Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

oatgan posted:

Couple names missing here

reading comprehension is not a strong suit for me okay :mad:

(Thanks for pointing that out but that's a weird stable they've got, huh?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

dordreff posted:

Technically Swann is also from NXT, despite having I think one tv appearance 6 months ago. The point was to bring in new people and get them known before the Cruiserweight division starts on Raw. If they just brought in, say, Jack Gallagher and had him wrestle Neville people would just wonder who this Vaudevillain looking jobber is, whereas now they can say "oh he's the guy who got to the third round of the CWC, here's some clips" and people suddenly (theoretically) care about the match. They've already got that recognition for the Raw and NXT guys, so they don't need them to be in the CWC.

Yea I mean that is what I expected, I guess I was just wondering if there was some absurd kayfabe reason since those are stupid/fun for why Neville wasnt invite and is now feuding with TJP or someone for the title.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Neville was also out injured when the CWC began taping

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

abraham linksys posted:

so this is a relatively minor spoiler, but we now know who Sanity is: Alexander Wolfe & Sawyer Fulton. bit of a letdown

I fully expected to read the words "the new Ascension" in those tags.

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian
If they treat them well and have a really good plan around their character development and keep them really focused on their character the Mad Max Fury Road stuff could get over and people would like it.

If they half rear end it it will come off absolutely ridiculous and Full Sail will poo poo on it really badly.

So basically The Ascension at Full Sail or The Ascension in the WWE.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Why Does WWE Keep Ripping Off Impact Wrestling.

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

rovert posted:

Again the NXT tapings are tonight.

Right so key dates:

The next WWE tryout: September 28-30th.
The start for the next NXT class: October 18
The Women's tournament start: January and February 2017
CWC 2: May until July 2017

If it were me I'd have the CWC finals Summerslam weekend. I'd think they could easily sell out Barclays Center on a Friday night with all the fans in town. They could probably pay for the entire tournament.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

MacDougall posted:

If they treat them well and have a really good plan around their character development and keep them really focused on their character the Mad Max Fury Road stuff could get over and people would like it.

If they half rear end it it will come off absolutely ridiculous and Full Sail will poo poo on it really badly.

So basically The Ascension at Full Sail or The Ascension in the WWE.

Or they'll keep them together when they get called up and The Ascension will join them anyway. Or they'll join The Ascension, since their whole "wasteland" thing already exists.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Cavauro posted:

Why Does WWE Keep Ripping Off Impact Wrestling.

good question. at least they improve on it in nxt, on raw they do an inferior pastiche

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

I'm driving with my mind!
Is WWE even ripping off TNA? I mean, the whole "mentor and pupil eventually clash" thing has been going on for wrestling for decades, even since Zbyzsko and Sammartino fought. The Wyatt Compound thing was established even before Bray debuted but I'll agree that it was obvious they did it in response to Final Deletion.

I can point to a lot more instances of TNA ripping off WWE than vice versa, but I guess people just like to talk about the bigger company stealing from the smaller one.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Those tag matches are gonna own.

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

I would have gone tonight since I live in Des Moines, but I had no one to go with and I'd rather not go on my own.

Sad times, man

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I'm so glad they seem to be positioning Roode to be the next champion, that's gonna rule.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

AMReese posted:

Is WWE even ripping off TNA? I mean, the whole "mentor and pupil eventually clash" thing has been going on for wrestling for decades, even since Zbyzsko and Sammartino fought. The Wyatt Compound thing was established even before Bray debuted but I'll agree that it was obvious they did it in response to Final Deletion.

I can point to a lot more instances of TNA ripping off WWE than vice versa, but I guess people just like to talk about the bigger company stealing from the smaller one.

Sometimes there are jokes on this here comedy forum

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

The reason I didn't ask "Why is the less successful company ripping off the more successful one" is because I once did this and was called a piece of poo poo moron who can't reason at all by my father. and he beat me in the face and neck for a long time

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Life is hard as hell some times

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Hope the Baltimore show is similar. That looks like a fun card!

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Cavauro posted:

The reason I didn't ask "Why is the less successful company ripping off the more successful one" is because I once did this and was called a piece of poo poo moron who can't reason at all by my father. and he beat me in the face and neck for a long time

...Shane?

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..

Jerusalem posted:

I'm so glad they seem to be positioning Roode to be the next champion, that's gonna rule.

I think he's just going to be a challenger but i guess it depends how soon they want to call Nakamura up.

