Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Philosopher King
Oct 25, 2006
So what am I doing wrong to make puppet not work on PS4?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philosopher King
Oct 25, 2006
Why does everyone love gwent so much? Maybe i dont see the point? Someone compared it to being as good as hearthstone but it doesnt seem like theres much strategy involved as much as having better cards

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

i literally used cheat engine to win gwent every time.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Philosopher King posted:

So what am I doing wrong to make puppet not work on PS4?

Make sure to equip the skill, and instead if just rapping the button to cast, hold the button down.

Philosopher King
Oct 25, 2006
Done and done. Still isnt working. Will guards not attack each other?

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Philosopher King posted:

Why does everyone love gwent so much? Maybe i dont see the point? Someone compared it to being as good as hearthstone but it doesnt seem like theres much strategy involved as much as having better cards

I don't like gwent, but it was interesting from a gameplay standpoint because it's all about bluffing. You're trying to get your opponent to waste their cards, by wasting yours...it's like a game of chicken many times.

It's a game about sacrifice.

dud root
Mar 30, 2008
Just nabbed a witcher stamp on ebay. "souvenir sheet" seems to be used instead of stamp for the description

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

You can order your Witcher stamps from the polish Post Office online:

http://filatelistyka.poczta-polska.pl/sklep_en/poczta,witamy

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

dud root posted:

Just nabbed a witcher stamp on ebay. "souvenir sheet" seems to be used instead of stamp for the description
It's probably because you get the stamp in this form:

If you ever want to use the stamp you have to first rip it out of that sheet.

Just so people know, they also released an envelope with the Witcher stamp already printed on it:

It's a separate thing.

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

I'll be at the post office on monday, if available I'll get some.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
If you're into nerd dolls, this is pretty neat:

More photos and a link to order for a mere $769 here:

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-geralt-of-rivia-prime-1-studio-902851/

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Holy poo poo you guys.

This is what southern France actually looks like:

I thought they had to be exaggerating the coloring.

Note the Elven bridge in the background.

StoneOfShame
Jul 28, 2013

This is the best kitchen ever.
Southern France is beautiful and also has the best food and drink in the world, I would do a Geralt and retire there.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

As an Australian, the idea that those are real shades of green used by nature is just wrong and unsettling.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
It's the water that gets me. The only rivers I've ever seen have been murky as gently caress.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

It's the water that gets me. The only rivers I've ever seen have been murky as gently caress.

My city's river is a fine, naturally coloured river that doesn't need to abide by society's unrealistic beauty standards. :colbert:

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
At least the Yarra doesn't have loving sharks in it like Brisbane's.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Arglebargle III posted:

This is what southern France actually looks like:

Well that's just not fair :stare:

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

I mean, there has to be a mod that switches all the Redania banners for Geralt's version, right? I can't seem to find it.

Zooloo
Mar 30, 2003

just wanted to make you something beautiful
So I finally got around to enjoying and beating the Witcher 2, and it was amazing. The combat was a blast. The story was awesome. Did Iorveth's path. Freed Saskia. Probably won't go back and side with Roche because I want to move onto the alleged best game in the series now.

My question before I finally start the Witcher 3 is, what difficulty?

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

Zoolooman posted:

So I finally got around to enjoying and beating the Witcher 2, and it was amazing. The combat was a blast. The story was awesome. Did Iorveth's path. Freed Saskia. Probably won't go back and side with Roche because I want to move onto the alleged best game in the series now.

Deathmarch.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

That's not a bug, that's a feature.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Zoolooman posted:

I really do recommend trying out Roche's path (I also did Iorveth first, end up far preferring Roche) just to experience how different Act 2 is and also the different perspective on Act 3 - it's still pretty impressive what they did with it but after you've played Witcher 3 you'll probably struggle to go back to the second game.

I always suggest your first time playing a game should probably be on the normal difficulty so you don't get overwhelmed early by the difficulty curve. If you really dig the game but find it too easy you can always up the difficulty at any point, and if you're Achievement minded then you can crank up to the hardest difficulty for New Game plus and just rush through the main storyline fairly quickly.

