Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which religion is the best?
This poll is closed.
Shintoism 59 9.58%
Buddhism 77 12.50%
Taoism 66 10.71%
FEAR CLOWNPIECE 414 67.21%
Total: 616 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
WaHH 30 (final), plus Volume 6 omake. In which Sanae! and Aya Azuma makes figurative puppy dog eyes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

ZUN is truly an inspiration to us all.

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

Clarste posted:

WaHH 30 (final), plus Volume 6 omake. In which Sanae! and Aya Azuma makes figurative puppy dog eyes.

Lot's of good Sanae panels in this one.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Marisa is always the best at fashion

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
I get a real kick out of those design/fashion pages. Maybe because Touhou character, more than other series, always wear the same thing?

The silly little things like "Nue wears shoes with her name sewn into the sole" are nice.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

They almost always wear generally the same style, but no outfit is exactly the same for any character that makes appearances in the games more than once, which is cool

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
I'm a big fan of the typography on display here. I especially like the decision to write the name of comic in Roman letters, with circumflexes.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

edit: figured it out

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord

Clarste posted:

jesus I lost count of how many manga artists collapsed from overwork

SirSlarty
Dec 23, 2003

that's wicked
Oddly, a neck tie.

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
I wonder if there is someone who inspects all the Gensokyo residents' clothes to make sure it is clean and pressed right. A staff NCO youkai or something.

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

The fashion fairy appears whenever their clothes get dirty or damaged and gives them a new set. Reimu and Marisa get into fights constantly so they always have the latest fashion.

SirSlarty
Dec 23, 2003

that's wicked
Who's Gensokyo's hairstylist?

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
When in doubt, assume Rinnosuke.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

True. After all, does any other character have such a perfectly maintained ahoge

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

I just realized that his ahoge is his touhou-required hat/hair accessory/head feature

SirSlarty
Dec 23, 2003

that's wicked

BlitzBlast posted:

When in doubt, assume Rinnosuke.

I assumed it was Yoshika.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Nevermind, too soon.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 11:07 on Sep 18, 2016

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Double post!

WaHH 35 draft, in which oh my god I am so excited by this chapter and/or reading way too much into it.

Edit: Updated with imgur link.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 13:47 on Sep 18, 2016

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
So much for Reimu's intuition, huh.

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

Pureauthor posted:

You don't need intuition to know that Yukari is up to something. :v:

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
While Kasen still owns and her deal status; what is continues unabated, why would you say you're not satan-jesus's ally

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

In other news, final drafts of chapters 31 and 32 have been uploaded to batoto. These are the rabbit chapter and the tanuki chapter, respectively.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 14:04 on Sep 18, 2016

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Gamerofthegame posted:

While Kasen still owns and her deal status; what is continues unabated, why would you say you're not satan-jesus's ally

Because Oni's tell the truth.

Also, did Yukari just imply Kasen is one of the youkai sages?

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Edit: Incidentally, I see chapter 35 as the big reveal that everyone's been waiting for all this time. It reveals that she's an old friend of Yukari's who was one of the youkai sages who created the barrier in the first place. Recall a certain line from ULiL: "In the name of the sage" or whatever. I didn't think about it much at the time, but now that she's being called a sage of Gensokyo... she was breaking the barrier in her own name. So she and Yukari are part of an extremely small group of high level youkai who created Gensokyo as we know it. With this in mind, all the things she hates about Gensokyo, like the state of the Underworld and how youkai-human interactions are handled, and the existence of the barrier itself, take on a totally different light. These are her regrets, that she wants to undo/redo.

I really don't see what else there is to care about being revealed.

Look at that loving panel where Yukari realizes she's been "betrayed". She manages to laugh it off, but that is a face that launched a thousand ships.

Edit: I think too much about Touhou.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 14:15 on Sep 18, 2016

AdorableStar
Jul 13, 2013

:patriot:

You can't think too much about Touhou

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

I love that Sakuya uses the fact the victims returned unharmed as proof she wasn't involved. Also I guess ZUN fully retconned her ability away from time shenanigans, guess he doesn't want her to be basically DIO anymore.

Pureauthor posted:

Reimu's intuition only triggers for actually harmful incidents, while this one was mostly just annoying and mysterious and had no real culprit. The same was true for the flower incident in PoFV, after all.

