Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Blarfk posted:

Steelers actually rule my friend and they will be battling the Ravens in the playoffs as god intended

two golden franchises face off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Blarfk posted:

Steelers actually rule my friend and they will be battling the Ravens in the playoffs as god intended

yea this

the dumb orange teams just serve to see who gets the bye

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Oberst posted:

Evil Rules. See you in the WC round

please change your av i do not want to see terrell sugg's gross tiny teeth

Styles Bitchley
Nov 13, 2004

FOR THE WIN FOR THE WIN FOR THE WIN

Meanwhile here is the touchdown taken away from the Lions for supposed offensive pass interference on Ebron:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Mel Mudkiper posted:

lol at Lebron James

dude ditched you for three years and you begged him to come back and act like he didn't burn your rear end like a luau pig

Like a dude happy his girlfriend came back for his beta rear end after riding the alpha male cock carousel

I still don't think you've apologized enough for your "Lebron is bad" take from the offseason. Notably right before he won.

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo
once again, i'd like to point out that i was right about Ryan Tannehill

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Mel Mudkiper posted:

lol at Lebron James

dude ditched you for three years and you begged him to come back and act like he didn't burn your rear end like a luau pig

Like a dude happy his girlfriend came back for his beta rear end after riding the alpha male cock carousel

The the three day celebration I had in my hometown was awesome.

Sorry you can't enjoy such things.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Styles Bitchley posted:

Here is the touchdown taken away from the Lions for supposed offensive pass interference on Ebron:

Oh man, that's as bad as the one we had called against us at Miami last year.

You should be able to review that kind of penalty.

Blarfk
Dec 26, 2003

Ghost Dog posted:

two golden franchises face off

it will turn into a farce of phantom DPI and non-fumbles as the refs get conflicting orders of who to rig the game for

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Mel Mudkiper posted:

lol at Lebron James

its actually better fuzzy didnt show up in the nba threads or anything till like the ecf he probably had to look up who tristan thompson was.

Blarfk posted:

it will turn into a farce of phantom DPI and non-fumbles as the refs get conflicting orders of who to rig the game for

afc north football

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Kawalimus posted:

Who cares who deserves to win games? Games like that can go either way. Either team "deserved" it.

Better years for us have had wins way uglier than that one.

True. But another way to say that is that neither team deserved to win. This was a coin flip game that was in large part decided by a baby boomer's poor understanding of his surroundings. If you think you wouldn't be pissed if the shoe were on the other foot you're lying to yourself.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

PantsFreeZone posted:

he was good today and he dragged the horrible defense and running game with him all the way to having a chance to win the game late :shrug:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

PantsFreeZone posted:

He'll be good once he's off the team and on the Patriots replacing Br*dy

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Ghost Dog posted:

its actually better fuzzy didnt show up in the nba threads or anything till like the ecf he probably had to look up who tristan thompson was.

I was on RealCavsFans the entire time.

Try again.

e: Been following the team since the Wrong Way Rickey Davis and Dajuan Wagner days. Back when they had "Whammer" as the mascot, and Mike Polk Jr. was the host for the team.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Ghost Dog posted:

Being a cavs fan is like getting back together with your ex wife after she had two kids from someone else and calling it true love

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Styles Bitchley posted:

Meanwhile here is the touchdown taken away from the Lions for supposed offensive pass interference on Ebron:

Seems legit

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

C-Euro posted:

I posted this in the Hot Seat thread but I feel like I have been complaining about Detroit being too conservative in the red zone and drawing too many penalties for years now, even beyond the Caldwell era. And apparently neither of these were issues for him in Indy. How the hell does this team have the same problem across multiple HCs, GMs, and rosters?

Gonz posted:

Same Old Lions :smithicide:

Honestly, I wouldn't jump to conclusions based on this game, if only because the refs were goddamn nuts for calling penalties (On both teams, mind you) and half the team went down to injuries. Yeah, it was a bad loss, and the Titans should have never been in a position to make a comeback, but there were some upsides-Riddick had a hell of a game, and Stafford was doing pretty drat well when his passes weren't being dropped or called back. Basically, I wouldn't write the team off yet.

At least, not until next week when we get to play Green Bay :suicide:

Edit:

Styles Bitchley posted:

Yeah seriously, that was just goddamn ridiculous. I'm pretty sure the refs were actively trying to break the record for flags thrown.

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
https://twitter.com/jeffphowe/status/777616598718971908

God loving dammit

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Panthers seemed to have some growing pains in the back end today. Probably to be expected with so much youth in the secondary. At times they looked fantastic and others really average.

