Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
gently caress, I woulda asked if you guys could pull the radio/HVAC surround if I knew you were Justy-Raiding.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
I still need to check my spare parts pile for that one for you, I keep forgetting :sigh:

That Justy's motor died the way they all do, seized and threw a rod, based on the few leavings we found. Trans, longblock, and most other stuff was gone but I grabbed a bunch of random poo poo I stupidly left on the ground when I bought my spare motor parts pile in CO.

I really want one of those 6CTA8.3 cummins for the 5 ton but not sure shipping them 3k miles would be economical.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Rhyno posted:

I bet we could move Ken's entire house to Seattle.

We have lumber mills here

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
And I've got the wood to cut

kastein posted:

I still need to check my spare parts pile for that one for you, I keep forgetting :sigh:

Do you have the pic of the honda looking out from your truck the other night

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Unsure if 2015/2016 dodge 1500 is fat as hell or if honda is tiny

E: gently caress I forgot to grab the rearview off the Justy too. Might have to go back for that and the radio surround.

kastein fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Sep 16, 2016

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."
Why not both?

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
If you do, payment will be handsome. Mine is held together by liquid nails and PO fuckery. poo poo, just pull everything useful from the dash and I'll pay for shipment to AK.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Rhyno posted:

I bet we could move Ken's entire house to Seattle.

Why would you want to disrupt millions of carpenter ants like that?

GOD IS BED
Jun 17, 2010

ALL HAIL GOD MAMMON
:minnie:

College Slice
i got hella hyped before i realized Ken hadn't joined in on the "old truck fury road" adventure

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

GOD IS BED posted:

i got hella hyped before i realized Ken hadn't joined in on the "old truck fury road" adventure

Good job jerk now all I'll think about is what we have been denied.

GOD IS BED
Jun 17, 2010

ALL HAIL GOD MAMMON
:minnie:

College Slice
:(:respek::(

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

oh my loving god I'm making that same human being loving face that human being loving dog makes every day, and I legitimately don't remember making a face for the photo

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

it's uncanny

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

I think 14 is gonna have to carry the torch on the return to the yard for more justy parts. I'll gladly pay for that drat mirror + labor, can't believe I forgot it.

GOD IS BED posted:

I'd be on that like flies on poo poo if this was 2012 or 2013, but my life is different now and I can't just gently caress off for a few weeks anymore :sigh:

(On the other hand, it is much improved this way.)

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
I need those caps that go on the A/C charge ports for post 1996 cars cause the dealer left them off last time I took the car there >:o If anybody goes haha.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

R134a ones? Those are like 5 bucks brand new at the parts store IIRC... I might have a spare set at home but I can't remember to ship things to save my life.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
I'm trolling a little bit. I never remember when I go. I don't know if they leave them on after they drain the cars anyway.

Highest Cactus
Jul 25, 2007

News: Mysterious illegal cookies seized. "Tastes terrible," says police.

WITNESS

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

kastein posted:

That Justy's motor died the way they all do, seized and threw a rod, based on the few leavings we found. Trans, longblock, and most other stuff was gone but I grabbed a bunch of random poo poo I stupidly left on the ground when I bought my spare motor parts pile in CO.

I really want one of those 6CTA8.3 cummins for the 5 ton but not sure shipping them 3k miles would be economical.

If only you knew someone who was transporting a large truck across the country. :sigh:

kastein posted:

I think 14 is gonna have to carry the torch on the return to the yard for more justy parts. I'll gladly pay for that drat mirror + labor, can't believe I forgot it.

I'd be on that like flies on poo poo if this was 2012 or 2013, but my life is different now and I can't just gently caress off for a few weeks anymore :sigh:

(On the other hand, it is much improved this way.)

