Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

elf help book posted:

We entered a dark timeline when Sega stopped making consoles. How much lower do the disgusting monsters in this thread want us to sink?

As far as we must to get the NX

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

elf help book posted:

We entered a dark timeline when Sega stopped making consoles. How much lower do the disgusting monsters in this thread want us to sink?

microsoft screws the pooch once and people think Sony is good somehow...

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
At this point I'm just hoping that the NX is the promise of a brighter future in the years to come.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Argue posted:

At this point I'm just hoping that the NX is the promise of a brighter future in the years to come.

The year is 2028.

Microsoft has just released the newest Xbox. It is simply named Xbox, and it's a streaming service for streaming yourself watching other streaming services.

Nintendo slowly fell apart after 2016, when the NX was never announced. At some point the entire Nintendo of America office building simply disappeared, no ones sure when, because so little was heard from Nintendo before that point anyway.

Sony has released the PlayStation 6 10K VR Pro+. They have long forgotten the original purpose of the PlayStation, it not only has no games, it has no ability to play games. It's a solid slab of plastic. Kotaku has praised Sony for its "sleek modern design."

Gaming is finally dead, and the fools in this forum are cheering.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

The NX will have a new Metroid game as a launch title.

(Please don't quote this post and say that it will be Metroid: Other M/Metroid: Other M 2).

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

irlZaphod posted:

(Please don't quote this post and say that it will be Metroid: Other M/Metroid: Other M 2).

Metroid: Other Federation Force

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
Remember the ending of the 1995 thriller Se7en?

NX was in the box.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

irlZaphod posted:

It's gonna be Another Metroid 2 Remake, and it turns out they sent the DMCA notice because that guy literally took their source code.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

*jumps into quicksand pit*

Hello? Hello! Is the NX in here, have you seen the NX?

*gets down on hands and knees*

HAVE YOU SEEN THE NX, WELL, HAVE YOU?!

*struggles to move, slowly only head above the pit*

I think I found it, this is the NX, and oh god it's amazing, I'm the NX too!

*joins the mound of corpses that is the NX*

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Phantasium posted:

*jumps into quicksand pit*

Hello? Hello! Is the NX in here, have you seen the NX?

*gets down on hands and knees*

HAVE YOU SEEN THE NX, WELL, HAVE YOU?!

*struggles to move, slowly only head above the pit*

I think I found it, this is the NX, and oh god it's amazing, I'm the NX too!

*joins the mound of corpses that is the NX*

The NX is going to rule.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Jonas Albrecht posted:

The NX is going to rule.

Yeah, I'll buy an NX port of Dark Souls 1.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

NX promises to work exactly as well as Playstation Remote Play.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

hey everyone update I was looking at my 70-year-old dad's shared calendar to plan a trip and he had "preorder nintendo" marked for a day in late october. think it was the 17th or 18th. he doesnt work for nintendo or in video games in any capacity but I presume someone clued him into the announcement day so go ahead and rely on that as official bankable information. tbh not sure why he'd be preordering a nintendo either I dont think he plays anything except civ games

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Super No Vacancy posted:

tbh not sure why he'd be preordering a nintendo either I dont think he plays anything except civ games

put two and two together. occam's razor

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Looks like a September announcement is unlikely now.

Well they were gonna til you said that.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
How many days of the same joke can we take before the NX is announced?

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Hot enough for ya?

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Kashuno posted:

I'm desperately searching for wordplay involving the letters N and X. Annex is a word, I guess?
Goldmine.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Kashuno posted:

Blame Nintendo or God

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

It was only when I saw the footsteps in the sand, that I knew the NX was with me all along.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

sout posted:

I'm desperately searching for wordplay involving the letters N and X. Annex is a word, I guess?
Goldmine.
Just say NX will use LyNX as its browser.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

Kashuno posted:

the nx will ship with the willpower to quit reading a thread
3 aaa's required. not included

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Blame Nintendo or God

Nintengods

sout
Apr 24, 2014

I'm bruteforcing every combination of answers until I find an answer that is NX.
Is it smaller than a breadbox? Unknown.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
Oh no my parents just said I can either get a WiiU for xmas or wait for the NX in March but will it come out in March?! I don't even know!

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Argue posted:

Much like NX was the registry prefix in Star Trek Enterprise, Nintendo is signaling the NX will be a prequel console.

bloodychill posted:

Oh no my parents just said I can either get a WiiU for xmas or wait for the NX in March but will it come out in March?! I don't even know!

Get a WiiU, there are 5s of great games to play on it.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
Thank you a fancy bloke but only Nintendo can save me from this quagmire by announcing the NX in the next week.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I'm still mad I never played Skyward Sword. I never got the motion plus whatever :negative:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

I'm still mad I never played Skyward Sword. I never got the motion plus whatever :negative:

what the gently caress you are a stupid idiot go play it ya big dummy.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Kashuno posted:

what the gently caress you are a stupid idiot go play it ya big dummy.

was it good? I remember twilight princess being fun but I was never able to play it again thanks to the four hour intro

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Imo top 5 Zelda games

A Link Between Worlds
Skyward Sword
Windwaker
Majora's Mask
Minish Cap

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
imo top 5 zelda games

hyrule warriors x 5

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.

Super No Vacancy posted:

hey everyone update I was looking at my 70-year-old dad's shared calendar to plan a trip and he had "preorder nintendo" marked for a day in late october. think it was the 17th or 18th. he doesnt work for nintendo or in video games in any capacity but I presume someone clued him into the announcement day so go ahead and rely on that as official bankable information. tbh not sure why he'd be preordering a nintendo either I dont think he plays anything except civ games

Civ 6 as NX launch title: confirmed

Electromax
May 6, 2007

Kashuno posted:

They're still gonna sell the XB1 after the NX is announced too though.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

elf help book posted:

The year is 2028.

Microsoft has just released the newest Xbox. It is simply named Xbox, and it's a streaming service for streaming yourself watching other streaming services.

Nintendo slowly fell apart after 2016, when the NX was never announced. At some point the entire Nintendo of America office building simply disappeared, no ones sure when, because so little was heard from Nintendo before that point anyway.

Sony has released the PlayStation 6 10K VR Pro+. They have long forgotten the original purpose of the PlayStation, it not only has no games, it has no ability to play games. It's a solid slab of plastic. Kotaku has praised Sony for its "sleek modern design."

Quoting this to appreciate it even more.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

elf help book posted:

The year is 2028.

On moonless nights, some say that the Nintendo building reappears from the mist like a ghost, the haze rising around, and still swear that one day that they will return to tell what the NX really is.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Worldwide announcement of the NX-less Horseman, you heard it here first folks!

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever
The NX is a concept, much like perfection. You can work and hope and strive for it, but you can never actually achieve it. Nevertheless, it is in so doing that we rise above the savage and closer to God.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Nintendo, when they are ready to announce the thing, should have a twitter contest where you retweet the announcement date and whatever hash tag and you get a chance to win a ticket to the reveal event and an NX of your own a week or so before launch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

was it good? I remember twilight princess being fun but I was never able to play it again thanks to the four hour intro

Skyward Sword is hard to enjoy for a few reasons. Still worth playing but things like the more awkward waggle controls can get tiresome. Link Between Worlds and Windwaker HD are probably the best "recent" Zelda titles worth playing.

• Locked thread