Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

blk posted:

I know but it's still funny af

Also good lord C5 Z06s are cheap. There's a nice 50k mile one near me for 17,5. I hear a lot about people autoxing them - are thy really a good choice for that stock?

I'm looking at the same thing right now :v:

If you can ignore the interior, swap the radio and shifter, they're great cars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
Just had this loving delicious traffic scenario.

Trying to street park the Charger and have signaled to parallel park, slowed down, and am now creeping up past the spot. Crown Vic tailgates me and honks impatiently. There's no way I'm taking the spot now, so I pull over at the next driveway to let them through.

They try to parallel park not but 10 spots ahead, so of course, I have to return the favor. Wait 10s for them to give up and make way and then drive past.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.
I woke up from a terrible nightmare where I was trying to change a snapped thottle cable in an OG Mini.

I don't own an OG Mini, in fact I have never been in one.

I guess it makes a change from that one about sitting an exam and discovering you are naked, I suppose.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

spog posted:

I woke up from a terrible nightmare where I was trying to change a snapped thottle cable in an OG Mini.

I don't own an OG Mini, in fact I have never been in one.

I guess it makes a change from that one about sitting an exam and discovering you are naked, I suppose.

I've been sick all weekend and last night I had a fever dream where Adam Conover tried to teach me about tires.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

RillAkBea posted:

I've been sick all weekend and last night I had a fever dream where Adam Conover tried to teach me about tires.

I am now imagining Adam Ruins Tires and it kinda sucks.

Unless he's ruining tires literally by way of sweet burnouts.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

I had a dream that it was sleeting hard outside. I checked the weather and the five day forecast dropped from 24 degrees to zero.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Wait, there's places where it gets cold in September?

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

Safety Dance posted:

I had a dream that it was sleeting hard outside. I checked the weather and the five day forecast dropped from 24 degrees to zero.

The other night I dreamed that I was back in my recently ex-GF's house, and she was sobbing desperately in the bathroom. I knew I couldn't open the door to comfort her no matter how much I wanted to.

gently caress you dreams, you're supposed to be weird or exciting not 100% realistic :mad:

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Enourmo posted:

Wait, there's places where it gets cold in September?

14C yesterday. Misreble cold.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Man that sounds loving ideal to me. Just cool enough to wear a hoodie.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

You'll be sorry you made fun of me when Daddy Donald jails all my posting enemies!

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

You're in the wrong hemisphere, though.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Depending on the low, that sounds pretty good.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

nm posted:

Depending on the low, that sounds pretty good.

12C. So loving misreble. It should be more like 25C with the vague threat of 30. We're only two weeks away from when the first wave of 30+ days are usually here and it's still this cold????

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I just spent a two hour long ride, through three city centers, at WOT :smuggo:

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Geirskogul posted:

I just spent a two hour long ride, through three city centers, at WOT :smuggo:

So how's the mower running?

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Enourmo posted:

So how's the mower running?

You're not far off.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

12C. So loving misreble. It should be more like 25C with the vague threat of 30. We're only two weeks away from when the first wave of 30+ days are usually here and it's still this cold????

25C+ only crew checking in

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Its 38c here today. 17 sounds magical.
But I broke my last rear wheel last night, so who cares I guess?

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

nm posted:

California weather sucks. It still gets way too cold.

I miss Guam :(

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....
Just found out the power lines running behind my place are 345 kV transmission lines (the 120/240 lines are below ground in this neighborhood) . Some kids got their kite tangled around the lines too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IG7PQOQEFmg

Totally blowing it out of proportion, I know, I'm just trying to stay grounded... It is just a teeny bit shocking when you consider that had any current conducted through that tiny string and through them, there likely wouldn't be much left. I mean, do you guys even have the capacitor to really understand what I'm saying here? Not trying to be a "Negative Nancy," it just really struck home for me tonight..

Those are some drat lucky kids my neighbor found them before they got another kite up.

:science: puns, go!

