Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
The governor of the next region over from mine is being a loving idiot again with the whole "OH MY GOD WE CAN'T TEACH IN SCHOOL THAT HOMOSEXUALITY IS NORMAL THINK OF THE CHILDREN" thing, and it makes me really loving mad even though I can do nothing but yell at him on social media :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sweet As Sin
May 8, 2007

Hee-ho!!!

Grimey Drawer

Mikl posted:

The governor of the next region over from mine is being a loving idiot again with the whole "OH MY GOD WE CAN'T TEACH IN SCHOOL THAT HOMOSEXUALITY IS NORMAL THINK OF THE CHILDREN" thing, and it makes me really loving mad even though I can do nothing but yell at him on social media :argh:

Imagine this but all over the country

I got Tumblr triggered and touched the poop because some acquaintances were being incredibly homophobic on social media and I couldn't hold it anymore so I came out of the closet on that circle while trying to educate them on some topics. But no, apparently I wasn't subhuman until I admitted to also liking ladies.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I live in a very liberal city but work for some very conservative people. More often than I'd like, someone will spout off some hate & hyperbole and the progressives in the room have to practically explode from not throwing chairs at them.

It's getting better but even the casual sexism (a senior manager who is a woman that thinks the president should always be a man or the brick-faced goons who love to talk about "a woman's place") is disgusting.

Don't get them started on trans issues!

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Sweet As Sin posted:

Imagine this but all over the country

I got Tumblr triggered and touched the poop because some acquaintances were being incredibly homophobic on social media and I couldn't hold it anymore so I came out of the closet on that circle while trying to educate them on some topics. But no, apparently I wasn't subhuman until I admitted to also liking ladies.

You collapsed the quantum gayform

e: I might change this joke later, there's a lot to work with here wrt to quantum gay observation

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

This is why I like living in a bubble. Even slight homophobes or racists don't make it very long around here.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
I've just been tying my hair back or putting it up for the past five months or so, because it's super thick, curly and not unlike wearing a sweater around my neck and shoulders in hot weather. I've trimmed my bangs once or twice, but otherwise just let it go. Now that the weather's getting cool enough to wear it down again, it's a straggly mess that desperately needs a trim. However, the salon I used to go to is now out of business, and the only other places around here that charge less than a hundred bucks are like, Hair Cuttery, and experience has taught me that those places aren't great with curls.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Inzombiac posted:

I'm not getting enough sleep again and I have a constant dull headache and my vision is blurry.

If I could just get a day off to sleep, that'd be great.

Me too pal! The last three nights I've averaged about 3 hours. I thought about calling into work but I want to save that for Friday so I can go see Diarrhea Planet and Meat Puppets.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

Crow Jane posted:

I've just been tying my hair back or putting it up for the past five months or so, because it's super thick, curly and not unlike wearing a sweater around my neck and shoulders in hot weather. I've trimmed my bangs once or twice, but otherwise just let it go. Now that the weather's getting cool enough to wear it down again, it's a straggly mess that desperately needs a trim. However, the salon I used to go to is now out of business, and the only other places around here that charge less than a hundred bucks are like, Hair Cuttery, and experience has taught me that those places aren't great with curls.

Try a Dominican place? :shrug:

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
I keep trying to come up with new Starbound puns to make fun of it for being a terrible game but I can't.

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset

mind the walrus posted:

Found a place that sells a dynamite Reuben. I feel your pain. It got to the point where the delivery drivers started to recognize me which was enough to cut me off.... but goddamn are those good sandwiches.

I can't find a good Reuben anywhere near me. It's all super bland sauerkraut and dry-rear end pastrami as far as I can see. I had fantastic sweet potato fries with one attempt though, so that's a bonus.

Also, I really want to spend $50 to get a themed hoodie for my favorite tv show, but I should really save my money. But, you know, it's my favorite and I could really use another go-to hoodie for the winter, I only have one that's not falling apart...

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib
i'm trying to buy a new motorbike for my gf but I can't decide between red, white and black - and if I ask her she'll know what i'm up...

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Jeff Sichoe posted:

i'm trying to buy a new motorbike for my gf but I can't decide between red, white and black - and if I ask her she'll know what i'm up...

