Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I feel like Colu Brainiac basically fills Mongol's role of being a big jackass alien warlord. He eventually got more Vulcan-ish and robotic after the Silver Age ended, but honestly, he's kind of uninteresting. Kryptonian Brainiac is lazier in that it's more organic to explain and connected to Superman himself, but those are positives imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Lex experiments with a mother box and it winds up infecting him and they do the fused Brainiac/Lex angle. Pretty easy way to tie it all in without retreading too much

The Action Man
Oct 26, 2004

This is a good movie.

Retro Futurist posted:

Lex experiments with a mother box and it winds up infecting him and they do the fused Brainiac/Lex angle. Pretty easy way to tie it all in without retreading too much

It would also be a smart way to recast Lex Luthor.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
What about Metallo? I always thought he was a neat idea.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Yeah he's alright. Though he seems more of a tv episode villain than a movie villain.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I think Kalibak could be a decent choice, either as set up for Darkseid, or follow up to Darkseid.

Not as grave of a threat as Braniac, but I like more low key villains.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
I kind of feel like it's time to test the waters for Nuclear Man again.

Dario the Wop
Oct 11, 2007

Hell-Sent, Heaven-Bent

Electromax posted:

I kind of feel like it's time to test the waters for Nuclear Man again.
They don't have the rights to Nuclear Man.

They do have Neutron the Living Bomb and Reactron, though.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
Perfect solution: Nic Cage as the Atomic Skull.

Once again, he gets to play a guy with a flaming skull for a head, and we get Cage in a Superman movie.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Nic Cage was a pretty lovely Ghost Rider to be honest.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Lurdiak posted:

As an adaption of Johnny Blaze, maybe, but then, Johnny never had much personality anyway. It was a great movie for what it was and Cage's performance was mostly responsible for that.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

WickedHate posted:

As an adaption of Johnny Blaze, maybe, but then, Johnny never had much personality anyway. It was a great movie for what it was and Cage's performance was mostly responsible for that.

Go for another Mortal Kombat crossover and get Jonny Cage as the antagonist. :v:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They're both bad movies and Nic Cage is not a good actor 99% of the time.

Shawn
Feb 6, 2003

I yiffed two people at once and all I got was laughed at.
I love Spirit of Vengeance so much and don't understand why people hate it.Do people hate the Crank movies here too?

But Ghost Rider 1 is so far up it's own rear end and a waste of time.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Aphrodite posted:

They're both bad movies and Nic Cage is not a good actor 99% of the time.
Cage after, like ConAir/The Rock/Bringing Out the Dead, maybe.

I maintain he's great to watch in Moonstruck.

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

I am offended by your ham, sir.

Cythereal posted:

Go for another Mortal Kombat crossover and get Jonny Cage as the antagonist. :v:

You do know that's not a coincidence, right?

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

First look at J.K. Simmons as Jim Gordon

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

teagone posted:

First look at J.K. Simmons as Jim Gordon

That looks more like a first look at a set.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I know it probably wouldn't happen, but I wouldn't mind if the solo Batman movie was black and white.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

That looks oddly antiquated, I guess his outfit + the black and white setting. I'm into it, regardless. Wish this was from the set of the Batman solo rather than Justice League though. Of course I kind of wish they weren't even making Justice League...

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Chaos Hippy posted:

You do know that's not a coincidence, right?

Yes. My body is ready for Superman getting a new archnemesis in the form of a semi-retired Hollywood action star who's the Champion of Earthrealm and drives Superman into a frenzy via nonstop dad jokes.

Edit: Another look from CineD.

The MSJ posted:

Another picture.

Cythereal fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Sep 18, 2016

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

I cut a modern trailer together for the Spawn movie. It's a film forever ingrained in my childhood.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-uWeDRUfpU

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I'm finally watching BvS Ultimate Cut tonight, and one thing that's really sticking out to me is holy poo poo there are a lot of horses in this movie.

Dario the Wop
Oct 11, 2007

Hell-Sent, Heaven-Bent
Snyder was going for an Excalibur/Knights of the Round Table thing.