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

poo poo, that's what it's doing here right now and it is delicious fall.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

iwentdoodie posted:

California weather sucks. It still gets way too cold.

I miss Guam :(

Too many snakes.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

nm posted:

Too many snakes.

They have one snake and it doesn't bite people unless you actively try to get it to bite you.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
I went to the Rams game today and I would describe it as being 33.33 degrees and sunny as all hell.

Saw these on the way home.

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

Ether Frenzy posted:

I went to the Rams game today and I would describe it as being 33.33 degrees and sunny as all hell.

I'm the lack of touchdowns

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Ohm my. I'm reluctant to admit it but I've no idea watt the gently caress is going on here.
e: now this is stuck in my head
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2a4gyJsY0mc

Turbo Fondant fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Sep 19, 2016

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

345000 Volts. Makes your bug zapper feel a the little tickle you get when licking a 9volt.

Edit:
I'll leave my stupid response up because I totally missed your pun. Damnit.

I got all amped up thinking you really didn't understand. :v:

Beverly Cleavage fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Sep 19, 2016

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Well that became high-tension affair awfully quick, my terrible puns almost got through without any resistance.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

Honestly, I just wasn't sure how long it would take for the puns to commence. These jokes can be polarizing. Sometimes response is immediate, or sometimes my posts are just static/background noise to the general topic of conversation, meaning I just have to wait faraday.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

And to be ferrule we get excessively silly with it sometimes - I often question whether we armature enough to even post in this forum. But hey, at least it's something positive, and as long as we've not ground up the natural arc of chat thread conversation we can't really be at fault for anything.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I interrupt this pun broadcast for an emergency bulletin. Again, we say, WHAT THE gently caress GUY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lb_BURLuI70

I love discovering a new channel, and I think I'll put another effortpost in with links to their channel pages soon. I have maybe 60 that I subscribe to, which is enough for at least two-four new, good videos a day. Youtube is my new TV.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

nm posted:

Do you want a set of just about unbreakable wheels? Chris King Hubs with Belguim 3 rims or I have a set of H+SONS and Dura Ace. I'll be happy to send to the USA for a fellow AI'er

(Not for free of course, But I do have some bloody good wheels)

Honesty, I want 38C - I could ride tonight for hoooours. I've not been well (plus anti hystamine side effects... gently caress me and the lack of kms succcccks)

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Geirskogul posted:

I interrupt this pun broadcast for an emergency bulletin. Again, we say, WHAT THE gently caress GUY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lb_BURLuI70

I love discovering a new channel, and I think I'll put another effortpost in with links to their channel pages soon. I have maybe 60 that I subscribe to, which is enough for at least two-four new, good videos a day. Youtube is my new TV.

That guy is pretty funny. Not sure what that says about my sense of humor, but thanks for the link to that channel.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Do you want a set of just about unbreakable wheels? Chris King Hubs with Belguim 3 rims or I have a set of H+SONS and Dura Ace. I'll be happy to send to the USA for a fellow AI'er

(Not for free of course, But I do have some bloody good wheels)

Honesty, I want 38C - I could ride tonight for hoooours. I've not been well (plus anti hystamine side effects... gently caress me and the lack of kms succcccks)

You know I broke a 36h white hub? Unbreakable is just a challenge to me.
My only unbreakable wheel was a 48h shimano tandem hub reduced to 135OLD with a Bontrager Clyde (similar to a Rhyo Lite but a touch narrower). Well, until it got hit by a car. Welp.
That's 700c wheels. I think I've only broken 2 26in wheels in the last 20 years and that was on mountain bikes, so that doesn't count.

My touring bike is gonna get a 48h phil wood with probably a velocity cliffhanger (maybe a dyad or atlas) and some 2.3mm spokes. (With a shutter precision hub in the front). However, I need to save up a grand for that first.
I'm not that pissed about this one. I didn't expect a set of machine built 32h rims to last that long, but I was kinda hoping I'd get to the winter with 42s. They're only 3 months and 700mi old, so warranty should be pretty simple.

