Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

i look forward to Reigen 1000% next Monday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Protodude posted:

When I first read that scene I never for a second thought he was actually Claw's boss, I immediately knew he either bullshitted his way in or it was pure dumb luck for him, and it got one of the biggest laughs from me in the entire series. It's kind of funny seeing the reactions from people watching the anime be so different, and I especially loved that narration in the next episode preview.

Yeah, in the manga I never once thought Reigen was claws boss so in that sense the anime might have done a better job at this.

I dont think Tsuchis fight was as good as the manga though. Her words in the manga have a little more impact and the almost immediate showing of her collapsed into a broken heap at the end of a ton of walls was hilarious.

Reigen 1000% is going to be great and I hope that when he gets stabbed they immediately show him "dying" and cut to the ending.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

i think they'll have Reigen getting hit by the sword be the halfway point as a mini-cliffhanger. if they pace it right they can get to the end of the fight with the Gas Mask guy next week.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

is next episode the HYPNOSIS PUNCH because that's

El Burbo posted:

👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good poo poo go౦ԁ poo poo👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌poo poo right👌👌there👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯 i say so 💯 thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good poo poo

Adelheid
Mar 29, 2010

Yinlock posted:

is next episode the HYPNOSIS PUNCH because that's

Yeah we just finished chapter 43 and that's chapter 45. The #1 problem with the anime is that without totally screwing with their pace there's no way they can end an episode on HYPNOSIS PUNCH like they ended a chapter

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Let me just say I am very proud of this thread for not saying anything in the anime thread for now.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

From the anime thread:

Xinder posted:

Having not read it, my prediction is (spoiling in the very unlikely case that i am correct) that they were expecting the leader for some reason and that nobody there has actually seen the leader. So when Reigen shows up at the perfect time, they all just assumed he's the leader and he rolls with it.

:allears:

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Y'all should be keeping an eye on #redrawReigen on Twitter because there's some good stuff

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Reigen 1000% is going to be great and I hope that when he gets stabbed they immediately show him "dying" and cut to the ending.

:smuggo:

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
While that was perfect, I was curious if the episode preview would ruin it. In short, it is the greatest loving episode preview I've ever seen in my entire life.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Extremely good to put in the Mob meeting Reigen flashback right there.

Buzzsaw Roomba
Feb 14, 2012

Christ, what an asshole.
yes, this is a good adaptation

Mordaedil posted:

While that was perfect, I was curious if the episode preview would ruin it. In short, it is the greatest loving episode preview I've ever seen in my entire life.

the episode previews have been on point

Bernardo Orel
Sep 2, 2011

The people making this anime are really seriously loving mean in the best way possible!

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

the anime is too powerful, i can't handle it

Bernardo Orel
Sep 2, 2011

a cartoon duck posted:

the anime is too powerful, i can't handle it

Don't worry, only one more episode left.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

to think there are those in the anime thread who still doubt the power of New Century's Strongest Psychic Reigen Arataka

Pelican Dunderhead
Jun 16, 2010

Ah! Hello Ershin!
Pillbug
anime is pretty good imo

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Really, really looking forward to people's reactions to the next episode

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

I've been thinking a lot over the last 3 days and have decided that Justifiable Self-Defense Rush is the best single moment in the series

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It's my favourite thing too.
I want it to be full on 20 seconds of fist rush in the anime

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

At last, Reigen Arataka 1000% happened

and it was good

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

2018 for a new season can't come quick enough. I think the next arc with the exorcism has the potential to be even better than the 7th Division animated.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I didn't enjoy the exorcism arc or 2nd claw arc nearly as much as I did the 7th division or Fraud Reigen arcs but they're still super cool and I want them animated.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

i just can't wait for how amazing this will be

i dream of it every night

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I like to think that they'll make it so Reigen is doing the high pitched barks like Kenshiro from Fist of the North Star.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I want it to be like the 20 odd seconds of Star Platinum punching versus Steely Dan of Steel in the JoJo Part 3 anime.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

" We have no idea what full Dimple versus Teru would have been like."

Anime thread is gold

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Averting my eyes and just gonna post some few MB100 reactions. I'll read from the start after catching up.
I kinda had thoughts of it being the case but- wait, hold up, this isn't the reporter girl. Okay so new character, Emi, now dating. Powerful new status quo.
oh :smith:
Oh! :unsmith:
The mystery of the laptop has been solved.
You think Reigen can't get any better and then he helps a dogger. What a hero.
Did not expect the skeleton dude in the all-girls school to happen here.
This stuff with Mob wondering why espers and spirits are treated differently looks like it might go on a dark direction...
gently caress that was strong.
This stuff with the possessed girl is super good. Also the body improvement club owns.
HALF A loving YEAR??
Mob is the best. Reigen is also the best. Everyone is the best, this is the best.
The power to let people live. So good. 100% what? what? what?? ...or not? or oh snap a hundred percent courage, nice
cool-shonen-protagonist-with-pupils-Shigeo is not what i ever expected but i love it
god i'm so not ready to catch up and have to wonder what ???% is knowing there won't be an answer. While binging I can still hope that it'll get revealed as i read...
Reigen is the best, helmet cult is interesting.
Body Improvement Club :3:

Oh Reigen, you hosed up you precious boy. :ohdear:
gently caress yeah, ghosts in an MMO
Oh Reigen :ohdear:
Reigen's birthday :ohdear:
Oh Reigen's tv debut :ohdear:
oh gently caress beethoven :ohdear:
2ch is a spiral you can't recover from :ohdear:
:(

oh. this is where the origin came from. i love you, reigen.
THE TRUE IDENTITY :cry:
Ok this marathon stuff is exactly what i needed after that Reigen Arc :3:
This is nice :)
gently caress

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Sep 28, 2016

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Here's my Mob100 reaction after reading the manga instead of sleeping last night:

When's the next chapter?

