Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
EO stuff is gay. Mostly because it made people who didn't know me act super awkward because oh no he has a Hispanic name... Better not say anything unprofessional. It gets old having to break ice over and over because people are afraid to hurt your feelings. Never saw two white guys have trouble with that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Prop Wash posted:

Gary Johnson doesn't like meaningless wars and Gary Johnson likes medical marijuana for veterans.

This makes Gary Johnson the most veteran-friendly candidate in decades.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Godholio posted:

This makes Gary Johnson the most veteran-friendly candidate in decades.

"Free Market Can Solve Anything"

So, no.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

Prop Wash posted:

Doctrine Man!, a facebook personality who's sort of like the Army version of JQP, created a survey to see who people would vote for. He then asked his facebook readers to take this survey. As you can imagine, this was the least scientific poll imaginable. He found that about 30% of veterans supported Gary Johnson, because there's a lot of loud libertarians on Facebook. JQP took this information and, because he's sort of a troll libertarian himself, sprinted straight at IAVA with it to demand that Gary Johnson be able to debate. IAVA said no, partially because it's not a real debate (the candidates just come and talk, not to each other, for 30 minutes each) and partially because Trump and Clinton are pretty twitchy and if you get Johnson on board at least one of them was gonna punch. JQP proceeded to go ballistic and write a bunch of lurid articles entitled things like "What the Hell, IAVA?" and kept talking about how the last "reputable estimate" (among self-reporting people who follow an alternative military news source on facebook) had Johnson at 39%.

That brings us up until now, where IAVA has convinced Gary Johnson to add a "Veteran Issues" area to his site where absolutely nothing of value is said except that Gary Johnson doesn't like meaningless wars and Gary Johnson likes medical marijuana for veterans. IAVA also asked Dr. Jill Stein to comment on veterans' issues, but for some reason she hasn't gotten back to them.

Clearly JQP doesn't look at the AIR FORCE/MARINE/ARMY/NAVY TIMES*, because Gary Johnson is on the front cover. Headline reads POPULAR AMONG MILITARY.

* a Gannett news media company

Larry Parrish posted:

EO stuff is gay. Mostly because it made people who didn't know me act super awkward because oh no he has a Hispanic name... Better not say anything unprofessional. It gets old having to break ice over and over because people are afraid to hurt your feelings. Never saw two white guys have trouble with that.

White men can't have hurt feelings.

It's not our fault that EO has created an environment that prevents me from calling the Filipino MSgt in our office colored :shrug:

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

lite_sleepr posted:

Clearly JQP doesn't look at the AIR FORCE/MARINE/ARMY/NAVY TIMES*, because Gary Johnson is on the front cover. Headline reads POPULAR AMONG MILITARY.

There was quite the facepalm when I saw that.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

Casimir Radon posted:

There was quite the facepalm when I saw that.

I have literally never heard of him until about 40 minutes ago, when I was chatting up a 2LT in UPT in line, and saw the magazines. She and I were both buying Warsteiner.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.
Tops in Blue permanently axed.

Good riddance.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

Good riddance.

I never understood the appeal.

Xenaba
Feb 18, 2003
Pillbug
We can only hope Max Impact or whatever it's called is next.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Good riddance.

They closed down one of the gyms and the movie theater at my base yet these fuckers got to linger for a few more years. Good riddance indeed.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
They closed and then privatized the Hobby Shop on base.

The Sheriff Jake
May 8, 2006
I'm ready to celebrate mine and the air forces birthday this weekend by taking copious amounts of mdma and lsd. How about you?

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

CommieGIR posted:

They closed and then privatized the Hobby Shop on base.

Columbus hasn't had an auto hobby shop for 4 years.

I don't know how our arts and crafts shop is still open.

JoeEskimoe
Sep 16, 2007

lite_sleepr posted:

Columbus hasn't had an auto hobby shop for 4 years.

I don't know how our arts and crafts shop is still open.

UPT Graduations.

sg54
May 9, 2012
Tyndall lost its golf course a few years ago. Not a golfer...but closing a golf course in Florida doesn't seem right.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Woah, really? By all accounts that was a nice one, aside from the alligators. It was sure as hell popular with the brass.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Tops in Blue finally dead, YES!