"Hey babe, which part of the Maori flag is your favorite?"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tino_rangatiratanga

Another goon getting bad sleep here!

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Go with red or black; easier cleaning.

Black if she's more of a "serious" user, red if she's more of a "casual" user--not in terms of technical proficiency just in how she approaches the hobby.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

mind the walrus posted:

Go with red or black; easier cleaning.

Black if she's more of a "serious" user, red if she's more of a "casual" user--not in terms of technical proficiency just in how she approaches the hobby.

loving casuals can't even ride motorbikes now? They need to git gud! No motorbikes unless they can complete Dark Souls in Ironman!

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib
Honestly my main thought would be white cause that mofo would pop out like a sore thumb and hopefully avoid someone ramming her to death...

but yeah maybe I can trick her with a vexillological question

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Mister Adequate posted:

loving casuals can't even ride motorbikes now? They need to git gud! No motorbikes unless they can complete Dark Souls in Ironman!

No no, playing Dark Souls with a motorbike in Ironman. Anyone else doesn't deserve the color black.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I was warm and thirsty, and so I drank a ton of ice water. Now my stomach is cold and it hurts.

e: I'll late edit this one to add it since there's only one post after mine: I forgot that I bought a ticket to a movie earlier in the day, so without thinking I went to another theater later on to see it. No problem, just cancel my old ticket, right? By sheer coincidence, my phone decided that while it was on 4G LTE and had full signal bars, I couldn't connect to anything. I went outside, and the same thing happened.

MisterBibs has a new favorite as of 21:39 on Sep 17, 2016

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

It's 2016, why haven't we invented plumbing or some sort of plumbing attachment that can handle some hair down the drain.

SerialKilldeer
Apr 25, 2014

My college classes start on Thursday but I can't get my student bus pass activated till next Monday so I'll have to pay bus fare (as I already have for two student orientations).

For some reason my iPad keeps randomly refreshing webpages. I've been unable to access a particular forum thread (not here) for several days because it will load the first post or so, then stop and refresh, then go through the whole process again.

Also, the wifi in this house is strangely patchy. It's fine almost everywhere, but if I step over some invisible line in my bedroom the connection becomes weak and tends to drop off frequently. This means I (usually) can't browse the Internet in bed.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

It's (way past :v:) bedtime and I'm not even comfy or awake enough to do stuff online but I'm too lazy to go to bed because it'd involve effort. :effort:

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.
There's an arts festival going on in my city and I have an artist pass that allows me to go and see shows without paying which is great but my fwp is that every show I go to I have to show them my pass and awkwardly apologize for not having an actual paid-for ticket and it's super exhausting because I'm an anxious, introverted goon :saddowns:

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?
Chrome updated but now it runs like a kid with no legs.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
My loofah is losing its bite/roughness, so my occasional "tear off all the dead skin that normal washing doesn't get" was a lot more strenuous than normal.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

My dog had several ugly growths removed--mainly the golf-ball sized one on her neck--but now she's in recovery so she has to wear a cone, I have to slather gold bond on the stitches multiple times a day to keep the area dry, it smells fetid to be around her, and it's generally going to suck for another week before the stitches finally come out. Poor old girl I just want her last remaining year or so to be pleasant.

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs
Strangely related to the thread title, I pooped and my anus hurts. I believe it's because like all of us in the first world we enjoy pooping while sitting down instead of squatting. Squatting makes me poop effortlessly, but then I have to squat which makes me feel super weird.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Dude, I bought a squatty potty and it's pretty awesome.

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Dude, I bought a squatty potty and it's pretty awesome.

I'm 100% certain it is, but then my girlfriend and all the people who will visit my place will know I use a squatty potty and I'll feel like less of a man. Like my anus isn't up to par with western standards

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
It folds up against the bowl so it's basically just sort of there if you want it.

Personally I can handle the people trying to make snide remarks about it if it means less rear end in a top hat pain. I've had hemorrhoids before, and I've got IBS, so I'm fairly familiar with "AUGH, MY ANUS" kinda days.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Just eat some broccoli and apples for breakfast it flushes you right out.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
Today I saw on the back of a car a metal emblem, like one of those Jesus fish metal stick-ons. But this one was special. It was the symbol of the Third Street Saints

This guy:

He also had it plus some words I can't remember in a vinyl decal in his rear window.