As much fun as it would be to make this the great goon meetup, I can totally understand that. poo poo, I can barely get the time off I need for this project, so it's all good.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

ExplodingSims posted:

If only you knew someone who was transporting a large truck across the country. :sigh:

Sadly I am in new england, which means you guys are avoiding my corner of the lower 48 unless you are going for a full tour of the nation and adding another thousand miles or so.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

I mean, we could at least get it on the east coast for ya. I'm sure you can find some lower east coast goon who could hang on to it for you.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
So I ripped this really loud dual note fart right into Rosie's sleeping face in almost the exact same tone and cadence of when she goes Kool aid man breakfast on me, and then like three or four more, went upstairs, came back down , and did three others walking around my room and I get the strangest idea she doesn't appreciate the effort

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

ExplodingSims posted:

I mean, we could at least get it on the east coast for ya. I'm sure you can find some lower east coast goon who could hang on to it for you.

Have room, will store. Could probably move it north however far I could get back in a full day on i95 from mid state sc, for gas money.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

angryrobots posted:

Have room, will store. Could probably move it north however far I could get back in a full day on i95 from mid state sc, for gas money.

Now the question is how will 14" fit it into the Honda. :v:

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
On a whim, I discovered between late March and today, someone proof read the single line stating ' I'm a flat rate mechanic, yes I'm insane' and decided to correct my formatting and grammar. And then three other people liked me and one said we should go somewhere. Since that came dangerously close to success, I went ahead and changed it with more recently taken photos

E: current revision.

INCHI DICKARI fucked around with this message at 08:58 on Sep 18, 2016

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

angryrobots posted:

I'll keep that in mind, and I'd be more than happy to pay, but just so you're aware, it's a cummins 6CTA8.3 along with all the hosing, ancillaries, intercooler, flywheel and clutch, etc from a city bus. It weighs 3/4 of a ton as a longblock and probably a full ton complete. I need to find out price, what redline and torque/power these ones are tuned for, how I'd get it out of the bus and some other stuff.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010
Yes please, enable the madness. Kastein's life seems to have become far too stable and pleasant. He needs another loathsome task like this so we can get more swearing videos and hatefully thermited engine components. Also a 5-ton that works would be good :D

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx

14 BAR RIFF posted:

On a whim, I discovered between late March and today, someone proof read the single line stating ' I'm a flat rate mechanic, yes I'm insane' and decided to correct my formatting and grammar. And then three other people liked me and one said we should go somewhere. Since that came dangerously close to success, I went ahead and changed it with more recently taken photos

Phenomenal.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

kastein posted:

I'll keep that in mind, and I'd be more than happy to pay, but just so you're aware, it's a cummins 6CTA8.3 along with all the hosing, ancillaries, intercooler, flywheel and clutch, etc from a city bus. It weighs 3/4 of a ton as a longblock and probably a full ton complete. I need to find out price, what redline and torque/power these ones are tuned for, how I'd get it out of the bus and some other stuff.

I have a 1 ton truck, a 10k trailer, and a tractor loader with forks.

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

14 BAR RIFF posted:

You are too beautiful for this world. 😘

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Rode down the back roads
Broke down, so we walked to town
Down there in Texas, yeah Texas, and cooked in the sun
We met some farmers
Some ol' boys who knew a good time
Rode on their mules
Laughin' like fools
Yeah yeah they, they, they blew our minds
And I was shaking at the knees
'Cause they packed my rear end with bees
I think they emptied out the whole hive
I've been
Butthole stung

Initial evidence overwhelmingly lies in favor of the stereotypes about dating happen to be true. Girls don't want a good man, a kind mam who left notes for them to find around the apartment with little scraps about ways they are special. They don't want a man who brought flowers nearly every day like he knew they loved, even if it was just a small handful picked wild on the way home from the store. They don't want the man their stories and poems told them of when they were young, the man willing to brave the fires of Hell itself in exchange for their love.

It turns out, the want to be the poem, to briefly have their very own tragic beautiful falling star they can whisper their hopes and their dreams to at night. They want that streak of brilliant light across the sky the wotld over can look upon above and gently drift to sleep while they pray that Heaven is real so their star can carry them in his arms once it hits a tectonic plate at fractional C.

An account that sat idle for months, activated again just yesterday, yielded this sample as of this morning.

