Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ImpactVector
Feb 24, 2007

HAHAHAHA FOOLS!!
I AM SO SMART!

Uh oh. What did he do now?

Nap Ghost
It's been a while since I've played, but you probably want a 4 in at least one of the things you want to do most often.

As for race, in EotE a Rodian or Twi'lek are probably your best bets since they give you a leg up on your chosen stats. The special abilities are nice to have, but not something I'd really build a character around.

Using one of those, it looks like it's possible to get two 4s if you really go all in including 10 extra obligation, but that's up to you. You can fill out your talents and skills with the extra starting XP your GM gave you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Red Hood posted:

After doing some reading, it seems the most common question about character creation from new players is the "should I spend all my XP on stats?"; I feel like having a 3 in Presence and Agility is the necessity, but I like the idea of being "well rounded" in the stat department so I never feel useless.

Also: I was looking at races, and didn't see any that really stood out to me. I liked the Togruta for the double white die assist, but it's not in an EotE sourcebook so I'm not sure it'd fly. In general, is there a race that makes for a better "leader" than the others?

Absolutely spend 100% of your xp on stats. The way the games math works is it takes the high of the stat and the skill and thats how many green dice you have. The lower of those two is how many green turn into yellow. Getting one more green dice is far far better than upgrading a yellow but is usually incredibly hard to get after character creation.

In terms of races, I'm not sure what you're allowed to use but just focus on what stats they have, all the side special abilities are usually pretty minor. Twi'lek will give you 1 more Presence than normal so you can do the extremely common build of: 4/3/3/2/2/1 that will cost exactly 100xp. Arrange those how you want (probably 4 presence and 3 agility though). Downside is that with 1 brawn you are pretty fragile but its in the core EotE book.

If you are allowed to go outside it (there arent' really any OP races or anything amazing out there, just stats that might line up with how you want your character to work) I would probably recommend a Grand from the AoR core rulebook. They're basically the same except you can get negotiation as your skill and their '1' stat is in cunning instead. Ultimately though race isnt a huge deal. Just pick a race that has a '3' in a stat you want the 3 in and a '1' in a stat you dont want it in. That way the very flexible and handy stat spread of 4/3/3/2/2/1 can be bought with the 100xp most races get. If you want to specialize a lot hard you can just go for two 4s too.

kingcom fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Sep 16, 2016

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

kingcom posted:

Absolutely spend 100% of your xp on stats. The way the games math works is it takes the high of the stat and the skill and thats how many green dice you have. The lower of those two is how many green turn into yellow. Getting one more green dice is far far better than upgrading a yellow but is usually incredibly hard to get after character creation.

Just to clarify, once your Skill (spend XP anytime to increase) is greater than your Characteristic (can only increase via Dedication talent at the bottom of specialization trees), increasing your green is just a matter of increasing your Skill.

ImpactVector
Feb 24, 2007

HAHAHAHA FOOLS!!
I AM SO SMART!

Nap Ghost
Yeah, to kind of put it into perspective, it would take 100 of your extra 140 XP to get to the bottom of the Politico tree to get just +1 more stat point. Get those stats as high as possible.

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice
It's probably not a good idea to go to 5 in a characteristic. I did it on my first character and it was overkill on that one group of skills but underwhelming on everything else.

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The strongest! The smartest!
The rightest!
4/3/3/2/2/1 is good and generally best for most characters, 4, 4, 2, 2, 2, 1 can work for specialized characters with kind GMs, and honestly, 3, 3, 3, 3, 2, 2 can honestly work for humans if you're making what is intended to be a very well rounded character.

Starting with 5 is a terrible mistake and makes you way too specialized. You should never just be doing the same singular thing forever.

homullus posted:

Just to clarify, once your Skill (spend XP anytime to increase) is greater than your Characteristic (can only increase via Dedication talent at the bottom of specialization trees), increasing your green is just a matter of increasing your Skill.

This won't happen until significantly later though. I honestly find I spend far more on talents then skills; you get a better sense of "now I have this cool thing" in a way skills tend not to provide, or at the very least, "now I'm closer to this cool thing."

In all honesty though, I feel FFG SW just has too many levers going on.