We've got an A1C who is 20 but has the maturity of a 13 year old. Dumb hipster, vapes because she's just sooo stressed out all the time, didn't have a drivers license until last year, was going to marry her tech school boyfriend until about a week ago. She's also a loving disaster when it comes to cleaning up aftet herself. She's really clumsly and spills things constantly, then won't clean up after herself unless you yell at her about it, which of course hurts her stupid little feelings. She just took off for 2 weeks of TDY and left her mostly empty coffee mug sitting out on a workbench with the beginnings of mold floating in it. We decided we'd stick it in her locker to teach her a lesson, when chief walks in. We thought he was going to scold us about it but he was pretty much "gently caress yeah, she needs to stop being such a goddamn pig"

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Casimir Radon posted:

Tops in Blue finally dead, YES!

We've got an A1C who is 20 but has the maturity of a 13 year old. Dumb hipster, vapes because she's just sooo stressed out all the time, didn't have a drivers license until last year, was going to marry her tech school boyfriend until about a week ago. She's also a loving disaster when it comes to cleaning up aftet herself. She's really clumsly and spills things constantly, then won't clean up after herself unless you yell at her about it, which of course hurts her stupid little feelings. She just took off for 2 weeks of TDY and left her mostly empty coffee mug sitting out on a workbench with the beginnings of mold floating in it. We decided we'd stick it in her locker to teach her a lesson, when chief walks in. We thought he was going to scold us about it but he was pretty much "gently caress yeah, she needs to stop being such a goddamn pig"

So she vapes and left a coffee mug out but wised up before making a bad relationship decision and managed to earn herself per diem while you dumbasses sit at home

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Buca di Bepis posted:

So she vapes and left a coffee mug out but wised up before making a bad relationship decision and managed to earn herself per diem while you dumbasses sit at home
A. She's already talking about going back to him, and is thinking of blowing a bunch of money on a Geo Teenager-Killer Tracker. The second part of that should be enough to paint a pretty good picture of what she's like.
B. None of use were given the choice of going. I think they sent her because she hasn't been doing poo poo around the office.

Edit: Don't homeschool your kids.

Casimir Radon fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Sep 17, 2016

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Buca di Bepis posted:

They closed down one of the gyms and the movie theater at my base yet these fuckers got to linger for a few more years. Good riddance indeed.

They closed the Auto Hobby shop at Nellis and half the golf course but TIB kept on truckin' til now.

For DIY mechanics the auto hobby shop was one of the best things any af base had.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Absolutely. I saved a ridiculous amount of time and money over the years using their lifts.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

For DIY mechanics the auto hobby shop was one of the best things any af base had.

Our had the tire mount and balance machine for free use, with a charge for the weights, and had an alignment rack.

Really pissed me off when it went away.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Godholio posted:

Absolutely. I saved a ridiculous amount of time and money over the years using their lifts.

Spent a few months at little rock and got to where I could swap the transmission in my car in 4 hours from pulling up to leaving. I only paid I think 30 bucks total between the three times I did that swap.

sg54
May 9, 2012

Godholio posted:

Woah, really? By all accounts that was a nice one, aside from the alligators. It was sure as hell popular with the brass.

Yeah; been closed for a few years now. Its just weeds, 6' grass and the occasional hunter running from alligators.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Probably lost a poo poo ton of traffic when the F-15s left. Those three squadrons were probably 40% of the base population, almost all CGOs.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

The Sheriff Jake posted:

I'm ready to celebrate mine and the air forces birthday this weekend by taking copious amounts of mdma and lsd. How about you?

"Celebrated" by running the AF marathon so I could escape Louisiana for a few days. Now celebrating with beer. Legs aren't working the way they should, but more beer will temporarily fix that.

Edit: Happy birthday btw

Double edit: HDI, very tempted to drive by your place and ruin your immunity to helldump.

Arc Light fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Sep 18, 2016

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
Is it the Air Force's birthday this weekend? I'll celebrate like I did last weekend. Drinking beer and writing a paper for NCOA.

