Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

All the best octopodes shoot fire and ice.
This was based on how cool they are right, not competitive usefulness? Cause gently caress monkeys.

S

A

B

C

D

F

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

Lupus Rufus posted:

I need to get myself a Thundurus. I know they exist in OR/AS (I only have OR)... I'm thinking of trying to get the Therian forme stuffs from Dream Radar via White 2 though? How tedious is that?

I was trying to do some trade evos with myself over GTS so I put up my Dusclops for my Thundurus because I thought no one else would want to make that trade. Someone did it by the time I got to my other game.

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Your title was so old it used HTML which isn't even allowed in titles anymore what the hell
If you guys are only interested in news I don't blame you at all but serebii.net yo. Shits useful.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Come for the news, get exasperated by the shitposting, fall in love with the shitposting, stay for the shitposting,

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
only true pokemon fans know that exeggcute are seeds, not eggs.

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Your title was so old it used HTML which isn't even allowed in titles anymore what the hell

Tired Moritz posted:

only true pokemon fans know that exeggcute are seeds, not eggs.

Pokedex posted:

Red/Blue: Often mistaken for eggs. When disturbed, they quickly gather and attack in swarms.

Yellow: The heads attract each other and spin around. There must be 6 heads for it to maintain balance.

Gold: The shell is very durable. Even if it cracks, it can survive without spilling the contents.

Silver: Using telepathy only they can receive, they always form a cluster of six EXEGGCUTE.

Crystal: If even one is separated from the group, the energy bond between the six will make them rejoin instantly.

Ruby/Sapphire: This POKéMON consists of six eggs that form a closely knit cluster. The six eggs attract each other and spin around. When cracks increasingly appear on the eggs, EXEGGCUTE is close to evolution.

Fire Red: Even though it appears to be eggs of some sort, it was discovered to be a life-form more like plant seeds.

Leaf Green: It is often mistaken for eggs. When disturbed, they quickly gather and attack in swarms.

Emerald: It consists of six eggs that care for each other. The eggs attract each other and spin around. When cracks increasingly appear, it is close to evolution.

Diamond/Pearl/Platinum: Its six eggs converse using telepathy. They can quickly gather if they become separated.

HeartGold: Their shells are very durable. Even if they crack, they can survive without spilling their contents.

SoulSilver: Using telepathy only they can employ, they always form a cluster of six EXEGGCUTE.

Black/White/Black 2/White 2: Its six eggs converse using telepathy. They can quickly gather if they become separated.

X: Its six eggs converse using telepathy. They can quickly gather if they become separated.

Y: Even though it appears to be eggs of some sort, it was discovered to be a life-form more like plant seeds.

Apparently even the pokedex can't decide what they are.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Space T Rex posted:

one of them is showing it's yolk it's an egg

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Finally at the Elite Four in X. I have no idea who I should bring for this.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
So I got back into Showdown and boy am I horrible in making teams. I've yet to win a single match with my Eeveelution UU team, I almost always get bodied by an electric type, because I have gently caress-all for damage against those.

I lead with the Every Day the Leafeon (Heat Rock, Chlorophyl):
Sunny Day
Solarbeam
X-Scissor
Leaf Blade

Set up for one-turn Solarbeam shinianigans plus almost noone expects me to lead with this thing.

Then there's V A P E O R the Vaporion (Life Orb, Water Absorb)
Blizzard
Scald
Protect
Signal Beam

with Thunders, the Jolteon (Air Balloon, Volt Absorb)
Thunder
Volt Switch
HP: Fighting
Double Edge
This thing and it's volt absorb is the only real way I can tank any electric attack, and the balloon allows me to switch into earthquakes and live a turn.

and FleshRibbons the Sylveon (Focus Sash, Pixilate)
Hyper Voice
Psyshock
Calm Mind
Reflect

also the pair of Neo the Umbreon (Synchronize, Rocky Helmet)
Toxic
Pursuit
Shadow Ball
Foul Play

and Morpheus the Espeon (Leftovers, Magic Bounce)
Psychic
Wish
Substitute
Iron Tail

So far it's going pretty horribly :v: The only times I'm close is when stuff crits. So, how do you deal with electric types as an Eeveelution team, thread?

