Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes

ShootaBoy posted:

Well you're already halfway there since you reformed, but now you need to get Legalism built up and you need to go feudal. To go feudal you need to have a stone hillfort in your capital, so start building that up. Once you've got that you should be able to go feudal, but be warned, going feudal will make you weak for a while, since all your vassals will still be tribal and your own levies will be decimated by the switch.

Your levies should be fine as of either 2.5.2 or 2.6, I forget which, but if you are playing with the current version you should have full levies after switching.

Thanks, Jazerus, for the CK2+ infos. While I am looking for things to steal, I saw that "more decisions visible" UI mod a few pages back. It's a good idea. Anyone that feels like answering: What other UI tweaks would help you play? I have my own list which I am slowly trying to add in, but more to think about could not hurt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Chexoid posted:

That's one eyed, one legged, one handed, and disfigured. Some guys got no luck.

Tell me why One-legged gives +1 Learning, please.

Also please tell me how to get rid of the 4250 event spawned raiders who are constantly raiding Samarkand and burning down my Silk Road trade posts. For some reason they hit mine but completely ignore the one between them that is owned by another family.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes
Lacking a leg you sit about and talk/read more than able bodied dudes.

If you defeat the raiders they are blocked from raiding you for 5 years. Perhaps the other family already did?

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

YouTuber posted:

I refuse to believe this actually existed as it does on the map. There is no way a loving peasant would be able to figure that shitshow out. They'd naturally have gravitated towards each other as power always consolidates.

There's a reason why every king ever tried to centralize power.

e: The mighty German Empire:

BravestOfTheLamps fucked around with this message at 10:33 on Sep 18, 2016

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Darkrenown posted:

Your levies should be fine as of either 2.5.2 or 2.6, I forget which, but if you are playing with the current version you should have full levies after switching.

Thanks, Jazerus, for the CK2+ infos. While I am looking for things to steal, I saw that "more decisions visible" UI mod a few pages back. It's a good idea. Anyone that feels like answering: What other UI tweaks would help you play? I have my own list which I am slowly trying to add in, but more to think about could not hurt.

I'd love if the province window showed a detailed religion description like you get on the character screen.

The way it is now, it's really hard to get in-game info about religions not followed by holding owners.

e: Oh and it would be great if you could see the size of a defending garrison+levies before you actually started sieging. Right now garrisons and unraised holding levies are separate, so you have to do the math yourself.

ThaumPenguin fucked around with this message at 10:28 on Sep 18, 2016

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Darkrenown posted:

Lacking a leg you sit about and talk/read more than able bodied dudes.

If you defeat the raiders they are blocked from raiding you for 5 years. Perhaps the other family already did?

I doubt it, because the raiders have half again my numbers split between LC and Horse Archers and the other family is my vassal.

Oh dear me
Aug 14, 2012

I have burned numerous saucepans, sometimes right through the metal

Darkrenown posted:

What other UI tweaks would help you play?

In decreasing order of importance:

Keyboard methods of scrolling up and down in the Find character window. Up and down arrows, or Page up and down - preferably both. This would save me so much trouble!

Keyboard methods of scrolling up and down in the Ledger.

A keyboard-only method of selecting all my raised armies and/or fleets.

A 'go to this province and merge' command for armies. (Ability to set a rally point would be nice.)

A keyboard method of scrolling up and down in the message log. Maybe Ctrl-Up and Ctrl-down?

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Darkrenown posted:

Implement the same "would agree if bribed" icon in the character finder that already exists for plots.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
You mean for if they'd come to your court?

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
The "out of diplomatic range" icons in the character finder are a huge step in the right direction, but what I REALLY would dearly love is a checkbox to filter out everyone who isn't in diplomatic range so I don't see them at all.

Eric the Mauve fucked around with this message at 13:39 on Sep 18, 2016

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Is it possible to mod the game so it randomizes the first loading screen artwork instead of always showing the latest expansion?

Pompous Rhombus
Mar 11, 2007
Is there a good way to recover Ironman saves/is this a known bug?