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Averting my eyes and just gonna post some few MB100 reactions. I'll read from the start after catching up.
I kinda had thoughts of it being the case but- wait, hold up, this isn't the reporter girl. Okay so new character, Emi, now dating. Powerful new status quo.
oh :smith:
Oh! :unsmith:
The mystery of the laptop has been solved.
You think Reigen can't get any better and then he helps a dogger. What a hero.
Did not expect the skeleton dude in the all-girls school to happen here.
This stuff with Mob wondering why espers and spirits are treated differently looks like it might go on a dark direction...
gently caress that was strong.
This stuff with the possessed girl is super good. Also the body improvement club owns.
HALF A loving YEAR??
Mob is the best. Reigen is also the best. Everyone is the best, this is the best.
The power to let people live. So good. 100% what? what? what?? ...or not? or oh snap a hundred percent courage, nice
cool-shonen-protagonist-with-pupils-Shigeo is not what i ever expected but i love it
god i'm so not ready to catch up and have to wonder what ???% is knowing there won't be an answer. While binging I can still hope that it'll get revealed as i read...
Reigen is the best, helmet cult is interesting.
Body Improvement Club :3:

Oh Reigen, you hosed up you precious boy. :ohdear:
gently caress yeah, ghosts in an MMO
Reigen's birthday :ohdear:
Oh Reigen's tv debut :ohdear:
oh gently caress beethoven :ohdear:
2ch is a spiral you can't recover from :ohdear:
:(

oh. this is where the origin came from. i love you, reigen.
THE TRUE IDENTITY :cry:
Ok this marathon stuff is exactly what i needed after that Reigen Arc :3:
This is nice :)
gently caress

lmao its cool how i know exactly where you are

Leviabeetus
Feb 14, 2010

Schwarzwald posted:

Here's my Mob100 reaction after reading the manga instead of sleeping last night:

When's the next chapter?

New chapters generally come out on Fridays, three times a month. I don't think we got one last Friday so we should be set for three in a row before the next break.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I reread the manga last week and I totally forgot how awesome the second claw arc is. The first time I read it I was going through it so fast I didn't really digest everything that was happening.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Rodyle posted:

I didn't enjoy the exorcism arc or 2nd claw arc nearly as much as I did the 7th division or Fraud Reigen arcs but they're still super cool and I want them animated.

100% courage was super rad though

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I just feel like that arc coming down to mob actually having the big dbz fight that he doesn't have in the 7th division arc really knocks the proper claw arc down a few notches for me

it's still got plenty of moments though, like Bodily Improved Dimple

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

I'm not a big fan of the claw boss fight but I like how it ends with BODY IMPROVEMENT FIGHT FIGHT

But yeah I'm looking forward to seeing that too. The animation is so well done that even a standard shonen fight in that style would be really good.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Rodyle posted:

I just feel like that arc coming down to mob actually having the big dbz fight that he doesn't have in the 7th division arc really knocks the proper claw arc down a few notches for me

It has Justifiable Self Defence Rush though.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Rodyle posted:

I thought this at first too, but there's a lot more going on than that. The fight looks like a huge insane battle, but Mob's not fighting him to "defeat" him, he's trying to express himself. It's more like a high level psychic argument. He's definitely conflicted about what's happening, but Mob's a lot more mature in this arc. He never goes to Killing Intent, which was the big scare in the 7th division arc. The boss is just so insanely powerful that he can withstand all of Mob's 100% emotions, so it's got this big epic fight tone to it.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
Yeah. The big thing that makes it work is that it ends on 100% Kindness. The fight ends with Mob sitting down next to a man about to die and helping him come to terms with his life. And that is just the perfect representation of everything the series is all about.

That said, the 100% emotional turmoil is really cool and I am very glad it's something that happened. What's the point of giving everyone big cool flashy powers if you don't get to write a big cool flashy fight scene at least once? And boy, does it deliver.

But the thing that keeps this finale (and this series as a whole) different from another Dragon Ball Z slugfest is that Mob didn't win the fight. He just lasted long enough for his opponent to defeat himself, and then talked it out with him. And when the boss was finally willing to sit down and listen, the problem resolved itself, and nobody had to die.

I love this comic.

Unit24
Jan 31, 2015

Hey kids! Do you want to be as AKOOL as me?
My biggest disappointment was seeing the former Claw members come back just to job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

gnome7 posted:

But the thing that keeps this finale (and this series as a whole) different from another Dragon Ball Z slugfest is that Mob didn't win the fight. He just lasted long enough for his opponent to defeat himself,

This is also something of a callback to seminal "boy with psychic powers" manga Babel 2, where Babel defeats Yomi (the psychic leader of an organization that plans to conquer the world) by letting Yomi wear himself out attacking him.

Granted, afterwards Babel kills the man while he's incapacitated, so it's not quite a one-to-one comparison.