Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

sector_corrector posted:

I have Corey Coleman riding my bench at the moment, but luckily my opponent's team poo poo the bed, and I have Cam, Greg Olsen, and the Arizona Defense. I had to work all day today and didn't get to catch any games... How flukey is Coleman's performance, and should I be trying to trade Randall Cobb?

Well RG3 is done and McCown might be dead so it's time to see if Coleman is QB proof catching Cody Kessler. That is until Kessler dies behind this o-line and we resurrect #Tebowtime. Really we have no idea this is his 2nd game ever in the NFL. Looks like he has a ton of upside with a competent passer though making him worth a stash if you have space.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Well RG3 is done and McCown might be dead so it's time to see if Coleman is QB proof catching Cody Kessler. That is until Kessler dies behind this o-line and we resurrect #Tebowtime. Really we have no idea this is his 2nd game ever in the NFL. Looks like he has a ton of upside with a competent passer though making him worth a stash if you have space.

Oh, poo poo, didn't realize McCown got injured. Looks like I'll keep him on the bench for another week, and keep giving Cobb an opportunity to disappoint me.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Gordon and Coleman running routes for Tim Tebow

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Cigar Aficionado posted:

A guy in my league has Martin, Woodhead, and Peterson and doesn't have the handcuff for any of them.

I have Martin and Woodhead. Thank god I have Sims.

Drop T West for Whittaker?

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
So i have Marvin Jones and Golden Tate, i have the Ty Hilton owner interested in a trade as he just lost AP and Arian Foster. His only other RB's are Derrick Henry and Terrance West with Marshawn Lynch (lol). Would it be too much to offer Golden Tate and Duke Johnson for Hilton?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

ty looked like bad on a bad team today so yes, that is too much

Honore_De_Balzac
Feb 12, 2013

Leperflesh posted:

ty looked like bad on a bad team today so yes, that is too much

This is bad advice. The Colts played bad against the a top 3 defense and duke and Tate suck more.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
lmao i should have totally traded AP to that salesguy in my work league :suicide:

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
I've been playing FF for 13 years and I don't know if there has ever been such an opportunity to exploit owners of injured players and/or buy low on players as there is right now. I'm going to spend every free moment tomorrow sending trades to the low-information people in my leagues.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

coronaball posted:

I've been playing FF for 13 years and I don't know if there has ever been such an opportunity to exploit owners of injured players and/or buy low on players as there is right now. I'm going to spend every free moment tomorrow sending trades to the low-information people in my leagues.

Yeah the first two weeks of the season have been complete and utter chaos. I went 4-2 last week and I'm primed to go 2-4 this week. It's madness.

thethreeman
May 10, 2008
Fallen Rib
between Russell Wilson, ARob, Doug Martin, Devonta, and Rawls, and none of the RB handcuffs, I can basically write this season off, no?

vv thanks

thethreeman fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Sep 19, 2016

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

thethreeman posted:

between Russell Wilson, ARob, Doug Martin, Devonta, and Rawls, and none of the RB handcuffs, I can basically write this season off, no?

It's week two. If you feel like giving up sure but this probably isn't the game for you then.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Spoeank posted:

Yeah the first two weeks of the season have been complete and utter chaos. I went 4-2 last week and I'm primed to go 2-4 this week. It's madness.

I was talking about the opportunity to exploit the owners of:

AP
Keenan Allen
Doug Martin
Allen Robinson
Lacy
Gronk ?
Watkins
Rawls

and others farther down the ADP line

All of whom are likely struggling and/or panicking, some for good reason, some not. Your record doesn't really have anything to do with that? :confused:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

I'm saying that nothing is going to plan at all (I probably should have pointed out how much of that 2-4 is injury) and was supporting your point that it's primed for madness and exploitation.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Ligament damage for AP's knee apparently.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Spoeank posted:

I'm saying that nothing is going to plan at all (I probably should have pointed out how much of that 2-4 is injury) and was supporting your point that it's primed for madness and exploitation.

I thought you were being sarcastic, sorry.

For content: I'm going to look on the bright side of this AP injury: their next 3 are vs. CAR, NYG, and HOU. This injury might have saved his owners from the sunk cost they expended in drafting him.

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

89 posted:

Ligament damage for AP's knee apparently.

Sure an glad I dropped McKinnon last week.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
At least we are getting the apocalypse out of the way early....hopefully...

....and WTF is in the Chargers's diet?! They have the worst luck ever with injuries.

Mr. McGibblets
Sep 17, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx
Well I got crushed this week but I have:

Mckinnon
Jay Ajayi
Charles Sims

I basically hit the lottery jackpot on handcuffs too bad they all still suck. :boom: Hopefully I can trade them all to their respective owners.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Mr. McGibblets posted:

Well I got crushed this week but I have:

Mckinnon
Jay Ajayi
Charles Sims

I basically hit the lottery jackpot on handcuffs too bad they all still suck. :boom: Hopefully I can trade them all to their respective owners.

