Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Reminder Detroit has still not beat the titans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
why do browns fans even watch the games? 4 hours of your life each week devoted to awful terrible trash

especially these days where you can look up the 4-5 scoring plays on demand the next day and see all the good parts of the game in under two minutes

I legit can't remember the last bears game I bothered to watch all the way through (probably 2010 NFC championship ) and the browns are far, far worse than the bears

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Destoration posted:

saints fans be like

a meme of a meme of a meme. gross

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

i love the bengals

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

So Cam should slide with his spikes up? Seems fair.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

mastershakeman posted:

why do browns fans even watch the games? 4 hours of your life each week devoted to awful terrible trash

especially these days where you can look up the 4-5 scoring plays on demand the next day and see all the good parts of the game in under two minutes

I legit can't remember the last bears game I bothered to watch all the way through (probably 2010 NFC championship ) and the browns are far, far worse than the bears

Browns fans own you wouldn't understand

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
the bengals fumble was a bad call but there were two DPIs against the Steelers on 3rd down that didn't get called so cry a river of jizz

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Ghost Dog posted:

before you go down this path you have to find out which quarters count

Pretend I quoted the 3/4s of a dildo post

riht
Dec 13, 2004

i knew u were trouble when u tossed int

CannonFodder posted:

So Cam should slide with his spikes up? Seems fair.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

Bigass Moth posted:

I don't know what kind of monetary value you can put in a win, but Alex Mack does not make the same drive killing mistakes Cam erving does.

it's kind of nice to know which of our players are actually good and which ones are huge liabilities. also fun is to remember how we just let go of competent players to allow those liabilities more playing time

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

God, I hope the Ravens or The Steelers house them in the playoffs this year. Preferably Steelers, but I'll take it if ratbirds do it

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

Phobeste posted:

I wonder who the pats will pick up as their new backup

hopefully Danny Amendola, who will throw another 30yd pass to Tom Brady against the Browns

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Ravens are cool as hell though. They make an awesome sound and are acrobatic as hell in the air. I love them.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Kawalimus posted:

Ravens are cool as hell though. They make an awesome sound and are acrobatic as hell in the air. I love them.

rats are also cool though so its not an insult

rats are the best pets for children: fact

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Kawalimus posted:

True, but that's just a term of endearment for the football club you cheer for.

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013
Hello

Dakota Rayne Prescott

Winner

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
Which are smarter, rats or ravens?

GO!

This is not an easy question.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

CannonFodder posted:

GO!

rats

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

CannonFodder posted:

GO!

Ravens because rats get stitches

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Crows are super smart so I assume ravens arent too bad in that department.

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man

Turdsdown Tom posted:

hopefully Danny Amendola, who will throw another 30yd pass to Tom Brady against the Browns

Edelman was the college qb #actually

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Parm is a Ravens fan now things you learn in discord

Mughe
Mar 17, 2007

I'll tolerate you until I can replace you.
Boyd's knee was down but it was inconclusive. No challenge would have won that no matter which way the call was made originally.

Bengals really couldn't get many things going anyway so solid job by the Steelers D... even though I'm worried mike mitchell is one mistime hit away from either murdering someone or giving up 15 yard penalties. Mitchell would rather go for the hit than the sure-fire pick 6.

But gently caress it Steelers won. On to the next one.

Destoration
Apr 30, 2012
I dunno why I thought the jags were good

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

CannonFodder posted:

GO!

ravens are way loving smart

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Mughe posted:

Boyd's knee was down but it was inconclusive.

sounds like a conclusion to me

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
one of the problems with the pryor call is that it was just so unnecessary. it would be one thing if it was an official getting something wrong, in or out of bounds, knee down or not. this was just a completely out of nowhere "oh yeah that, that's a penalty" that killed the last drive of the game

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

Destoration posted:

they played the packers really well. perhaps we just overrate bortles and that jags d

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

lol I just noticed the Volkerball ad

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I'm usually less strident about the bullshit taunting thing but holy poo poo that's a terrible call

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Mel Mudkiper posted:

rats are also cool though so its not an insult

rats are the best pets for children: fact

Guinea pigs supremacy :colbert:

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Bad Moon posted:

Guinea pigs supremacy :colbert:

guinea pigs bite and have the agility and intelligence of a slug

Rat domination

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
^^^
Rat supremacy. They'd be better than dogs if they didn't have a three week life expectancy.

mastershakeman posted:

The Bengals haven't even turned it around yet, really, but the games now make up for my childhood of watching games and being annoyed every weekend. The moment when you realize your perennial heart-breaker is a real team again (For the Bengals it was KC in 2003) is worth it.

It's also nearly impossible to turn away from the home team in a mediocre rust belt city. I would have literally nothing other than music to talk to my dad about if it wasn't for football or :barf: baseball. With the Bengals we can have a civil conversation on current events without him bringing up #Alllivesmatter or Reaganomics.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

the bengals fumble was a bad call but there were two DPIs against the Steelers on 3rd down that didn't get called so cry a river of jizz

They missed a bunch of calls against both teams. If it wasn't for the history between the two teams setting the bar at "prevent more than one stabbing" they'd probably be disciplined. Hard to be upset about the officiating when one of the teams lays an egg.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

mastershakeman posted:

you'd think the browns lost 42-3 based on this post instead of leading most of the game

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Mel Mudkiper posted:

guinea pigs bite and have the agility and intelligence of a slug

Rat domination

A guinea pig can at least control it's bladder and doesn't just piss all over all the time. They can even be litter box trained!

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Destoration posted:

Packers' D makes everyone look good

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Sigh

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Bad Moon posted:

A guinea pig can at least control it's bladder and doesn't just piss all over all the time.

Whats the problem here

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010

Metapod posted:

Parm is a Ravens fan now things you learn in discord

Can confirm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mughe
Mar 17, 2007

I'll tolerate you until I can replace you.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

sounds like a conclusion to me

I am sorry for your loss.

• Locked thread