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Is there a decent guide/checklist for Pokemon Emerald?

My recent obsession with Pokemon Go has got me itching again and luckily I still have an old DS with Emerald and Platinum. My current plan is: (1) make sure I can actually transfer stuff between the two games, (2) wrap things up in Emerald and transfer Pokemon, (3) reset Emerald and start fresh. I barely touched the end-game content outside of the legendaries and I want to make sure I make the most of my old save.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Kikas posted:

So I got back into Showdown and boy am I horrible in making teams. I've yet to win a single match with my Eeveelution UU team, I almost always get bodied by an electric type, because I have gently caress-all for damage against those.

I lead with the Every Day the Leafeon (Heat Rock, Chlorophyl):
Sunny Day
Solarbeam
X-Scissor
Leaf Blade

Set up for one-turn Solarbeam shinianigans plus almost noone expects me to lead with this thing.

Then there's V A P E O R the Vaporion (Life Orb, Water Absorb)
Blizzard
Scald
Protect
Signal Beam

Thunder
Volt Switch
HP: Fighting
Double Edge
This thing and it's volt absorb is the only real way I can tank any electric attack, and the balloon allows me to switch into earthquakes and live a turn.

and FleshRibbons the Sylveon (Focus Sash, Pixilate)
Hyper Voice
Psyshock
Calm Mind
Reflect

Toxic
Pursuit
Shadow Ball
Foul Play

and Morpheus the Espeon (Leftovers, Magic Bounce)
Psychic
Wish
Substitute
Iron Tail

So far it's going pretty horribly :v: The only times I'm close is when stuff crits. So, how do you deal with electric types as an Eeveelution team, thread?

These may be the worst movesets/item combos I have ever seen. :psyduck:

Why on earth are you throwing garbage like Iron Tail on Espeon? Putting protect on a slow pokemon with a life orb? 2 dark and a ghost type move on Umbreon???

Like... goddamn.

Try something more like

I lead with the Every Day the Leafeon (Heat Rock, Chlorophyll):
Sunny Day
Swords Dance
X-Scissor
Leaf Blade

Then there's V A P E O R the Vaporion (Leftovers, Water Absorb)
Ice Beam
Scald
Wish
Protect

Thunderbolt
Volt Switch
HP: ice
Shadow ball

and FleshRibbons the Sylveon
(Choice Specs, Pixilate)
Hyper Voice
Psyshock
Hidden power: fire
Shadow Ball

Toxic
Wish
Protect
Foul Play

and Morpheus the Espeon (Choice Specs, Magic Bounce)
Psyshock
Dazzling Gleam
Grass Knot
Shadow Ball

Which at least fixes some of the movesets. How are you allocating EVs?

Quick rules of thumb
1) don't do mixed attacking sets on most pokemon
2) don't use moves with garbage accuracy (Iron Tail, Blizzard, Thunder) unless you have some way to negate it or really, really need the power
3) Coverage is important. Don't put two dark moves and a ghost move on the same pokemon. They hit almost the exact same things super-effectively.
4) Your team has zero synergy. None of the eeveelutions movesets are designed to support any of the others. Why have a sunny day user that only helps itself, for instance?

My suggestion is to experiment a bit and also get rid of some of the eeveelutions.

LemonLimeTime
May 30, 2011

I don't have low self-esteem. I have low esteem for everyone else.

Golden Goat posted:

A good Fire type, a good Water, and a good Electric. You want Pokemon who can dish out those specific type moves, strong ones, and be those corresponding types as well. Make sure someone has a good Grass type move too to use. (I taught Solar Beam to Charizard) I was able to wipe the floor with my Charizard/Infernape, Greninja, and Emolga and not need anyone else. Granted they were all at least level 70+ by the time I got there but still.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

LemonLimeTime posted:

A good Fire type, a good Water, and a good Electric. You want Pokemon who can dish out those specific type moves, strong ones, and be those corresponding types as well. Make sure someone has a good Grass type move too to use. (I taught Solar Beam to Charizard) I was able to wipe the floor with my Charizard/Infernape, Greninja, and Emolga and not need anyone else. Granted they were all at least level 70+ by the time I got there but still.

