Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

chumbler posted:

Why would you ever not believe in Helck, and Anne from management?

That was not specifically a time of duress in which they needed your energy!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy
Man, that's bullshit. Pell should totally be dead.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Yeah, this isn't the kind of manga where people just die, but I believe I pointed that out already with All Might not dying even though everyone was really sure he was going to bite it.

That said, I wouldn't be surprised if some don't quite make it.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

PFlats posted:

at least his buds, those nameless royal guards, are totally dead for real tho

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

i hope piuy shows up

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.

PFlats posted:

Pell is dead, bird got evaporated

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dreggon posted:

i hope piuy shows up

What quirk would Piuy have?

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

JosephWongKS posted:

Piuy's quirk is that he's Piuy.

[e]:
Question about the front page Ryos
I know two are drawn by Horikoshi and Oda, but who drew the third?

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 10:49 on Sep 15, 2016

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
I am so glad I read Helck by complete accident.

I just wish more of the mangas I've started were longer and more complete.

If anyone is interested, I recommend Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken, but I'll warn you that it being only 16 chapters long is painful.

Mordaedil fucked around with this message at 10:13 on Sep 15, 2016

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

JosephWongKS posted:

piuy

Adelheid
Mar 29, 2010

Mordaedil posted:

I just wish more of the mangas I've started were longer and more complete.

If anyone is interested, I recommend Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken, but I'll warn you that it being only 16 chapters long is painful.

Egh, Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken. I had so much hope for it when it first came out, but the further I got into the webnovel, the worse it got. Granted, the manga is filtered through the light novel and has two layers of editing going into it, but there's not a lot that can elevate it above its descension to standard reincarnated in another world trash besides a complete rewrite, which, doesn't seem to be happening. If you want something like that (as in, a "reincarnated as something nonhuman" story) that's actually still good, though, Kumo Desu Ga, Nani Ka? is great, though its manga is only up to chapter 10.

Adelheid fucked around with this message at 11:33 on Sep 15, 2016

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Mordaedil posted:

Zatch Bell was my accidental read of memory. That's a pro-read for sure and pretty long too, and completed.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Adelheid posted:

Egh, Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken. I had so much hope for it when it first came out, but the further I got into the webnovel, the worse it got.

I see, that's a shame. I've just been going through so much crap it stood out from the rest in that way.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Thank y'all for mentioning Helck.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
"You all were taught at the best school by the best heroes with the best resources. You have fought against real bad guys that tried to straight up murder you.Villains are going to continue to come after you class 1-A so if you don't get your license you will not be able to really defend yourselves."

*In an edgy teenager voice* "Why are they all doing well in the first test?"

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

yes someone graciously bestowed this upon me, thank you mysterious benefactor

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

RareAcumen posted:

Strap in, it's this kind of manga. We should've seen it coming when All Might didn't explode in the process of stopping AFO.

Frankly it's more cerberus that All Might didn't die. Even AFO noted that it would've been a perfect place to die and pass the torch but because he didn't die, there are much harder consequences to deal with.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I wonder what are the chances that Shigaraki would straight up ignore Toshinori now since he's no longer the symbol of peace. I can't remember if he's stated anything about it but I imagine he's gonna focus on Deku and Bakugou from now on.

Like I think that All Might's role from now on will be to stubbornly try and somehow "save" Tomura while putting himself in danger, and if they meet Shigaraki could barely acknowledge him as if he didn't exist.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Blackheart posted:

I wonder what are the chances that Shigaraki would straight up ignore Toshinori now since he's no longer the symbol of peace. I can't remember if he's stated anything about it but I imagine he's gonna focus on Deku and Bakugou from now on.

Like I think that All Might's role from now on will be to stubbornly try and somehow "save" Tomura while putting himself in danger, and if they meet Shigaraki could barely acknowledge him as if he didn't exist.

All Might still beat his father figure and sent him to jail so.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Blackheart posted:

Shiggy's beef with All Might seems a bit more personal than the symbol of peace stuff. Also, All Might and Midoriya know the "symbol" part of him is dead but he's still has presence.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Blackheart posted:

All Might's death would still be a huge blow to the hero world, even after he's depowered.

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

could be worse, furry kira is still 50 percent ok
edit: that neck is making my inner artist scream though

on topic, i think we need some 1v1s before any yuuei people would even start disappearing. Been a while since we had fights against equals, i think that's whats being hyped up right now

Wild Horses fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Sep 15, 2016

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

RatHat posted:

All Might's death would still be a huge blow to the hero world, even after he's depowered.

Yeah, the optics of the former top hero in the entire world getting brutally murdered by vengeful villains while totally helpless would not be good.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Josuke Higashikata posted:

its good

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Bakugou's a real spicy meatball.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Bad Seafood posted:

Processed Meat is a pretty strong quirk but this dude isn't exactly using it optimally.

That's not a complaint, just an observation of his character.
They only said none of them are out of the running, not that they've all made it.

The latter might be contrived, the former not so much.

Yeah. this is what I figure happened. I don't think Mina passed :(

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Mr. Fowl posted:

Hey, hey. Don't get negative now.

logger
Jun 28, 2008

...and in what manner the Ancyent Marinere came back to his own Country.
Soiled Meat

Mr. Fowl posted:

That doesn't make sense because the remaining last students could go after each other so I don't think it is over yet.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
Two possible outcomes for the scenario of UA students being the last ones on the field and having to take eachother out. 1) They decide to go all out and fight their hardest out of mutual respect for one another or 2) They all decide nah gently caress this, let's go do friend stuff together.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
The test doesn't go until no students are left, it ends when 100 students have passed.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

yea I wouldn't be surprised if none of the ua students get disqualified by being taken out by other players, but having some of them not make the cut by not being in the first 100 wouldn't surprise me either

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

I'm actually really pleased that Deku and Uraraka got through already (and Sero too). Now we can focus down on the other UA students!

Also check out Spider-Grandpa.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Green Intern posted:

I'm actually really pleased that Deku and Uraraka got through already (and Sero too). Now we can focus down on the other UA students!

Also check out Spider-Grandpa.

I don't think they have passed yet. Just got the first knockout or somthing.

redux
Apr 23, 2008

MonsterEnvy posted:

I don't think they have passed yet. Just got the first knockout or somthing.

Nah they definitely passed, right before they tag their players there is an announcement that 76 players had passed, and then right after that scene it says 79.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Also, each one of them needed two points, and there's well more than six people there for them to get points from.

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!

chumbler posted:

Why would you ever not believe in Helck, and Anne from management?
I don't believe in them, because belief requires the possibility of doubt.

JosephWongKS posted:

Not being a bird.

Roland Jones posted:

Also, each one of them needed two points, and there's well more than six people there for them to get points from.
Sounds like it's time to ring the metaphorical dinner bell and summon the rest of 1-A to feast upon the helpless targets.

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012
Chapter one of the spinoff series is out. its good

https://jaiminisbox.com/reader/read/boku_no_hero_academia_illegals/en/0/1/page/1

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
One female character so far. And she's under a rape threat in literally the first chapter. In an otherwise very promising series.

...this is going to be the new Berserk, isn't it? :sigh:

Buzzsaw Roomba
Feb 14, 2012

Christ, what an asshole.

That was surprisingly good for a spinoff. Worth coming back for the next chapter at least.

Poison Mushroom posted:

:lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Poison Mushroom posted:

One female character so far. And she's under a rape threat in literally the first chapter. In an otherwise very promising series.

No, if it was Berserk she wouldn't be saved at all.