Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

No Music Discussion > Bolt Thrower & Sleater-Kinney Appreciation Station

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Smirr posted:

No Music Discussion > Bolt Thrower & Sleater-Kinney Appreciation Station

Imagine if Sleater-Kinney was just waiting until Jo Bench's schedule was cleared to add a bass player

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

Easy Mac posted:

Sadly, Zombie sucks live. He always runs out of breathe and stops singing and he can't remember lyrics.

This^ and when I saw White Zombie tour Astrocreep, there was so much stuff being handled by a backing track, I was seriously left wondering how much music I had heard being performed live.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
All this talk of Mr. Cummings reminds me of one of King Buzzo's tour stories:

quote:

Easily the worst touring experience of my entire life was the White Zombie tour we did. I could write a whole book about that infernal bullshit. On the first day of the tour, the first person we met from the entire White Zombie cast and crew was a mullet headed road manager who ended up behaving like a mean version of Cotton Mather. He was a “professional” roadie. Now I have never met a group of people who hate music more than professional roadies, and it is clearly obvious that 99.9 percent of them know nothing at all about music. Nothing. I find this to be quite strange really. It’s like someone who works in a bakery knowing nothing about baking. Actually this also extends to most of the bands these guys work for as well, but I pretty much lump all of these bands and crew into one big sewage pit. It’s fitting.

Mr. Mullet told us straight up that he was going to see to it that we got hosed over every night PA-wise in order to not piss off his boss, the swollen White Zombie dictator Rob Zombie. And it just went from there. He openly told us that Rob acted a prick to him, and that’s how life on the road was going to go for us as well. Perfect. One insane thing after another every day for the whole tour. On one of the few times we actually got a soundcheck, Mr. Mullet came on stage and pulled the plug because Rob was eating and that we were to “shut the gently caress up” because he didn’t like the “noise.”

My instant thought was what the gently caress is he eating, a Faberge Egg omelet? I’d been to their catering and it was the same swill they always serve at these horrid rock’n’roll extravaganzas which amounts to nothing more than disgusting macaroni and cheese type garbage and an assortment of what appears to be dead things in jelly. You’d think he’d want some kind of booming symphonic distraction to help disguise the fact that he’s eating a big plate of steaming dog poo poo. Or so you would think….

And the idiocy didn’t stop there. Rob did this between song speech every night that consisted of unintelligible talking gibberish delivered in a “heavy metal” guttural grunt, and at some point he inevitably started saying “they said we couldn’t do it, they said it couldn’t be done.” Which I’m guessing is in reference to them surprisingly being able to peddle another million records to their highly gullible brainless fans. I’m not sure why he thought his dull minions needed to know this. Their entire thing was just dumb.

Don’t get me wrong, it was all our fault for doing a stupid tour like that in the first place and I certainly can’t blame them for that. We accepted the offer! Big mistake on our part but we did learn our lesson as a result of that stupidity. I think it’s a bad idea for us to try to sell our band like that. Actually, we believed that then as well, but it was their idea to have us along and for some reason that remains a mystery to me, they paid us pretty well. But those days are over for us. Now, I would rather eat my own poo poo then do another tour with people who behave like that. Actually if not my own, then who’s poo poo would I eat? That’s a good question….

weekling
May 21, 2016
aotysf (jute gyte)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbmwERlUYRE

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
you type like a retard and your music taste is terrible

weekling
May 21, 2016
dont like it?

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
i wish jute gyte had more material

weekling
May 21, 2016

nerve posted:

i wish jute gyte had more material

aquarius records used to champion them hard but they recently went out of business

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Sounds like a less weird Candiru.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
Jute Gyte is good and way more interesting than 99% of "experimental" metal bands ever but I think he needs to change his black metal up a bit. His sound hasn't evolved an awful lot since Discontinuities. He should either mix it up with some of his ambient or noise stuff so his albums are less monotonous, or else shorten his tracks so everything he releases isn't an hour of ear rape microtonal freakout.

weekling
May 21, 2016

William F Cuckley posted:

Sounds like a less weird Candiru.
the candiru ive heard sounds industrial and not nearly as dissonant or abrasive. i can see the comparison i guess but wouldnt jump to it

skasion posted:

Jute Gyte is good and way more interesting than 99% of "experimental" metal bands ever but I think he needs to change his black metal up a bit. His sound hasn't evolved an awful lot since Discontinuities. He should either mix it up with some of his ambient or noise stuff so his albums are less monotonous, or else shorten his tracks so everything he releases isn't an hour of ear rape microtonal freakout.
ye the songs get monotonous but i dont mind repetitive music personally

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

weekling posted:

ye the songs get monotonous but i dont mind repetitive music personally

Neither do I or I wouldn't like black metal to begin with. It's not so much the repetitive quality of individual songs that bothers me, it's that there's nothing to break them up. I just feel like it's an odd choice, there's plenty of precedent for people throwing in an ambient track or two on a black metal album to give you some time to cool off, and it's obvious he likes to play some electronic music and noise as well.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

skasion posted:

Neither do I or I wouldn't like black metal to begin with. It's not so much the repetitive quality of individual songs that bothers me, it's that there's nothing to break them up. I just feel like it's an odd choice, there's plenty of precedent for people throwing in an ambient track or two on a black metal album to give you some time to cool off, and it's obvious he likes to play some electronic music and noise as well.

