Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CaptainCrunch
Mar 19, 2006
droppin Hamiltons!
Wow, mine shipped early and will beat the original shipping date.

But of course now it will arrive while I'm out of town. :smith:

At least they shipped it UPS. They're going to hold it at the local UPS store instead of on my porch. :gunsmith:

But the UPS store is closed Sunday. So I won't get it until Monday, which is the original ship date. Dang it.

edit: Are you serious, page snipe? Dang it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thebehaviorist
Jan 11, 2009

On Saturday I returned my 32GB 7 plus I received on launch day and reordered the 128. Ship time said 2-4 weeks but I just got an email with 9/22 delivery date. :woop:

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

How the hell am I still at processing.

iRoNgHosT
Mar 10, 2003

www.fusionball.com

thebehaviorist posted:

On Saturday I returned my 32GB 7 plus I received on launch day and reordered the 128. Ship time said 2-4 weeks but I just got an email with 9/22 delivery date. :woop:

I ordered a 128gb 7 plus last Thursday and have an estimated ship date of 10/20 to 10/27... drat it...

zergstain
Dec 15, 2005

LODGE NORTH posted:

Upgrade for the resale value, not the phone.

I've been upgrading every 2 years since the iPhone 4. I always just felt that was the sweet spot as far as resale value and early upgrade fees goes. Perhaps I'll weigh some numbers and compare reselling vs. switching to a BYOD plan. But nothing is going to happen before my contract ends in November.

OTOH, I've heard 3D Touch is more usefull in iOS 10. And hopefully more RAM means background apps not being killed as often.

flipoff
Nov 25, 2003

Really, bitch?

My phone has shipped today, will be here Wednesday. Original delivery window of 10/4-10/10.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

flipoff posted:

My phone has shipped today, will be here Wednesday. Original delivery window of 10/4-10/10.

This is good to know. Means mine should be in the next wave of shipments (10/10-10/17)

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002

by VideoGames
Hell Gem
Nice. My October 4-10 phone is arriving Wednesday.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Are you guys all direct from Apple?

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002

by VideoGames
Hell Gem
Si.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Y

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
10/4-10/10 still processing. Meh.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

LmaoTheKid posted:

10/4-10/10 still processing. Meh.

Finally someone who can relate to my pain.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002

by VideoGames
Hell Gem
If it makes you feel any better mine is going to my moms house 230 miles away. I'm having it held at the depot by her house though so she can just hand it back and give them 20 bucks to ship it to me. So I won't get it until Thursday :smith:

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

I probably won't be getting mine until next year based off how this poo poo is going.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

LODGE NORTH posted:

Finally someone who can relate to my pain.

For the record, I'm in no pain as my 6 on iOS10 is perfectly adequate.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Well duck you too then. :mad:

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Everything's going to be ok. Maybe go volunteer at a womens shelter or soup kitchen and put things in perspective.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Those people would look more privileged than I would if I have to show my face in public with a 5C.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

LODGE NORTH posted:

Those people would look more privileged than I would if I have to show my face in public with a 5C.

Tim has seen your posts and wants you to suffer for your whining.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002

by VideoGames
Hell Gem

LODGE NORTH posted:

More than likely. At least people can assume my 6+ is really a 6S+ so I don't get outed as a poor immediately.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

flipoff posted:

A chat person at Apple said to me that was impossible and everyone with dates that late was lying on the internet. LOL.

Despite that showing up EVERYWHERE.

Sadly, my 9/9 order on Apple (ordered at 12:09pm) with a ship date of 9/27-29 has been Preparing for SHipment for like 5 days now and no status update whatsoever. People with the exact same configuration as me who have original dates of October are getting their phones bumped up to today, tomorrow, wednesday, etc...

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Feenix posted:

A chat person at Apple said to me that was impossible and everyone with dates that late was lying on the internet. LOL.

Sadly, my 9/9 order on Apple (ordered at 12:09pm) with a ship date of 9/27-29 has been Preparing for SHipment for like 5 days now and no status update whatsoever. People with the exact same configuration as me who have original dates of October are getting their phones bumped up to today, tomorrow, wednesday, etc...

