Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iospace
Jan 19, 2038

triple sulk posted:

it's also very loving clear that michelle should be president

And Triple Sulk was never heard from again. The last we saw of them was a black shadow before their neck suddenly imploded.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Phi230 posted:

The whole mission is basically defend the Midway vs. The entire Cuban airforce. I run out of RIM66s and Im taking bad attrition on my Hornets. Cant establish air superiorty so little patrol craft shoots me

hm that actually sounds fun, whats it called? Usually a US vs cuba scenario is pretty much about bombing cuba back into the stone age.

You can adjust the "Weapons Release Authority" to conserve missiles, and use them sparingly

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Truga posted:

https://twitter.com/williamjordann/status/777629290489872385

Too bad about them dumb dems nominating the wrong person. She'll still win, but goddamn

dont say that in the hillary thread, they'll be upset about :abuela: :c

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

orange sky posted:

Speaking as a European person (but also as someone who's been on this forum since 2007 so has had USA's culture soak through) we're very, very afraid.

I mean literally, people are stressing out about the choice that Americans are going to make in these elections and it shows (even though we have our own clusterfuck to solve on our side of the ocean). In almost all medium to long term plans we say something to the effect of "and what if Trump wins?".

We know that it's completely up to the American people to choose their leader, but it has effects on the whole world, especially the most direct trade partners. If his strategy is to not pay debt, like he says it is, what's that going to be like? If we don't get our money and start applying sanctions, will we get nuked? Will the rest of the countries in the world also choose a bigoted right wing nut?

I wish these forums were a good sample of the US audience. 99% of the posts in these thread are making fun of Trump. But when I see people in the 18-30 age range in Trump rallies it's really scary.

This happens after I had a huge conviction the UK would never vote yes on Brexit, and that happened. So I'm not going to take anything for granted anymore.

Just wanted to let you know this bit about my life and our side of this huge clusterfuck, hope you choose well. Because yes there's an objective better choice here, don't be dense about it.

You sissys need to accept the fact trump will nuke all of you to kill three terrorists.

neonnoodle
Mar 20, 2008

by exmarx

dr_rat posted:

She needs the Ron Swanson endorsement....
Ron Swanson would probably say he was voting for Johnson (or not voting and instead spending election day drinking single malts at his hunting cabin), but would in fact secretly vote for HRC because he doesn't want to be blown up in a nuclear war by an orange clownbaby.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lastgirl posted:

donald trump tweets being used to recruit terrorists is yuge if true

like drat

like thats believable for sure

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

Epic High Five posted:

"When I was your age I was infiltrating schools in towns where people still got lynched to bust them for illegally segregating. What are you doing? Bitching about Imagine Dragons or whatever? Don't talk to me about justice, I could crush you with a stray thought but I will not because I want you to thrive"

"i promise i wont send u to war again"

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

The election is extremely divided among racial lines, even more so than in the past, and Georgia has a very high minority population.

This is no different from 2012 re: racial lines. Obama secured 90 [it might even be 95%+] of the african american vote in Georgia. Georgia, and other southern states, has always been about the republicans being able to run up the score with white voters. In the NE and Midwest, a lot of poorer and less educated whites vote Democratic, this isn't the case for the south.

Basically the best explanations where HRC is down 3 in Georgia and probably up a corresponding amount in NC are the fact that educated whites have completely fled the GOP.

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

also pls dont downplay the plight of imagine dragons

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Baloogan posted:

hm that actually sounds fun, whats it called? Usually a US vs cuba scenario is pretty much about bombing cuba back into the stone age.

You can adjust the "Weapons Release Authority" to conserve missiles, and use them sparingly

Im not at my PC right now but its apart of a series called the war that never was or whatever.

You get a CVBG thats under literal constant onslaught by Mig-21s and 23s and you have like 20 hornets total.

Youre supposed to sink the PCs with SLAMERs.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Turdfuzz posted:

"i cant promise youll agree with me all the time but i can promise that i know whats good for you so sit down and shut up"

...what?

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

iospace posted:

If you wanted proof that the GOP is blind to scams, here you go:
https://twitter.com/apalmerdc/status/777878863284019200
Note, that's 100m over the entire campaign, not one month.

hey he's finally catching up with old jeb

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

Baloogan posted:

how hosed would someone be trying to play your game if their experience is from paradox interactive games?

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

i know thats how i feel

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
turdfuzz youre getting offended at things that arent being said

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

paranoid randroid posted:

[triggers internally]

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

One of the biggest Republican strongholds electoral vote wise and Trump is carrying it by nearly the margin of error. Jesus Christ. Explains why Clinton is aiming at the third-party members via Al Gore (if all goes as planned): she pulls off enough of those and she might just hobble the GOP. Losing to Clinton is one thing. But for them to lose some of their bigger states? The GOP will freak the gently caress out.

State polls are all over the place, and for every alarming state poll on the Republican side, there is one on the Democrats' side.