David Bowie Knife posted:

I'm in ALS right now, and I'm really reminded of all the reasons why I joined, and what I'm protecting when I show up to my work center everyday. It's not a rebluing, it's a reminder. It's pretty freaking awesome because our Class Leader is a Security Forces Defender, and everyone is so motivated to push each other! It's great to see all of the nonners step it up, and definitely not suck the instructor's rear end at all. It really seems like everyone has put thoughtful consideration into everything they add to the discussion.

jk, let's talk about ALS.

I'm a bit late to the party but ALS was one of those places where you can easily tell the people who are trying too hard. Right off the bat you've got folks trying to establish themselves as the ultra leaders of the course but it just comes off as sad and tragic.

I haven't noticed as many people trying to LEAD THE CLASS in NCOA so far. They've changed it up a bit so they don't directly teach the book and test on it, that's what course 15 is for. They still shove it down your throat to pay attention to the course material and judge style over substance or effectiveness. I got points knocked off of a paper because I didn't define NCOIC before using as it an acronym by itself. Apparently it's an unfamiliar term, despite appearing on all the nametags in my class. Because that makes sense. gently caress it, I graduate on the 28th and I'm pretty much checked out.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
Also re:JQP chat it seems like he's getting a bit shrill and weird lately. The Gary Johnson stuff is grating and some of the recent stuff is just not hitting the mark for me.

Xenaba
Feb 18, 2003
Pillbug

dscruffy1 posted:

Also re:JQP chat it seems like he's getting a bit shrill and weird lately. The Gary Johnson stuff is grating and some of the recent stuff is just not hitting the mark for me.

I agree, the Facebook page has been sharing a lot of election stuff lately that has no relation to the AF (mostly memes) and I don't get it.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
Do you still play eve?

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Does anyone? I quit like four or five years ago.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

dscruffy1 posted:

Is it the Air Force's birthday this weekend? I'll celebrate like I did last weekend. Drinking beer and writing a paper for NCOA.

18 Sep 1947

Ckwiesr posted:

I agree, the Facebook page has been sharing a lot of election stuff lately that has no relation to the AF (mostly memes) and I don't get it.

I know he has a couple of other people writing now. I don't read everything that gets posted, but when Tony identifies himself in the comments there's a distinctly different feel in the tone of writing. I wish they'd sign their drat blog entries, though.

zombieswithblenders
Nov 21, 2008

Casimir Radon posted:

Sounds like the future of the AF. How does it feel to be old and angry at things that dont make sense due to the age gap? But for real tho, why did you reward her with a TDY if shes as bad as you say?

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

zombieswithblenders posted:

Sounds like the future of the AF. How does it feel to be old and angry at things that dont make sense due to the age gap? But for real tho, why did you reward her with a TDY if shes as bad as you say?
I didn't. Somebody in leadership did that one. As for why, I don't know. They're getting pretty tired of her poo poo too, but seem to have this need to baby useless people.

Xenaba
Feb 18, 2003
Pillbug

lite_sleepr posted:

Do you still play eve?

No, I quit around December when I decided to use my Uncle Sam fun bucks and go back to school. I have zero time for gaming between that and working full time.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
Oh, to be out.

The thought terrifies me.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
Can anyone tell me about Shaw AFB and surrounding area? To include Columbia I suppose, if that is commuter distance. I did basic training there but that isn't a very helpful experience.

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

One of my airman ended up getting a QA fail the other day, the problem is he was technically on leave when he got the fail. His leave started at 0000 and he ended up working to 0100 and the failure came during that time period. Is there any way I can fight this or is he screwed?

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
Youre on duty 24/7. He should also get an LOR for working while not on duty, and taking to provide adequate turnover at 0005 hours, and you an LOC for such sloppy supervision.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rythe posted:

One of my airman ended up getting a QA fail the other day, the problem is he was technically on leave when he got the fail. His leave started at 0000 and he ended up working to 0100 and the failure came during that time period. Is there any way I can fight this or is he screwed?

Love it when you get scheduled on leave when regs say you can't unless they deny or cancel your leave, but it's easier to assume random airmen won't complain than deny leave

• Locked thread