I finally got a computer that can actually run CK2 OK, my partner and I sat down and played into the wee hours of last night.

We decided we'd have a go at an Ironman game (because we didn't really think we'd bother savescumming, just playing for fun) today, played for a couple of hours this evening and then the game crashed when I went to do "save and exit". Going back in, the earlier Ironman game we started before and abandoned is there, but not the one we were playing. Are we hosed?

zebez
Apr 27, 2008
Might be hard to solve in a nice easy way but you can definitely get so many traits it makes it hard to see them all.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

zebez posted:

Might be hard to solve in a nice easy way but you can definitely get so many traits it makes it hard to see them all.

A second row for listing all those icons would be nice. Or a wider character window, whatever.

DrPop
Aug 22, 2004

As a nomad ruler, what should I do with holdings in provinces that I conquer? Pillage then distribute to Khans/keep for myself as needed?

Also, should I pretty much always keep my Horde on the map? Should I ever dismiss it like I do feudal levies after a war is over?

Sorry first time playing a nomad in a billion hours of CK2 and it's quite different.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Parallax Scroll posted:

Is it possible to mod the game so it randomizes the first loading screen artwork instead of always showing the latest expansion?

Darkrenown, this sounds like another good addition. :)

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
A filter that lets you see which characters might be open to a matrilineal marriage might be nice, though I suppose it doesn't come up all that often.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'd like to know why so many plots, like most revoke ones, in the Intrigue menu are there but grayed out. Mousing over them says I should be able to select them, but I can't. It's confusing and frustrating.

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

I haven't seen the AI reform the Suomenusko faith before, but they did and as a result Sweden got owned (RIP).

More holy wars for me!

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

Roland Jones posted:

I'd like to know why so many plots, like most revoke ones, in the Intrigue menu are there but grayed out. Mousing over them says I should be able to select them, but I can't. It's confusing and frustrating.

Holy poo poo this. There's a mission plots, some of which are available to me for some reason, but most aren't form some other, equally inscrutable reason.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Darkrenown posted:

You mean for if they'd come to your court?

Yes. Though ideally I'd also like to see if they would come for a favour/whether they would sell one.

And very ideally I'd like to have the same for other interactions. Mainly take concubine.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Darkrenown posted:

What other UI tweaks would help you play?

Plot icons should take you to their target when clicked.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Kennel posted:

This would be fantastic, yeah.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Kennel posted:

So much this.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Kennel posted:

Also in the event when someone asks you to join a plot, there should be a link for the plot target

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

A Handed Missus posted:

I haven't seen the AI reform the Suomenusko faith before, but they did and as a result Sweden got owned (RIP).

More holy wars for me!

I wonder if they changed something in the way AI prioritizes holy sites and reforming? Germanic reformed for me in my latest game, and I'm all the way down in eastern Anatolia still trying to get the descendants of the Parthians to their old dominance. So I didn't have any influence in the area.

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow

DrPop posted:

As a nomad ruler, what should I do with holdings in provinces that I conquer? Pillage then distribute to Khans/keep for myself as needed?

Also, should I pretty much always keep my Horde on the map? Should I ever dismiss it like I do feudal levies after a war is over?

Sorry first time playing a nomad in a billion hours of CK2 and it's quite different.

Any counties with two holdings in it does not count against your land limit. Keep them! Do not keep the counts/dukes though (revoke their titles).

Keep your horde at all time. The only reason to dismiss is that you are toying with your Army composition or that you're going into heavy bankruptcy (even then, the answer is usually PILLAGE).

One last thing, some play differently, but I prefer having around 8 clans of weak power than 3 or 4 clans with stronger retinues. Eventually you then end up with about 20 owned land for 5 of their each.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Darkrenown posted:

A notification for "you have minor titles to dole out" would be nice, my commanders are always dying like flies and leaving me unprepared for war. Also steal CK+'s coronation and faction mechanics, takk.

e:

Parallax Scroll posted:

also this a thousand times

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Fuligin posted:

A notification for "you have minor titles to dole out" would be nice, my commanders are always dying like flies and leaving me unprepared for war.