Thanks, so here's my options from what's survived:

Fire types: Simisear & Talonflame.
Water Types: Greninja
Electric Types: Manectric & Dedenne

LemonLimeTime
May 30, 2011

I don't have low self-esteem. I have low esteem for everyone else.

cams posted:

gen 3 starters bum me out, please stop including them on your lists please.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

Zore posted:

My suggestion is to experiment a bit and also get rid of some of the eeveelutions.

The first one yes, the second one why? He's clearly trying to run a gimmick for fun/profit. Changing up moves is good ideas though.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Space T Rex posted:

quote:

X: Its six eggs converse using telepathy. They can quickly gather if they become separated.

Y: Even though it appears to be eggs of some sort, it was discovered to be a life-form more like plant seeds.

Ok, I can understand the difference between generations, cause different localization teams maybe?

But within the same generation? The hell is this Illuminati poo poo.

Indigo Cephalopods
Oct 26, 2012

Justice Rains From Above
What even is a seed, really, but the egg of a plant?

HalfHazard
Mar 29, 2010

If Exeggcute was made of seeds, it would be called Exseedcute instead. They're eggs

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Golden Goat posted:

If you don't have your starter on your team when you battle the elite 4 you're a piece of garbage imo.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Can someone rate my poketeam?

Chatot @ Focus Sash
Ability: Keen Eye
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Chatter
- Boomburst
- Roost
- Nasty Plot

Cofagrigus @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Mummy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def
Bold Nature
- Magic Coat
- Haze
- Pain Split
- Will-O-Wisp

Klefki @ Full Incense
Ability: Prankster
- Light Screen
- Magic Coat
- Reflect
- Switcheroo

Gengar @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Dazzling Gleam
- Giga Drain
- Shadow Ball

Breloom @ Choice Band
Ability: Effect Spore
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Brick Break
- Drain Punch
- Seed Bomb
- Thunder Punch

Infernape @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fire Punch
- Mach Punch
- Power-Up Punch
- Thunder Punch

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Contest Winner posted:

If you don't have your starter on your team when you battle the elite 4 you're a piece of garbage imo.

He's my only water type left so he has to come.

Charmeleon died a while ago though he's gone and I still have this dumb mega stone for him.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Golden Goat posted:

it's very very easy

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Ruggington posted:

it's very very easy

I am bad at pokemon.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

Tired Moritz posted:

That's a lot of shinies. Trying to make do with what you have?

If you want them rated you might want to point towards where you will use them. Usefulness and movements vary wildly.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
N-no, they're from Pokemon Showdown. Though I do have a real shiny klefki.

Well, I mainly use the cofag as the lead, with chatot and gengar as my special sweeps and breloom and infernape as my attack sweeps. I don't know what to use with klefki so I just use them as a dualscreener. I really want to make full incense useful, even thought it's rarely worked out, admittedly.

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

PSWII60 posted:

This was based on how cool they are right, not competitive usefulness? Cause gently caress monkeys.

It's based on how cool you think they are, not how sore you are about losing to them.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Tired Moritz posted:

Chatot @ Focus Sash
Ability: Keen Eye
Modest Nature
- Chatter
- Boomburst
- Roost
- Nasty Plot

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def
Bold Nature
- Magic Coat
- Haze
- Pain Split
- Will-O-Wisp

Klefki @ Full Incense
- Light Screen
- Magic Coat
- Reflect
- Switcheroo

Gengar @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Dazzling Gleam
- Giga Drain
- Shadow Ball

Breloom @ Choice Band
Ability: Effect Spore
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Brick Break
- Drain Punch
- Seed Bomb
- Thunder Punch

Infernape @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fire Punch
- Mach Punch
- Power-Up Punch
- Thunder Punch

Chatot @ Choice Specs
Ability: Tangled Feet
Timid Nature
- Chatter
- Boomburst
- U-turn
- Heat Wave

Chatot is bad enough without getting outsped by base 80's so run timid
Tangled Feet might actually get used at some point
Even with screens support chatot isn't realistically gonna be able to setup on anything because it isn't really a natural threat and if it does setup it would have a broken sash and would get popped by any priority move
U-turn isn't for damage, just momentum.

