not quite in match with the BaC and prospero sets. And uneven hazard stripes.

DJ Dizzy fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Sep 23, 2016

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
TS transfer sheet, dayum looks good! Also someone needs to buy me that TS mug and shirt.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
All mocked up. This thing is so much narrower than a regular Land Raider and I think I'm in love.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Looks great dude

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Best posed primarch yet? I think so.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

adamantium|wang posted:

All mocked up. This thing is so much narrower than a regular Land Raider and I think I'm in love.

Every year, the groundhog Marine pops out of his hatch to announce the coming of spring. If there is heresy afoot, then it will be 6 more weeks of winter.

DJ Dizzy posted:

Best posed primarch yet? I think so.
Russ looks dope. I wish he had a beard but the model looks excellent. And the best posed primarch is Ferrus Mannus, obviously.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

With our without the head?

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Rubble piles keep getting bigger and bigger. The emperor will probably stand atop a dead warhound

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

When do we get the Magnus teaser?