Red Hood
Feb 22, 2007

It's too late. You had your chance. And I'm just getting started.
Man, this is all great info. Went with the Gran race as Kingcom suggested. I don't have enough XP to get [Supreme] Inspiring Rhetoric at creation, but that's alright, something to look forward to after I actually get to play.

So here's my first build at 140xp:

"Squad Leaver v1 posted:

Name: Zhokoth Cien
Race: Gran
Career: Hired Gun (Mercenary Soldier)/Colonist (Politico)
Characteristics: Brawn 3, Agility 3, Intellect 2, Cunning 1, Willpower 2, Presence 4
Skills: Athletics 1, Brawl 1, Discipline 1, Leadership 3, Negotiation 1, Ranged (Heavy) 1, Ranged (Light) 1
Talents: Command (1), Dodge (1), Field Commander (Improved), Inspiring Rhetoric (Improved), Kill With Kindness (1), Second Wind (1)
XP: 260 (250 spent)

I honestly can't tell if one rank in the combat skills are good enough with Brawn 3. I want to make sure I can fight well enough to pass as a "soldier" within my group. (Party composition is a Gadgeteer, a Gunslinger, a Marauder and a Pilot of some sort.) Hopefully you guys will think this is a passable character for my concept.

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Red Hood posted:

Man, this is all great info. Went with the Gran race as Kingcom suggested. I don't have enough XP to get [Supreme] Inspiring Rhetoric at creation, but that's alright, something to look forward to after I actually get to play.

I honestly can't tell if one rank in the combat skills are good enough with Brawn 3. I want to make sure I can fight well enough to pass as a "soldier" within my group. (Party composition is a Gadgeteer, a Gunslinger, a Marauder and a Pilot of some sort.) Hopefully you guys will think this is a passable character for my concept.

It's not too shabby, you have the 3 agility which will be a big help. If need be you can skill up later or burn a destiny point to give you that additional yellow dice if you have a really tough battle ahead of you.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Red Hood posted:

3 of your 4 party members are combo wombos so dont feel bad if you dont think you are keeping up with them damage wise. All 3 are probably the best combat careers in edge of the empire too. To make it easier to work out, the vast majority of attacks will be against 2 purple dice (and probably a black dice). Roughly speaking if you had 2 green dice and 1 blue dice (from an aim) you will stastically hit more often that miss but its still a very narrow margin. If you add a yellow to all that you're very likely to be nailing shots, especially if people are passing you blue dice from their advantages (you are probably low on the action priority just given how scary the other party members may be).

Now this is all against regular troops. You're going to have more trouble against important characters and a nemesis but given you're party thats not going to be a huge issue. On top of that the Mercenary Commander tree gets you access to True Aim which is probably the most powerful talent in the game. If you are worried that will solve that problem down the line AND give you access to the dedication from that tree to bump a stat up if you feel you need it.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

ProfessorCirno posted:

4/3/3/2/2/1 is good and generally best for most characters, 4, 4, 2, 2, 2, 1 can work for specialized characters with kind GMs, and honestly, 3, 3, 3, 3, 2, 2 can honestly work for humans if you're making what is intended to be a very well rounded character.

Starting with 5 is a terrible mistake and makes you way too specialized. You should never just be doing the same singular thing forever.

Counterpoint: my 5 brawn Trandoshan is some of the most fun I've had playing games. He's the last thing a lot of guys ever see, and laughs at anything that's not mounted on a vehicle.

ImpactVector
Feb 24, 2007

HAHAHAHA FOOLS!!
I AM SO SMART!

Nap Ghost

kingcom posted:

3 of your 4 party members are combo wombos so dont feel bad if you dont think you are keeping up with them damage wise.
Yeah, I wouldn't worry too much. Your character is basically a face who can shoot things. With a party like that I suspect that you may actually want to go down the road of improving your social skills before you worry too much about beefing up your murder skills.

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice

Red Hood posted:

I honestly can't tell if one rank in the combat skills are good enough with Brawn 3. I want to make sure I can fight well enough to pass as a "soldier" within my group.
Honestly ranged is easier than melee and brawl. Only one difficulty from short range and you can use cover. Hmm... although now that I think about it might be a lot of fun to go brawl just to get into fistfights.

