Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

If you even try to throw to my side of the field in a dream, you better wake up and apologize.

Big Mean Jerk posted:

:krad:

I really need to read Dr Strange

There is an omnibus of the entire Ditko/Lee run of Dr. Strange this week.

http://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/MAR160921 - Alex Ross Cover

http://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/MAR160922 - Ditko Cover

I'm going with the Ditko cover. :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I don't see how there's any other choice really. Alex Ross' typical pompous bullshit or Steve Ditko running at his peak in his element.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I'll probably get the Alex Ross version because it's $20 cheaper on Amazon.

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

If you even try to throw to my side of the field in a dream, you better wake up and apologize.

Roth posted:

I'll probably get the Alex Ross version because it's $20 cheaper on Amazon.

Pretty much all of the Marvel/DC omnibuses on InStockTrades are 50% off the first week they come out, so it should be around $37.50 for it based off the $75 MSRP.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Cactus Jack posted:

Pretty much all of the Marvel/DC omnibuses on InStockTrades are 50% off the first week they come out, so it should be around $37.50 for it based off the $75 MSRP.

Oh good, now I can get the cover I want, as well having a new source to buy trades from other than Amazon.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

mind the walrus posted:

Goggles guy on the left is the best for the total shock and awe reaction, like Spiderman's denial of bootyliciousness is as shocking as him pulling out the ultimate nullifier. Everyone else is just "what is this bullshit?"

Lockjaw just looks more like he's disappointed to me.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Skwirl posted:

Dammit, you're right, I don't think the second thing is real though and Dr. Strange doesn't rhyme.

EdibleBodyParts
Dec 27, 2005
Body Parts...that are edible

Skwirl posted:

Seattle has an actual superhero, and by actual superhero I mean mediocre MMA douchebag in a mask who picks fights with drunks.

Which is good, because the Marvel universe has Namor stopping someone shipping furs to Seattle from Alaska in 1942 and Cap and Bucky stopping the Bronze Savages in 1945. We are pretty boring in 616, it seems.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

David D. Davidson posted:

Lockjaw just looks more like he's disappointed to me.

That's their secret: bulldogs are always disappointed.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Doc Hawkins posted:

That's their secret: bulldogs are always disappointed.

I don't know about disappointed, but certainly resigned. Unlike my pug, whose lot in life is to be in equal parts worries and confused, but in a spectacularly dumb way. Man, we really bred some dogs from every last inch of the shallow end of the gene pool.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

So....who is the guy who took the cab?

Loving that the cabbie just didn't care and started spouting off random names, hah.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Yeah that's a p. ballsy cabbie to openly gently caress with the guy like that.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

prefect posted:

I could swear they had the Silversmith in Boston in an issue of Astro City.

And Invincible's Wonder Woman lived up here before her untimely end.

DC's Wonder Woman was based in Boston for a while too, starting in the Perez run.

I'm in the DC suburbs, which means I get all the sinister government agencies -- SHIELD, Checkmate, the DEO, and Amanda Waller. Oh, and Steel was based here after he left Metropolis.

Artelier posted:

I woulda said Paladin, but Paladin's costume includes goggles.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

It looks a little like Constrictor maybe?

Oh God, we are ALL that cabbie.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Artelier posted:

I think that's Paladin from the Abnett/Lanning Heroes for Hire run.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Yeah it's gotta be Paladin

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I don't know where else to put this. :(

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

Wanderer posted:

He is being totally disappointed and sarcastic about it. That panel's from the start of an old Marvel Graphic Novel that begins with Thor feeling intensely depressed and borderline contemptuous of mortal society.

I couldn't get too far into it.

That should have been a Team-Up with Namor so they could gripe about dogs and barrels and creamsicles... until they find that Namor *adores* the frozen treats, while Thor admits that dogs and barrels, specifically dogs *with* barrels, are deserving of the utmost respect and honor.

And then they embark on a quest to Drink Canada Dry.

Unrelated:

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Ygolonac posted:

Unrelated:

Surely Namor's biology should mean he wouldn't get all wrinkled like that when he went in the sea? :v:

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

You've heard of Swamp Thing, now meet Beef Jerky Thing.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Wanderer posted:

I think that's Paladin from the Abnett/Lanning Heroes for Hire run.
You're good.

Honestly I'm surprised how many people could call him out considering he's lucky if he's even c-list.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Is he getting his own book this fall? Like Solo and Prowler?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Ghostlight posted:

You're good.

Honestly I'm surprised how many people could call him out considering he's lucky if he's even c-list.

Yeah but he used to show up in Spider-Man comics so he's got that exposure going for him.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

I'm mostly familiar with him from when he and Cap were almost lady-fied.

Dario the Wop
Oct 11, 2007

Hell-Sent, Heaven-Bent
Everyone forgets Paladin shot Daredevil leading directly to his arrest at the very end of Bendis' run. Poor c-list bastard.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
Paladin was almost-dating Wasp when Avengers Mansion got besieged by the Masters of Evil, and he was there to help fight back. That's something.

prefect fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Sep 18, 2016

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I always liked Paladin and I can't for the life of me tell you why or tell you anything super interesting about him. But he tries, ok.

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

"...for you, it is all over...!"

Ygolonac posted:

And then they embark on a quest to Drink Canada Dry.
?????

?????

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

It's better than Schweppes.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

BROCK LESBIAN posted:

I always liked Paladin and I can't for the life of me tell you why or tell you anything super interesting about him. But he tries, ok.

Well that's it. He's Hawkeye without the swagger and come-from-behind confidence.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

mind the walrus posted:

Well that's it. He's Hawkeye without the swagger and come-from-behind confidence.

Or the pathos.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Lurdiak posted:

Or the pathos.

Or the occasional competence.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Skwirl posted:

Or the occasional competence.

He gets more competent if he's being a huge dick that issue, weirdly enough.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

That's from the Marvel Adventures version of Infinity Gauntlet right? I love that story.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
Shouldn't that be, "Doom made sandwiches"?

Or doomwiches. Doom's own invention for an easy to make meal on the go.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Doom did that knowing people would be suspicious just to make them look like jackasses.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Gnome de plume posted:

Or doomwiches. Doom's own invention for an easy to make meal on the go.

"Victor, those are sandwiches"

"DOOMWICHES ARE AN ORIGINAL LATVERIAN CREATION AND DOOM WILL HEAR NO ARGUMENT OTHERWISE" :doom:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

prefect posted:

Paladin was almost-dating Wasp when Avengers Mansion got besieged by the Masters of Evil, and he was there to help fight back. That's something.

Yeah, Paladin dated Wasp for a while but she eventually ditched him to go back to Pym. That's probably the closest he's actually gotten to an A-lister.