Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Small Frozen Thing posted:

... what was this in reply to, and why is "/home/gligar13" mentioning a furry artist

The song Love Shack

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Thank you for letting me know and good thing I asked.

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

WrenP-Complete posted:

Giving them attention just makes them happy, and should thus be avoided.

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Small Frozen Thing posted:

Giving them attention just makes them happy, and should thus be avoided.

Got it. I'm only aware of them because of recent downtime and needing to get my forums fix somehow.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

WrenP-Complete posted:

Don't listen to them. They are literally a bird, what do they know?

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Who What Now posted:

Don't listen to them. They are literally a bird, what do they know?

Bird mod best mod.

budgieinspector
Mar 24, 2006

According to my research,
these would appear to be
Budgerigars.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Puppy Time posted:

To an extent, the button-pushing thing is fairly likely; abuse often isn't a one-way street. Both people are being lovely communicators, it's just that one believes getting violent is an appropriate response.

Yea I agree with this. I actually think the gynocentric society hurts women more than it helps them. Sure they get men everywhere bowing to their every breath and word, but all this does is weaken them. It grows their ego to the point where it hurts them in the long run. When they hit the wall, it hits them hard. After that it's like they either have to take the RP or be depressed for the rest of their lives. And what I mean by take the RP is that they have to learn to find that happiness within or they are hosed. Because before they took that RP they had lived a fantasy life. Men bowing to their every move and then the wall hits bam there are none of them anymore. You ate the dog salad. It's literally Arby's??? If women were to ever evolve in a positive way, they would be taking responsibility for themselves and their decisions they make for themselves. They would be more humble and find gratitude in their lives beyond people and their validation. But these are not women that we know of. They do not exist. Their greed and ego feeds this gynocentric society and it lives on because of it and because men are too blind to see this as well.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
LoB ate the Word Salad. I hope he'll be OK :ohdear:

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

"Build the Berlin Wall" - a man who sucks Ronald Reagan's dick

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
How do you prove you're not a terrorist

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
Something I heard happens to some abuse victims is they get really hosed up is that they get so accustomed to the cycle of violence and honeymoon phases that some will actively antagonize their abuser so that they can get to the "honeymoon" phase where the abuser is very contrite. Perhaps this is a way for some DV victims to eke out a semblance of control in a horrible situation.

I'm not trying to victim blame at all by suggesting this, but rather point out how people can get accustomed to being in messed up relationships and have bizarre coping methods.

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012

Panfilo posted:

Something I heard happens to some abuse victims is they get really hosed up is that they get so accustomed to the cycle of violence and honeymoon phases that some will actively antagonize their abuser so that they can get to the "honeymoon" phase where the abuser is very contrite. Perhaps this is a way for some DV victims to eke out a semblance of control in a horrible situation.

I'm not trying to victim blame at all by suggesting this, but rather point out how people can get accustomed to being in messed up relationships and have bizarre coping methods.

Or, perhaps, and hopefully this isn't beyond the scope of the imagination here, they are just blaming other people for their own inability to control their anger. If you have a hosed up enough perspective anything and everything can be an insult or incitement.

Ein cooler Typ posted:

By taking a biopsy and putting it through a spectrometer.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK
How bout the both of you go back and read what the mod said about commenting on that topic?

WrenP-Complete posted:

Bird mod best mod.
:hfive:

Weatherman has a new favorite as of 22:56 on Sep 18, 2016

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Ein cooler Typ posted:

Be white.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Let's lock the asylum door from the inside

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Ein cooler Typ posted:

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010

Ein cooler Typ posted:

Be white?

Edit: GOD DAMMIT TOO SLOW.

Male Tiers
Dec 27, 2012

Why don't you just lay down your weapons now?

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
Wait THAT'S what a virgin is? Oh boy, I gotta call my doctor.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
Saw this on a public page, no context needed.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

JT Smiley posted:

Saw this on a public page, no context needed.

You gotta encourage this man to pursue video game women. For the good of everyone even him.

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes
you better heed his Quall

If my son told me he wanted to dress up as something retarded for halloween I think I that is a good sign we need to have a heart-to-heart or at the very least a quick talk on the merits of a good costume and probably not just immediately smear his face with shoe polish and clown lipstick, but then again I'm not a parent.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Baron Von Pigeon posted:

If my son told me he wanted to dress up as something retarded for halloween I think I that is a good sign we need to have a heart-to-heart or at the very least a quick talk on the merits of a good costume and probably not just immediately smear his face with shoe polish and clown lipstick, but then again I'm not a parent.

Its apparent.

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012

Pot Of Shoe posted:

Wait THAT'S what a virgin is? Oh boy, I gotta call my doctor.

Notice how he leaves open the possibility that he HAS had sex with men.

Munchables
Feb 8, 2015

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

Lottery of Babylon posted:

Yea I agree with this. I actually think the gynocentric society hurts women more than it helps them. Sure they get men everywhere bowing to their every breath and word, but all this does is weaken them. It grows their ego to the point where it hurts them in the long run. When they hit the wall, it hits them hard. After that it's like they either have to take the RP or be depressed for the rest of their lives. And what I mean by take the RP is that they have to learn to find that happiness within or they are hosed. Because before they took that RP they had lived a fantasy life. Men bowing to their every move and then the wall hits bam there are none of them anymore. You ate the dog salad. It's literally Arby's??? If women were to ever evolve in a positive way, they would be taking responsibility for themselves and their decisions they make for themselves. They would be more humble and find gratitude in their lives beyond people and their validation. But these are not women that we know of. They do not exist. Their greed and ego feeds this gynocentric society and it lives on because of it and because men are too blind to see this as well.

Lottery of Arby's strikes again.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

Munchables posted:

Lottery of Arby's strikes again.

Lo-Arby's

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Baron Von Pigeon posted:

Just tell them they don't need a costume.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Picnic Princess posted:

Just tell them they don't need a costume.

and then call your wife who is also Charles Manson (long story) into the room and hit the homo alarm.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

cptn_dr posted:

Lo-Arby's

Lottery of B-Arby-lon

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Baron Von Pigeon posted:

Nah, you gotta let children make their own mistakes, otherwise they'll never learn. Let him go out dressed like that, and when someone inevitably beats his rear end, he gets to learn a valuable lesson in not being a human dumpster fire.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

cptn_dr posted:

Lo-Arby's

LottArby's

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Puppy Time posted:

LottArby's

*nervously looks at Scrabble tiles* dammit uh okay gimme a sec

Munchables
Feb 8, 2015

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

Arby's of Babylon
Lottery of Arbylon

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Ah yes, the seized assets
Especially great are the civil asset forfeitures taken even though you've been charged with no crime. Just encourage the police to steal everything from everyone

Munchables posted:

Arby's of Babylon
Lottery of Arbylon

Lotta Roast Beef

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Every societal issue should be solved with draconian government action that is targeted as broadly as possible, while also being guaranteed to never inconvenience me personally. Only then will we be safe.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Why is home country in quotes though?

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Why is home country in quotes though?

A lot of people don't use quotes right.

Xen Tricks
Nov 4, 2010
I threw a baseball some and created a failure of a game studio, please continue to give me public platforms to spew my racist ideals, tia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Kajeesus posted:

Every societal issue should be solved with draconian government action that is targeted as broadly as possible, while also being guaranteed to never inconvenience me personally. Only then will we be safe.

Vote Republican, party of small government.