Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Blitz7x posted:

The Raiders Defense have allowed 1035 yards in the first two games of the season which breaks a 65 year old record lol

Lol

I want to know more about the team in 1951 that gave up over 1000 yards in two games. And the teams that dropped 500+ yards on them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
Wow Bucs, you saw how badly FSU poo poo the bed Saturday and felt the need to compete. Ugh. The worst part is that most of the INTs and turnovers were the receivers fault this week. Last week they were catching everything. This week if it was thrown right at them they'd fall down and allow a pick or run into the QB and knock it out of his hand. Jesus.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

Oberst posted:

The infant slaying, barrel burning, retard mocking, heartless human garbage Ravens fan Parmesan Basil

Welcome to the fold

I am feeling very attacked and abused right now...

So a typical Sunday night for AFCN fans!

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
I thought those fans were gonna kiss

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010

Parmesan Basil posted:

I am feeling very attacked and abused right now...

So a typical Sunday night for AFCN fans!

A typical Sunday since 1999.....like hell....

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Dak Prescott is cool and good

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
https://twitter.com/PatDStat/status/777669544353509378
https://twitter.com/awexlerKPRC/status/777662330385477632

I like this team

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

CannonFodder posted:

I want to know more about the team in 1951 that gave up over 1000 yards in two games. And the teams that dropped 500+ yards on them.

The 1951 New York Yanks season was their second as the Yanks (previously being the New York Bulldogs), and their final season before the franchise folded. The team failed to improve on their previous season's output of 7–5, winning only one game.[1] They played eight of their twelve games on the road, including seven of the first eight. Due to baseball team Yankees having rights to the stadium, force the football Yanks to move their first two home games (weeks 1 and 2) onto the road

Week
1 September 28, 1951 at Los Angeles Rams L 54–14
2 October 8, 1951 at Detroit Lions L 37–10

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Volkerball posted:

The 1951 New York Yanks season was their second as the Yanks (previously being the New York Bulldogs), and their final season before the franchise folded. The team failed to improve on their previous season's output of 7–5, winning only one game.[1] They played eight of their twelve games on the road, including seven of the first eight. Due to baseball team Yankees having rights to the stadium, force the football Yanks to move their first two home games (weeks 1 and 2) onto the road

Week

In the Rams game, they got outgained 722-111 yards. They only allowed 307 against the Lions. Our defense is worse than that teams.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Despera posted:

Its baltimore, someone has to start the random fires or itl lose its aesthetic

In cleaveland the fires just start on their own

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Parmesan Basil posted:

Reporting you for trolling!

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
I'm glad I watched next to nothing of that game, yeesh

I hate tom cable :(

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
I'm not glad with how Carolina played but am happy with a win. I'm happier about the Bucs no longer leading the NFC South, that was a bad week.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

The Raiders basically need to score 30+ points to for sure win a game

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Chargers injuries:

Early reports are that Jaheel Addae has a broken collarbone, and Danny Woodhead has a sprained MCL. Neither are season ending but they'll both probably be gone until mid to late october at the earliest

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Ostentatious posted:

The Raiders basically need to score 30+ points to for sure win a game

Out of curiosity what did you expect from your defense going into the season?

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Kirios posted:

Out of curiosity what did you expect from your defense going into the season?

mid table with all the money they spent in free agency. certainly not "worst defensive start to a season in nfl history." the mario edwards injury hurts but even with that context this poo poo is still unacceptable.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Giants Defense good. Giants ability to score offensive touchdowns, bad.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

so like

even with the offense playing to expectations the team needed at least an average defense to for sure make the playoffs. With the worst defense in history it's a bit trickier. I feel bad for Amari Cooper/Derek Carr

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

lol look at the newbie rear end dad at his first NFL game

Brought my kid to the game today and had zero issues because the Giants crowd isn't a bunch of neanderthals (in the lower bowl).

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

davecrazy posted:

Brought my kid to the game today and had zero issues because the Giants crowd isn't a bunch of neanderthals (in the lower bowl).

To be fair, not every franchise gets to give their shitheads to the Jets

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Mel Mudkiper posted:

To be fair, not every franchise gets to give their shitheads to the Jets

everyone else just gives them to the steelers

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Someone please photoshop him onto his own helmet, tia.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Volkerball posted:

Week

Volkerball posted:

In the Rams game, they got outgained 722-111 yards. They only allowed 307 against the Lions. Our defense is worse than that teams.
Thank you. 722 yards is impressive.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Ross Angeles posted:

Early reports are that Jaheel Addae has a broken collarbone

Trying really hard not to think "good" right now.

SonnyTheGreat
Jan 19, 2007

Tato posted:

I'm happier about the Bucs no longer leading the NFC South, that was a bad week.

The Bucs are the only NFC South team with a win in the division, they're still in first ;-)

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

The taunt sucked. Don't know if the Browns could have pulled it off but suffice it to say I'm glad we didn't have to find out.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

Trying really hard not to think "good" right now.

I wouldn't blame you at all. He's a headhunter and needs to stop.

Danny though. If you think "Good" about Woodhead being hurt we're gonna have problems.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Nah Woodhead is cool. Well, annoyingly good, but I wish him no harm.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
The hawks should just play backups against the rams to prevent major injuries. We lose anyway, even with starters.

Also I just watched Chinatown and gently caress what a depressing ending, also seeing who directed it after the story played out made more sense.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
wrong thread

Despera fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Sep 19, 2016

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/sdutGehlken/status/777647704390283264

https://twitter.com/sdutKevinAcee/status/777648485298425857

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Pissing all over your first round pick, fanbase and city in an attempt to leave hurts attendance, go figure

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

Ross Angeles posted:

Chargers injuries:

Early reports are that Jaheel Addae has a broken collarbone, and Danny Woodhead has a sprained MCL. Neither are season ending but they'll both probably be gone until mid to late october at the earliest

Woodhead being out is going to hurt quite a bit, since Rivers depends on him being open for quick hitters and pass pro. Addae.. he's not a very good player and hopefully it opens the door for Dexter McCoil to keep getting more snaps, he's been surprisingly decent when he has seen the field. Still, with how well Gordon and the offensive line has played, I think the Chargers can survive this current stretch if they don't lose anybody else.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Eifert Posting posted:

The animal or the football players.

I laughed bc it's ambiguous

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Ghost Dog posted:

everyone else just gives them to the steelers

Even shitheads like to win

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Ehud posted:

Pats fan coworker on my FB making sure I know we only had a shot in the game because they were down to their third string QB

He's not wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Durandal1707 posted:

Woodhead being out is going to hurt quite a bit, since Rivers depends on him being open for quick hitters and pass pro. Addae.. he's not a very good player and hopefully it opens the door for Dexter McCoil to keep getting more snaps, he's been surprisingly decent when he has seen the field. Still, with how well Gordon and the offensive line has played, I think the Chargers can survive this current stretch if they don't lose anybody else.

On the subject of the secondary, today was the best I've ever seen Verrett look. He's so loving good.

Casey Heyward was also super impressive, and Flowers had a pretty good day too.

• Locked thread