I hate biking in the hot. I love cold weather, well within reason, Minneapolis was a bit chilly for me.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Tommychu posted:

And to be ferrule we get excessively silly with it sometimes - I often question whether we armature enough to even post in this forum. But hey, at least it's something positive, and as long as we've not ground up the natural arc of chat thread conversation we can't really be at fault for anything.

I dunno man, a lot of the negative posts I see online keep me pretty grounded.

At least I'm not arc flashing anyone though.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

NitroSpazzz posted:

Cross post from my project thread but brother and I worked on things for a few hours yesterday between beer and food. Made some progress and figured some stuff out.

Picture removed.

Also what thread was I looking at that had a magazine clipping where somebody hated the sound of Subarus? I can't find it now.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

some texas redneck posted:

I think I killed my rental car.
THANKS OBAMA CHRYSLER

In general discussions over here in Britain there's a feeling it's hard to buy a truly bad new car anymore, even tyre wrist press are just mediocre. Maybe we don't get whatever they gave you?

Geirskogul posted:

You're not far off.

Boo. The Enfield was better :colbert:

iwentdoodie posted:

They have one snake and it doesn't bite people unless you actively try to get it to bite you.

I like to think that's one singular snake, poor fella just keeps getting pestered by tourists as he's trying to get to work each day.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Cakefool posted:

Boo. The Enfield was better :colbert:

I still have the Enfield. It needs a new piston, cylinder, and whatever else is hosed.

Oh also a title. I lost it.

The cb650 is gone, but it was all crashed up and bent. Also 70's honda fours are, like, super topheavy. And the 79 is a one-year-only everything.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

nm posted:

You know I broke a 36h white hub? Unbreakable is just a challenge to me.
My only unbreakable wheel was a 48h shimano tandem hub reduced to 135OLD with a Bontrager Clyde (similar to a Rhyo Lite but a touch narrower). Well, until it got hit by a car. Welp.
That's 700c wheels. I think I've only broken 2 26in wheels in the last 20 years and that was on mountain bikes, so that doesn't count.

My touring bike is gonna get a 48h phil wood with probably a velocity cliffhanger (maybe a dyad or atlas) and some 2.3mm spokes. (With a shutter precision hub in the front). However, I need to save up a grand for that first.
I'm not that pissed about this one. I didn't expect a set of machine built 32h rims to last that long, but I was kinda hoping I'd get to the winter with 42s. They're only 3 months and 700mi old, so warranty should be pretty simple.

I hate biking in the hot. I love cold weather, well within reason, Minneapolis was a bit chilly for me.

If I cant break it, no one can, Whites are fairly weak comapred to King or Dura Ace. And I just realised the main road bike has just reached 15,000 kms - rule of thumb is 30K for a S-Works so fuuuuuck I've half lifed the road bike.

Plus finally a century after two months of illness and loving prescription drugs. The drugs were the loving worst, I kept falling asleep and feeling fatiqued. Sure I have better breathing but what cost?

I feel so much goddamn better after telling the doctor to stop it, I'm just not coping with the dosage. I suspect I got over prescribed I have no known allergies and it's all hayfeaver related. I'm not loving happy as I feel like I lost a month. I would fall asleep in the server room and just plain under the desk - lst week I had to take Friday as Thursday I was a zombie. As much as I trust science..... this really threw some bloody doubts about doctors, a trust I usually like having. I'll take hayfever over loving whatever the hell I was on.

CAT INTERCEPTOR fucked around with this message at 13:05 on Sep 19, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

CharlesM posted:

Picture removed.

Also what thread was I looking at that had a magazine clipping where somebody hated the sound of Subarus? I can't find it now.
Picture is still there, imgur was probably just being stupid.

I sent out a snapchat Thursday morning from a Car and Driver magazine. Think it was something along the lines of "Can identify a STI coming because it sounds like an airplane about to crash"

• Locked thread