Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

pile of brown posted:

I played it a few months back and it was a dumbed down pokemon with Rick and morty skinned over it, good jokes didn't have a ton of depth and it was fun to see all the weird mortys. I got a notification that it had had a few large updates but haven't picked it back up since

Super duper dumbed downwith paywalls and just dull stuff everywhere you look.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MMD3
May 16, 2006

Montmartre -> Portland

pile of brown posted:

I played it a few months back and it was a dumbed down pokemon with Rick and morty skinned over it, good jokes didn't have a ton of depth and it was fun to see all the weird mortys. I got a notification that it had had a few large updates but haven't picked it back up since

yeah, I grew bored of it pretty quickly... got really repetitive and very grindy.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
drat, I will still never find a game that grabs my attention like dragon coins :(

Rapner
May 7, 2013

Knifegrab posted:

drat, I will still never find a game that grabs my attention like dragon coins :(

Same. Every time you bring it up again I get nostalgic.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Hey that Biker Mice from Mars turn based strategy game you've always wanted is out now.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Rapner posted:

Same. Every time you bring it up again I get nostalgic.

I have no idea why pushing coins into dragons was so compelling but drat, I enjoyed it too.

Rapner
May 7, 2013

Wtf, I just went to nostalgia-download it and turns out they removed it from the store and I completely missed it.

Why wouldn't they just leave it unsupported and rake in minor cash?

JayKay
Sep 11, 2001

And you thought they were cute and cuddly.

Knifegrab posted:

Has anyone tried Pocket Mortys? I'm a sucker for anything Rick and Morty and it seems interesting.

If you're a Rick and Morty fan, you'll probably enjoy it for a little bit. I'll echo what everyone else said and that it gets pretty repetitive and paywall-ish quickly. I think it only lasted a few days on my phone.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.

CrashCat posted:

You're still better off playing Fallen London on a browser if you have any internet access at all. The app is poo poo

I have to say I completely disagree with this. For whatever reason I find playing in the browser much more tedious. I've had minimal negative issues with the app. For people just picking up the game, just try both and see what you like.

Oh yeah, please add me in Fallen London, same name as my SA name.

Ceciltron
Jan 11, 2007

Text BEEP to 43527 for the dancing robot!
Pillbug
I think that, while the Fallen London App is pretty buggy, if I'm at a computer with a browser there are things I'd much rather do. A mobile app for something like Fallen London is perfect because it's a slow, tedious game for slow, tedious times (waiting, commutes). I just hope they fix the issues it has.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

vulturesrow posted:

I have to say I completely disagree with this. For whatever reason I find playing in the browser much more tedious. I've had minimal negative issues with the app. For people just picking up the game, just try both and see what you like.

Oh yeah, please add me in Fallen London, same name as my SA name.
Maybe it's just excessively poorly optimized then, because it runs many times slower than the browser on my tablet, which is incredible to me. The game should not take a lot of horsepower. I could deal with the bizarre random sync problems if it worked at anywhere near the same speed.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
I'm having a lot of fun with that Animation Throwdown game. I haven't been playing it for very long, but I've already found a couple of really good combos.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Jingleheimer posted:

I'm having a lot of fun with that Animation Throwdown game. I haven't been playing it for very long, but I've already found a couple of really good combos.

Can I make a Dale Gribble deck?

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

Len posted:

Can I make a Dale Gribble deck?

Yes, you can! The best part about the game is combining cards together and seeing what they turn into. For example, combining Dale with a common school card turns him into Towel Manager Dale. You can only combine cards during a match though, when the match is over your cards revert back to what they were before. So if you had a deck full of basic common cards you can still get some variety out of it. If you made a Dale deck it could consist of like half Dale cards and the other half being cards to combine with him. As a King of the Hill fan, building a Dale deck would be fun, but probably not very effective, his attack is pretty low but he has above average health.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

I didn't really care for the animation throwdown game. After about an hour so or I couldn't seem to find any strategy other the combo your first card and snowball from there. There seems to be a whole system of hero leveling up and defensive cards but you had to get to arena level 6 to unlock. And you can infinitely improve a card so it seems like it is very much p2w.

I like the idea of the game though. My bob's burger team could be fused with booze to become 80s band/put in a cat costume/get a abusive girlfriend.

