Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

BrownThunder posted:

I̶'͡m͠ ͠g͟l͝a͡d t̸he ̕B͡eng͞als l̴o͘s̸t̴. ͜
̛
͏
҉I'͞m̕ ͠g͠la͠d ͜b́eća҉u̡şe̸ ̷I͡'͝m ̕n̡ot͠ sur̕e̵ I ̷wo͏ul̡d ͜b͞e ̛a͠ble to ͠h̷o͟l͞d̛ ̧m͏y̕s͠èlf t҉o th̸is ́de̡c̡is͢i͢o҉n ̸ìf̸ ͝t̵he̵y͢ ́ha̕d ̸ẁo҉n͘.͢ ̡

͘
I͘ ḩad a̧n a͠m̀a͢z͡i̶n͡g ̶seat͏ f͟or tḩe game, ̵a͡nd̷ ͟ẃa̡s̛ per͝fe̢ct̀l͘y̧ ́pl̕a͡c̶e̛d̢ ͝t̶o͘ s͘ȩe ͏the̷ ̷h҉i͘t̴ ma̕d̢e̛ o̵n ͞Gi̛ovan̴ni ̢Ber̡na̕rd. This̢ ̶is ̀a kíd w͘h͟o h͟as bee̸n e̵vȩr̡y ̷b̵ít th̡e ҉up̴standing ͟citi̸z͞e̸n,̕ ̸a̶ǹd̛ ҉bu͠i͢l͝ds̀ ́sc̸h̸o͞óls i̧n͠ ͢H̨a̸iti ̨wit̶h́ his͝ wealt͡h. ̨W͝h͜a͠t͟ ҉I reali̶z͜e͢d͞ w͏heǹ ́I̢ was̀ ̡a̶ske͟d҉ to҉ ͘w̵a̷t̀c̕h ͘a͢ ͠pl҉a͞yer̀ lower̶ ̀h͠is ͜e̵y͝es҉ ̸ţo ̨th̴e gr̀as̨s͟ ͡and driv̕e ̵t̨h͞e̕ ҉c͞rown o̷f͢ his̷ ̀helm̶et ̀th͢r҉o̸u̷gh G͢įo's hea̕d ́o͞ver an̷d ove̶ŕ ͜is͟ ţh́aţ th͞e̸ ̡NFL̢ ̧doesn͏'t̕ ca̡r̶e ̀at a̛l̢l͢ ̴a͜b͠out͘ t͜h͠e̡se͝ ͘p͘ęo̷p̸l҉e.̴ I̵ ̨g̢u͡ess ̡I͟ ҉always ͢k̵new̴ ̨t̕ha͝t͡ b̀ut̶ ̸it͠ ͘re͟a͘l̕l̶y d̡r͠ovè the̡ p͝oin̛t̢ ́hom̀e.̡