Good to get a win but if they dont fix it quick games against new orleans, atlanta and tampa will be shootouts.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Haha I almost forgot about this

https://vine.co/v/5nApIYW1dM2

Dude lives to try to spear AJ Green

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

FuzzySkinner posted:

The the three day celebration I had in my hometown was awesome.

Sorry you can't enjoy such things.

Man.. Im trying to help you out and get you to walk away from this..

poo poo isn't worth it.

Browns are bad. Division rival fans are bad. Chase Elliot is going to lose a race yet again.

Just woo saa the afternoon and realize that things could be worse.

You could have lost to the Steelers.

Phyein
Jun 19, 2009

~Sucka Tried To Play Me
But You Never Paid Me, Never, Oh No You Didn't~
~Pay Back Is A Comin, You Will Be Runnin Forever~

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Styles Bitchley posted:

I literally just shuttered. Brown's taunting wasn't even the worst call of the 1pm games. Zebras are the worst team in the league.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010

Alaois posted:

please change your av i do not want to see terrell sugg's gross tiny teeth

It was a gift!!!

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Patriots will still go 4-0

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

It's not smart to rush him back out. We just won two games we thought were gonna be surefire losses, so no sense in risking a worse injury. He might be back for the following week and do okay, so there's really nothing to be down about rn

e. Sheeeit 6 weeks stings. Two more games of Brissett I guess

GonadTheBallbarian fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Sep 18, 2016

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

https://twitter.com/jeffphowe/status/777616995843989509

I guess 4-0 is off the table :(

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Genocide Tendency posted:

Man.. Im trying to help you out and get you to walk away from this..

poo poo isn't worth it.

Browns are bad. Division rival fans are bad. Chase Elliot is going to lose a race yet again.

Just woo saa the afternoon and realize that things could be worse.

You could have lost to the Steelers.

This is why you and I are buds. I'll walk away, and we'll make fun of the absurdity of the Chase together.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010

Blarfk posted:

I'm going to headbutt Ike taylor

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

The Puppy Bowl posted:

True. But another way to say that is that neither team deserved to win. This was a coin flip game that was in large part decided by a baby boomer's poor understanding of his surroundings. If you think you wouldn't be pissed if the shoe were on the other foot you're lying to yourself.

A lot of close games are coin flip games. That this even was coin flip game to begin with was a small miracle after how bad we started. Luck plays a lot into how teams end up in the NFL, every single year. Both our SB runs had INSANELY lucky stuff in them, way more than today.

Yeah I'd be pissed if we lost cause we made some dumb plays even after we're coming back. Look at our first two losses last year were decided by stupid calls like the phantom holding against the Raiders. That's just the nature of the NFL. You can pick out most teams and say how they don't deserve this or that win.

Blarfk
Dec 26, 2003

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Patriots will still go 16-0

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

FuzzySkinner posted:

This is why you and I are buds. I'll walk away, and we'll make fun of the absurdity of the Chase together.

Man, the chase ruined NASCAR :smith:

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

;-*

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I literally just shuttered. Brown's taunting wasn't even the worst call of the 1pm games. Zebras are the worst team in the league.

Note as well that the lions lost by one point. We were forced to settle for a field goal on that drive.

:suicide:

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Honestly, I wouldn't jump to conclusions based on this game, if only because the refs were goddamn nuts for calling penalties (On both teams, mind you) and half the team went down to injuries. Yeah, it was a bad loss, and the Titans should have never been in a position to make a comeback, but there were some upsides-Riddick had a hell of a game, and Stafford was doing pretty drat well when his passes weren't being dropped or called back. Basically, I wouldn't write the team off yet.

At least, not until next week when we get to play Green Bay :suicide:

Edit:

Yeah seriously, that was just goddamn ridiculous. I'm pretty sure the refs were actively trying to break the record for flags thrown.

:smugdog:

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

Goetta posted:

Haha I almost forgot about this

https://vine.co/v/5nApIYW1dM2

Dude lives to try to spear AJ Green

Mike Mitchell huh

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

No, this will just make 4-0 happening even funnier/sadder/angrier

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
I'm impressed it only took until week 2 for a hilarious meltdown.

NFL Week 2 Aftermath: I have friends on Twitter that are autistic

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

I mean that sucks and all, but you guys are already so far ahead of the game. 2 wins and one of them against the Cards is not something I would have expected during the 4 game suspension.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

I wonder who the pats will pick up as their new backup

• Locked thread