Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

IAmTheRad posted:

Why should ATS get all the free stuff?

http://blog.scssoft.com/2016/09/schwarzmuller-trailer-pack-dlc.html

(tl;dr summary: Play ETS2 for 50 total hours and get the trailer pack for free after going through the link)

Thanks for the heads up, I'd have missed that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.
Aaaand they're already out.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!
I knew they were limited. It's why I posted it on the same day the blog post was up. You can buy the DLC from the Steam store, anyways.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Anybody else never drive at the speed limit? I always do somewhere between 5 and 25 under because the AI is so loving dumb. I regularly run into situations where I'll have to move over and pass a car/truck while doing 40 in a loving 55/65 zone. It's ridiculous.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

ShootaBoy posted:

Anybody else never drive at the speed limit? I always do somewhere between 5 and 25 under because the AI is so loving dumb. I regularly run into situations where I'll have to move over and pass a car/truck while doing 40 in a loving 55/65 zone. It's ridiculous.

Kind of, but the opposite. 5–25kph over the limit or bust. Fast enough to get where you're going, slow enough to make it easy to avoid speeding tickets. :D

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

There's a speed limit outside of towns or near speed cameras?

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

IAmTheRad posted:

There's a speed limit outside of towns or near speed cameras?

Yes, they're call off-ramps and they're even worse than enemy drivers as far as ruining your speed and your cargo.

Tippis fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Sep 18, 2016

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

Tippis posted:

Yes, they're call off-ramps and they're even worse than enemy drivers as far as ruining your speed and your cargo.

Well there's your problem, the tires are on the wrong side of the truck.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

santanotreal posted:

Well there's your problem, the tires are on the wrong side of the truck.

And that is the danger of off-ramps. They cause exactly those kinds of problems with your truck.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

My only speed limiter is horsepower :coal:

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
Don't forget to turn off the speed limiter in the options menu, too :getin:

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

deadly_pudding posted:

Don't forget to turn off the speed limiter in the options menu, too :getin:

After reinstalling ets2 on my new computer it took me probably five hours of playing to realize that I still had the speed limiter on. :negative:

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Decided to reinstall ProMods. Also got Rusmap, Project Balkans, and Egypt Addon. They are all "officially" supported by ProMods. Heck, the mod load order on ProMods' website told me so. Obviously ProMods doesn't make the other ones, and they will only fix their own map.

Ledenko
Aug 10, 2012
I got the gift of Truck :3

ATS is fun and a nice change of scenery, but I can see the scale being a problem as I've visited like half the cities in one day. Do we know if the rescale is going to add roads?

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

Ledenko posted:

I got the gift of Truck :3

ATS is fun and a nice change of scenery, but I can see the scale being a problem as I've visited like half the cities in one day. Do we know if the rescale is going to add roads?

http://blog.scssoft.com/2016/06/the-rescale.html

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

He just wants a belly rub :kimchi:

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

I didn't notice this before but look at the lower right corner of the new map. There are roads leading east that aren't in the current game. Is New Mexico the next DLC?
Edit: I should have googled first...the next DLC will be New Mexico and Texas.

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

Has there been any date given for the rescale?

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

TjyvTompa posted:

I didn't notice this before but look at the lower right corner of the new map. There are roads leading east that aren't in the current game. Is New Mexico the next DLC?
Edit: I should have googled first...the next DLC will be New Mexico and Texas.

New Mexico & Texas is the next map DLC, then Oregon & Washington.

shortspecialbus posted:

Has there been any date given for the rescale?

They are probably starting internal beta in the next few weeks then I guess open beta will be Nov/Dec.

Ledenko
Aug 10, 2012
Speaking of rescale, I tried out a 1:1 Alaskan highway map. While seeing a parking lot as large as some of vanilla towns is cool, driving 200 miles for like 3 hours gets to you. I've seen things man. Things. Trees.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Anyone been having any problems with the game since the last patch? I hadn't touched it in a few weeks but trying it last night it kept hanging up on the load screen. I thought it might be a mod conflict, but when I tried a new vanilla game I had the same problem.

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

I've sometimes had issues with the games connecting to WOT but otherwise they load just fine

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

Ledenko posted:

Speaking of rescale, I tried out a 1:1 Alaskan highway map. While seeing a parking lot as large as some of vanilla towns is cool, driving 200 miles for like 3 hours gets to you. I've seen things man. Things. Trees.

:stare: Don't post about a mod if you aren't going to link it.

Ledenko
Aug 10, 2012
I didn't link because I'm not a sadist. Here though, drive through some woods for hours: http://forum.scssoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=194&t=213559&sid=12a08e5d1612931499b138084681f49d

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
My uncle is a bit of a religious nutter but also a pretty cool guy. Yesterday he showed up on my door with this bastard of a thing.

A member of the congregation had just died and since nobody else knew what to do with it he took it.
As far as I can tell it's a Logitech g27. Those work with Eurotruck, right?

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Lodin posted:

My uncle is a bit of a religious nutter but also a pretty cool guy. Yesterday he showed up on my door with this bastard of a thing.

A member of the congregation had just died and since nobody else knew what to do with it he took it.
As far as I can tell it's a Logitech g27. Those work with Eurotruck, right?

If it uses xinput, it works with ETS2 and ATS.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
It'll work, you'll probably have to grab some version of Logitech Gaming Software to configure parts of it though.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
Truckin' for Jesus

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

looks like a G27 to me. Good score since they sell for about 300 right now, and that stand is another 150

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid

Lodin posted:

Those work with Eurotruck, right?

Yes, it's a great wheel too. One of the best of the "Inexpensive" wheels.

You can get the software/drivers from http://support.logitech.com/en_us/product/g27-racing-wheel

You lucky gently caress.

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

it's also the same wheel/pedal stand I use. It's nice.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Friend offered me a g27 for $100. Amazing deal but I already have a dfgt that I'd have to figure out how to sell. Hmmmm

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Harminoff posted:

Friend offered me a g27 for $100. Amazing deal but I already have a dfgt that I'd have to figure out how to sell. Hmmmm

Sell it on amazon for 70 bucks and it'll sell in a week.
Or sell me the G27 For $100..

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

G27 owns. Get it.

It's a bit of a bug in Forza Horizon 3 right now but there's a workaround for it and holy poo poo it makes that game so fun.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Goddammit I want a proper wheel so bad :( The one I got is a lovely, tiny one and I can't even begin to afford these $100+ "cheap" wheels.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Jeeze even the Driving Force GT used at amazon is frigging 150 now, I sold mine 3 months ago for around 90

Check craigslist for one, I got mine for 75 with a stand from someone who just wanted rid of it.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Sadly I live in such a bumfuck area that the nearest results on craigslist for a non car wheel are all the way in LA.

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

tater_salad posted:

Jeeze even the Driving Force GT used at amazon is frigging 150 now, I sold mine 3 months ago for around 90

Check craigslist for one, I got mine for 75 with a stand from someone who just wanted rid of it.

I gave my DFGT away to a friend :goleft:

HarmB
Jun 19, 2006

Picked up a G27 today for $100. Poor guy is now stuck trying to sell an openwheeler seat without a wheel though. Someone tell me how they have their G27 set up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

This is what I use, though I go Auto and use the clutch pedal to brake because reasons

https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApjdVpDXKjAlgv8u5In-XP7VylKslw

unzip the 3 files in the archive to Documents\<truckisim>\profiles\<profile>\