Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

DrakePegasus is observant.

ConfusedUs posted:

I got my print copy in today. It's beautiful.
Ditto. Just read through it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
I respect the boldness of vision required to end the comic that way. Can't say I was ready for the ride to end, but I sure did enjoy it. Good job Operant.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Allison, it's time to go Super Saiyan. Allison? ALLISON!

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
Yikes, impaling all the limbs multiple times but nothing on the torso and head? Someone's going to get ranted at while they bleed out.

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!
drat, that looks like a very painful way to learn that you really shouldn't mouth off to a terrifyingly powerful master of the universe if you're not gonna finish the drat job right there and then.

The slap probably didn't help much either.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I wonder if the greater torture would be for Mottom to leave Allison alive and bleeding out on the floor, but only after telling her that everyone in the multiverse is going to know that the Third Conquest has been reignited and everyone will know it's her fault.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Pureauthor posted:

I wonder if the greater torture would be for Mottom to leave Allison alive and bleeding out on the floor, but only after telling her that everyone in the multiverse is going to know that the Third Conquest has been reignited and everyone will know it's her fault.

Given that of all the characters in the comic Allison cares about that/understands what it means least of anyone that'd be a pretty dumb torture

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Pureauthor posted:

While a villainous ice burn makes for a dramatic bookend, it's probably not going to have much impact on Allison's internal thought process.

Allison's Internal Thought Process posted:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Dartonus
Apr 1, 2011

It only gets worse from here on in...
Mottom's gonna get all ready to taunt Allison, Allison's gonna work up the resolve needed to blink outta there at the last second with the key of kings, and Mottom will be incredibly pissed.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
Technically Allison is one step short of totally omnipotent, the degree to which this actually affects her is the degree to which she lets it.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
Looks like Team White Chain's blasting off again! *DING*

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Boogaleeboo posted:

Technically Allison is one step short of totally omnipotent, the degree to which this actually affects her is the degree to which she lets it.

Well, that or COMPELS IT SO ON THE ANVIL OF HER MIGHTY WILL

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Props to White Chain for taking a shot at one of the demiurges without hesitation; I guess now we know why she's up to 82 incarnations.

Lights
Dec 9, 2007

Lights, the Peacock King, First of His Name.

Gnome de plume posted:

Looks like Team White Chain's blasting off again! *DING*

83 Denounce The Evils of Truth and Love

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde
Mottom walks upto her, thanks her for the newfound freedom, then whispers perish.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
She still has Jagganoth to worry about, so I really have no clue what we're about to witness.

Ham Cheeks
Nov 18, 2012

Feeling hammy
The proper outcome when Mottom dies is that her corpse sprouts into a huge testicle tree that anchors her tilted teacup island to the ground and that the rubes below can eat from for eternal life. Maybe White Chain can be exploded above the island to show that the tea is ready.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

we're supposed to be coming up on the end of this book right?

RolandTower
Nov 19, 2003

Guns n' Roses n' Deus Ex Machina
Bleak Gremlin

Bell_ posted:

She still has Jagganoth to worry about, so I really have no clue what we're about to witness.

My guess is either

"This is no longer a request, you WILL take my power and related suffering"

Or

"The demiurges still need unity to deal with Jaggnoth so I won't kill you and trigger the end of the universe but I'm gonna stab your eye and leave you stuck in this tree until you figure out how to magic power your way out of it"

Or Allison unwittingly unlocks her next power level and un-trees herself

RolandTower
Nov 19, 2003

Guns n' Roses n' Deus Ex Machina
Bleak Gremlin
Or Allison becomes a quad amputee and it becomes a touching story about her overcoming her handicap

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Bell_ posted:

"I've taken your advice to heart, and as such I am going to split open your skull to steal your power, and then use that power to arm-wrestle Jagganoth."

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
"poo poo, sorry, forgot to ask for your number. Can we do this again sometime?"

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
To be fair killing Alison now won't solve her problems, she is already dead since Alison blew up her immortality tree.

Although she's now probably on the look out for a replacement~

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Nadia Om just wants her dress back.

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy
I'm kinda hoping Allison ports herself right back into the middle of her roommates.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

PFlats posted:

I'm kinda hoping Allison ports herself right back into the middle of her roommates.