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

ProfessorCirno posted:

This won't happen until significantly later though.
Let's not say things we don't mean. Skills are 5 XP times the new level, +5 XP if it's outside your career. If it's a Career Skill, going 0 to 1 costs 5, 0 to 2 costs 15, 0 to 3 costs 30, 0 to 4 costs 50, and 0 to 5 costs 75. Recommended XP drip is 10-20 XP plus 5 for roleplaying per session (independent of arc-finishing bonuses), so you're looking at exceeding your Characteristic in as little as a single session, and almost certainly within four sessions.

Red Hood
Feb 22, 2007

It's too late. You had your chance. And I'm just getting started.
So, I just scored a minor win with my GM. I was looking through all the races and saw that for Characteristics, Gran and Gungan have the same spread. So I convinced my GM that he should let me be a Gungan instead. I promised to use "weesa" and "yousa" and "okie-day" in a gruff, grizzled voice. Going to make Gungans cool.

I also decided that I'm going to stay in character the whole time; any jokes about Gungans or imitations of how they speak I'm going to take as in-character and be really sensitive about it. The name Jar-Jar is my trigger.

I'm really, really excited about this now. My GM told me that pretty much all the other players don't "roleplay" their character or stay in character at all; I'm hoping I'll set a good example.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Yousa think yousa can make funname just cause mesa got a "silly" accent? Weesa gonna see how silly yousa sound when yousa jaw be bombad broken. *cracks knuckles*

Also, as potential inspiration.

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The strongest! The smartest!
The rightest!

wiegieman posted:

Counterpoint: my 5 brawn Trandoshan is some of the most fun I've had playing games. He's the last thing a lot of guys ever see, and laughs at anything that's not mounted on a vehicle.

I mean ok, it can work, but a) pretty much just with Brawn because of how Brawn interacts with soak, and b) for a new player, I still think it's a terrible decision to overspecialize like that, and also c) given the character they wanted to make, overspecialization is even more a trap, but also d) their party is already got Supreme Murderman characters.

Or in other words, it could work, but only for a very select few very specific characters for specific situations.

homullus posted:

Let's not say things we don't mean. Skills are 5 XP times the new level, +5 XP if it's outside your career. If it's a Career Skill, going 0 to 1 costs 5, 0 to 2 costs 15, 0 to 3 costs 30, 0 to 4 costs 50, and 0 to 5 costs 75. Recommended XP drip is 10-20 XP plus 5 for roleplaying per session (independent of arc-finishing bonuses), so you're looking at exceeding your Characteristic in as little as a single session, and almost certainly within four sessions.

Sure, but like I said - and maybe it's just me - I always end up going for talents over skills. It just feels like a more satisfying upgrade, I guess. That doesn't mean I never upgrade skills...just that they're sort of a distant second place.

ProfessorCirno fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Sep 17, 2016

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Yousa think yousa can make funname just cause mesa got a "silly" accent? Weesa gonna see how silly yousa sound when yousa jaw be bombad broken. *cracks knuckles*

Also, as potential inspiration.

"Meesa gonna cut yousa a new set a' gills."

Jeb Bush 2012
Apr 4, 2007

A mathematician, like a painter or poet, is a maker of patterns. If his patterns are more permanent than theirs, it is because they are made with ideas.

Red Hood posted:

So, I just scored a minor win with my GM. I was looking through all the races and saw that for Characteristics, Gran and Gungan have the same spread. So I convinced my GM that he should let me be a Gungan instead. I promised to use "weesa" and "yousa" and "okie-day" in a gruff, grizzled voice. Going to make Gungans cool.

I also decided that I'm going to stay in character the whole time; any jokes about Gungans or imitations of how they speak I'm going to take as in-character and be really sensitive about it. The name Jar-Jar is my trigger.

I'm really, really excited about this now. My GM told me that pretty much all the other players don't "roleplay" their character or stay in character at all; I'm hoping I'll set a good example.

playing any kind of gungan is approximately the worst possible example you could set though?

Blackula Vs. Tarantula
Jul 6, 2005

😤I am NOT Captain_Redbeard🧔

Serperoth posted:

(Also I see Astromech actions there. Are those in a supplement or am I missing something?)

