Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!

s.i.r.e. posted:

It feels cheap as poo poo but it's fantastic once you get used to it. Also there's no better controller for shooters if you're dumb enough to play shooters on controllers.

no, its awful, and standard two stick controls work really well lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Catwoman 2 will be an NX launch title.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Just release animal crossing for it and be done with it.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

a.lo posted:

Just release animal crossing for it and be done with it.
Animal JiNXing.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

EmmyOk posted:

It doesn't have wifi but it got the date correct and is only 13 minutes off the correct time, what the gently caress.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Stux posted:

no, its awful, and standard two stick controls work really well lmao

They're great... for casuals. heh.

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT

how is someone just now discovering this

the guy running linux is surprised that things have clocks in them

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
So we got a release date before we even know what this thing is or the name of it? Actually I guess it's not that surprising.

If this thing is actually coming out at the beginning of March, wouldn't that mean they would start manufacturing these things pretty soon?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

EmmyOk posted:

The save data is as follows

Star Fox Adventures
Catwoman TM
BAtman Begins
Legends of Wrestling 2
Smuggler's Run Warzones
Spnic Mega Collection
Mario Sunshine

It doesn't have wifi but it got the date correct and is only 13 minutes off the correct time, what the gently caress.

Spnic gptta gp fast

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

whaley posted:

how is someone just now discovering this

the guy running linux is surprised that things have clocks in them

Everytime I turned on my PSP it'd have reverted back to 2008 or whatever.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

...and yet Pokemon Gold/Silver could keep track of the time despite just being a game boy color cartridge.

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

katkillad2 posted:

So we got a release date before we even know what this thing is or the name of it? Actually I guess it's not that surprising.

If this thing is actually coming out at the beginning of March, wouldn't that mean they would start manufacturing these things pretty soon?

Eagle eyed people have pointed out that, since March 4 is a Saturday, and also March 4 2016 was the release date of twilight princess hd, this is more likely a result of copypasted info than a leak of the actual NX/Botw release date. The Wii, Wii U, and 3DS all had Sunday releases, at least in NA.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Apparently Nintendo does release stuff on Saturdas in UK

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

s.i.r.e. posted:

They're great... for casuals. heh.

Well of course they are casuals since they are playing FPS games on a console

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Going to go out on a limb here and say that the NX will have an RTC and be able to keep time when you turn it off.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Great Joe posted:

...and yet Pokemon Gold/Silver could keep track of the time despite just being a game boy color cartridge.

...and yet a sundial could keep track of the time despite being literally a shadow

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

...and yet a sundial could keep track of the time despite being literally a shadow

Not at night. Or if someone bumps it.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

the linear passage of time is a side-effect of the illusionary world of maya

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

It's about time to start making sense of the NX.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Monday is my anniversary. If Nintendo doesn't announce the NX then, it'll be ruined.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Monday is my anniversary. If Nintendo doesn't announce the NX then, it'll be ruined.

Hate to break it to you, but the NX won't be announced by Monday because it's busy having an affair with your lover.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

I didn't know consoles, by law, had to be sold on the weekends in Japan?

Decus
Feb 24, 2013
A bunch of people cut school and work to buy dragon quest one time so...

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Decus posted:

A bunch of people cut school and work to buy dragon quest one time so...

Those people are cool

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Al-Saqr posted:

Hate to break it to you, but the NX won't be announced by Monday because it's busy having an affair with your lover.

I don't see it that way. I think my girlfriend is just trying to get info on the NX for me.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Instant Sunrise posted:

yeah but if i wanted to use a real gamecube i'd have to pay way too much for component cables or else use a really ugly looking HDMI hack (assuming i got a gamecube with a digital out port)

nintendont on a wii u is the same as playing on a real gamecube except no game boy player and you can use the Wii U's HDMI out.

But also no GBA link cable, which means no Four Swords Adventures or Crystal Chronicles or Pac-Man Vs., which are like 75% of the reason to own a gamecube in the first place.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I don't see it that way. I think my girlfriend is just trying to get info on the NX for me.

why would you do that to her? what did she ever do to you?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

a.lo posted:

why would you do that to her? what did she ever do to you?

She's making her own choices! Besides, I can't think of a better gift for the occasion. News about a video game machine.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
It's nothing

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

bloodychill posted:

It's nothing

and everything

AfroGunsou
Dec 8, 2009

:yeah:
its me

Ronnie
May 13, 2009

Just in case.
EDIT - WRONG loving THREAD RONNIE!

Ronnie fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Sep 18, 2016

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Ronnie posted:

Hi it's me Nintendo and I heard you want us to publish your game on our Nintendo Entertainment System?

That's great! Just follow this procedure and we'll get your game on the biggest console of the 80's.

Step 1: Pitch your game idea to us, we decide if it is good enough for our superior console and brand image.

Step 2: Purchase a licence and our dev kit to make said game.

Step 3: Sign a contract that only allows you to make 5 games a year, you get 20% of the profits made from the game, we own the rights to the IP and you can't make the game for any of our competitors, if you break these rules then we cease all action and black list you from the industry.

Step 4: Buy the cartridges from us, their is a chip shortage so you only get a set amount of cartridges FYI this will be lower than our own titles so we get to sell more copies of our own games.

Step 5: Post copies of your games to us for final assessment, if we demand changes you have to make them and then once changes made send the game back to us. If we find more issues we repeat the process, this will be at your expense

Step 6: Market the game yourself. Our highly conservative Japanese managers have backgrounds in engineering and don't understand the importance of marketing and promotion.

Follow these regulations and we'll allow you to put a fancy gold logo on the game case stating we have approved of this game. Isn't that nice of us? (The logo printing will be paid by yourselves.)

let's-a go !!

Electromax
May 6, 2007
Step 7: live on in the hearts of children forever

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

:same:

Randumb Thots
Apr 5, 2015

Nonsense posted:

I didn't know consoles, by law, had to be sold on the weekends in Japan?

Yeah, the post-WW2 Allied occupation really hosed that place over in more ways than you realize.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Douglas MacArthur: let's make them sell video game consoles only on the weekends, and also have really weird open/close hours

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Really Woodrow Wilson invented anime if you think about it.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

greatn posted:

Really Woodrow Wilson invented anime if you think about it.

that's another reason why anime is bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
The NX will be announced the day it is "released" because it's actually not a product but rather a state of being

• Locked thread