I was hoping for that to happen too, preferably along with 82 White Chain for maximum hilarity.

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
And they assume White Chain is protesting female specific nudity laws?

Wait, I forgot. White Chain is sort of closeted trans right? because my stupid idea for situational comedy hinges on that and I haven slept at all, so I have decided unwisely to proclaim all of this and to led everyone else sort out what is what.

Apologies in advance,

TheChosenOne

PS how has anyone ever gotten post and reply mixed up besides the wording? and surely they would notice once the interface comes up, and just back out of it. The same question goes for those who say reply does not equal quote.

PPS I wonder if anyone has ever used an old post in a long thread to store something for a info easter egg hunt.

thechosenone fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Sep 18, 2016

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Kinda sorta, although I don't know how closeted she is about it. Angels are theoretically genderless and theoretically her sin is actually feeling like she has a gender and expressing it, but the others seem to have decided to be and present and refer to themselves as male by default and they claim the issue is her having gender but it kinda feels more that the issue is that she's being female.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

It's like that one episode of TNG where Riker bangs that agendered alien and xir society punishes xir for it.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

pseudorandom name posted:

It's like that one episode of TNG where Riker bangs that agendered alien and xir society punishes xir for it.
The one that lost literally all the subtext because they had the alien played by a lady?

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

MikeJF posted:

Kinda sorta, although I don't know how closeted she is about it. Angels are theoretically genderless and theoretically her sin is actually feeling like she has a gender and expressing it, but the others seem to have decided to be and present and refer to themselves as male by default and they claim the issue is her having gender but it kinda feels more that the issue is that she's being female.

more specifically her crime seems to be growing too attached to mortal form. i dont know if its so much the fact that she feels feminine as the fact that she feels human. reaction among the other angels seems to range from bemusement at the follies of youth, to disgust.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

RolandTower posted:

Or Allison becomes a quad amputee and it becomes a touching story about her overcoming her handicap

There's actually a french comic about a kid with no arms or legs kicking rear end with psychic powers: Alef-Thau. It's part of that wave of weird sci-fi comics that started in the 70s/80s like the Incal.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

MonsieurChoc posted:

There's actually a french comic about a kid with no arms or legs kicking rear end with psychic powers: Alef-Thau. It's part of that wave of weird sci-fi comics that started in the 70s/80s like the Incal.

French comics are crazy. When I was a teenager I read a whole bunch that got translated to Danish that I found in my library like Darkmoon Chronicles, Meta Barons, Wake, Gipsy and a bunch of others I don't remember. I have tried on and off to find them online but most of them are out of print which is sad.

Fudge Handsome
Jan 29, 2011

Shall we do it?

MikeJF posted:

Didn't angels spring from the male side YISUN, too? I thought that was why they present as male.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
The craziest French comics were written either by a Chilean of Ukrainian origin, Alejandro Jodorowsky, or by the Bosnian/Slovak Enki Bilal. Still got some pure French craziness like Druillet or the great Giraud (Moebius).

Fun fact about the Black Moon Chronicles: one of the authors, Froideval, is responsible for the Tarrasque monster in D&D. If you read the BMC, you'll totally get the feeling that these people are the player characters in exactly the kind of crazy D&D campaign where the DM has to invent overpowered bullshit monsters such as the Tarrasque. Though I'm most fond of his 666 series which is just exceedingly silly.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Speaking of crazy French comics, is there a thread for locating comics you don't remember the name of? There was one series I read about a generic hero guy, an old man and his two magical daughters going on adventures with their pet troll.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Fudge Handsome posted:

Didn't angels spring from the male side YISUN, too? I thought that was why they present as male.

I'm sure 2 Michael would present that as a justification for the insistence on masculine pronouns, yeah. Personally I don't buy it.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Demiurge4 posted:

Speaking of crazy French comics, is there a thread for locating comics you don't remember the name of? There was one series I read about a generic hero guy, an old man and his two magical daughters going on adventures with their pet troll.

Lanfeust de Troy?

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Cat Mattress posted:

Lanfeust de Troy?

Spot on, cheers!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Renaissance Robot posted:

I'm sure 2 Michael would present that as a justification for the insistence on masculine pronouns, yeah. Personally I don't buy it.

He thinks that it's disgusting for them to even have a gender, or a form in general.