The astromech actions are from Stay on Target, the ace supplement.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
I recently got into this and goddamn its loving good.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Motherfucker posted:

I recently got into this and goddamn its loving good.

:yeah:

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
Hey all, just wondering if any of you are aware of if there is any material/stats for Gundarks? Since I've currently got my party (three PCs at present; one sniper/assassin, one soldier/heavy-weapons kinda guy and one pacifist doctor. All three were hired by the Imps, to be planted as double-agents with the Rebels to find out post-Hoth base location info, etc.) rescuing a downed Y-Wing pilot and gunner with crucial information on a no-name uninhabited partially-forested moon, and have just found them and killed some soldiers who were also tracking the pilots.
Both Y-Wing crewmen are wounded (one was bleeding out pretty bad but has been stabilized, the other is somewhat wounded and unable to walk for long on their own, but can shoot) and are being assisted by the two PC combatants. However the doctor is on his own (originally watching the ship the party came in on) as he was sent out in the opposite direction to go the crash site to recover the data, after it was discovered that the pilots only had the info stored on their ship computer, rather than having documents, etc. on their person. However, in order to make the escape sequence slightly more tense (both combatant PCs have been wounded a little bit, but are pretty well-equipped), I thought it might be interesting to have a creature like a Gundark rock up, especially seeing as they're still a couple of hours from the ship. :v: There are a couple of speeder-bikes they found in a clearing around 45min away from where they currently are though, that were used by the other people hunting the pilots.

Also, can any of you think of a good (preferably non-mandatory) incentive to keeping at least one of the Y-Wing crewmen alive? Since I get the feeling that the two PCs are just going to ditch them and run, the moment poo poo hits the fan (as their attitude is pretty...well, mercenary, and we've also got the data from their crashed ship), since I feel that will make the next sequence a little more interesting/tense, seeing as that'll mean they'll need to help the wounded get back to the ship as opposed to just cut-and-run. I was potentially thinking about having the data be password-locked, so that although the Reb command might know, if the party wants to send the data to their Imp handlers (so that they're aware of what the Rebs now know and can determine what needs to be done to make that information as useless as possible, etc.) they'll need to buddy-up with the Y-Wing pilot and/or gunner.
However I suspect that they may not care about this kind of thing either, so I'm very much open to ideas :v:

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I'm DMing an edge of the empire bit where our players (complete sociopaths) are working for the Hutts to hunt down 'someone' who is loving over their powerbase with disturbing insider knowledge of their blackmailing habits, the twist is that the guy is a former Twi-lek slave turned unibomber cave hermit and objectively a good guy (my players won't care because they've crossed the moral event horizon)

I'm thinking of giving the guy a custom bit of gear which is essentially an old timey thumb activated detonator which is in fact a ranged light weapon that uses a special band of radiation to set off the detonators of any explosives you happen to be carrying. (basically a pistol that does no damage outright but uses the explosive template of any bombs you got, missiles, grenades ect, purely because one of my players is a horrible jerk who uses minions to get past the prep time of his missile tube)

Problem is I dunno how to balance such a weapon, I'm thinking slow firing with the good ol' if you roll a despair the thing stops working to the end of the encounter...

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Major Isoor posted:

Hey all, just wondering if any of you are aware of if there is any material/stats for Gundarks? Since I've currently got my party (three PCs at present; one sniper/assassin, one soldier/heavy-weapons kinda guy and one pacifist doctor. All three were hired by the Imps, to be planted as double-agents with the Rebels to find out post-Hoth base location info, etc.) rescuing a downed Y-Wing pilot and gunner with crucial information on a no-name uninhabited partially-forested moon, and have just found them and killed some soldiers who were also tracking the pilots.
Both Y-Wing crewmen are wounded (one was bleeding out pretty bad but has been stabilized, the other is somewhat wounded and unable to walk for long on their own, but can shoot) and are being assisted by the two PC combatants. However the doctor is on his own (originally watching the ship the party came in on) as he was sent out in the opposite direction to go the crash site to recover the data, after it was discovered that the pilots only had the info stored on their ship computer, rather than having documents, etc. on their person. However, in order to make the escape sequence slightly more tense (both combatant PCs have been wounded a little bit, but are pretty well-equipped), I thought it might be interesting to have a creature like a Gundark rock up, especially seeing as they're still a couple of hours from the ship. :v: There are a couple of speeder-bikes they found in a clearing around 45min away from where they currently are though, that were used by the other people hunting the pilots.