McKinnon and Ajay I would absolutely move. McKinnon looks like he's going to suffer the same timeshare as last year, and Ajay I just sucks.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

McKinnon and Ajay I would absolutely move. McKinnon looks like he's going to suffer the same timeshare as last year, and Ajay I just sucks.

I'm feeling the same about McKinnon. The Peterson owner doesn't have an obvious trade target, but I'm thinking he might jump at a chance to pick up McKinnon and offload a hobbled Brandon Marshall. Is this stupid? Do I want a hobbled Brandon Marshall?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Of course you want Marshall for McKinnon, but there's no way that trade gets accepted.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

RCarr posted:

Of course you want Marshall for McKinnon, but there's no way that trade gets accepted.

What's his trade value this morning? McKinnon's I mean. WR2?

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Oh hey guys welcome to silly season.

https://twitter.com/MattHarmon_BYB/status/776794793263235073

No because god hates us all, have a Marquise Goodwin instead.

But hey at least the "start Matt Ryan" hot take surpassed even my wildest expectations.

Ryan, Tannehill, Fitz: your passingest of passers.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Oh and top 20 non-ppr RBs:

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

Let's take a second to talk about running backs. I'm curious why Zeke is getting on the heat when it seems like he's outperforming his draft position relative to other first round RB picks -- not that he's been a great RB1, really performing as a RB2, but that he's been outperforming the other RB options according to consensus. I'm using ESPN standard scoring in my league, so that's what these points are based on.

The 'expert consensus' according to fantasy pros for ADP on RBs was:
Gurley - RB1; #3 overall (Week 1 - 4 pts. Week 2 - 6)
David Johnson - RB2, #5 overall (Week 1 - 18 pts. Week 2 - 13)
AP - RB3; #6 overall (Week 1 - 3 pts. Week 2 - 1)
Zeke - RB4; #7 overall (Week 1 - 11 pts, Week 2 - 12)
Lamar Miller - RB5; #11 overall (Week 1 - 11 pts, Week 2 - 9)
Bell - RB6; #12 overall (Suspended first 3 weeks; Williams has been crushing it and has the most fantasy points of any RB through 2 weeks)
Freeman - RB7; #14 overall (Week 1 - 4 pts, Week 2 - 9)

Zeke has been getting poo poo on because he's been performing poor, people say, relative to what you'd expect from a first round pick.

Those are the 7 highest drafted, on average, RBs. Only one has outperformed Zeke -- DJ. Only one has matched Zeke in at least one week -- Miller.

Why are we making GBS threads on Zeke as a bad pick and not on these guys for being terrible picks?

Obvious exception here is Bell; you draft him knowing you won't have him for the first 3 weeks and he'll crush it after. If you wanted to pull in the next highest ranked RB, it'd be lacy who's pulled in 7 points then 5.

Is the argument that you should have drafted a WR instead? Most of the top WR picks haven't exactly been crushing it.

aellisr
Oct 11, 2007

Alveolar fibrosis don't give a damn.

89 posted:

At least we are getting the apocalypse out of the way early....hopefully...

....and WTF is in the Chargers's diet?! They have the worst luck ever with injuries.

Allen's injury was unfortunate, Woodhead's injury was completely expected. He will turn 32 this season and has spent his career as a passing down RB. You expect that guy to be a volume play and not go down immediately? David Johnson and Le'Veon Bell, who I would consider the best "pass catching" RBs with volume carries, are roughly five inches taller and thirty to forty pounds heavier than Woodhead. There is a reason Darren Sproles isn't asked to run between the tackles and be a workhorse RB and it was foolish to think Woodhead could do the same.

BigFactory posted:

What's his trade value this morning? McKinnon's I mean. WR2?

If the AP owner has a guy like Enunwa that would be a viable target. Other WR candidates with upside to target would be Devante Parker, Tyler Boyd, Devin Funchess, Mike Wallace, and Willie Snead (if you are lucky and it's a desperate AP owner, again). It's not like Minnesota's run game has been worth owning this year. Had AP been dropping 24/130/2 stat lines and carrying his team, owners would be more willing to pay up for a replacement, but he's been dire this year so any wheeling and dealing done on his behalf suffers a similar value hit because of it.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

Zauper posted:

Let's take a second to talk about running backs. I'm curious why Zeke is getting on the heat when it seems like he's outperforming his draft position relative to other first round RB picks -- not that he's been a great RB1, really performing as a RB2, but that he's been outperforming the other RB options according to consensus. I'm using ESPN standard scoring in my league, so that's what these points are based on.

The 'expert consensus' according to fantasy pros for ADP on RBs was:
Gurley - RB1; #3 overall (Week 1 - 4 pts. Week 2 - 6)
David Johnson - RB2, #5 overall (Week 1 - 18 pts. Week 2 - 13)
AP - RB3; #6 overall (Week 1 - 3 pts. Week 2 - 1)
Zeke - RB4; #7 overall (Week 1 - 11 pts, Week 2 - 12)
Lamar Miller - RB5; #11 overall (Week 1 - 11 pts, Week 2 - 9)
Bell - RB6; #12 overall (Suspended first 3 weeks; Williams has been crushing it and has the most fantasy points of any RB through 2 weeks)
Freeman - RB7; #14 overall (Week 1 - 4 pts, Week 2 - 9)

Zeke has been getting poo poo on because he's been performing poor, people say, relative to what you'd expect from a first round pick.

