Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
cry some more you loving pigs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
to serve and protect

lol

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
To serve and protect unless you hurt our widdle feewings

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Lol got some real gangsters in this thread

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

It's just interesting to me how it seems the general response from military is one of support but from police it's the polar opposite. For any shred of what it's worth I'm a military vet and I have no issue with any of it.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

shyduck posted:

It's just interesting to me how it seems the general response from military is one of support but from police it's the polar opposite. For any shred of what it's worth I'm a military vet and I have no issue with any of it.

Most cops play soldiers in their "urban warfare" beats. The ones who behave like citizens trying to take care of other citizens are the rare good cop.

Remember when police used to be civilians?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I had a former cop friend say on Facebook that "civilians" wouldn't understand. Wow it's almost like if you call everything War on This and War on That and give them MRAPs and poo poo they start to think of communities as enemy combatants.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Lol got some real gangsters in this thread

I don't think anyone from the police union posts here to be honest.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

v2vian man posted:

I agree with you guys and all but I think the Brooks and Isola takes are much more harmful in this discussion than Newton. The sheer number of loving idiots out there is depressing

Yeah, I'm sad Cam chooses the Russell Wilson route, but I can't blame him for getting by. Frank Isola is just another lovely sportswriter who panders to those idiots and David Brooks should be launched into the sun for sure.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Spoeank posted:

I had a former cop friend say on Facebook that "civilians" wouldn't understand. Wow it's almost like if you call everything War on This and War on That and give them MRAPs and poo poo they start to think of communities as enemy combatants.

The psych ward I worked at banned police officers from carrying their guns on unit. That was usually all it took to keep most of them from entering. They were absolutely petrified of going into a situation without a gun. It didn't seem to bother the geriatric nurses, but a young, fit, white male can't be around a bunch of meth heads without protection. :rolleyes:

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Coldforge posted:

Law enforcement (especially correctional officers) unions are literally the only thing that makes me think organized labor is maybe not a good idea.

Lemme see if I can push you over the top: http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/296342-nations-largest-police-union-endorses-trump

A really great commentary on that Brooks article:

http://wonkette.com/606646/david-brooks-would-like-young-black-football-players-to-stop-kneeling-on-his-lawn

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

As someone in Broward County, gently caress BSO forever. Amen.

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate

Spoeank posted:

To serve and protect unless you hurt our widdle feewings

to serve and protect who they feel like
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warren_v._District_of_Columbia

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Holy sweet loving Christ and all the Order of Powers, Seraphs, and Cherubim...

gently caress this gay earth... gently caress it with fire.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

I want to use this at work now.

"Yes I am supposed to provide good customer service to our insureds as a whole, but you never said anything about individual insureds so I believe I am free to go thank you."

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
The kind of rules lawyering that would make a sovereign citizen proud.

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice

shyduck posted:

They've gotten so used to widespread fellatio for killing young black men over the past few years that anything but unabashed praise for every single cop in America is a personal affront of the highest order.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

The handsome, injured man to my left weighs in:

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2016/09/17/deandre-levy-colin-kaepernick/90580148/

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Oh, I guess we hadn't heard anything from this dumbass yet:

https://twitter.com/WhitlockJason/status/777533816659283968

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

Kalli posted:

can't believe Deadspin tricked Kaepernick into protesting football

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Kalli posted:

Does....does he think Colin is protesting the concept of football?

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Spoeank posted:

Watching the Eagles Browns game, there was a commercial for Pat Toomey for Senate that praises his platform of more body armor and armored personnel carriers for the police.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Asproigerosis posted:

Watching the Eagles Browns game, there was a commercial for Pat Toomey for Senate that praises his platform of more body armor and armored personnel carriers for the police.

Do cops not have vests already?

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Chichevache posted:

Do cops not have vests already?