Ţh͜e N҉FL r̸evie͜w̨e̢d͜ ͜t̢h͏ȩ pļay̨ t́o͡ ͜s̕e͏é ̛whe̵t͢her̛ t̷he̛i̛r̀ ͝idiot҉i̵ç no̸t͡i̕o͟n óf̕ ́w͞hàt i͞s a͏nd ̸isn'҉t̴ a c̨at́ch̕ w̢a͜s h̕eld to.̀ ͟T̸h͜ey review͏ed th҉e ͝p͘ļa͘y t̸o͝ s͠e͢e͏ ̷w̷he͟t͜her G͡i͡o's͟ ͏w͘ri͜st ̷t҉ou̢cheḑ th҉e͡ g͟rou͜nd. T̡ḩey̶ ręvi҉e҉wed̕ ͘tḩe ̧pl͞a͏y to̕ see͞ i̵f̨ ̢h҉e ́wa̶ş ̵a͝bļe ̸to ho̷ld̢ o̵n̶ ţo ͢a͘ bi̧t ͟o͜f ͡ļe͝at̵h̛er ̷a̶s̶ hé ͟l͞osţ ̀co͘nsci̵ous͢nes͏s͡. ̶They̡ ҉f̕o͝rc͘èd̸ us to̢ ́w͡a̡t͏ch ̧Ry̢an ͠Shaz̕i͜er͟ do ̡exa̛c͟tly̨ w͡hat͢ ̵th̕ey҉ cl͡aim t͡o b͝e͡ t͡ryin͟g ̢to ҉pr̛event ͟ov͏e̛r t͞wèn̶t̵y ̸t̛im͡e̶s͟.͏ ̡I̶ ̵fi̕na̡l̷ĺy ca̛m̴e t̨o҉ te̷rm͞s w͘i̴t͟h ̛t͠hè ̡fact̀ ͏th̕a̷t the͞ r̸e̛a͡śon͡ ̴t̴h̸e ̷N͝FL d͡oęs̵n͡'t ̶m̧a̷k̨e a m̶ore ͘serio͏u̡s ̕ef́f͢ort̶ ͟t͠o ͜enfor̵c̢e̷ th͟es̕e̴ pena̴l̕ţies is ́be̡c͜a̵use ͏t́h͠éy͘ ͟do͢n̕'̢t ̸g͘ive ̵a͝ ̸d͢a̶mn ͝a̢b͘ou͏t G͜i͠o̷vann̛i͜ ̵Be͞r͠n҉ard.͞ As ́I wa̧tćh̴e҉d͜ fa̢n̕s ̴thr͠ow ̕c̷a҉n̵s͏ a̧n͞d͏ ͝b҉o̡tt̕l̡ęs ͏at͡ t̶he͘ o̧fficia̶ls I re͟a҉lized̸ ̵th҉a͘t͝ had ͢m҉ore̶ to͟ d͘ò w͏it͏h t̡h͠e ͘c͝olǫr̴s͟ o̵n ͜th͜e̷ unif̨ơr̢ms than̡ t͟he fac̢t̛ ̶t̷h̸at͡ that ͝òne ͜h̡i̸t wil͠l͘ ̵almo̢s̴t c͟er̡t͠ai͢n͡l͝y ha̸ve̴ a ̶m̧aj́or ̀imp̧a̶ct on͟ ̵th̶e kid̴'s ͠life.͏ I ͢l͡ike̸ t͏h҉e͢ ͞t̕e͝am ͟bec̕aùśe͝ ͢I̡ ͝ļik̴e̸ ́the ̕ṕlayer̢ş.
͠
P҉l͏a̡y͝e̶rs͢ don'́t́ ̶giv͟e̴ ͢a̡ shìt ͡àbout̛ ͘p͟e͞rs͏on͠al f̸o̕uls̴ ́be̢cau̷se̢ ţhey͏'re̶ ͘call̶ed̸ ar͟bi̛tra͝r͡il͟y, an͡d ưn̛t҉i̢l̛ t̕hé ͠ŃF͠L mak̡e͢s per̴śon͏al ͠fouls͏ ͟r͏e̢view҉a͟b҉le I̴ a̕m̛ ͟no͜t̨ c͘o͝ǹsu͜mi͠ng̴ an̶oth́e͞r ̕seco͝nd͏ o͞f͠ ͢f͏ootb̀al̸l͏. I şhoul͡ḑ ̷sto͡p ͢o͜utŕi͏g͠ht͏ ͏r̀e͟gaŗd̨l͢es̶s͘,̨ b͡ut̴ Į lo̸ve the ̴g̵a҉m̕e.͟ ͝I̛ ͟w̵i̧l͝l̸ ͠m̵iss c̸h͟a͏tt̀i͘ng w̡i͡t̨h y͘'́ál͜l but I͡ ca͝n'̶t j͝u̵st̡i͞fy ̷foll̷ơwin̕g ̡a̷ spo̷rt t̸h͢a̶t h͟a̢s ͢s͞u҉ch͡ fl͝a͠gran̡t ͠d̀i̕s̨re͢ga̕r͢d̨ ҉fo҉r̵ t͡h̕é w̢el̕f̨ar͡e of ͢i̴ts ́p̛laye͘r҉s҉. ̨I'll s̀eé ̛y͏'͝a̕ll i̢n̷ ̢o̴ther͢ ̧s̡ub̸f͢o͟rums͞.

Not sure what this says but I like it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/status/777600641988427776

Jimmy G is gonna be okay.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Kawalimus posted:

That was a bad call, but not necessarily why they lost. That wasn't the last play of the game and the next throw was TERRIBLE. And like I said, their first TD was out of bounds to begin with.

That was a bad call in a long line of bad calls. This happened throughout the whole game while the Ravens were taking shots at McCown well after he gave up.

The NFL is a smoldering hot garbage fire and Goddell only cares about protecting his golden boy franchises. (Ravens, Steelers, etc)

loving horseshit. gently caress this poo poo.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Sour Diesel posted:

actually they lost because they are a bad football team

You know who else is a bad football team.

The team that almost loses to them.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

The Cowboys won a game without Tony Romo!!!! Dak was great. Elliot was trash again. He even fumbled twice this time. I really wish we had Bosa or Ramsey.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

v2vian man posted:

i don't really expect the browns to win but it's really a shame that they lost because of a terrible call

they lost because my qb is a good, honest young man with a heart of gold, actually

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

There is no way he's ready for Thursday.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/nfldraftinsider/status/777603322173947904

print the shirts

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Kawalimus posted:

The Capitals play ok until the playoffs. Nationals aren't bad either they just haven't put together a postseason run yet.

It's no surprise that the organizations in DC run well and not by cunts are good and fun to watch- Nationals, Capitals and increasingly Wizards while the Redskins and United are loving awful and deserve what they get.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Ehud posted:

There is no way he's ready for Thursday.

Yeah, I really doubt that.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

Sharzak posted:

Man the Giants have had two really really ugly wins, but last season they would have been really ugly losses so I guess I can't complain too much.

What was so ugly about this win? They played well on all 3 phases of the game.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

That is really stupid but it also owns

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
I'm not sure what else to feel after that lions game other than impotent rage and despair.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Mystifying that the guy who threw the INT before half and the guy who threaded the needle to Cameron are the same

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Probably Magic posted:

You know who else is a bad football team.