Also, can any of you think of a good (preferably non-mandatory) incentive to keeping at least one of the Y-Wing crewmen alive? Since I get the feeling that the two PCs are just going to ditch them and run, the moment poo poo hits the fan (as their attitude is pretty...well, mercenary, and we've also got the data from their crashed ship), since I feel that will make the next sequence a little more interesting/tense, seeing as that'll mean they'll need to help the wounded get back to the ship as opposed to just cut-and-run. I was potentially thinking about having the data be password-locked, so that although the Reb command might know, if the party wants to send the data to their Imp handlers (so that they're aware of what the Rebs now know and can determine what needs to be done to make that information as useless as possible, etc.) they'll need to buddy-up with the Y-Wing pilot and/or gunner.
However I suspect that they may not care about this kind of thing either, so I'm very much open to ideas :v:

I dunno this sounds like a three kings setup if I ever saw it, have the y-wing guys hiding a map to treasure (between his asscheeks) worthy of betraying the empire and the rebels to acquire, if they're properly mercenary its not like they're gonna let a shipping crate of the setting's equivalent of gold bullion go to the rebels OR the imps.

Motherfucker fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Sep 19, 2016

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Motherfucker posted:

I dunno this sounds like a three kings setup if I ever saw it, have the y-wing guys hiding a map to treasure (between his asscheeks) worthy of betraying the empire and the rebels to acquire

"Is it true to get into the 501st you gotta cut off a rebels ear?"

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice

Major Isoor posted:

Hey all, just wondering if any of you are aware of if there is any material/stats for Gundarks?
These probably aren't considered "official" but a quick search led me to this...
GM Resources: A Galaxy Full of Beasts

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Is there anything like orokos for Edge dice?

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice

Covok posted:

Is there anything like orokos for Edge dice?

Yes. It's called orokos.

quote:

Edge of the Empire - XeY, where Y is the first letter of the die type: Ability, Boost, Challenge, Difficulty, Force, Proficiency, or Setback

Examples

Edge of the Empire: 2eA+1eP+3eD 2 Ability 1 Proficiency 3 Difficulty dice

nelson fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Sep 19, 2016

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"Negotiations were going well. They were very impressed by my hat." -Issaries the Concilliator"

Motherfucker posted:

Problem is I dunno how to balance such a weapon, I'm thinking slow firing with the good ol' if you roll a despair the thing stops working to the end of the encounter...

Giving them a fair warning is the only balance you need.
Replace their minion with explosives with a small crater and give them change to throw their explosives far away.

If they don't it's time to :getin:

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

nelson posted:

These probably aren't considered "official" but a quick search led me to this...
GM Resources: A Galaxy Full of Beasts

Thanks! I think I'll need to keep this page in mind for the future; seems like it'll be quite useful, for some of the slightly lesser-known beasts/creatures I can use against the players! :D

Motherfucker posted:

I dunno this sounds like a three kings setup if I ever saw it, have the y-wing guys hiding a map to treasure (between his asscheeks) worthy of betraying the empire and the rebels to acquire, if they're properly mercenary its not like they're gonna let a shipping crate of the setting's equivalent of gold bullion go to the rebels OR the imps.

This seems like a pretty interesting idea - since the moon they're on is a bit out of the way. I originally planned on the Y-Wing pilot having flown there to shake their tail and lay low for a day or two, before resuming the trip back to base... however they may've used it as a stop-off to offload some stolen valuables they picked up while away on the mission, to pick up later on. (And their chosen location may be a cave that happens to be the residence of a large beast that happened to be out at the time) Although how much can a Y-Wing carry? There were originally two as part of the operation, but one was taken out and this one was badly damaged and crash-landed. Might have to have it so both were originally hauling the valuables out, so they've only got half the original haul and thought "fine, why not split it to help ensure survival?"
Thanks for the idea - you might be onto something!

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

zVxTeflon posted:

"Is it true to get into the 501st you gotta cut off a rebels ear?"