Defenestration
Aug 10, 2006

"It wasn't my fault that my first unconscious thought turned out to be-"
"Jesus, kid, what?"
"That something smelled delicious!"

Grimey Drawer
I just spent all day saving 9.2 nonillion bucks to get the last "double egg value" upgrade and once I did it not only did my egg value not double I lost 3/4 of my farm value and un-discovered the quantum egg :mad:

I don't have any specific thing I want here just to tell someone who might care.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Fallen London is cool and good. I'm having zero problems with the app. As far as what to do, there is a story involving sailing north or some poo poo that suggests 25 in each stat so I'm working towards that. It's a lot of fun to keep to your character concept while doing all this stuff (lecherous thieving nogoodnick here).

In as Millennial Sexlord.

Fake edit:

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

mrkillboy posted:

Hey that Biker Mice from Mars turn based strategy game you've always wanted is out now.
Jesus christ.. If they're making this, then they better release a Danger Mouse game because that was actually a worthwhile cartoon

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Defenestration posted:

I just spent all day saving 9.2 nonillion bucks to get the last "double egg value" upgrade and once I did it not only did my egg value not double I lost 3/4 of my farm value and un-discovered the quantum egg :mad:

I don't have any specific thing I want here just to tell someone who might care.

Your cash is included in your farm value

The game doesn't tell you that a huge chunk of your money from drones/farm value is based on your habitat levels, not your egg value

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"

Blight Runner posted:

I've been anticipating the release of Sorcery! 4 and it looks like the previous versions are on sale this week. I enjoyed the 3rd one but now I can start from the beginning and see what choices I can make to impact the story.

All are 99 cents each.

Sorcery!
Sorcery! 2
Sorcery! 3

These are amazing, thank you for them.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Shwqa posted:

I'm not sure I get fallen london. But so far I have made a couple people fall in love with me and tried to take advantage of them. It blew up in my face both times. Then I picked mushrooms until I wrote a book about mushrooms. My book went so well people gave me drugs. Now I'm writing a book about the trip I took while on said drugs. And I'm trying to seduce a jewel thief.

I think I'm winning?

I think the game is supposed to be just you... Doing stuff. It's written well and has lots of interesting stories. Just live in Fallen London and put around.

RussianBear
Sep 14, 2003

I am become death, the destroyer of worlds

Shwqa posted:

I didn't really care for the animation throwdown game... I like the idea of the game though.

Agreed. I really wanted to like it, but there is no strategy and each match feels the same. It's all about grinding to power up your cards. Does anyone have any recommendations for better CCGs?

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
I guess I'm enjoying Animation Throwdown for the reason others don't like it. I like the fact that there isn't much to it, and every match is incredibly easy so grinding for more stuff isn't hard at all.

Defenestration
Aug 10, 2006

"It wasn't my fault that my first unconscious thought turned out to be-"
"Jesus, kid, what?"
"That something smelled delicious!"

Grimey Drawer

AnonSpore posted:

The game doesn't tell you that a huge chunk of your money from drones/farm value is based on your habitat levels, not your egg value

Oho, thank you. That still doesn't explain why I didn't get my double egg value

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
The Android version of Don't Starve: Pocket Edition is now available as an early access beta.

Dr. Video Games 0050
Nov 28, 2007

mrkillboy posted:

The Android version of Don't Starve: Pocket Edition is now available as an early access beta.

No controller support which sounds weird. I just picked up a Nvidia Shield Portable so I've been looking for good controller games.

Any suggestions?

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

How do you do, fellow antifa?

Fun Shoe
I picked that up, and it seems to run well on my S6. I never got far on PC at all, and I've grown somewhat impatient with these games that require you to have the wiki open for the first couple hours, but I'm glad it's here.

On another note, I saw that the Harvest Moon game was 30% off. Is it remotely worth it? Instinct says not, but Harvest Moon on android is a tempting possibility.

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Good people don't rip other people's arms off.

apokaladle posted:

I picked that up, and it seems to run well on my S6. I never got far on PC at all, and I've grown somewhat impatient with these games that require you to have the wiki open for the first couple hours, but I'm glad it's here.

On another note, I saw that the Harvest Moon game was 30% off. Is it remotely worth it? Instinct says not, but Harvest Moon on android is a tempting possibility.