The team that almost loses to them.

I've said for years it's a bad division and I'm glad people are finally coming around to it

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Texans offense looked pretty bad. Lamar Miller struggled, Osweiler threw some really bad passes (but also a few really good ones), too many penalties

Defense looked fantastic. Usually they get a slow start to the season but apparently they got it out of their system in the first half last week instead of needing half a season

They should beat the Pats Thursday but since it's the Pats who loving knows. Then it's the Titans and Vikings, a 5-0 start is in reach but the offense has to play better

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

FuzzySkinner posted:

That was a bad call in a long line of bad calls. This happened throughout the whole game while the Ravens were taking shots at McCown well after he gave up.

The NFL is a smoldering hot garbage fire and Goddell only cares about protecting his golden boy franchises. (Ravens, Steelers, etc)

bruh

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Chris James 2 posted:

I've said for years it's a bad division and I'm glad people are finally coming around to it

being wrong for years isnt something to be proud of friend. constant improvement is important, i hope you work on your opinions soon

E; my team is a golden boy franchise for this golden boy poster, thank you Big Moderation for having my back

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010

FuzzySkinner posted:

Lmao

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
What a loving embarrassment on offense and special teams. Both sides so terrified to gently caress up that they just played sans balls the whole game. When Dalton tried to move the ball down the field they were largely successful, but 90% of the game they played small ball and didn't deserve to win against anyone, let alone their biggest rival. Even coaching was gutless with that no-challenge with a knee down in the end zone. This game was much more proof than the last that the Steelers are absolutely in their heads. Small ball chickenshit. Take a loving chance.

I just feel so bad for the defense. They always play their hearts out vs Pit and they never get any support. They played a hell of a game even with the busted coverage that put the game out of reach. Steelers linemen getting away with 12 holds and a false start is as annoying as ever but the Bengals got away with at least two flagrant DPIs.

I would care about Tyler Boyd obviously being down if the Bengals had played worth a drat, but they didn't.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

FuzzySkinner posted:

aside from the late hit after mccown gave himself up the hits on mccown were clean from noted golden boy franchise the ravens

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

FuzzySkinner posted:

What was the long line of bad calls? I remember McCown stepping into hits all game, and there was one play that could have been called but wasn't(Mosley was blocked into him. The other guy who hit him was dumb but it was far from a dirty hit, there wasn't even much behind it).

Again, if there's some ref conspiracy against your team how come the obvious out of bounds TD wasn't overturned? YOur team had 8 penalties for 59 yards. That's not some insane unreasonable number.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

FuzzySkinner posted:

My uncle was working on the sidelines and said that Goddell called the ref today and told him that Boyd fumbled it

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Maybe the lost cause they scored 0 points in 3 quarters

Oberst
May 24, 2010

The NFL's Golden Franchise - The Baltimore Ravens

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

FuzzySkinner posted:

nice meltdown

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
https://twitter.com/DownWithDamon/status/777601529670832128

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

So the Patriots offense looks loving awesome. It was crippled without Garopalo in there, but even then was able to put together a few solid drives with really good playcalling and very good run blocking for Blount. While Jimmy was healthy, they were moving the ball at will, doing anything they wanted and gaining like 10 yards a play. When Brady comes back, it's going to be aces.

The defense had a very good half of football, then was a bit rough in the 2nd half, but even then, got a good couple of turnovers but were giving up far too many 10-20 yard completions.

Probably gonna have to punt the game against that Texans defense, but the Bills at home should be a winnable game with rookie QB man and 2 weeks to prepare, and then Tommy is gonna book of revelations the league.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Dubious posted:

nice meltdown

Frankly he gets to do this every week for sticking with the Browns. Whatever keeps him mostly sane.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Dubious posted:

nice meltdown

I'm allowed to get pissed. You deal with 17 of this bullshit.

Christ Kawmilicious has gotten pissed over LESS. gently caress off.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

FuzzySkinner posted:

lol

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
The only conspiracy in the NFL is against fun. Calling taunting on a Barry Sanders style ball flip to the ref is baby poo poo weak.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

FuzzySkinner posted:

I mean to be fair Kawamalama says such insane poo poo that no one knows what to make of it

riht
Dec 13, 2004

i knew u were trouble when u tossed int

FuzzySkinner posted:

The Golden Boys

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

The Puppy Bowl posted:

The only conspiracy in the NFL is against fun. Calling taunting on a Barry Sanders style ball flip to the ref is baby poo poo weak.

It's just typical garbage from this league man.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

FuzzySkinner posted:

Yeah it's fine to be pissed I don't blame you, but there's no ref conspiracy against your team. The "Golden Franchise" Ravens had like 1000000 bad calls to end their games last year.

Including the Jaguars game where they even admitted that a bad call changed the outcome of the game.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

the face of the nfl from the golden franchise: joe flacco

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Give the guy some space goddamn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oberst
May 24, 2010

FuzzySkinner posted:

Explain the Phantom td tia

• Locked thread