"We can all agree there have been many excellent wookiee podracers."

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Someone should make a Discord FFG dice roller, because Discord would seriously be a great way to run a game vs PbP or Roll20... has most of the advantages of both things, and also has some great phone apps for every OS.

https://github.com/gblosser42/Discord-Dice

Something like this but as a bot that you can just have in the channel so that even on your phone people could roll. Would be really easy to setup, too:

- Have a Group for the entire Campaign
- One channel is OOC
- One channel is the DM Setting channel, post stuff like maps, pics of NPCs, etc on there so they're always easy to reference and don't get lost.
- One channel for the actual IC roleplay. You could do the dice rolls in here, in the OOC channel, or even in a separate Dice channel, though that'd be a bit much.

You could still get that Roll20 vibe of everyone being able to chat in real time, plus you have the option to do voice stuff on the fly for, say, a battle sequence. Difference is that people can use their phones to contribute and you also have the PbP benefit of being able to have drastically different times and don't need to necessarily always coordinate times for sessions, you can hotswap between the two formats as needed.

Would totally work well, I think... just need a drat dice roller, because rolling in orokos and pasting the link is annoying as gently caress on a phone.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Fuzz posted:

Someone should make a Discord FFG dice roller, because Discord would seriously be a great way to run a game vs PbP or Roll20... has most of the advantages of both things, and also has some great phone apps for every OS.

https://github.com/gblosser42/Discord-Dice

Something like this but as a bot that you can just have in the channel so that even on your phone people could roll. Would be really easy to setup, too:

- Have a Group for the entire Campaign
- One channel is OOC
- One channel is the DM Setting channel, post stuff like maps, pics of NPCs, etc on there so they're always easy to reference and don't get lost.
- One channel for the actual IC roleplay. You could do the dice rolls in here, in the OOC channel, or even in a separate Dice channel, though that'd be a bit much.

You could still get that Roll20 vibe of everyone being able to chat in real time, plus you have the option to do voice stuff on the fly for, say, a battle sequence. Difference is that people can use their phones to contribute and you also have the PbP benefit of being able to have drastically different times and don't need to necessarily always coordinate times for sessions, you can hotswap between the two formats as needed.

Would totally work well, I think... just need a drat dice roller, because rolling in orokos and pasting the link is annoying as gently caress on a phone.

I can give it a shot at some point, thanks for bringing this up. A friend and I made a bot to post Magic cards, so this should be easier. But then again he also did most of the work so :v:

ShineDog
May 21, 2007
It is inevitable!
I should speak to my housemate and have her finish her really good dice roller phone app. We kind of stalled on it after, uh, we ended up not liking the game.

I'm sure other people would like the app though.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

This claims to be a dice discord app that supports ffgsw: https://www.rpnation.com/topic/259702-discord-dice-app/

but I haven't seen it in action.

MinorRed
Jul 27, 2011

wiegieman posted:

This claims to be a dice discord app that supports ffgsw: https://www.rpnation.com/topic/259702-discord-dice-app/

It works, it just doesn't cancel out for threats or failures.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

wiegieman posted:

gently caress yes. I'm gonna have to give this a try.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Has anyone ever used Protect/Unleash in play? Required Force Rating of 3+ means only super high levels characters ever get to use it. Hell, is it even worth it?

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice

Covok posted:

Has anyone ever used Protect/Unleash in play? Required Force Rating of 3+ means only super high levels characters ever get to use it. Hell, is it even worth it?
Isn't that the lightning power that palpatine uses?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Covok posted:

They are incredibly powerful abilities, especially as you might have a big crazy 5 or something in your willpower by then. You get a giant damage reduction for protect while unleash is alright but nothing particularly special unless you're really willing to just dump it all the way down to Control at the bottom so you can destiny it for a maneuver and attack on the same turn. Protect is insanely good mostly because as far as I can tell you can stack it with reflect/parry and your soak to just ignore huge damage stacks. The one real advantage of Unleash is it ignores all the crazy bonuses and defences an enemy usually has at that level of play since its always just against a 2 Purple check but that never seems worth it to me.

kingcom fucked around with this message at 09:23 on Sep 25, 2016