Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Sakurazuka posted:

Because while Berserk is a good and popular manga it's not a multi-billion yen media franchise like Gundam.
Though a lot of this has to do with anime companies being very dumb and bad about making money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry

Terrible Opinions posted:

Though a lot of this has to do with anime companies being very dumb and bad about making money.

I honestly don't understand why they do things half the time.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

Darth Walrus posted:

Speaking of, any characters you'd particularly like to see as playable in the new game? Most of the Neo-Hawks are going to be obvious answers, but I want to give a shout out to Mozgus. I bet he'd be really fun in both forms. Isidro and Puck as a single character could be pretty neat, too.

I want to play Donovan.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

I would want to play as Dark Schneider.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
Does Farnese ever actually fight? Or, do violence against anyone that isn't herself or a restrained Guts or helpless poor person heretic?

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

Does Farnese ever actually fight? Or, do violence against anyone that isn't herself or a restrained Guts or helpless poor person heretic?

Read the manga.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

Rodyle posted:

Read the manga.

Oh with the stuff Shierke taught her?.

snickothemule
Jul 11, 2016

wretched single ply might as well use my socks

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

She gets a bit knifey against trolls protecting Casca in some nasty cave, but from what I remember those panels were mostly exposition about fear or something idk. Outside of that instance and the magic spells I can't remember her kicking rear end, more coming to grips about herself as a person and staring at Guts' shredded (literally) body.

I think that's why I like her as a character, she's basically most dangerous when she thinks she has power but yields it without conviction or skill. When she realises that she isn't as strong as her faith lead her to believe, she clams up and is effectively powerless. Her finding strength and purpose within herself is leading her to becoming that which she once hated most and most importantly, she is gaining respect from her peers. Not for her political position, but for her emerging talents.

I'm interested to see where her personal development will go should Casca get her mind back. Even though Guts has been praising her as she's been developing her talents, the nature of Guts and Casca's relationship could do some harm to her fragile mind.

snickothemule fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Sep 19, 2016

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
She's getting pretty handy with those vine whips Schierke gave her - she's saved a number of Team Guts's other members' bacon with them.

And my word, isn't there some heavy symbolism in that?

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
The characters you want to play as are Prome and Delos from Gigantomachia.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Bazuso DLC when Koei-Tecmo :v:

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Sep 20, 2016

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Yardbomb posted:

Bazuso DLC when Koei-Tecto :v:

Given that Hokuto Musou has characters like Mr. Heart and Generic Outlaw (yes, I mean that literally) as DLC, that's not as improbable as you might think.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

At least until the new Idolm@ster game comes out

I still think the best course of action would be finding a fan of Berserk rich enough to buy the devs of Idolmaster and then throwing their entire work into a big wood chipper.

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012

EthanSteele posted:

The characters you want to play as are Prome and Delos from Gigantomachia.

i dont wanna be a pedophile piss drinker

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Darth Walrus posted:

Given that Hokuto Musou has characters like Mr. Heart and Generic Outlaw (yes, I mean that literally) as DLC, that's not as improbable as you might think.

Outlaw was a really great character though, he had a bunch of moves that were references to stuff in HnK.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Law Cheetah posted:

i dont wanna be a pedophile piss drinker

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Sat in bed and finally finished the final episode and lol, if this season turned out even mediocre at best that teaser at the end would have got me hype as gently caress but this whole thing has been garbage that belongs in the trash

The only hope is they either get a different studio to do it or at least find a new director/producer. I think I feel bad for Miura in particular because at least the 97 series and the films had some positives, the only positive from this has been "is still Berserk".

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

it gave us Hai Yo and Ash Crow and for that, I will say thanks but I'll never watch it again

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
https://www.reddit.com/r/Berserk/comments/53mwii/berserk_goes_on_hiatus_again/

the poster acting as an apologist for miura amuses me. yeah, its not him being lazy its the publishers :rolleyes:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Relin posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Berserk/comments/53mwii/berserk_goes_on_hiatus_again/

the poster acting as an apologist for miura amuses me. yeah, its not him being lazy its the publishers :rolleyes:

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

I don't think a lazy person can crosshatch the way Miura does.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

He doesn't seem to live much of a public life, if at all, so I wouldn't be terribly shocked if he's just not in super great health and the effort that he wants to put into Berserk means he has to take a long time to build up pages to release.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

theres so much detail in berserks art that I honestly wouldn't be surprised if like the 5 chapters we get a year actually take a pretty hefty chunk of time.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yeah, I was going to ask, how's his health? I mean, we now know for sure that Togashi's hiatuses are because his back is so bad he has to be hospitalized sometimes. Maybe Miura's not doing so great either. I mean, he's fifty.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
It takes time to regrow your fingers after you wear them down to nubs after drawing so many lines.

Pensive
Oct 31, 2012
While it is fun to joke about the constant breaks, there's an interview with Miura I read once from back around 2006 or so that paints a picture of him as being very firmly in the "Perfectionist workaholic who constantly burns himself out" camp of artists who reguarly go on hiatus. The parts that I really remember where that Miura's work schedule is basically: Wake up->go to studio->eat->go back to studio->Sleep and the fact that he has been known to throw out entire pages due to a single mistake.

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!
Someone needs to send him a big box of erasers, and meanwhile decouple the karap anime from the manga. I mean really, a POS anime speculated to result in a publishing block?

Who are the people that are buying these bridges?

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
So there might be a version of Griffith where he transforms into Femto, so here's hoping I can do goofy poo poo as all of the Godhand.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

OH GOD WHY IS THERE ANOTHER SEASON COMING WHY??? :gonk:

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

because it was sufficiently profitable or moved enough manga/merch that the production committee decided to fund a new season

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

Because judging from season 1's quality, it cost nothing.

(jk, I'm sure it had a fine budget, it was just hosed by bad CG and incompetence).

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

(Why must we suffer)

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

hell, you could just not watch it, and then realize that an anime you're not watching has no negative effect on your life

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Cake Attack posted:

hell, you could just not watch it, and then realize that an anime you're not watching has no negative effect on your life
That would be true were I (and most of the fandom) were not Berserk fans. Unfortunately we are, and we feel like Miami Dolphins fans.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I'm a Berserk fan and I watched one episode then decided not to watch more. I'll do the same for S2, presumably.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

Rodyle posted:

I'm a Berserk fan and I watched one episode then decided not to watch more. I'll do the same for S2, presumably.
Same. Its more fun to see random screen grabs from other people.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Rodyle posted:

Same. I saw enough. Seeing the horrors documented in gifs was entertaining and I can just listen to the Hirasawa music on it's own.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
How is the game/anime going to get around showing Slann's cooch? I mean in the anime they can just make sure the tips of her wings always cover it up like in the comic in any scene her model is in, but for the game???

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Not modeling or texturing it, like any game that has a magical girl transformation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
And probably creative angling so you never notice it.