For example Reuters/Ipsos has:

Michigan - tied
Nevada - Trump +3
New Mexico - Trump +5
Colorado - Trump +3
Oregon - Clinton +3
Maine - Clinton +1

Polling has either become really bad, or we are headed for a very weird electoral map in November.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

paranoid randroid posted:

the donald trump method if you will

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Eonwe posted:

it makes me laugh that the fraternal order of police endorsed trump

more like the farternal order of police

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

i never get offended
ur offended!!

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Karl Sharks posted:

[triggers internally]

when i was young, back before we all had android bodies, we called that cummin'

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

iospace posted:

If you wanted proof that the GOP is blind to scams, here you go:
https://twitter.com/apalmerdc/status/777878863284019200
Note, that's 100m over the entire campaign, not one month.

a small loan of 100m dollars

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

TyrantWD posted:

State polls are all over the place, and for every alarming state poll on the Republican side, there is one on the Democrats' side.

Michigan - tied
Nevada - Trump +3
New Mexico - Trump +5
Colorado - Trump +3
Oregon - Clinton +3
Maine - Clinton +1

Polling has either become really bad, or we are headed for a very weird electoral map in November.

it's cause ipsos state polls aren't state polls, they're subsamples of their national poll so it's all kinds of hosed up

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Lastgirl posted:

donald trump tweets being used to recruit terrorists is yuge if true

like drat

like thats believable for sure

I mean if I were an ISIS boss, a dude who statistically has odds of being the leader of my greatest enemy saying poo poo like 'we're gonna keep the Muslims out' and 'they're plotting' would be pure gold to hold up and say 'see, look how much the west hates you just for being Muslim'. Ya know, doing that to a bunch of people who got their homes blown up by the west probably would get me some new terror interns.

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

i predicted that terrorist was a lazy millennial so u need to listen to me im good at this politics stuff

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

TyrantWD posted:

Michigan - tied
Nevada - Trump +3
New Mexico - Trump +5
Colorado - Trump +3
Oregon - Clinton +3
Maine - Clinton +1

Doesn't the Ipsos poll break out states from a nation-wide poll, leading to very small sample sizes and large margins of error?

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

its me, im the vicious cancer within *blares linkin park song*

CRAWLING

IN MY SKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEIIIIIIN

CONFUSIN WHAT IS REAAAAAAAAAAAAAALUUUUUUUUH

FEAAAAAAAAURRRRRRRRRR IS HOW I FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWLUUUUUUUH

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
i'd pay like 20 bucks for an hour long lets play of trump playing baloogan's game

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

the President definitely SHOULD be way smarter than me, running a country is loving complicated and I'd rather it was done correctly. I mean I'm an idiot, but probably smarter than all the assholes who vote based on whoever makes them, personally, feel less stupid at any given moment

why did it have to be the idiocracy timeline

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
According Ispos Trump is significantly ahead in Vermont so you all better just get ready for the thousand year trumpenreich because Joementum is gonna gently caress it up for all of us.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

GobiasIndustries posted:

Doesn't the Ipsos poll break out states from a nation-wide poll, leading to very small sample sizes and large margins of error?

yea Ipsos are some weird rear end voodoo bullshit that serve as a very, very, very, very, broad way to get a feel of things, not a real indicator.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

GobiasIndustries posted:

not only are their sample sizes on the smaller side, you have to remember how things tend to balance out with national polls, so you're not as particular with the nitty gritty of getting the sample in maine correct to a 95% confidence interval

like, this is basically the first time this poo poo has been done i think?

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Tatum Girlparts posted:

I mean if I were an ISIS boss, a dude who statistically has odds of being the leader of my greatest enemy saying poo poo like 'we're gonna keep the Muslims out' and 'they're plotting' would be pure gold to hold up and say 'see, look how much the west hates you just for being Muslim'. Ya know, doing that to a bunch of people who got their homes blown up by the west probably would get me some new terror interns.

Why don't we just deport all the racist fearful rednecks to the middle east and let them sort each other out

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

Fullhouse posted:

the President definitely SHOULD be way smarter than me, running a country is loving complicated and I'd rather it was done correctly. I mean I'm an idiot, but probably smarter than all the assholes who vote based on whoever makes them, personally, feel less stupid at any given moment

(((einstein))) was p smart soooooo i mean i doubt hillary is smarter than him

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Lastgirl posted:

Why don't we just deport all the racist fearful rednecks to the middle east and let them sort each other out

I'd buy that PPV

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

shiksa posted:

i'd pay like 20 bucks for an hour long lets play of trump playing baloogan's game

"Im supposed to rescue hostages in somalia? VICIOUS CANCER. SAD."

Nuclear weapons consent = authorized

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
what game is this

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Fullhouse posted:

because something something populism something something man of the people

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Phi230 posted:

"Im supposed to rescue hostages in somalia? VICIOUS CANCER. SAD."

Nuclear weapons consent = authorized

he likes people who weren't captured

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

Lastgirl posted:

We did that in vietnam already, it went...poorly

• Locked thread