Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

remusclaw posted:

Out of curiosity, how long did he give his girlfriend before deciding that she had turned into a sad, depressed, sack of tears for the rest of her life? I'm assuming this wasn't part of a eulogy for her.

The relationship was already lovely, so the miscarriage was a godsend that helped him move past and heal and find some 14-year-old who show his dick to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

PCOS Bill posted:

Don't make me go full autist.

Goku, at his maximum power, Super Saiyan God: "don't make me take this to the next level, bitch"

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Baba Yaga Fanboy
May 18, 2011

Man this meme is way too dank for me. What's the significance of this?

for fucks sake
Jan 23, 2016

Developer announces game which will obviously be terrible.
Game is hyped to ludicrous heights for two years.
Games comes out and is terrible in exactly the ways predicted.
Developer ceases all communication on social media on date specified on milk carton.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

for fucks sake posted:

Developer announces game which will obviously be terrible.
Game is hyped to ludicrous heights for two years.
Games comes out and is terrible in exactly the ways predicted.
Developer ceases all communication on social media on date specified on milk carton.

I didn't follow the press around this game, but someone linked this in some other thread and I think it's a great summary:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8P2CZg3sJQ

Of course he would vanish from social media after that :allears:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Jamesman posted:

The relationship was already lovely, so the miscarriage was a godsend that helped him move past and heal and find some 14-year-old who show his dick to.

I think it is really important to reiterate that Tim B^Uckley, creator of the webcomic Control Alternate Delete sent pictures of his dick with ginger pubes to a girl he knew was under 18.
I'm pretty sure his ED article has them if you want to just loving vomit until you die.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Yeah B^U has gotten a soft pass thanks to the sands of time and the fact that B^Uckly did in fact start to try with his art, but he's still 160 lbs. of poo poo in a human sausage casing.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

mind the walrus posted:

Yeah B^U has gotten a soft pass thanks to the sands of time and the fact that B^Uckly did in fact start to try with his art, but he's still 160 lbs. of poo poo in a human sausage casing.

He didn't really get a soft pass, it's just the outrage happened years ago already when it came out that it happened and there's really no reason to keep getting outraged again and again and again and again and keep dredging it up because after a while you just look like the crazy one.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Z... Zorak! No!

johnnyratbastard
Nov 9, 2012
https://i.imgur.com/CHyLT0c.gifv

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

PCOS Bill posted:

He didn't really get a soft pass, it's just the outrage happened years ago already when it came out that it happened and there's really no reason to keep getting outraged again and again and again and again and keep dredging it up because after a while you just look like the crazy one.

You're right. What happened in the past is the past and Bill Cosby sure seems ok now so

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

CAD released a comic just the other day, with a drawing of a woman in hospital, giving birth and this thread didn't collectively aneurysm?

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

well why not posted:

CAD released a comic just the other day, with a drawing of a woman in hospital, giving birth and this thread didn't collectively aneurysm?

No-one reads CAD anymore.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Not since the CAD mock thread was closed. RIP, you were too B^Utiful for this world.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Johnny Aztec posted:

Not since the CAD mock thread was closed. RIP, you were too B^Utiful for this world.

I'm genuinely upset some enterprising goon--including myself--didn't take it upon themselves to chronicle and archive loss.jpg through the years. If done thoroughly enough there's a legit sociology paper in there.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

well why not posted:

Edits were posted here. You missed it. :cmon:

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT GENTOO

lmfao

Also perhaps u should look at the 4 panel one again, it's got me a at a loss

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

mind the walrus posted:

I'm genuinely upset some enterprising goon--including myself--didn't take it upon themselves to chronicle and archive loss.jpg through the years. If done thoroughly enough there's a legit sociology paper in there.

Granted, it's missing a lot of them, but:

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/cadbortion-loss-edits

edit: it's probably impossible to count how many were created in the recent meme threads alone, which is part of why I love it so much.

Trabant has a new favorite as of 15:30 on Sep 19, 2016

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Trabant posted:

Granted, it's missing a lot of them, but:

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/cadbortion-loss-edits

edit: it's probably impossible to count how many were created in the recent meme threads alone, which is part of why I love it so much.

Yeah I looked there, and it doesn't have a fraction of what's cropped up in the last decade on SA alone. It's really a lost endeavor at this point. Soon our grandchildren will stumble across old moldy .jpgs in the corner of ancient imgur, like fossils or hieroglyphics and they will piece together an incomplete whole, wondering why on earth four panels of poorly drawn garbage keeps appearing in historical records of this time period.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

I remember occasionally visiting YCS in the PS3/Xbox Console Wars era and seeing hundreds of loss edits being posted a day.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

mind the walrus posted:

Yeah I looked there, and it doesn't have a fraction of what's cropped up in the last decade on SA alone. It's really a lost endeavor at this point. Soon our grandchildren will stumble across old moldy .jpgs in the corner of ancient imgur, like fossils or hieroglyphics and they will piece together an incomplete whole, wondering why on earth four panels of poorly drawn garbage keeps appearing in historical records of this time period.

Page 1000 of the webcomics thread was certainly something.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
https://twitter.com/simpsons_vids/status/777909323628437504

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Your Computer posted:

I didn't follow the press around this game, but someone linked this in some other thread and I think it's a great summary:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8P2CZg3sJQ

Of course he would vanish from social media after that :allears:

I didn't follow any of it either. Is this another "dorks thought game would be something different from what it turned out to be" thing like with Sid Meier's Beyond Earth, where people were butthurt that it wasn't Alpha Centauri 2 despite having been told by the developers that it was, in fact, specifically not going to be that? I've heard "it was supposed to be Grand Theft Auto plus Morrowind only in space" more than once.

I bought it, and having played it for a while, think it's

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I assume it's a minor Star Citizen situation, where people have vastly unrealistic expectations based on developer hype.

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica

Can memes get more sour than this?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Thank you for this.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Phlegmish posted:

I assume it's a minor Star Citizen situation, where people have vastly unrealistic expectations based on developer hype.

Well, they were flat out told certain things would be in the game (e.g., multiplayer), which then weren't in the game or were so rare they might as well not be in the game.

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

Dienes posted:

Well, they were flat out told certain things would be in the game (e.g., multiplayer), which then weren't in the game or were so rare they might as well not be in the game.

This. NMS had a lot of unrealistic hype built up around it but the devs stoked those fires hard, and in quite a few cases outright lied. At best they let a Peter Molyneux / Todd Howard type blab too much, at worst they were happy to go on Colbert or whatever and just bold-face lie. That video is pretty good for editing together several years worth of BS, if Sean Murray mentions some feature it probably didn't make it to the final version.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Phlegmish posted:

My favourite part is developers writing a column "how to cope with excessive hype brought by fans" after the release.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

hella spice

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

well why not posted:

You mean this one?

The Sausages
Sep 30, 2012

What do you want to do? Who do you want to be?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

How? How did this happen to our rarest friend?

In other news, Indonesia's at a crossroads.

• Locked thread