Those are the 7 highest drafted, on average, RBs. Only one has outperformed Zeke -- DJ. Only one has matched Zeke in at least one week -- Miller.

Why are we making GBS threads on Zeke as a bad pick and not on these guys for being terrible picks?

Obvious exception here is Bell; you draft him knowing you won't have him for the first 3 weeks and he'll crush it after. If you wanted to pull in the next highest ranked RB, it'd be lacy who's pulled in 7 points then 5.

Is the argument that you should have drafted a WR instead? Most of the top WR picks haven't exactly been crushing it.

The argument is process based, not results based. Those other guys have track records of success at the NFL level. Zeke does not.

aellisr
Oct 11, 2007

Gobias Ind. posted:

The argument is process based, not results based. Those other guys have track records of success at the NFL level. Zeke does not.

Pretty much this.

And all those other guys don't have the Cowboy's O-Line. That same O-Line that propelled Demarco Murray into the conversation of fantasy MVP and God Among Men. Zeke is also fumbling the ball, which may not represent earth shattering fantasy point deductions, but represents loss of touches as the season progresses and he doesn't keep the ball safe. Coaches don't care about fantasy points, they care about beating division rivals, so expect Morris to absorb some touches in light of Zeke's fumbling.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Fumbles do represent significant fantasy point reductions if you take the opportunity cost into consideration.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I think that's the nerdiest thing I have ever said.

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

Gobias Ind. posted:

Fair enough, new to fantasy and just trying to understand what the gripe is, since I autodrafted him without thinking.

aellisr
Oct 11, 2007

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I think that's the nerdiest thing I have ever said.

It's not nerdy at all. It helps explain why guys who have immense talent that can't hold on to the ball, or catch the ball reliably, don't become integral fantasy producers and also get pushed down depth charts. Subtract -12 points from a players game for each fumble and you get closer to the coaching staff's evaluation of their day, so in Zeke's case, he is ~ -20 on the season. You could extrapolate that further to include missed blocks, unfinished routes, or missing holes that the line creates and assign further deductions to explain why players that might have a good fantasy day one week wind up dissipating the next.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Zauper posted:

Fair enough, new to fantasy and just trying to understand what the gripe is, since I autodrafted him without thinking.

Ah, I was trying to figure out why you were insistent on dying on the Zeke hill. :)

Like it's already been said, it was a process-based bad pick to take Zeke in the first. If you autodrafted him it's not the end of the world. He had a lot of questions that got swept under the rug because of his upside and those questions are coming true.

Nobody said he wasn't worth a top 25 pick but experts were saying to draft a guy in the top ten who had zero NFL carries. It was hammering the upside without acknowledging any of the inherent risk that was the problem with Ezekiel Elliott - First Round Pick.

I wrote this back in May which might help clarify the "anti-Zeke" camp's positions (though by saying I'd take him in the mid-second it means I hate him apparently)

http://theinscribermag.com/sports/fantasy-football-beware-the-ezekiel-elliott-hype-train.html

Spoeank fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Sep 19, 2016

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
embrace the hate

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
.......dennis pitta???

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

McKinnon is going to look a lot different when the Vikings are actually gameplanning around him getting a significant amount of snaps so I don't see any problem with holding out for a better deal from an AP owner than a WR3, especially in PPR. Granted the next game for the Vikings is @ Carolina so if you're holding out for a better deal it may take a few weeks.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

aellisr posted:

Pretty much this.

And all those other guys don't have the Cowboy's O-Line. That same O-Line that propelled Demarco Murray into the conversation of fantasy MVP and God Among Men. Zeke is also fumbling the ball, which may not represent earth shattering fantasy point deductions, but represents loss of touches as the season progresses and he doesn't keep the ball safe. Coaches don't care about fantasy points, they care about beating division rivals, so expect Morris to absorb some touches in light of Zeke's fumbling.

Are we sure Morris got that goal line touch because of Zeke or because he was playing his former team?

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Josh Doctson is a pretty good pickup this week if you have the space to stash someone for a few weeks. He was Cousin's first look in the red zone on three straight drives, and they were really trying to force a fade to him in the end zone.

He went under the radar a bit pre-season due to an achilles injury, but its clear that the Skins want to use him, and he becomes a top target on a heavy pass offense if Reed or DJax goes down.

Great upside esp. In standard, and Crowder looks like a solid pickup for PPR

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

internet inc
Jun 13, 2005

brb
taking pictures
of ur house

Teemu Pokemon posted:

.......dennis pitta???

Started em.

E: But I also started Sammy Watkins over Travis Benjamin based on the start em sit em thread so I guess we're done guys

• Locked thread