That's funny. When I called Apple to try to change my address (AT&T didn't have my apartment number for some reason, which I have since changed), the rep said it was the earliest she had seen.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

Bum the Sad posted:

If it makes you feel any better mine is going to my moms house 230 miles away. I'm having it held at the depot by her house though so she can just hand it back and give them 20 bucks to ship it to me. So I won't get it until Thursday :smith:

Same but ~300 miles and it happened last week. It's mega convenient to be on my mom's family plan, except for this very occasion. I wonder what the reasoning is, since apparently AT&T does it in addition to Verizon. It seems inefficient and wasteful for everyone involved.

Still, somehow, some way, Tim's divine graces blessed me by managing to send the phone six days earlier than Verizon estimated. So even with the phone leapfrogging across California, I'm still getting it early. :unsmith: Its out for delivery today and the mailman cannot be here soon enough.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Endless Mike posted:

Tim has seen your posts and wants you to suffer for your whining.

Steve Jobs wouldn't have let this happen.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002

by VideoGames
Hell Gem

Avocados posted:

Same but ~300 miles and it happened last week. It's mega convenient to be on my mom's family plan, except for this very occasion. I wonder what the reasoning is, since apparently AT&T does it in addition to Verizon. It seems inefficient and wasteful for everyone involved.

Still, somehow, some way, Tim's divine graces blessed me by managing to send the phone six days earlier than Verizon estimated. So even with the phone leapfrogging across California, I'm still getting it early. :gunsmith: Its out for delivery today and the mailman cannot be here soon enough.

Well now that this is over with i guess it's the last time? I mean from now on we schedule pickups at the store right?

flipoff
Nov 25, 2003

Really, bitch?

Feenix posted:

gently caress, you figured it out, this was all just a massive conspiracy to make you look like an idiot. Well we had a good run, good effort everyone.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
drat, kinda regret cancelling my apple.com 10/3-10 order when AT&T said it would ship 9/23-30. I keep checking ATT to see if the order has updated but nothing.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002

by VideoGames
Hell Gem

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

drat, kinda regret cancelling my apple.com 10/3-10 order when AT&T said it would ship 9/23-30. I keep checking ATT to see if the order has updated but nothing.

Yeah you're a big dumb dummy alright.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Did you guys get emails that said it was preparing for shipment or did you just check one day?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

LODGE NORTH posted:

Did you guys get emails that said it was preparing for shipment or did you just check one day?

Tim actually called me himself and told me. You didn't get the call yet?

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Tim calls me to remind me to stay hydrated.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

I ordered mine on Wednesday evening and it was delivered Friday

I think you guys just did something wrong

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Was it a Plus?

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

LODGE NORTH posted:

Tim calls me to remind me to stay hydrated.

gotta have electrolytes. it's what rabid consumerists crave

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002

by VideoGames
Hell Gem

LODGE NORTH posted:

I just checked Saturday when the other goons said it was happening.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

LODGE NORTH posted:

Was it a Plus?

I'm not a giant so no

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

Bum the Sad posted:

Well now that this is over with i guess it's the last time? I mean from now on we schedule pickups at the store right?
I had the impression that you couldn't do that as well. Oh well, thats a problem for 2018. :getin:

Speakers on the 7 are definitely nice. Not comparable to a proper speaker when it comes to actual quality, but it can get much louder and still sound reasonably well. Good shizz.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002

by VideoGames
Hell Gem

Avocados posted:

I had the impression that you couldn't do that as well. Oh well, thats a problem for 2018. :getin:

Speakers on the 7 are definitely nice. Not comparable to a proper speaker when it comes to actual quality, but it can get much louder and still sound reasonably well. Good shizz.

I thought you had to do it in store to trade the phone in.

Will some one who did the upgrade program tell us exactly how it works?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kimcicle
Feb 23, 2003

Bum the Sad posted:

I thought you had to do it in store to trade the phone in.

Will some one who did the upgrade program tell us exactly how it works?

I set up a reservation online to upgrade my 6S (that was on the Apple Upgrade Program) to a 7. Came to the store, they confirmed my eligibility (via serial / IMEI), wiped my old device, had me sign a bunch of paperwork, and gave me my new phone.

• Locked thread