I know in my soul we share so many things, like reaching out to my reflection in the surface of a pond, still and silent in the early dew filled rays of morning's light.

And Dear April here, sweet April who demands honesty above all else

April, who could easily be the sister of the same height and build of my first serious flame. Who random, whimsical Chance has decided should have her glimpse down there in the midnight sea. I feel her brief moment may become an eternity as she peers into the abyss. Her kind aren't meant to stay at such depths for long at all.

But Cierra may just be the dark horse gem of the bunch.

It's loving incredible to me that the more my damage manifests in ways nature has evolved to convey warning and stay away, and the higher my walls are built to hide that pain away safe where no one can break the pieces I still have left again, is turning me into Dudepunzel. My gift, my terrible curse, and I can do nothing but laugh and dance while Rome continues to burn.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

INCHI DICKARI fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Sep 18, 2016

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Do you just swipe right on everybody or something??

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Actually nope, that's the hilarious part about the initial test results. The first two years I used tinder with an actual profile that was friendly and easily relatable with flattering pictures I did swipe right on literally everything and after deleting the cam bait and bot results, had a return of one single real person who swiped right, answered a hello message once, and never again. I actually had better luck, raw numberwise, with the butt dialed insanity plea in March left to an idle account that was left untouched until the ressurection and updating done yesterday, and then just swiped on a few that caught my eye for the hell of it.

In short,

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Can this thread be voted Platinum?

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

14 BAR RIFF posted:

But Cierra may just be the dark horse gem of the bunch.

Is Cierra also mutual friends with STR? Or is that your phone telling you that you have a message?

Either way - do it!

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
It was the phone letting me know i had an active face book chat window shortcut. I had a friend read what I wrote and start to pep talk me as far as how I'm not as broken as I say I am or make myself out to be, but missing the specific vein of use I throw so casually around. It's not that I have become a bad person, or flawed to the point of being shunned from society entirely.

Im sure it's a shock to hear that a goon of all people, who grew up verging on morbidly obese with cystic acne who grew up bullied through his entire life because he fought against severe mental health problems he was lucky enough to be born with, happened to find difficulty in being able to be socially normailed and we'll travelled in the dating world. I laugh about being broken, because no matter when I was fat or at my fittest, employed or not, sober or not, medicated and stable or not, only ever asked to find someone to share my life with like everyone else in the world.

In my entire life, I can say I have had a grand total of 3 serious relationships, sprinkled with my fair share of simply right place right time moments of fleeting chance. I've had an OKC account since 2006, with a total of 2 dead end first dates, match.com declared me unable to be matched. Plenty of fish in the sea perhaps once, but I keep casting lines into Mono Lake and wondering how long until the beer runs out.

I have been told to my face that someone out there some day will be lucky to have me but as good as I am I just flat out did not spark a single flicker of desire. Each of the three serious ones cheated on me in the end, once out of distance, once because she said she just wanted to make sure there wasn't some one better out there and she was getting tied down to a life of boredom and routine, and once after literally saving a life and then getting her into treatment for a disease that let me watch the person I love die slowly before me every day for a year, because I didn't understand how hard it was being lonely.

So when I post about red flags and damage, this is all just out of comedic interest to find out if the joke about women only being interested in you when you're not available. I have absolutely zero intent to see any of these out, to have a rebound, to share what's left of my life with anyone else. It's like pursusing information out of scholastic interest. I'm broken in the sense that I have pieced myself back together, but the jagged shard that made me want to date is simply missing and as far as functionality goes is entirely cosmetic. So like all dead horses I so thoroughly enjoy beating, I wonder just how far I can push a dating profile past the point any reasonable person should ever be interested in and watch what happens

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
TLDR: Lotta loving words to say lol loving chicks am I right *belches, shotguns a beer, scratches balls, farts on the cat while sobbing*

mod saas
May 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

14 BAR RIFF posted:

*farts on the cat while sobbing*

same op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
It's because you forgot to up armor the dangling weak point right within swatting range they needed to stab like a whole bunch to defeat the Colossus like I did isn't it

• Locked thread