Isn't there already?

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

genericnick posted:

Isn't there already?

Is there? Maybe I'm crazy and turned it off

DrPop
Aug 22, 2004

StarMinstrel posted:

Any counties with two holdings in it does not count against your land limit. Keep them! Do not keep the counts/dukes though (revoke their titles).

Keep your horde at all time. The only reason to dismiss is that you are toying with your Army composition or that you're going into heavy bankruptcy (even then, the answer is usually PILLAGE).

One last thing, some play differently, but I prefer having around 8 clans of weak power than 3 or 4 clans with stronger retinues. Eventually you then end up with about 20 owned land for 5 of their each.

Thanks!

TheCIASentMe
Jul 11, 2003

I'll get you! Just you wait and see!

Roland Jones posted:

I mean, if you gave the duchy viceroyalty out to someone, then they became vassal to a different king viceroy under you, does the duchy viceroyalty go to you still, despite them having a different direct liege?

I believe it does, yes.

Edit: That being said, when a vassal is a viceroyalty (duchy or kingdom) and they rebel. Their title immediately reverts to a non-viceroyalty title. So your viceroyal dukes who rebel under your viceroyal king will suddenly have a regular duchy title which the king can then revoke. Titles that change in this way do not turn back into viceroyal titles naturally at the end of the conflict, win or lose.

Crow Jane posted:

A filter that lets you see which characters might be open to a matrilineal marriage might be nice, though I suppose it doesn't come up all that often.

I thought the matrilineal button automatically removes candidates that won't already?

TheCIASentMe fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Sep 18, 2016

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS

Fuligin posted:

Is there? Maybe I'm crazy and turned it off
There is, but it doesn't include commanders, just court physicians, designated regents, and designated heirs, IIRC.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
It definitely includes Commanders.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Jedit posted:

Tell me why One-legged gives +1 Learning, please.

Also please tell me how to get rid of the 4250 event spawned raiders who are constantly raiding Samarkand and burning down my Silk Road trade posts. For some reason they hit mine but completely ignore the one between them that is owned by another family.

As a one legged person I can confirm that this is highly accurate.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

darthbob88 posted:

There is, but it doesn't include commanders, just court physicians, designated regents, and designated heirs, IIRC.

It does, and its even annyoning, cause 99% of the times you get the warning it is about commanders

Speaking about, how about a button to auto assign commanders based on martial skill? Its annoying to have to assign commanders every 5 minutes and almost always Im just going to choose whoever has the highest martial

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Mister Adequate posted:

I think I'm having a stroke

The west is a bit of a mess also

For a while the ERE was ruled by a Varangian who had no parents and was therefore probably created in a lab somewhere

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Would there be any way to add tiers to nicknames so we could get some of the rarer ones that would replace more generic ones when we have the traits for them? Seems like most of my Emperors get The Great or The Wise at about 10x the rate as any others. Or could we get a decision or event to try and curtail uses of nicknames? Something like "The peasantry has started referring to you as King Henry "nickname"" and you could either embrace the nickname or make it a punishable offense to use it? Give like 80% of it going away, 10% chance of it sticking anyway, and 10% chance of getting a worse one the "King Henry the Thin Skinned"

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

FreudianSlippers posted:

The west is a bit of a mess also

:psyduck: Venice taking parts of Italy and that neighborhood I can understand, but why do they own Spain?

e: also Frisian Africa.:psyduck:

Dareon fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Sep 18, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

There was a crusade for Andalusia. But only a few years before that there had been a decadence revolt and a few smaller rebellions at the same time so the totally unifyied Umayyad Iberia turned into a patchwork of different states. The Umayyads did managed to hold on to their tiny bit of Brittany at least.

I'm more impressed with the Byzantines having parts of Norway and Ireland and those places being fully Orthodox long before the Norse started converting to Catholicism.

• Locked thread