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spd
Bold Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Haze
- Pain Split
- Will-O-Wisp

Run an attacking move so that you aren't taunt bait; you also already have magic coat on this team

Klefki @ Light Clay
EV's: 252 HP/ 252 Spd / 4 Def
- Light Screen
- Magic Coat
- Reflect
- Play Rough/Foul Play

You're trying to do too many things with this and once again it's taunt bait with no way to retaliate. Screen sets need light clay to function properly and switcheroo only serves to harm you. Also use an iron ball next time because full incense cuts priority which is the last thing you want

Foul Play is going to do a lot more damage most of the time but you also would really appreciate the fairy coverage because this team gets reamed by strong dark types

Gengar @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 HP / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast/Dazzling Gleam
- Sludge Wave
- Taunt

Dark and ghost have the same coverage, don't use them together.
Non-stab giga drain is a bad move
Poison STAB is good and you absolutely need it
Gengar's movepool is too good to choice, life orb gives it power and taunt can stop you from getting swept

Breloom @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Spd/ 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Spore
- Bullet Seed
- Mach Punch
- Swords Dance

Breloom has two amazing abilities and you should never ever ever run effect spore
If you run breloom you run spore
Swords Dance takes advantage of the screens you setup and gives breloom both guaranteed sleep and solid bulk to scare pokemon out for free dances, and even if it doesn't sweep or tear down their walls you still can still soften them up for

Infernape @ Choice Band
Ability: Blaze/Iron Fist
EVs: 252 Atk/ 4 Spd/ 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Flare Blitz
- Stone Edge/Thunderpunch
- U-turn

I don't like choice infernape, but it gets you an instant wallbreaker who isn't quite so redundant with breloom on the team
Thunderpunch helps beat down bulky water types, but honestly you have breloom for that, which is why I sided it off in favor of stone edge. Stone edge means this team isn't instantly mulched the second charizard-x/y comes out because you have no rocks and no fire resists
U-turn is always good especially with another choiced u-turner on the team

Ruggington fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Sep 19, 2016

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

cancerianmoth posted:

I'm sorry but Samurott just doesn't look cool to me. Maybe if the sprite was made to show the swords or something.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Switching to 3D made everything better in pokemon...

cept the framerate.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

what if samurott had a cool kabuto helmet instead of the um. horn thing

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

oddium posted:

the um. horn thing

http://www.worldwildlife.org/stories/unicorn-of-the-sea-narwhal-facts

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

samurott is COOL PALS

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

that doesn't look anything like it, nor samurott a narwhal !!

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

oddium posted:

that doesn't look anything like it, nor samurott a narwhal !!

How 'bout this then: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murex_trapa

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

what if samurott had a cool kabuto helmet instead of the rare-spined murex

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Golden Goat posted:

Bunch of full restores and revives. Theyre the best pokemon against the elite 4.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

oddium posted:

That's better, but it would look kind of weird and deprive it of Megahorn. I just want it to have stood upright.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Space T Rex posted:

Bunch of full restores and revives. Theyre the best pokemon against the elite 4.
It's a Nuzlocke run so the revives aren't gonna help.

oddium posted:

Then he'd lose his shell design. The horned shell stays.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Samurott is such a disappointing design for so many reasons.

Not an otter
Biped > biped > quadruped (what?)
Uses swords he keeps holstered on his front arms(why?), and also they can magically stretch out because(???)
Looks like he's got some on his back legs too, when and how is he ever going to use those?
Has to stand on 3 legs while he swings a sword, can only ever use 1 of his 2 swords for this reason (why not stand up?)
Has functional hands, but walks on all fours like a bitch
Stupid-looking shell-horn-hat not in fitting with any elements of his previous forms
What the gently caress is that tail, otters are not cetaceans
Gains points for a cool face stache, then loses them immediately for his unkempt neckstache
Doesn't even keep the right color scheme

It looks like it was designed by a bunch of kids from deviantart that couldn't agree on anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

His arm swords are called seamitars