This is why bands like Aosoth are so good.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

William F Cuckley posted:

All this talk of Mr. Cummings reminds me of one of King Buzzo's tour stories:

god bless buzzo

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I wound up seeing Zombie Bob's whole set and it was extremely fun. He definitely runs out of breath though. It's really noticeable on Super Charger Heaven and More Human Than Human.

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

skasion posted:

Neither do I or I wouldn't like black metal to begin with.

There's a lot of black metal that isn't repetitive at all.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
absu is the best black metal band

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

nerve posted:

living colour is the best black metal band

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...
Burzum is the best black metal band.

That leaves a "black" metal joke for you, too.

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

burzum can lick my extra hairy blue balls

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

I was going to say that as long as Aldrahn stays with DHG, there can be no band in the black spectrun to rival them. But encyclopedia metallum clearly states that he left dodheimsgard already, AGAIN

nerve posted:

e: holy motherfucking poo poo that drummer - i should dig more into them

Mr. Pickles fucked around with this message at 10:09 on Sep 19, 2016

Less Claypool
Apr 16, 2009

More Primus For Fucks Sake.

Nurel posted:

burzum can lick my extra hairy blue balls

Hate the player, not the game son.

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

You know what, I grew up to that stuff, so I always knew where that guy stood and had 0 respect for him (except for Dunkelheit, that was a fine track, no way around it)

Thats why when I read Breivik's statement after the "they had Norway to run" incident, I instinctively thought "omg what a varg fanboy, lol"

Soon after the cops made the correlation too, they barged into vargs home with a warrant and the french government froze his bank accounts, and I loled even harder.

Now hes making a living spreading all kinds of nazi hatespeech through that blog and making mediocre music for his fanboys. You wanna NOT hate that guy? He licks balls imo

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Nurel posted:

e: holy motherfucking poo poo that drummer - i should dig more into them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bd8YvaSaNqE

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich

nerve posted:

I've been waiting for Apsu for at least a year (maybe) what the hell where is it

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

a fleshy snood posted:

I've been waiting for Apsu for at least a year (maybe) what the hell where is it

I talked to Proscriptor at a show 3-4 months back and he said "Soon".

Also he was wearing high-waisted jeans and parted his hair in the middle, he's a fuckin' dweeb and I love him for it.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I'm absolutely tingly waiting for this album

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

whoever invented the "djent" word for music and classified meshuggah under it is my mortal enemy

Flinger
Oct 16, 2012

i can't wait to hear Ross the Boss on an absu record

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord

Nurel posted:

whoever invented the "djent" word for music and classified meshuggah under it is my mortal enemy

Boy you sure do hate everything

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

I am old and bitter and old and I hate all numetal (aside from fear factory and deftones and maybe 1-2 more) and them kids with all their avenged sevenfolds and dillinger escape plans and mathcore breakdown djent bullshit

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
can you show us on the doll where the djent touched you

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

who gives a poo poo... lemmy's dead, Bolt Thrower quit and I got a fine hole 6feet deep already dug on my loan so that's that

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Nurel posted:

I am old and bitter and old and I hate all numetal (aside from fear factory and deftones and maybe 1-2 more) and them kids with all their avenged sevenfolds and dillinger escape plans and mathcore breakdown djent bullshit

Why you gotta lump Dillinger in with that nonsense? Also those dudes are probably older than you.

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

I'm not being serious at all dude, I just don't like them :P

I love SYL tho

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord

Henchman of Santa posted:

Why you gotta lump Dillinger in with that nonsense? Also those dudes are probably older than you.

Yeah I think I first saw them in... 1999? poo poo I'm old.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I just saw them for the first time at Riot Fest. Best set of the weekend by far.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
I don't think you are allowed to complain about people liking bad music, if you like SYL.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.

COOL CORN posted:

I talked to Proscriptor at a show 3-4 months back and he said "Soon".

Also he was wearing high-waisted jeans and parted his hair in the middle, he's a fuckin' dweeb and I love him for it.
Is it too soon to post the cat pic again?