J2DK
Oct 6, 2004

Playtime has ended.

greatn posted:

I'm finally watching BvS Ultimate Cut tonight, and one thing that's really sticking out to me is holy poo poo there are a lot of horses in this movie.

It fixes a lot of the problems I had with the theatrical cut while introducing a new problem: runtime.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Shawn posted:

I love Spirit of Vengeance so much and don't understand why people hate it.Do people hate the Crank movies here too?

But Ghost Rider 1 is so far up it's own rear end and a waste of time.

Crank/Crank2/Gamer are some of my all time favorite films. They go to the most insane places and are never boring. There's always something weird or outlandish Neveldine and Taylor are doing. Like even in Gamer, Butler has to escape from the game, so he drinks a bunch of booze, finds a car, pukes it up, and then pisses into the gas tank to fill it up. That's insane, stupid, and funny as hell.

SOV only has a handful of those moments, and the rest of it is just the most boring generic, T2 rip off. Ultimately the rating and them having to use a script by David Goyer really brought the film down. They just need to be let loose yo. Other wise, why are you asking them to make a movie for you.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

CelticPredator posted:

SOV only has a handful of those moments, and the rest of it is just the most boring generic, T2 rip off. Ultimately the rating and them having to use a script by David Goyer really brought the film down. They just need to be let loose yo. Other wise, why are you asking them to make a movie for you.

I remember Chris Sims calling Spirit of Vengeance "the most boring film from the Crank 2 guys", which is incredibly specific but damning .

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

J2DK posted:

It fixes a lot of the problems I had with the theatrical cut while introducing a new problem: runtime.

Runtime isn't much of a problem on home release in my opinion, the only real problem being clearing my schedule, but took less time than going to a normal runtime movie and coming back.

J2DK
Oct 6, 2004

Playtime has ended.

greatn posted:

Runtime isn't much of a problem on home release in my opinion, the only real problem being clearing my schedule, but took less time than going to a normal runtime movie and coming back.

I feel you, but I meant if it were released at this length in theaters. It probably would have done better in the long run because of better ratings, but had a smaller opening weekend.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Yeah probably.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I felt the Extended Cut improves the movie by inserting more interesting stuff and expanding on the good, but does nothing to fix any of the bad.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

teagone posted:

I cut a modern trailer together for the Spawn movie. It's a film forever ingrained in my childhood.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-uWeDRUfpU

Wow, I actually want to watch the Spawn movie again, so good job. Although I remember the HBO animated miniseries being way better.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

The Spawn movie doesn't just have bad CGI, it has unfinished CGI. Malebolgia's mouth doesn't move when he talks, etc.

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."

Chill Penguin posted:

Wow, I actually want to watch the Spawn movie again, so good job. Although I remember the HBO animated miniseries being way better.

don't say it too loudly, but you might be getting something close to your wish...

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

That headline is almost perfect. Just change "evildoers" to "audiences".

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Lurdiak posted:

Nic Cage was an awesome Ghost Rider. The only problem was that he was an awesome Ghost Rider in a movie not called Ghost Rider.

It was called Drive Angry.

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hbo just put up the Spawn series on Go. Might need a rewatch.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Lurdiak posted:

The Spawn movie doesn't just have bad CGI, it has unfinished CGI. Malebolgia's mouth doesn't move when he talks, etc.

They made Spawn too stiff, like a life sized Mego doll. I've never read a Spawn comic in my life but I'm pretty sure he's supposed to have smooth fluid movement, but in the movie he's all...lumbering.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I only remembered spawn the movie existed after Michael jai white made fun of his casting in a line on black dynamite

site fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Sep 19, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
I remember enjoying the Spawn movie, but I also remember being disappointed that he only had the cape in a couple scenes. I absolutely love Todd McFarlane's insane, nonsensical capes, and I know it would have blown the budget out to keep it, but why bother if you can't?

I had the first DVD of the Spawn series, but I remember not being too impressed.

• Locked thread