Nah, anyone that had anything to do with the Harvest Moons you probably like have nothing to do with that game. The old HM crew is now making games under the "Story of Seasons" name in North America. On top of that this phone HM is janky, badly translated and just not that fun.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Do we have a guild for Animation Throwdown? It's kind of a simple game but I'm having fun with it, especially finding all the references you get from combining stuff. Would have liked to see *some* voice acting though.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Okay in Fallen London if the game tells to something bad will happen if you let a stat get too high, for the love of god do not let that stat get too high. Not only does all of your connections but you lose stats and traits. And to top it all off then you get put in basically a prison area.

I got my scandal to 7 and got chased out of my house and put on a leaper colony. I traded almost all of my connections with the church and half my connection with the duchess to reduce it to 0. Now I got to my hedonism up, which I can only do through cards. Maybe in a day or two I can go back to playing the game.

Funcrusher
Jul 13, 2011

Shwqa posted:

Okay in Fallen London if the game tells to something bad will happen if you let a stat get too high, for the love of god do not let that stat get too high. Not only does all of your connections but you lose stats and traits. And to top it all off then you get put in basically a prison area.

I got my scandal to 7 and got chased out of my house and put on a leaper colony. I traded almost all of my connections with the church and half my connection with the duchess to reduce it to 0. Now I got to my hedonism up, which I can only do through cards. Maybe in a day or two I can go back to playing the game.

Don't worry about it, it's just a temporary setback, the only thing you loose is time/actions (and some of your dream progress in case of nightmares >7.). I've lost count of all the times I've been exiled/imprisoned/dead or insane...

But yeah, if the game warns you about something being a bad idea, then it usually is a bad idea :shobon:

Funcrusher fucked around with this message at 08:30 on Sep 19, 2016

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
you can use opportunity cards instead of burning connections

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

i'm 9 hungry shark world made me late for soccer practice and set me back 10 icecreams worth of pocket money

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

Nurel posted:

i'm 9 hungry shark world made me late for soccer practice and set me back 10 icecreams worth of pocket money

That sentence makes just as much sense as any that you will get in fallen london...

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

AnonSpore posted:

It's not habitat levels exclusively, but habitat levels are way more important than they seem, even if you have days and days of empty space, as it's a major contributor to farm value which I think is what increases the value of the drones, but cash on hand doesn't effect drone value. I think. It might, actually.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Just saw an advert on facebook for a brain training app, but predictably when looking it up it turned out to be as bad as facebook ads usually are.

It did make me realise that I would like a decent brain training game, so any recommendations? Ad supported or pay up front, don't really mind.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

In case the Nimblebit devs stumble back into this thread: the latest Tiny Tower update occasionally hangs on the loading screen when trying to visit other towers. And the game doesn't seem to know what to do in this situation, because there's no way to back out of it. You just have to force close and start over. Some kind of timeout sanity check when a tower won't load would probably be nice. Also vaguely related, if you try to visit a friend's tower with no floors built, the game basically soft locks. Presumably because it's looking for a floor to take you to, but there's only a lobby and a 'build new floor' floor, which I assume isn't a valid target for the elevator. Check out 10KL if you need an example. Apparently 'Sven' stopped playing and left a 1 floor tower as a trap for the unwary. :v:

eeenmachine
Feb 2, 2004

BUY MORE CRABS

BobTheJanitor posted:

In case the Nimblebit devs stumble back into this thread: the latest Tiny Tower update occasionally hangs on the loading screen when trying to visit other towers. And the game doesn't seem to know what to do in this situation, because there's no way to back out of it. You just have to force close and start over. Some kind of timeout sanity check when a tower won't load would probably be nice. Also vaguely related, if you try to visit a friend's tower with no floors built, the game basically soft locks. Presumably because it's looking for a floor to take you to, but there's only a lobby and a 'build new floor' floor, which I assume isn't a valid target for the elevator. Check out 10KL if you need an example. Apparently 'Sven' stopped playing and left a 1 floor tower as a trap for the unwary. :v:

Thanks, we're trying to figure this out!

GodspeedSphere
Apr 25, 2008

eeenmachine posted:

Thanks, we're trying to figure this out!

God I wish there were more developers like you. I don't play one bit of Tiny Tower though. It twas never meant to be

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
There's a new PC/Android Humble Bundle consisting solely of adventure games by Artifex Mundi for anyone inclined.