It didn't really go into specifics, but I'd assume either not every single podunk sheriff deputy has one or they don't have rifle caliber steel plate variants.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Coldforge posted:

Law enforcement (especially correctional officers) unions are literally the only thing that makes me think organized labor is maybe not a good idea.
The FOP is literally the worst thing to come from Pittsburgh, they have a disgustingly overbearing monument right next to Heinz Field; thank god the Mr. Rogers monument is right next to it to heal my eyes from that eye sore.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Kalli posted:

lol he is super mad that Deadspin roasted him

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Kalli posted:

how does this person exist

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
I looked it up and Whitlock is claiming leftists are anti-black because they want people to not watch the NFL which is 68% black

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Liberals, football owns. Please don't take it away from me. :ohdear:

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Chilichimp posted:

Liberals, football owns. Please don't take it away from me. :ohdear:

first guns, then football, then mandatory gay sex!

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Mel Mudkiper posted:

first guns, then football, then mandatory gay sex!

Michael Sam was an inside job

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Asproigerosis posted:

Michael Sam was an inside job

:stare:

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
e^^^ wow that is a good picture

it's cool that they don't have a duty to specific individuals but individuals have a binding responsibility to aid police officers

ftp

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

indigi posted:

e^^^ wow that is a good picture

it's cool that they don't have a duty to specific individuals but individuals have a binding responsibility to aid police officers

ftp

Lmao. Sometimes I think the world is sufficiently lovely enough that we as a collective species deserve somebody like Trump. If he did get elected, what did any of us do to really stop it? We deserve this. We deserve failure. Cleveland deserves the Browns. Seahawks deserve to lose to the Rams from now until the end of time, ie. next season. It is written and it shall be done Allahu Akbar

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

...what year is it?

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
Eagles and their head coach are doing something for the anthem tonight.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000703966/article/pederson-would-join-eagles-in-teamwide-gesture

NFL posted:

Doug Pederson would join Eagles in teamwide gesture

Doug Pederson stands with his players.

The first-year Eagles coach was asked Saturday whether he would prevent his players from protesting during the national anthem on Monday night if they choose to do so and expressed his support of whatever action they wish to take.

"If they wanted to do something teamwide, I would definitely be for that," Pederson explained. "I think it just shows unity, and there's no division that way. And I think it sends a great message that from our standpoint and the National Football League and the platform and as individuals, we love this country and what it represents and the flag and the national anthem and everything.

"Listen, we're not perfect, obviously, and for us to stand sort of united that way would be -- I would be OK for that."

On Friday, veteran safety Malcolm Jenkins initiated the discussion about a potential protest by Eagles players on Monday night, in the same vein as other demonstrations that permeated throughout the league in Week 1. Per SportsRadio 94WIP, Jenkins said that he will "most likely" be joining in on a protest and that other Eagles will "definitely" do something during the anthem.

Jenkins added, "We got guys, especially myself, who feel very strongly about the topic and last week, we talked about doing some stuff, but we wanted to make sure that we didn't do anything to take away from the folks, and the families that suffered from 9/11. We didn't want to mess with that day.

"For me, it has nothing to do with this country, or the flag, or the anthem itself. Really, it's just to continue to push for the conversation about social injustice. ... That's a range of things from police brutality to wages and job opportunities, education. It's just a lot of things set up systematically in this country, since its inception, that really puts minorities, especially African-Americans, at a disadvantage."

Colin Kaepernick's decision to sit during the national anthem to protest social injustice against African-Americans and other minorities in the United States has clearly found support among NFL players. Last week, players from the Seahawks, Chiefs, Dolphins, Patriots, Rams and 49ers all staged demonstrations of unity during the national anthem.

Eagles joining the pantheon of Known Good Teams.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

axeil posted:

Eagles and their head coach are doing something for the anthem tonight.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000703966/article/pederson-would-join-eagles-in-teamwide-gesture

Eagles joining the pantheon of Known Good Teams.

They're gonna pelt the flag with snowballs

Seriously though, thats good to hear.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
White people are so loving scared of acknowledging "division" aka difference

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/leezeldin/status/777897972499488768

:flame:

The Hottest of Hot Takes.

• Locked thread