Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Darth Brooks posted:

I'd say play him at this point. The mistakes he made last night came from lack of confidence. Let him work through that and he'll be the best corner on the team. Rogers threw away a lot of passes last night because no one was open.

His mistakes reminded me a bit of Xavier Rhodes in 2014. Good positioning overall but too physical on the receiver instead of just trusting he can make the play. I wouldn't be surprised to hear Jerry Gray busting out the boxing gloves again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Mel Mudkiper posted:

The Packers need another two decades of mediocrity

and Lambeau Field needs to burn to the loving ground

mel i thought we had something

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Ryan Tannehill leads the Miami Dolphins in rushing.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Ehud posted:

Ryan Tannehill leads the Miami Dolphins in rushing.

Jay Ajayai looks terrible and that alone really troubles me for the rest of this teams future if Gase genuinely looked at Miller and Ajayai and concluded Ajayai was better

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Dr. Whet Faartz would like to know if this smells funny to you?
Lambeau delenda est

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

NippleFloss posted:

Hrm...

Super Bowl win
Divisional round
Divisional round
Wild card round
NFC championship (went to OT)
Divisional Round (went to OT)

Truly the you're plumbing the depths.

Man I would kill any one of you for the Lions to have that kind of postseason success.

or any kind of success

edit:

windshipper posted:

Lambeau delenda est

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
No flag even with the ref looking right at it
https://vine.co/v/5nApIhOAeD7

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010
Looks like tough, hard nosed football to me

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Bigass Moth posted:

I want the players to wear pretty, pretty dresses

Interesting take but I have to disagree

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Oberst posted:

Looks like tough, hard nosed football to me

Weird way to spell MMA

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Only watched the first half. Didn't notice peppers out there at all.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010

Chilichimp posted:

Weird way to spell MMA

Steve Smith is well versed in krav maga

troofs
Feb 28, 2011

The better Manning.

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Jay Ajayai looks terrible and that alone really troubles me for the rest of this teams future if Gase genuinely looked at Miller and Ajayai and concluded Ajayai was better

Well I don't mean to imply that Miami's front office is smart or anything, but to be fair Ajayai looked very good on tape in limited snaps last year. Also Lamar Miller got a massive contract from Houston so it's not like it was only a matter of who they thought was better. They're probably getting outbid there no matter what.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

FizFashizzle posted:

Only watched the first half. Didn't notice peppers out there at all.

He got a sack in the first half.

Either McCarthy or Rodgers needs to remember this thing called the middle of the field

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

AAA DOLFAN posted:

I don't think Gase has personnel power. In fact, I think it was Armando who said that the front office and coaching staff were actually divided on whether or not to bring Miller back.

I wouldn't have minded so much if we had sealed he deal with CJ Anderson.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
Peppers had 2 sacks I think. Collinsworth mentioned he was only coming in as a situational pass rusher.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Another lovely Jacksonville season to look forward to. :smithicide:

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
I honestly don't see more than 3 wins remaining in the Skins schedule. Browns and a couple of random, any given Sunday type BS wins. Hopefully one is against the Ravens.

Man it sucks to throw in the towel on the season when it's still 90 degrees out

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Bigass Moth posted:

Lol if you think refs are going to call penalties on the NFL Golden Boys

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Mystic Stylez posted:

Lol if you think refs are going to call penalties on the NFL Golden Boys

Golden Boys typically has a pretty different connotation then Golden Girls.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Miami lost Miller due to 1.5 million a year, same money we gave a broken Arian Foster, so I reject any argument about price.

But yes the CJ Anderson thing makes it a bit better

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

NattyBo posted:

I honestly don't see more than 3 wins remaining in the Skins schedule. Browns and a couple of random, any given Sunday type BS wins. Hopefully one is against the Ravens.

They'll bullshit 4 to 7 wins if I had to guess. They can put up some points against bad teams that can't cover.

Time to start crossing fingers for a top 5 pick.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

NattyBo posted:

I see your point but....

NFCE

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
Monday morning franchise status for Steelers and Ravens: golden

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.

commy gun posted:

They'll bullshit 4 to 7 wins if I had to guess. They can put up some points against bad teams that can't cover.