Problems:

1) I could not tell this guy/gal that s/he was cool
2) I do not know where I can obtain these items

Mocking Bird
Aug 17, 2011

Thin Privilege posted:

Today I saw on the back of a car a metal emblem, like one of those Jesus fish metal stick-ons. But this one was special. It was the symbol of the Third Street Saints

This guy:

He also had it plus some words I can't remember in a vinyl decal in his rear window.

Problems:

1) I could not tell this guy/gal that s/he was cool
2) I do not know where I can obtain these items

Isn't that just a sports logo for the NO Saints?

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

Fashionable Jorts posted:

It's 2016, why haven't we invented plumbing or some sort of plumbing attachment that can handle some hair down the drain.

The Liquid Plumr Hair Clog Eliminator is amazing, I have shut old rusted pipes so they inevitably get clogged with hair sticking to the rust. This poo poo makes my pipes run like new. I can't recommend it enough. I also let it sit for longer than the 15 min or whatever the recommended time but I have metal pipes and that prob wouldn't work on plastic..... Hopefully doesn't ruin metal pipes :ohdear:

Also I can't tell if you're being sarcastic after having just read the post about flanders' problems, I'm on 3 hours of sleep

More problems:

3) I have not had enough sleep
4) I am wasting time on the internet instead of sleeping

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Mocking Bird posted:

Isn't that just a sports logo for the NO Saints?

Nah they're different. I am a loser video game nerd and can tell the difference/spot a game logo or reference in the blink of an eye :negative:

I have video game bumper stickers

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 03:09 on Sep 19, 2016

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Sprite in the 20oz bottle or from a soda fountain, I can drink a gallon of it. So why does drinking it from a can make it taste like crap?

I had a poo poo day Friday at work and am looking at a writeup when my boss gets back in a week. And I have the rest of this week to deal with a dispatcher who hates me and is either actively loving me over, or just so bad at his job he does it unintentionally.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Cowslips Warren posted:

Sprite in the 20oz bottle or from a soda fountain, I can drink a gallon of it. So why does drinking it from a can make it taste like crap?

I really like lemon/lime stuff but Spite gives me a headache every time. 7up used to until the most recent recipe change and now it's pretty good for a soda.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Thin Privilege posted:

The Liquid Plumr Hair Clog Eliminator is amazing, I have shut old rusted pipes so they inevitably get clogged with hair sticking to the rust. This poo poo makes my pipes run like new. I can't recommend it enough. I also let it sit for longer than the 15 min or whatever the recommended time but I have metal pipes and that prob wouldn't work on plastic..... Hopefully doesn't ruin metal pipes :ohdear:

I've always heard that you should basically never use any Liquid Plumber/Drano type of products ever. Maybe like once or twice, but despite what they say, they are bad for all pipes, metal and plastic.

Just get a drain snake to get rid of clogs.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

My cat passed away after taking a turn for the worse yesterday. He waited for me to get up and love him as he took his last breath before six this morning. His brother passed away the same way last year with me by his side. Cats are funny like that. Now they're together again buried side by side.

Thin Privilege posted:

This guy:

That's just a Fleur-de-lis, a stylized lily that's associated with the French, and may be as old as Gaul or even older.

Poldarn
Feb 18, 2011

DrBouvenstein posted:

I've always heard that you should basically never use any Liquid Plumber/Drano type of products ever. Maybe like once or twice, but despite what they say, they are bad for all pipes, metal and plastic.

Just get a drain snake to get rid of clogs.

Nah, Drano is fine. The chemical reacts to hair/dirt/grease whatever but doesn't react with the plastic or metal in the pipes.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

You Are A Elf posted:

My cat passed away after taking a turn for the worse yesterday. He waited for me to get up and love him as he took his last breath before six this morning. His brother passed away the same way last year with me by his side. Cats are funny like that. Now they're together again buried side by side.

That's just a Fleur-de-lis, a stylized lily that's associated with the French, and may be as old as Gaul or even older.

Pet death isn't a first world problem. I'm so sorry to hear that. :smithcloud:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fanky Malloons
Aug 21, 2010

Is your social worker inside that horse?
I banned myself from taking naps during the day because I was taking too many, but now I'm tired and it's too early to go to bed.