Zooloo
Mar 30, 2003

Jerusalem posted:

I really do recommend trying out Roche's path (I also did Iorveth first, end up far preferring Roche) just to experience how different Act 2 is and also the different perspective on Act 3 - it's still pretty impressive what they did with it but after you've played Witcher 3 you'll probably struggle to go back to the second game.

I always suggest your first time playing a game should probably be on the normal difficulty so you don't get overwhelmed early by the difficulty curve. If you really dig the game but find it too easy you can always up the difficulty at any point, and if you're Achievement minded then you can crank up to the hardest difficulty for New Game plus and just rush through the main storyline fairly quickly.

Is it really worth going through and spending another chunk of time to finish Roche's path? If so, I can go through it fast on normal difficulty I'm sure. Running through Iorveth's tale and saving Saskia seemed pretty badass and fitting for my "canon" run into Witcher 3 though.

I read some articles which suggested that Witcher 3, like Witcher 2 and 1, has the issue where bombs, traps and alchemy mean nothing unless you run on the highest difficulty.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Nilfgardian detected.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
I tried to do an Iorveth run which I never completed, because of this stupid dwarf town.

It was my Geralt-with-tattoo run too :ohdear:

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

Zoolooman posted:

Is it really worth going through and spending another chunk of time to finish Roche's path? If so, I can go through it fast on normal difficulty I'm sure. Running through Iorveth's tale and saving Saskia seemed pretty badass and fitting for my "canon" run into Witcher 3 though.

I read some articles which suggested that Witcher 3, like Witcher 2 and 1, has the issue where bombs, traps and alchemy mean nothing unless you run on the highest difficulty.

Play Witcher 3 on Blood and Broken Bones, the 'Hard' difficulty. All the extra stuff is meaningful then but it's not too difficult for a new player, which I think Death March would be - I think B&BB feels more or less equivalent to Normal difficulty in Witcher 2 actually. If you find it too easy you can bump it up midgame.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Just play Death March. It's not actually that hard, it just forces you to care about signs potions and bombs and other things that contribute to the fantasy of being a Witcher instead of just mashing quick attacks.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Zoolooman posted:

For me Roche's path delved a little more deeply into the politics side of things as opposed to the war/rebellion on Iorveth's side. I found that really interesting plus Roche is cool as gently caress :c00l:

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Zoolooman posted:

i am playing through on normal/normal and now that i'm nearly finished it is, in fact, pretty fuckin' easy.

however, for the main bulk of the game, bombs, signs and alchemy kept me from getting slaughtered, and i often found myself preparing for quests that were a couple levels above my grade by seeking out better crafting diagrams for powerful bombs/oils

the thing i barely ever used except when mandated (or to bring down fliers) was the crossbow. what's the point of doing like 16 damage to things even with special super explodey or bleedy bolts?

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I didn't even bother with the crossbow for fliers. Just Axii the fucker out of the sky, much easier.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Playing through this game, I really feel like the people of Velen would've taken a good look at the advantages of cremation.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

MikeJF posted:

Playing through this game, I really feel like the people of Velen would've taken a good look at the advantages of cremation.

There is one quest for that :eng101:

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

There is one quest for that :eng101:

With me and the igni sign, there's a lot of quests for that. :flame:

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

Zoolooman posted:

You can adjust the difficulty at any time it seems, to start on death march for those sweet swag cheevos and drop down if you're struggling hard.

The Mantis
Jul 19, 2004

what is yall sayin?
should i play this game or what

i never did pick it up

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

The Mantis posted:

should i play this game or what

i never did pick it up

do you like story-driven RPGs, have you played any of the earlier Witcher games?

if yes to either, definitely get it

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
It's a great game. Pick it up.

The only caveat I'd put on that is that if you've played the Souls games the combat might annoy you. Still would recommend it.

The Mantis
Jul 19, 2004

what is yall sayin?

Pellisworth posted:

do you like story-driven RPGs, have you played any of the earlier Witcher games?

if yes to either, definitely get it

okey dokey

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zooloo
Mar 30, 2003

Gamerofthegame posted:

You can adjust the difficulty at any time it seems, to start on death march for those sweet swag cheevos and drop down if you're struggling hard.

Less worried about achievements and more about having to use the Witcher tools. :3