Not Dave
Aug 9, 2009

ATAI SUPER DRY IS
BREWED FROM QUALITY
ENGREDIENTS BY USING
OUR PURE CULTURE
YEAST AND ADVANCED
BREWING TECHNIQUES.

a cartoon duck posted:

I love that Sakuya uses the fact the victims returned unharmed as proof she wasn't involved. Also I guess ZUN fully retconned her ability away from time shenanigans, guess he doesn't want her to be basically DIO anymore.
Now instead she's just Kamen Rider Kabuto.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Clarste posted:

Edit: Incidentally, I see chapter 35 as the big reveal that everyone's been waiting for all this time. It reveals that she's an old friend of Yukari's who was one of the youkai sages who created the barrier in the first place. Recall a certain line from ULiL: "In the name of the sage" or whatever. I didn't think about it much at the time, but now that she's being called a sage of Gensokyo... she was breaking the barrier in her own name. So she and Yukari are part of an extremely small group of high level youkai who created Gensokyo as we know it. With this in mind, all the things she hates about Gensokyo, like the state of the Underworld and how youkai-human interactions are handled, and the existence of the barrier itself, take on a totally different light. These are her regrets, that she wants to undo/redo.

It would explain how Kasen can get in and out then

lick it or ticket
Apr 12, 2013

When you want to laugh cry as hard as you can, when you want to cry laugh all you can. When you see rain, just think of it as the world laughing with you, and laugh until you can't anymore.
You would think it would be hard to be an atheist in Gensokyo, much with the literal gods living there.

And also working for a devil, come to think of it.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

WeeabooJudas posted:

You would think it would be hard to be an atheist in Gensokyo, much with the literal gods living there.

And also working for a devil, come to think of it.

Not to get into :tvtropes: territory, but nay-theist is pretty much what I view a Gensokyo atheist as. They know the gods exist, they simply don't have any faith in said gods.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Clarste posted:

I really don't see what else there is to care about being revealed.

Look at that loving panel where Yukari realizes she's been "betrayed". She manages to laugh it off, but that is a face that launched a thousand ships.

Edit: I think too much about Touhou.

I had just finished rereading the FMW lp so its kind of funny that
FMW Yukari is basically Canon Kasen in respect to regrets & interactions

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

rannum posted:

I had just finished rereading the FMW lp so its kind of funny that
FMW Yukari is basically Canon Kasen in respect to regrets & interactions

Link?

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

a cartoon duck posted:

Also I guess ZUN fully retconned her ability away from time shenanigans, guess he doesn't want her to be basically DIO anymore.

This one bugs me a bit since a bunch of people are arguing about it, but I'd like to note that Sakuya never said she didn't have time powers. She's just casting Quick on herself instead of Stop on the enemy. That's it, that's all it meant.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Sep 18, 2016

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

They're all on the lp archive
http://lparchive.org/Fantasy-Maiden-Wars-E/
http://lparchive.org/Fantasy-Maiden-Wars-P/
http://lparchive.org/Fantasy-Maiden-Wars-I/

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?

a cartoon duck posted:

Also I guess ZUN fully retconned her ability away from time shenanigans, guess he doesn't want her to be basically DIO anymore.

I am genuinely glad Sakuya is now fully that person nobody really knows that well, but heard from someone who knows a guy that knows about that one time she did that one thing.

Kevos Setzer
Dec 1, 2004

I can transform, right?

Clarste posted:

This one bugs me a bit since a bunch of people are arguing about it, but I'd like to note that Sakuya never said she didn't have time powers. She's just casting Quick on herself instead of Stop on the enemy. That's it, that's all it meant.

In context, I read this as her power being the ability to manipulate the flow of time for herself, but not for others.

Her WaHH moniker now makes much more sense: "Maid of the Lightning Speed" (from Touhou Wiki)

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Sakuya was also described as "faster than the speed of light" in FS when she easily caught the Chupacabra. Honestly, I don't think ZUN's ever made a distinction between Dio-style timestopping and just moving really fast (which is a layman physics interpretation of it, a la time and space being considered the same thing). As you say, the distinction she's making here is being able to control time for other people.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Sep 19, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
She's just Kamen Rider Kabuto instead of being DIO. It's functionally the same thing, only one of them involves being a karate fighting bugman while the other involves being a fabulous vampire.

And as we all know, Sakuya has no interest in being a vampire.