From what I've seen Roode seems like a completely boring worker so I'm not really looking forward to that. He's really lucky he got that entrance music.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I hope the singalong stops or at least lessens if Nakamura gets called up. I'd mind it much less if Full Sail could carry a goddamn tune, but it's like they're determined to go off key immediately.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

No Cedrick and no Garchomp :smith:

(I know Johnny just got married I just really wanted to see them)

Kinda shocked that they're running Asuka and Ember Moon already though.

e: does anyone know how quickly those posters usually sell out? I want to make sure to nab one.

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Sep 18, 2016

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/SoDuTw/status/777344076714827776

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
i hope the tag team of No Way Jose and Shinsuke Nakamura are in the Dusty classic

ToiletofSadness
Mar 27, 2010

I suppose you're pointing out how TM61 don't really belong with the rest of that group in the 6-man tag? TM61 is okay, but they did blow their hot tag in the match. Whichever TM61 member (the one with the shorter hair) took the tag was out of position for a couple of his spots.

I happened to attend this show tonight and was super-excited to be able to see Joe and Nakamura wrestle in real life, even though they only worked a small part of the match. Joe is just so goddamn impressive in person. He threw some of the stiffest and loudest chops I've ever heard and his in-ring intensity is amazing. Revival are also obviously excellent.

Also Ember's flying stunner is loving cool as hell.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

put itami+tm61 in the roh trios tournament please

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

How did Tino look? Seems like he is getting more work in front of crowds. As for the posters, it probably varies by show. For Indy I think only the signed ones sold out, but it was a tiny show.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Eltoasto posted:

How did Tino look? Seems like he is getting more work in front of crowds. As for the posters, it probably varies by show. For Indy I think only the signed ones sold out, but it was a tiny show.

How much were they?

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

Super No Vacancy posted:

put itami+tm61 in the roh trios tournament please
After they teased Itami and TM61 when TM61 were first being mentioned to go to NXT, I'm surprised they haven't put them together at least on TV.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

IcePhoenix posted:

No Cedrick and no Garchomp :smith:

(I know Johnny just got married I just really wanted to see them)

Kinda shocked that they're running Asuka and Ember Moon already though.

e: does anyone know how quickly those posters usually sell out? I want to make sure to nab one.

Cedric is doing the Florida NXT house shows.

ToiletofSadness posted:

I suppose you're pointing out how TM61 don't really belong with the rest of that group in the 6-man tag? TM61 is okay, but they did blow their hot tag in the match. Whichever TM61 member (the one with the shorter hair) took the tag was out of position for a couple of his spots.

I happened to attend this show tonight and was super-excited to be able to see Joe and Nakamura wrestle in real life, even though they only worked a small part of the match. Joe is just so goddamn impressive in person. He threw some of the stiffest and loudest chops I've ever heard and his in-ring intensity is amazing. Revival are also obviously excellent.

Also Ember's flying stunner is loving cool as hell.

He probably meant that Main event looked stacked.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

IcePhoenix posted:

How much were they?

Ehhhh unsigned was $25 and i forget what the signed ones were, I think $75 or so.

ToiletofSadness
Mar 27, 2010

Eltoasto posted:

Still green, to be honest. He can work the basic WWE-style match, but he's not particular good at it. He did have one impressive move: Dillinger did a springboard and Tino caught him with a sharp-looking powerslam.

KungFu Grip posted:

He probably meant that Main event looked stacked.
Been lurking this forum for years, and I still can't parse rovert-bot. That's a fair interpretation too. It was a really fun match.

edit: forgot to mention the best part: for some reason (not sure if the show undersold or they didn't have enough room for the originally-planned seating layout), my seat got moved to second row on the floor.

ToiletofSadness fucked around with this message at 07:01 on Sep 18, 2016

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Spermgod posted:

I think he's just going to be a challenger but i guess it depends how soon they want to call Nakamura up.

From what I've seen Roode seems like a completely boring worker so I'm not really looking forward to that. He's really lucky he got that entrance music.
Roode is an oldschool Heel like Triple H is, which is why it's always a shame when he's not in a tag-team or a faction that can play around him.

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

There's a reason why people call Roode "Triple H Lite"

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

At some point they should really pair him with a couple of other underutilised heels and form a faction called the Roode Boys

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Long as they steal Dalton Castle's gimmick alongside it I'm 200% for that happening

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Venomous posted:

At some point they should really pair him with a couple of other underutilised heels and form a faction called the Roode Boys
This name would also work in a tag team with Sami Zayn.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/WrestlingInc/status/777538504272273408

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

I saw that headline and thought "bull dempsey" and was pleased when I read the article

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Remember when Bull said that indie fans didn't like him because they perceived him as 'a TV guy' and then somebody pointed out to him that he never made actual television before getting fired

• Locked thread