Time to start crossing fingers for a top 5 pick.

We don't have bad teams that can't cover left on the schedule except for the Browns and we could totally lose to them too. Second half especially brutal. Cardinals, Panthers, Green Bay, Minnesota. And we still haven't played Cincinnati either.

The Giants are going to have a field day next weekend. Norman is playing really well but Breeland has taken a huge step back, Cousins has turned back into "Kurt" and we always lose in NY, usually in embarrassing fashion. Staring down the barrel of 0-3

NattyBo fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Sep 19, 2016

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
Vikings LG Alex Boone is a little bitch baby about home team cheering:

quote:

The Vikings committed four false starts in the victory. Three of those were on Minnesota's offensive line, and after the game, guard Alex Boone said the noise in the stadium was more than the Vikings wanted at times.

"It's loud, for some reason, in the stadium," Boone said. "There's a lot of times where we can't hear the center. We could barely hear the snap count today a couple times -- a couple false starts, because guys wouldn't know when the snap was going. I'm not saying it's the fans' fault, but I'm just saying, it would be nice if they would shut the gently caress up a little bit."

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

NattyBo posted:

We don't have bad teams that can't cover left on the schedule except for the Browns and we could totally lose to them too. Second half especially brutal. Cardinals, Panthers, Green Bay, Minnesota. And we still haven't played Cincinnati either.

This team finds ways to claim hollow victories and screw themselves in draft position.

Believe. #httr

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

WHOOPS posted:

It's loud in the stadium designed to be loud. To me, this is a problem.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

NattyBo posted:

The Giants are going to have a field day next weekend. Norman is playing really well but Breeland has taken a huge step back, Cousins has turned back into "Kurt" and we always lose in NY, usually in embarrassing fashion. Staring down the barrel of 0-3

If it makes you feel any better...no one is going to be watching the skins giants game for any other reason than Norman vs OBJ 2.0

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Boy if you thought the league leaders in rushing were rough last year:

The top 5 in rushing is currently:

237 DeAngelo Williams
196 Matt Forte
195 Isaiah Crowell
193 LeGarrette Blount
189 Lamar Miller

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

WHOOPS posted:

It was also the first game in the new stadium, against our biggest divisional rivals, noise was going to happen.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
DeAngelo Williams is the fuckin man, and, I love him.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Preview of my post next Monday:

I can't believe the Romo-lacking Cowboys are 2-1

OSheaman
May 27, 2004

Heavy Fucking Metal
Fun Shoe

Thaddius the Large posted:

It was also the first game in the new stadium, against our biggest divisional rivals, noise was going to happen.

Also half of Minnesota is Packers fans, but don't worry: that will change after two Vikings divisional titles in a row.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
The Packers have the best QB in the league and he's never going to another Super Bowl cause Ted Thompson is so far up his own rear end with his never pay anyone anything, especially free agents, off season plan.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Bigass Moth posted:

If you were about to throw a flag on Steve Smith and he looked at you, you'd tuck that fucker away too

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
Oakland/Atlanta got really fun to watch after half. Oakland's defense is real bad, but it was really good to see Mack and Irvin shut down. I was super nervous going into that game that they would feast on the corpse of Matt Ryan all game and that wasn't the case at all...

Outside of some throws behind his WR's, Matt Ryan looks more comfortable this year, he has put up some crazy numbers through two weeks...the offense looks ok. The defense, hoooooooooooooooly crap that is a whole nother story. The lack of pass rush, the stupid 3rd down penalties, the missed tackles. They look like they have regressed since last year.

Good win, on the road against a solid team. I'll take it. Next up, Saints on Monday night where they will no doubt block a punt for a TD and embarrass the Falcons on a national stage yet again.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Is a blocked punt still a TD or was that turned into a safety also?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

CANNIBAL GIRLS posted:

Is a blocked punt still a TD or was that turned into a safety also?
If the blocking team recovers the ball in the end zone, it's a touchdown. If the ball is knocked outside of the end zone (i.e. behind it) it's a safety.

• Locked thread